Hello Guest September 01, 2024, 03:46:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: stern thrusters question  (Read 30193 times)

Gloat

• Forum member
Re: stern thrusters question
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2008, 21:06:42 »

I got very very bored with train simulator. However, I was a perfect driver ;D.

I would not think that people would protest if they added 1 stern thruster to a ship :P. That is a little overdramatic. Perhaps if I asked for the vermaas to have 2 engines instead of one, that would cause a protest too? I find it very hard to mauver the vermaas with only one engine. I am satisfyed with ethier a stern thruster or 2 engines. Nothing more I ask.

I quite agree with The Captain. If you added one stern thruster, no change would be made at all. You see, those who want this simulator to be as real as possible, can simply not use the stern thruster, however those who don't can. Its quite simple...

Come and join us at the ship sim wiki! www.shipsimulator.wikia.com
Head Aministrator at Ship Simulator wiki.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2008, 21:08:51 »

hard realy? the vermass is allmost as simple as the speed boats to drive dock and any thing else

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2008, 21:12:25 »

I quite agree with The Captain. If you added one stern thruster, no change would be made at all. You see, those who want this simulator to be as real as possible, can simply not use the stern thruster, however those who don't can. Its quite simple...

I agree with microsoft agreeing with me ;D. If you don't want to use it and want the game to be more challenging, then don't use it!

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2008, 21:14:54 »

ship are made to be as close to the real thing adding anuther engine or trurster would mean the whole ships would have to be re done with new dyamics and modeling

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2008, 21:16:56 »

But we arent asking them to remodel it! We are saying that it would have been beter if they made a second engine or stern thruster!

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2008, 21:17:24 »

well it is a case of do you want realistic ship or do you want a ship that has very little realism

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2008, 21:18:12 »

yeah... what does the arie visser have in common with the vermaas? Nothing. So why would a random ship in SS have to be remoddled just because a mass of steel was getting upgraded?

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2008, 21:19:14 »

So what you are saying is if they added a stern thruster or another engine, it would loose all its realisim? What you are saying is that there is absolutely no other cargo ship in the world with another engine?

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2008, 21:19:30 »

could you post a bit slower? i cant get my point round...

if you want the ship to have realism, dont use the stern thruster! simple! If you don't like in The Captains case, then feel free!

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2008, 21:20:52 »

if you where adding a stern truster and an other engine then the ships would need to be remodeld to occomodat the new addons as well as the dyamices redoing wich would take a long time

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2008, 21:22:12 »

could you post a bit slower? i cant get my point round...

if you want the ship to have realism, dont use the stern thruster! simple! If you don't like in The Captains case, then feel free!

Thank you microsoft :). This is seeming like a war rather than a debate. Us vs. pauljanaway1 ;D

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2008, 21:22:32 »

HELLOOOO! ANYONE HOME!? Its only the vermaas which needs remodleing... not the PoR, the pioneer, the ocean star... and all that stuff.

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2008, 21:24:07 »

if you where adding a stern truster and an other engine then the ships would need to be remodeld to occomodat the new addons as well as the dyamices redoing wich would take a long time

We arent adding anything! How many times do I have to say it? I would have perferred that the vermaas had another engine or a stern thruster >:(. Thats it. When did we start talking about asking V-STEP to add a stern thruster or another engine?

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2008, 21:24:35 »

why would you need another engine the vermass dose 25kn turns at over 80 degress per second if you cant dock it it's not the ships falt is't the oporator

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2008, 21:24:43 »

Crikey... missed it again  :-[

You have to keep up with the pace microsoft ;D :P.

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2008, 21:26:50 »

thirteen years later... ;)

LOL ;D.

why would you need another engine the vermass dose 25kn turns at over 80 degress per second if you cant dock it it's not the ships falt is't the oporator

first, it would go faster.
Second, it would be easier to dock. I never said that I could not dock the vermaas, I said it would be easier.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2008, 21:28:39 »

but in real life large cargo ships would not go at speed boat speeds the vermass is one of the most monoverble ships ingame to bring the back round just go full ahead and turn

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2008, 21:30:41 »

In real life, all cargo ships do is throw pollution in the air and carry tonnes of poisonus toxid liquid and crude oil. AND IF YOU WANT THE GAME TO BE REALISTIC, DONT USE THE STERN THRUSTER!!!

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2008, 21:33:00 »

Acctually, V-STEP should consider giving the Latitude an on-board portable refinery...  :D

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2008, 21:33:44 »

why have them in the first place this is ship simulator it simulats shipping not ships that can do anything

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2008, 21:34:58 »

In real life, all cargo ships do is throw pollution in the air and carry tonnes of poisonus toxid liquid and crude oil. AND IF YOU WANT THE GAME TO BE REALISTIC, DONT USE THE STERN THRUSTER!!!

WOW, what a comeback ;D. Good one :D.

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2008, 21:35:35 »

why have them in the first place this is ship simulator it simulats shipping not ships that can do anything

What would we have ????

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2008, 21:37:06 »

Hey Paul, If you saw a pile of cheese on the floor, what would you do?  :(

ROFL ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2008, 21:38:51 »

I got very very bored with train simulator. However, I was a perfect driver ;D.

I would not think that people would protest if they added 1 stern thruster to a ship :P. That is a little overdramatic. Perhaps if I asked for the vermaas to have 2 engines instead of one, that would cause a protest too? I find it very hard to mauver the vermaas with only one engine. I am satisfyed with ethier a stern thruster or 2 engines. Nothing more I ask.

But vessels of this size don't have two engines either! And they WOULD have to remodel it (add a stern thruster) and/or model it to have two props. If you don't like it then go play Virtual Sailor, it isn't a REALISTIC SIMULATOR. And you can make what ever you want.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2008, 21:42:08 »

Hiya guys :)

Could we keep this on-topic please :)

Carl.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines