Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 00:19:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Are you now 100% satisfied with the 1.3 patch?

Yes, I am 100% satisfied
Yes, I am satisfied but not 100%
I am not satisfied (why?)
I am completely not satisfied (why?)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you now 100% satisfied with the 1.3 patch?  (Read 32792 times)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: Are you now 100% satisfied with the 1.3 patch?
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2011, 13:17:20 »

Hi Aad,

Well polls never paint a clear picture, that's a fact. For the same reason that there's always more attention to the negative side of things than the positive. Polls are a nice feature on a forum, but not a reliable source to make such claims with I am afraid. Cause it's not including all the players/customers that are out there.

Also, a lot of people are putting 'not satisfied' down because a patch didn't have X,Y,Z in it, which wasn't even in the release notes. So expectations above the reasonable also taint the outcome.  :P

If you look at registered new users, versus complaining customers, that's a much more reliable source. Cause why would someone register here and NOT complain, if there was reason to. So I stand by my assesment. But that does not mean, again, that those with the problems, shouldn't be helped.. on the contrary, it's been made priority.

And well, I don't know what they do with those files, they take the info and try to figure out how to solve the problem. It'll serve a function, and not just to get through a sitting in the smallest room..   :P

At this moment, they are looking into your particular problem. I've relayed some of the information to them myelf this morning, aswell. Martijn, among others, is looking into it. They are aware, they are trying to get you the answers you need!!!

If you do find the will to make your fresh install, please try it first without keeping your old data intact. (but do backup the folder manually, cause I really do think you CAN reinsert a few things, like profile and savegames, later) But best to try a total unregistration/uninstall and a fresh start with no old date whatsoever.

Some other members have had success with this. And if they selectively pick out just those files and put them back in, they lose no progress.

Again, this is a priority case now. None of the testers have really suffered from this problem, but we do almost always start with a totally fresh install ourselves too, after a change. But it shouldn't be so that 'normal players' have to do that too, and so they're working hard on a possible fix for this!!

Thanks for your kind words, and I wish I had more for you Aad, and rest assured that no one at Vstep is happy with this situation either of course.. they really want you and all the others, to enjoy the game without these problems.

Kind Regards,
Fred

krytsch

• Forum member
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2011, 14:41:18 »

At this moment, they are looking into your particular problem. I've relayed some of the information to them myelf this morning, aswell. Martijn, among others, is looking into it. They are aware, they are trying to get you the answers you need!!!

Well, I hope they will find the solution, because I'm sure that when they have found the reason for Aad's trouble, they've found the reason for mine as well. As our problems are nearly the same, I'm pretty sure that they're caused by the same thing ...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 15:06:33 by krytsch »

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2011, 18:52:40 »

I just finished the complete re-install and I must admit that a clean install solved the crah-problem. Even the extreme (what's in a name) dropping of the Framerate seems to be solved. Although not completly.
For instance: Driving the Cutter at daytime in the Antarctic gives me a Framerate of 15FPS with no controls and no map visible (1) in v1.0 With controls and map visible (2) the Framerate goes down to 14 FPS and with a (rotating) radar (3) it drops to 12 FPS. All in v1.0
In v1.3 the Framerates are a bit lower (1) = 11 FPS, (2) = 10 FPS and (3) with a static radar = 9 FPS
At the same time, with v1.3, I noticed something strange. When running the Cutter with full throttle I hit the TAB key to switch to a screen without those controls and map/radar and suddenly the engines went to idle mode with the throttle levers at 100% !? Trying to 'restart' the engines by means of the Arrow Up key didn't resolve the problem. Only with mouse control I got the power back on.
Not sure If somebody else had the same experience, but couldn't find this particulair problem mentioned.
I als don't know if this is only with the Cutter, 'cause beside that vessel I only tried the Sigita. She has no stopping engines when I hit TAB
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

Kobus Post

• Forum member
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2011, 19:20:54 »

That`s right. It`s a bug, I reported it in the bugthread. I`m not sure of it`s only the cutter, but I read somewhere that the Sherpa has the same problem.
MacBook Pro Retina 15"

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2011, 21:02:23 »

I don't seem to understand this, this patch meant to fix alot of things yet again it caused more trouble to most members on the forum. When you guys decided to purchase SSE were you fully aware of the system requirements? By the sound of things 85% of members are in trouble and 15% no worries, great patch well be waiting for the next one.

Trust me, my PC meets more than the system requirements. I've had no problem with SSE, and was able to play it without any problems at all.

It was not until I installed patch v1.3 that I had my first ever app crash and a noticable drop in performance, loading times and FPS.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

larsdehaan

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2011, 21:05:58 »

belive me or not 100% statisfied (mostley becuase of the editor wich is lamer then the one from ss08 (ss08's was better) lol) :2thumbs:

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2011, 21:51:21 »

Well, my enthusiasme concerning the reasonable FPS is down the drain, or should I say down the Hudson River?
In the mission Dangerous Fire I got no higher then 5 FPS, and that only with all controls and the map switched off. With them both switched on I was lucky with 3 - 4 FPS. Goodbye Smooth Sim, welcome Slide Show  :evil:

This experimantal tweak boosted my FPS with 20 %, YES Twenty Percent. Off course, an improvement with 20 % at a framerate of 5 FPS means only 1 FPS more, but it's a start.
Thanks to Denis
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 22:38:38 by Aad The Pirate »

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2011, 23:39:40 »

Well, my enthusiasme concerning the reasonable FPS is down the drain, or should I say down the Hudson River?
In the mission Dangerous Fire I got no higher then 5 FPS, and that only with all controls and the map switched off. With them both switched on I was lucky with 3 - 4 FPS. Goodbye Smooth Sim, welcome Slide Show  :evil:

This experimantal tweak boosted my FPS with 20 %, YES Twenty Percent. Off course, an improvement with 20 % at a framerate of 5 FPS means only 1 FPS more, but it's a start.
Thanks to Denis

Hi Aad,

In that mission I only managed 11 FPS, the worst I have ever came across.  :(

I tried to change my screen resolution from 1680x1050 (60Hz) to 1360 x 768 (60Hz), it made no difference.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2011, 00:21:19 »

Somewhere somebody suggested to get the colour down from 32 bit to 16 bit. "You'll hardly notice any difference" that guy said. Well, I tried it and guess what? No grey smoke plumes out of the Cutters exhaust pipes but black squarish shapes. So, that was once and never again.
PS
Till now I've seen non enviroment so thirsty for FPS then New York Harboour. Especial with v1.3.0
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 22:51:48 by Aad The Pirate »

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2011, 02:22:55 »

I was curious, you know the radar right how it has the line moving around in a 360 degree motion, after I switch to the radar, it circles once and then It dissapears. Also, yup the radar dose work inside the cabiin but not quite. After you press tab or a button to remove everything off your screen to get a better simulation feeling, the chart and the radar stop updating you where you are

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

mvsmith

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2011, 03:00:44 »

belive me or not 100% statisfied (mostley becuase of the editor wich is lamer then the one from ss08 (ss08's was better) lol) :2thumbs:

Lars, I’m curious why you think the SS08 mission editor is better. It is certainly simpler—almost to the point of being a no-brainer—because it is so limited in its capabilities compared to SSE.

SS08 is strictly linear in that a limited number of pre-built waypoint types must be completed in strict order, along with some hidden triggers that all must be hit. There is no possibility for alternative paths to success, or for optional triggers that need not be hit. For instance: You can’t penalize the player for cutting a buoy by using a damage_engine trigger because the mission can’t be completed unless he hits it.

SSE has vastly greater possibilities for interesting and challenging missions. It does lack some important features needed in constructing very long missions, but they can be added later—they are all readily accommodated by the architecture.

Regards,
Marty

Esprit350

• Forum member
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2011, 10:12:56 »

No - still runs slow and my machine is not a bad spec.
First time I ran the game , 1st mission, and after 45 mins the game crashed!

Looking like the same old problems still at the moment.

I will also be loading the file to get black icons back on the chart for my vessel - whose idea was that to make it nearly invisible?   Doh!
If in front, you see red and green... take a chance and go between!!!

Sunseekeringo

• Forum member
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2011, 12:13:51 »

Hi,

why isn´t it possible to run more than one vessel in free roam at the same time? In the missions this is possible and we can switch between the vessels. Than we could make simple missions without an editor? Just put e.g. the pilot boat, tug boat and the main vessel in one free roam port in several places and I would be satisfied in many cases.

cheers
Ingo

larsdehaan

« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2011, 14:24:44 »

Lars, I’m curious why you think the SS08 mission editor is better. It is certainly simpler—almost to the point of being a no-brainer—because it is so limited in its capabilities compared to SSE.

SS08 is strictly linear in that a limited number of pre-built waypoint types must be completed in strict order, along with some hidden triggers that all must be hit. There is no possibility for alternative paths to success, or for optional triggers that need not be hit. For instance: You can’t penalize the player for cutting a buoy by using a damage_engine trigger because the mission can’t be completed unless he hits it.

SSE has vastly greater possibilities for interesting and challenging missions. It does lack some important features needed in constructing very long missions, but they can be added later—they are all readily accommodated by the architecture.

Regards,
Marty

i have no brain.... and becuase im used to the one of ss06 and 08

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2011, 16:44:13 »

im not satifide as it crashes my computer
i will change mine mind if there is a patch it fix it as ive spent over £60 on the game
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2011, 19:33:20 »

But is that substantiated or is your pc not up to it perhaps?  :-\

Kristian01

• Forum member
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2011, 19:56:28 »

Seems to me that this game have higher requirements then CoD Black Ops , but the graphic is not good at all.
I run black ops all high at 50FPS , extremes gives me 15FPS....something is wrong!
Game is batter then SS2008 with all new features but it had very lame performances so I will stick to SS2008 until Vstep fixes framerate cause you can't play normaly with 10-15 framerate.
Intel Core i7 2600K, @ OC 4.2GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2
MSI GTX 580 TwinfrozerII
MSI P67A-C45
Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB
Corsiar GS800 (800W)
Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 7

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2011, 20:09:00 »

I also tried the "un-register" thing, uninstalled the game, re-installed it and 1.3 update.
Alas, no joy.  I still have 5-7 fps. Also the game crashes at the end of loading.
I have found that it doesn't crash when you start the game from the VStep folder on C:, so I have made a fastlink to that.  It's too early to say if it will prevent crashing later on, but for the moment, it works  (knock on wood)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 20:57:38 by saltydog »

kenfast

• Forum member
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2011, 22:02:05 »

1.22 all my controls worked now there's a bug in the throttles and the thruster. Thrusters on many ship won't zero out. Cartengenas Delight wont't throttle properly. That the problems i've seen so far.

tdaloze

• Forum member
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2011, 00:25:59 »

Hi,

I was satisfied with SS06, very satisfied with SS08 and now totally unsatisfied and disappointed with SSE and especially with the 1.3 "update" !

I certainly was one of the first customer who has downloaded the first version of it with directly the first big and now well known problem of the "black screen", because of the running antivirus (Norton) service. This was the very first time I had to desactivate the antivirus prior to the installation of a new game !

Since the beginning there is a lot of bugs and unexplained crashes which had never occured with the previous versions.

Although my machine easily should be able to handle the game like all the other simulators I have (MS Flight Simulator 2004 and X, X-Plane, Trainz 2010, the excellent Sail Simulator 5, Virtual Skipper 5, All versions of Need For Speed etc...), with an average frame rate of 25-35 fps, the frame rate for SSE remains dramatically low (7-10 fps) wich does'nt permit to play with it !

As my pc doesn't have any of the above mentioned problems with other software - including flight, train, driving simulations and other sailing simulators- and runs the other software than SSE fast and smooth, I don't believe too that the faults are to be found in the PC, but rather in the software. SSE ran very slowly before updating and even worst now.

As this has been already mentioned, with version 1.22 all my controls worked and now there's a bug with the throttles and the thruster. Thrusters on many ship won't zero out. Cartengenas Delight wont't throttle properly.

tdaloze

• Forum member
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2011, 00:44:22 »

Considering the poor graphical performances with SSE I must say that it was absolutely not the case with SS08 and of course the "old" SS06 ! I also have very good graphical performances (frame rate of about 30 fps) with the Sail Simulator 5 from Stentec wich has, following me, a better (maybe the best) water resolution than SSE and with Virtual Skipper too !

So what is the problem with this version? Was it so difficult to adapt the previous SS08 version with the new interesting features and new ships of SSE ? The upgrade from SS06 to SS08 didn't cause so many problems.

For me the biggest interesting aspect of this kind of software is their ability to simulate the real world and it seems absolutely impossible to realize that with a frame rate of about 5-10 fps !

Kind regards.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2011, 00:44:57 »

Ahoy tdaloze,
Are You sure that Your machine is fully equipped for SSExtremes? Minimal Requirements are a 3 GHz Processor, You'rs is just above 2.1
Your Video Card seems to be OK 'cause you run Win 7, With any other OS you would be under specs too 'cause Your Video Card shares 1 GByte Mem.
Not to sure about all this, but if Vin_Sun sees your post he can tell you more.
BTW, comparing SSExtremes with all the other programs makes no sense, 'cause all ShipSim versions are using a completly different gamemachine (QuestViewer) then those other games You mentioned.
Kind Regards
Aad the Pirate
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 00:46:47 by Aad The Pirate »

tdaloze

• Forum member
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2011, 01:08:22 »

Hi Aad and thank you for the answer.

Ok for your remark about the comparison with the other simulators I play with but why so a big difference between SS08 and SSE in terms of graphical performances. Is the version of "Questviewer" different than the previous one ? Nevertheless I have always considered Flight simulator X as THE reference for testing graphical performances. As I get a frame rate of 35-40 fps with it I don't intend to update my PC now only for SSE ! What about Sail Simulator 5 from Stentec ? Did you ever see their incredible water resolution without any loss of performances ?

If it is possible for them why not for V-Step ? Maybe they should collaborate toghether ...

Kind regards.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2011, 01:35:07 »

Perhaps this program is usefull: http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:35:52 by saltydog »

mvsmith

« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2011, 01:36:48 »

The difference in performance has little to do with the speed of rendering graphics. SSE has to do a massive amount of computation in the CPU before the graphics system can begin to render each frame.
This inter-frame processing load is much greater than in FSX or any other game that I have seen.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines