Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 17:23:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Are you now 100% satisfied with the 1.3 patch?

Yes, I am 100% satisfied
Yes, I am satisfied but not 100%
I am not satisfied (why?)
I am completely not satisfied (why?)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you now 100% satisfied with the 1.3 patch?  (Read 32691 times)

jeanfla

• Forum member
Re: Are you now 100% satisfied with the 1.3 patch?
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2011, 21:40:15 »

I am completely not satisfied with SSE
Because :
 - It is totally bugged
 - SS08 is better than SSE
 - Don't want to play

KiwiSailor

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2011, 10:58:21 »

Hi guys,

For those who report a framerate drop since the 1.3 update, can you please tell us :

1. what is your in-game anti-aliasing level setting ?
2. have you tried reducing this anti-aliasing (starting from none, then trying one step higher, and so on) ? Can you please do that and tell us if your framerate drop is linked with the anti-aliasing ?
3. if you have in-game antialising enabled, have you set up your video card anti aliasing settings to 'managed by applications' ?

For me I checked my Nvidia settings and the it is set let the programme decide. In the game it was set to the lowest level and was shocking for FPS. I changed my settings to medium and it made the game somewhat playable but alas sparse on scenery.

Thanks.

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2011, 11:27:35 »

FPS is awful with patch 1.3.

Previously it was around 30 FPS with any vessels in any enviroment. Now it's between 5-15. Not good enough.  >:( Playing SSE is now giving me headache because the screen is shuddering a lot due to poor FPS.

I have the most up-to-date graphic driver and in my Nvida settings, I let the application decide the best settings to use. Changing the settings to low quality, let Physix use my CPU or Graphic Card CPU did not make any difference. (then again why should I have to? It was the same settings as before - the only thing which was changed is the patch 1.3)

I am that close to chuck SSE and go back to playing SS2006 and SS2008 again.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

flaviossa

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2011, 17:08:58 »

I am completely not satisfied with SSE
Because :
 - Don't want to play

You said something simple and interesting: For me, satisfaction with a game is the capability to make someone wants to turn on the computer, fire the game and use your time for entertainment. As simple as it is. Without naming the bugs, at this point SSE don´t make me feel this way. It´s installed in my computer, but every time i look at SSE icon at my desktop i think: "naaahhh not now".  :-\ The WOW!! factor is awayyyyy.

I completely agree with jeanfla in this matter.
ShipSim 08 / ShipSim Extremes
Win10 Pro 64 - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H100i - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - EVGA GTX1080 SC - TrackIR 5 - SSD 960Gb + 480Gb Hyper X 3K

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2011, 19:14:46 »

It's odd.   I did the same: set Quality from High to Medium, let the game decide the AA for my nVidia card, it made no difference.  Still 5-7 fps.  Before the update, all was fine at 12-17 fps..
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 19:45:10 by saltydog »

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2011, 20:14:18 »

It's odd.   I did the same: set Quality from High to Medium, let the game decide the AA for my nVidia card, it made no difference.  Still 5-7 fps.  Before the update, all was fine at 12-17 fps..

Saltydog,

I think it is very obvious that something in the patch 1.3 has caused a such terrible FPS rate.

I sincerely hope Vstep will look into this as a matter of urgency.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2011, 20:17:42 »

An if you put the graphics quality at the lowest possible, will you get more FPS?

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2011, 20:24:46 »

Saltydog,

I think it is very obvious that something in the patch 1.3 has caused a such terrible FPS rate.

I sincerely hope Vstep will look into this as a matter of urgency.

But if that would be a structural problem in the patch, then why is it not the same for everyone? We've seem some people with this drop in performance, but it's a minority really, so there's clearly something more at work here. It's not as simple as 'it's just the patch'. It's a combination of things.

Some players have whiped SSE from their computer, including running the unregister.exe first. After a totally new install, they are now experiencing better performance. You might wanna give it a try perhaps.

Most testers will start with a totally new fresh install each time a new build is tested. If you take into effect that almost none of us had this problem, maybe this patch requires a fresh install on some machines to clear something that's conflicting somehow. I'm no tecchie, just looking at it logically.

Backup your userdata so you don't lose all your progress and profile and try unregistering the game, then uninstalling completely, then installing a-fresh including the patch. And then run it  as such. See if that works for you.

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2011, 21:36:25 »

Hi Mad_Fred,

I have aldready uninstalled SSE and reinstalled it - still made no difference. (I didn't do the unregister.exe thing - will do that and try again).

What I don't understand that up to patch 1.2.2, I was able to have FPS of around 30 (and sometimes 35-40 if playing a slow vessel) on same graphic settings, which was "medium" quality.

The only thing which has been changed is the patch 1.3 itself.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2011, 21:39:25 »

Yes, so obviously there is a conflict somwhere indeed.

but, others do not report this problem. And even report and increase in performance. Or at least a game that runs relatively smooth.

So, where does one look for the culprit if it's not the same for everyone?  :P

If you try the unregister, and also remove your savegames and profile during uninstallation to start with a totally fresh install (back up the userdata folder manually unless you dont mind losing it) then see what gives.

Fred

krytsch

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2011, 22:04:37 »

Hi Mad_Fred

Unfortunately I am a member of this minority.

I have uninstalled SSE completely (including unregister.exe), but it didn't improve anything.

I have attached my dxdiag.txt again, so maybe you or some other clever guy can help me and find the reason for the bad performance AND fulty behaviour of SSE (which really only affects SSE - other Software, including simulations - runs smooth) on my machine.

SSE has always had a bad performance and a strange behaviour for me - regardless of the version.

Thanks in advance

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 22:07:27 by krytsch »

KiwiSailor

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2011, 22:10:41 »

Yes, so obviously there is a conflict somwhere indeed.

but, others do not report this problem. And even report and increase in performance. Or at least a game that runs relatively smooth.

So, where does one look for the culprit if it's not the same for everyone?  :P

If you try the unregister, and also remove your savegames and profile during uninstallation to start with a totally fresh install (back up the userdata folder manually unless you dont mind losing it) then see what gives.

Fred

Mad Fred.
Where do I send the box of beer to? Just as you said it worked fine for me.
I will put what I did down step by step.

1 Unregistered SSE using tool in SSE folder.

2 Uninstalled game and got rid of all player settings when asked.

3 restarted computer.

4 Installed SSE 1.1 onto computer.

5 installed patch to computer.

6 ran game and registered it.

7 Sat back and looked at the cool textures and awesome frame rates!

Thanks Fred.  Sorry gotta go have a ship to drive!  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2011, 22:42:51 »

Oh no! Even Aad isn't satisfied - one off the most patient forum members.
This is indeed an alarm signal.
To Whom It Cocerns:
Gentleman,
I really don't care to re-install the game once in a while. But to re-install it over and over again because a crash appears after playing just one mission/sailing once in Free Roaming is to much to expect, even for a fairly patient person like I am.
In the attachement You can find two screenshots. The first one with an slightly acceptable error, the second one seconds prior to the crash.
The crash dump file as well a my DXDiag are attached too.
I really hope that one of the developers of the game will have a look at the crash dump file and tells me what's wrong. Either with the game or with my computer.
In the meantime the ShipSimulator v1.3.0 build 1054 with it's Extreme annoying Errors, is on my NTP (Not To Play) List.
Kind Regards
Aad
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

krytsch

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2011, 23:07:39 »

Hi Aad

You're a victim of exactly the same errors as me - I know these pictures too well. When looking at other screenshots of yours, I noticed that your framerate even seems to be a little bit lover than mine - but at least similar.

While reading your dxdiag I noticed two main similarities concerning our computers:
We both have an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor: You have a 5000+, I have a 6000+
We both have a Nvidia midde class grapics card, yours is a bit newer than mine (see my dxdiag some posts earlier).

Maybe these informations can help locating the fault? At least the developers should have a look at it.

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2011, 23:33:25 »

Follwing Mad Fred's suggestion, I have completely uninstalled SSE and ran unregister.exe and then re-installed SSE again.

The improvement was only very marginal, from 15 FPS to 20-21 FPS, although the screen remains 'jerky' and FPS goes down like a lead balloon when vessels are turning (sometimes down to 5 FPS).

I did play a free roam in SSE v1.0 using Coastguard vessel "Protector" in the Dover enviroment and FPS was between 28-30.

When I installed patch 1.3 I then played free roam as above, and the FPS dropped to 19-20. Same boat, same enviroment, same settings etc.

krytsch

• Forum member
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2011, 23:59:55 »

I did it too - uninstalled an d reinstalled for the 5th time - or the 10th?

No improvement at all - 7-8 fps in the first core mission in Hamburg. But at least i could make the bugsier 2 move ...

Please, developers, have a look at mine and Aad's dxdiags attached some posts earlier - we have got similar processors and graphics cards and the same problems. Maybe this fact can help solving the problems.

OzzyNF

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2011, 01:28:12 »

The POR thruster controls are gone screwy now...not sure y...only happened ater 1.3 patch.

Kobus Post

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2011, 09:31:31 »

To Whom It Cocerns:
Gentleman,
I really don't care to re-install the game once in a while. But to re-install it over and over again because a crash appears after playing just one mission/sailing once in Free Roaming is to much to expect, even for a fairly patient person like I am.
In the attachement You can find two screenshots. The first one with an slightly acceptable error, the second one seconds prior to the crash.
The crash dump file as well a my DXDiag are attached too.
I really hope that one of the developers of the game will have a look at the crash dump file and tells me what's wrong. Either with the game or with my computer.
In the meantime the ShipSimulator v1.3.0 build 1054 with it's Extreme annoying Errors, is on my NTP (Not To Play) List.
Kind Regards
Aad

Maybe you can use a lower resolution? Like 1024*768?
MacBook Pro Retina 15"

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2011, 10:44:47 »

I don't seem to understand this, this patch meant to fix alot of things yet again it caused more trouble to most members on the forum. When you guys decided to purchase SSE were you fully aware of the system requirements? By the sound of things 85% of members are in trouble and 15% no worries, great patch well be waiting for the next one.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

krytsch

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2011, 11:13:51 »

By the sound of things 85% of members are in trouble and 15% no worries,

I believe that a much lower percentage is in trouble (but it still is too much - especially because I belong to this part) while the majority runs SSE without problems.

The fact that most people, who are satisfied, will not post their satisfaction here, but unsatisfied people will post or have a look here in order to get help probably suggests that most players have lots of trouble.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2011, 11:21:13 »

Yes, the % is much much lower. For the troubled ones that is.

If you count the number of people that post here about problems, and look at how many games are sold and how many new extremes users have registered on the forum, yet not posted about problems.. it's more like 3-5% problems, if that.

And of those, some are indeed to do with pc's that aren't up to the task perhaps, or software that produces a conflict somewhere, etc.

That doesn't mean though that Vstep isn't working very hard to solve them.

Robert67

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2011, 11:34:07 »

Have something found out.

run unregister.exe

uninstall all of the game incl. profiles and settings

Install Game.

Start game, insert key, create an profile.

Install patch 1.3

Restart PC

Do not playback your backup profile!

Only move profile.xml and rankings.xml

Try gaming  ;)
Thinkpad W700 Quadcore Extreme 2,53 NVidia FX3700 1GB, 8GB RAM SSD 128 GB W7 64bit
Eigenbau Asus Core2 Quad 2,66@3 GHz, ATI HD6870, 8GB RAM, 1268 SSD, Win7 64bit

MrLightman

• Forum member
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2011, 11:37:30 »

Well, haven't posted yet I have now to. I don't know the percentage but I think I'm not the only one who HAS the same problems as the most guys complaining here. I only think there's no use to recomplain the things that have been said over and over again.
But to keep statistics better: I'm one more user who has bad performance, fps at around 5 with no AA, no matter of high resolution graphics or poor one. No crashes so far, but re-installation didn't bring any solution, and my graphic card is as well working with maximum 45 %, CPUs as well. Before I had around 25 fps, SS2008 is still running with 25 fps.

Regards from Germany

Atlantis05

• Forum member
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2011, 12:13:33 »

I must admitt this goes for me too...  just for the percentage  ;)

I´ll keep calm and wait for the next patch.. perhaps - pleeease - with a working hovercraft this time  :angel:

Best wishes,.. and keep up your hopes... they will get it up and running! :thumbs:

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2011, 12:16:32 »

Yes, the % is much much lower. For the troubled ones that is.

If you count the number of people that post here about problems, and look at how many games are sold and how many new extremes users have registered on the forum, yet not posted about problems.. it's more like 3-5% problems, if that.

And of those, some are indeed to do with pc's that aren't up to the task perhaps, or software that produces a conflict somewhere, etc.

That doesn't mean though that Vstep isn't working very hard to solve them.
About 55% satisfied, about 45% Not satisfied. Have a look at the poll, if you please.
But now about the "pc's that aren't up to the task perhaps, or software that produces a conflict somewhere"
That must then only be true with patch 1.3.0 , because with the ld patch, v1.2.2 I had just 1 (ONE) crash sice I installed it.
We were told that the developers were working on the solution about the bad performance. But all is going worse instead of better.
Fred, You know that I respect you and Your work You're doing here on the Forum. So the next lines are not addressed to You personally. WhenI get a crash, and in the message I'm asked to send in the crash dump file "so that developers can do something with it" , what exactly are they doing with those dump files? Print them out and take the paper with them to the smallest room in their home?
Whenever I feel to it I'll try one more fresh installation as suggested, complete with unregister etc etc. and then start all over again.
But when this brings no solution, I serious think about to ask VSTEP for a refund and keep to SS 08.
Most Kind Regards
Aad
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines