Hello Guest September 01, 2024, 03:57:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: stern thrusters question  (Read 30194 times)

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
Re: stern thrusters question
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2008, 21:44:57 »

yes we are tying to dicsue why adding trusters and an other engine to a ship would be unrealistic and would take a long time for minimal resalt and you are talking about cheeses

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2008, 21:50:21 »

he was stay keep on topic eg no cheese talk or anything not about the mater

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2008, 21:51:44 »

...but why does cheese have to go splat? You might ask... Or you might say... there are many useful things you can do with a discarded poor piece of mouldy cheese. Its mouldy... so you could mould it into a little model of a vermaas... WITH A STERN THRUSTER!!!

Oh sorry DJM, you were saying?

How would that be put into the simulator ??? ;D.

I am going to put this in bold letters because everyone thinks we are talking about V-STEP remodeling the vermaas...........

I do not want V-STEP to remodel the vermaas. I just thought that the vermaas would have been better if they added a stern thruster or another engine!I have said this about 5 times, yet, no one seems to care.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2008, 21:52:45 »

but why would it need it or want it

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2008, 21:54:45 »

The captain..you didnt put it in bold. You put it in bold AND underlined. HAHAAAA!

Why whould we want it? to make docking cargo ships with on-board refineries and toxid gasses easier

No offence Paul, you have no sence of humor what-so-ever

2 posts combined, DJM.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 22:04:22 by [RWP]DJM »

Come and join us at the ship sim wiki! www.shipsimulator.wikia.com
Head Aministrator at Ship Simulator wiki.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2008, 21:59:59 »

How would that be put into the simulator ??? ;D.

I am going to put this in bold letters because everyone thinks we are talking about V-STEP remodeling the vermaas...........

I do not want V-STEP to remodel the vermaas. I just thought that the vermaas would have been better if they added a stern thruster or another engine!I have said this about 5 times, yet, no one seems to care.

THEY WOULD NEED TO REMODEL THE SHIP TO HAVE ANOTHER PROPELLER AND BE SHAPED FOR DUAL PROPS! PLUS TWO ENGINES WOULD BE TOO BIG FOR THAT SIZE HULL BECAUSE THEY MADE IT WITH ONLY 1 ENGINE, EVEN THOUGH WE DON'T NEED TO GET INTO THAT MUCH DETAIL, BUT YOU WOULD NEED TOO MODEL ANOTHER PROP FOR THE OTHER ENGINE!

Please don't double post. And please read the rules. I have already reported one of your off-topic posts because it is just dumb. I won't refrain from reporting any others I continue to see.

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2008, 22:02:24 »

THEY WOULD NEED TO REMODEL THE SHIP TO HAVE ANOTHER PROPELLER AND BE SHAPED FOR DUAL PROPS! PLUS TWO ENGINES WOULD BE TOO BIG FOR THAT SIZE HULL BECAUSE THEY MADE IT WITH ONLY 1 ENGINE, EVEN THOUGH WE DON'T NEED TO GET INTO THAT MUCH DETAIL, BUT YOU WOULD NEED TOO MODEL ANOTHER PROP FOR THE OTHER ENGINE!
Please don't double post. And please read the rules. I have already reported one of your off-topic posts because it is just dumb. I won't refrain from reporting any others I continue to see.

Agent, did you even read what I had put in bold AND underlined letters? It doesent seem that you have, even though you quoted it.

The captain..you didnt put it in bold. You put it in bold AND underlined. HAHAAAA!

Why whould we want it? to make docking cargo ships with on-board refineries and toxid gasses easier

Yea, well, I decided to put an add-on addition in it ;D. Thought it might be more helpful ;D.

I concur, we need to install some in him. We just need to figure out his processor and get inside of him ;D.

3 posts combined, DJM.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 22:06:03 by [RWP]DJM »

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2008, 22:04:46 »

Agent, did you even read what I had put in bold AND underlined letters? It doesent seem that you have, even though you quoted it.

YES BUT THEY WOULD HAVE TO REMODEL THE VERMAAS TO ADD ANOTHER PROP, OR ELSE IT WOULD STILL ONLY HAVE ONE PROP BUT WITH TWO ENGINE CONTROLS! AND THE DYNAMICS WOULD GET MESSED UP HAVING TWO PROPS SPINNING WHEN THE HULL WAS DESIGNED FOR ONE PROP!

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2008, 22:06:17 »

Okay thats just stupid and pointless. for future reference, the CapsLock key is on the left hand side of the keyboard. Blimey... you're redicilious. Im trying not to double post, but we are all posting at the same time and its impossible. Could you please be a bit more sensible.  >:(

And yes... remodleing the ship. It would take a life's time wouldnt it? adding a stern thruster to the Vermaas?

DJM, sorry about my double posts, creating a merging job for you... I hope you're not so narrow-minded and understand
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 22:08:04 by Microsoft »

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2008, 22:07:03 »

Okay thats just stupid and pointless. for future reference, the CapsLock key is on the left hand side of the keyboard. Blimey... you're redicilious. Im trying not to double post, but we are all posting at the same time and its impossible. Could you please be a bit more sensible.  >:(

And yes... remodleing the ship. It would take a life's time wouldnt it? adding a stern thruster to the Vermaas?
Ok how about you go re-model and re-code the entire ship to add those then.  :) I bet you know C++ don't ya...

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2008, 22:09:04 »

If I knew how to model simulators I would grab my coat and some cheese and go and remodel it! This is pathetic!!  :o I'm talking about experts remodeling the thing!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 22:10:43 by Microsoft »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2008, 22:11:02 »

Guys, this is being taken way too seriously, and you're posting comments that are borderline abusive.

Please avoid multiple-posting, and avoid shouting.  If you can't treat each other with respect, don't post.

Thank you.

Regards.

Carl.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2008, 22:12:19 »

Ok fellas, I know I am not a moderator but that is enough arguing >:(. Moving on.

Now, agent what I am saying is that they could have done all of the tech stuff in the vermaas before they even thought about doing the design we see now. If they thought to be creative and put 2 thrusters and/or 2 propellers, they could have done it.

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2008, 22:13:10 »

Guys, this is being taken way too seriously, and you're posting comments that are borderline abusive.

Please avoid multiple-posting, and avoid shouting.  If you can't treat each other with respect, don't post.

Thank you.

Regards.

Carl.

Hey, come on, I was ganna post the same thing >:( :P ;D.

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2008, 22:14:52 »

Okay... End of argument.

The vermaas needs a stern thruster and people who don't want it don't have to use it. We need this for people who find it hard to dock the vermaas. The dynamics need to be changed to add the movement of a stern thruster on the vermaas. The vermaas will also need to be modifyed. That is all. They don't need to modify any other ship.

END OF ARGUMENT AND POINTLESS TORTURE

ALL IN FAVOR OF ADDICTION SAY "I!"  :D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 22:16:56 by Microsoft »

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2008, 22:17:08 »

Ok fellas, I know I am not a moderator but that is enough arguing >:(. Moving on.

Now, agent what I am saying is that they could have done all of the tech stuff in the vermaas before they even thought about doing the design we see now. If they thought to be creative and put 2 thrusters and/or 2 propellers, they could have done it.
So you are just wondering why they didn't add one when they created the ship and are not asking for it to be added now???

Okay... End of argument.

The vermaas needs a stern thruster and people who don't want it don't have to use it. We need this for people who find it hard to dock the vermaas. The dynamics need to be changed to add the movement of a stern thruster on the vermaas. The vermaas will also need to be modifyed. That is all. They don't need to modify any other ship.

But this once again is not needed, it is a realistic simulator for people that want a challenge, in real life you can't just slap on a stern thruster to a ship because you find it a little difficult to dock. You have to use what you have. That is the fun in the game.

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2008, 22:18:57 »

Okay... End of argument.

ALL IN FAVOR OF ADDICTION SAY "I!"  :D

Not "I"  :P.

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2008, 22:19:45 »

The Captain, I thought you wanted a stern thruster or another engine?

Oh... *sigh* I am not explaining the theory again for Agent Austin. I REPEAT

END OF ARGUMENT AND USELESS TORTURE

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2008, 22:21:08 »

So you are just wondering why they didn't add one when they created the ship and are not asking for it to be added now???
But this once again is not needed, it is a realistic simulator for people that want a challenge, in real life you can't just slap on a stern thruster to a ship because you find it a little difficult to dock. You have to use what you have. That is the fun in the game.

Precicely. I am just saying that it would have made a good addition to the vermaas, not that they need to add it.

In real life, if a ship was not stabel enough to controll, they might add a stern thruster or 2 propelors.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2008, 22:21:26 »

yes in real life a captain cannot go "oh i wish this ship had a stern thruster" because 2 people find it to hard to use the rudder to make the back end come round then it dose not mean that it should be redone just live with the fact that is dose not have one it dose not have 2 engines

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2008, 22:22:03 »

I repeat

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2008, 22:22:07 »

Oh and The Captain, I thought you wanted a stern thruster or another engine?

I can read. But your thoughts aren't possible. Maybe you should fly to VSTEP and tell them that you would like to code the vermaas's new dynamics and stern thruster.

Final Answer: It isn't going to happen

yes in real life a captain cannot go "oh i wish this ship had a stern thruster" because 2 people find it to hard to use the rudder to make the back end come round then it dose not mean that it should be redone just live with the fact that is dose not have one it dose not have 2 engines
Just drop a thruster off the side of the ship. Wouldn't that be funny, temporary thruster.  ;D

TerryRussell

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2008, 22:23:39 »

Hey, why not have wings and a vertical take-off unit to make it really simple?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Contrary to what Microsoft says, it ain't over until my ex-wife sings.  ;D

Or until I lock the topic...

Now folks, as DJM said, "chill out!".

[edit]
I have removed all of the seriously off-topic posts about cheese and summoning deities, etc. Apart from being deliberately provacative, they were pointless.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 12:30:19 by TerryRussell »

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2008, 22:24:34 »

No, in real life if I captain was having trouble maintaining the ship, they would in fact add something to the ship to make it stable. Perhaps a stern thruster or a second engine ;D.

The Captain, I thought you wanted a stern thruster or another engine?

I do. What made you think otherwize?

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2008, 22:25:42 »

Nice idea. Or as I said. A cargo ship is just a massive tonne of metal floating in the sea carrieing evil poisonus and toxic gasses and smelly crude oil in the depth.  

Well you said "Not I"

Next man should phone the BTT (Board of temporary thrusters)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 22:28:09 by Microsoft »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines