Hello Guest May 01, 2024, 18:17:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: So, you want the perfect storm...?  (Read 78446 times)

heliam21

• Forum member
Re: So, you want the perfect storm...?
« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2008, 22:52:19 »

Because the version of ship simulator from my CD is 1.1 and the big waves are possible only for v1.0.

TerryRussell

« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2008, 22:57:42 »

You can't just slap in a V1.0 .cgr file and expect V1.1 or V1.3 to work with it, I'm afraid.

And once you've screwed it all up, you'll be on your own and not entitled to even ask for help on this Forum, according to Wout's statement above.

Sorry I can't help you any further with this one.

huang yu po peter

• Forum member
« Reply #177 on: April 27, 2008, 02:38:20 »

So, can u please upload your edited XML file so that we can download it? ;D

TerryRussell

« Reply #178 on: April 27, 2008, 09:51:03 »

So, can u please upload your edited XML file so that we can download it? ;D

Do you not understand? If you download and install that edited file:

(a) It won't work if you have a recent version of Ship SImulator

(b) You immediately loose all rights to technical support, per Wout's statement at the start of this thread. 

I'm glad to see that you have stopped insulting the fine and decent seafarers of the Solent, but unhappy to see that you didn't bother to say sorry to them after it was shown that you were just inventing nasty insinuations about them.

It still isn't too late to undo some of the upset that you caused.

???

ACR

• Forum member
« Reply #179 on: April 27, 2008, 13:12:56 »

Do you not understand? If you download and install that edited file:

(a) It won't work if you have a recent version of Ship SImulator

(b) You immediately loose all rights to technical support, per Wout's statement at the start of this thread. 

I'm glad to see that you have stopped insulting the fine and decent seafarers of the Solent, but unhappy to see that you didn't bother to say sorry to them after it was shown that you were just inventing nasty insinuations about them.

It still isn't too late to undo some of the upset that you caused.

???

on the other hand terry everything can be beaten to death. i understand that support can only be given on the stock game data files, but i fail to see where there is a problem when a user changes for his private use something, then sees that it does not work , so reinstalls the entire package and automatically has again the stock data.
why does he permanetly "loose" any support?

it sometimes looks like a mix of panical fear that somebody looks "inside" the game and "life can be too easy, lets make it more complicated" ...

;)

TerryRussell

« Reply #180 on: April 27, 2008, 14:56:07 »

Don't tell me, speak to Wout. I'm just repeating the warnings that many people don't seem able to read for themselves.

In any case, as has been said over and over again, this doesn't work with anything except the very early versions of Chip Simulator (that's the version that goes with salt & vinegar)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 20:17:51 by TerryRussell »

ACR

• Forum member
« Reply #181 on: April 27, 2008, 20:13:45 »

it is not your issue, i know. maybe wout or somebody else who takes such decisions may think a second about it. locking support even after reinstalling all and so having all back to stock is somekind of overkill...

pupuveve

• Forum member
« Reply #182 on: May 02, 2008, 14:18:02 »

Why it doesn't work on patch v1.3

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #183 on: May 02, 2008, 19:13:49 »

Hiya all :)

For those members who haven't already seen it (or haven't checked the entire topic):

You weren't supposed to do that, but as usual, people find little loop-holes :).

We closed this particular loop-hole in 1.1.

This is also worth taking note of:

Warning to users who try this: tempering with the game is not permitted and therefor at your own risk. Any support rights you had will be lost when tempering with the game.

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

TampaPowers

• Forum member
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2008, 14:53:20 »

Support..hm I think people who know to make these waves can fix any tipe of problems or some.

And... I have paid for that removed. I do what I want with it, if its damaged, I'll buy a new one.

But for the people who haven't got the money .... hm.

Edited for language, DJM.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 14:56:02 by [RWP]DJM »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #185 on: May 18, 2008, 14:59:20 »

Just to clarify things here.  When you pay for software, you pay for a licence only, the software remains the property of the owner, in this case, Vstep :)

Regards.

DJM/Carl.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #186 on: May 18, 2008, 15:06:56 »

With respect, DJM,- and whilst I do agree with you, having argued the same point myself, I do wonder why when this is such a heavily requested feature that it still doesn't seem to have even made it onto the list of things to be considered.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #187 on: May 18, 2008, 15:09:33 »

The last I heard Stu, was that the waves weren't designed to go to the heights that some members want them to.  I'm not sure if there any plans to allow wave-height changes in the future :-\

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2008, 15:14:01 »

I'm not judging vstep on this. I merely say that ANY business that never listens to what it's customers want doesn't end up very far.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2008, 15:16:07 »

Well, to defend Vstep on that.  They DO listen, look at the additions/changes to the game since it was first released, most of which were requested by forum members ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #190 on: May 18, 2008, 15:19:02 »

Bug fixes? Perhaps they really should have been sorted earlier than they were

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2008, 15:20:53 »

Bug fixes? Perhaps they really should have been sorted earlier than they were

Who mentioned bug fixes?  I said additions/changes ;)

Bug fixes are a fact of life with any game now, I have one game in my collection that doesn't require a patch to fix it, and I have a lot of games ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2008, 15:27:41 »

Who mentioned bug fixes?  I said additions/changes ;)
I don't want to claim to be infallible. Is there something I've missed out on that might re-engage my enthusiasm?

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2008, 15:32:29 »

You mean with additions/changes?  Surely you haven't been on the moon for the past 10 months? :P

Update 1.1: Hovercraft, Jetski, damage feature
Update 1.2: FREE upgrade for purchasers of the original Ship Sim 2006 Add-On
Update 1.3: Multiplayer
New Horizons: Eight new vessels, and a new environment
Update 1.4: Coming soon with more changes ;)

Not to mention all the other changes with dynamics, and other minor (and major) changes that make a difference to the way Ship Simulator works ;)

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2008, 15:35:01 »

You mean with additions/changes?  Surely you haven't been on the moon for the past 10 months? :P

Not to mention all the other changes with dynamics, and other minor (and major) changes that make a difference to the way Ship Simulator works ;)
Will the 1.4 patch be different to the 1.4 patch included in the new horizons??
Regards,
James

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2008, 15:39:07 »

Will the 1.4 patch be different to the 1.4 patch included in the new horizons??

All I can say about that is, we are still testing things at the moment, so stay tuned ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2008, 15:43:19 »

Damage feature was advertised at the start of 08 marketing, so it was... just a bug fix  :o

We aren't talking about 2006, are we?

Yes, OK. Not tried it myself but I'll admit that is one good development

Padstow?  :o Who on earth thought that up? Have you been to Padstow? Lovely place, but not really something that is a burning priority now, is it? 8)

Well, you can't have this as an arguement until soon=now.  ;)

You mean bug fixes?  :D

It just bothers me that shipsim had such a clear lead over the other programme and that lead is being squandered.

Remember all the talk about adding your own ships in... Told us a little bit late that it wouldn't be possible. There are a 'few' people that want a naval version- the other sim listened and learned...

Don't get me wrong, I still think SS is the better programme in terms of polished professionalism, but vstep needs to be reminded that when 2 people are being chased by a crocodile that the slower one becomes dinner.

Blindly saying 'oh how well done..' to everyone and anyone without a bit of encouragement to improve is a bit like telling a young dog whose just messed the carpet 'well done. thats awesome' and then wondering why your carpet always smells like a (labour) politicians confessional diary.  8)

I should be a barrister.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #197 on: May 18, 2008, 15:48:23 »

I guess you're not convinced, and still trying to put words into my mouth (typing) that I haven't said, bug fixes weren't mentioned, because they were in addition to the updates provided :)

Some features were obviously delayed (temporarily), but this wasn't due to an oversight, there were other reasons involved, and they should not be labelled as 'bug fixes' ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #198 on: May 18, 2008, 15:59:12 »

No, I'm not trying to put words into your mouth to make my arguement; I don't need to.

So you are saying the faulty damage and flying ships were not bugs? The fact that when a speed boat and an oil tanker collide the speed boat is OK and the tanker sinks- that is NOT a bug?

I don't think that jetski and 'padstow' are two words that have been a major driving force in opinion polls here- although the hovercraft is a good addition, I will admit.

Also, what hapened to the 'frequent' vessel aditions, where by there were to be frequent vessels offered in return for a subscription...

I think you think that I'm just looking for an arguement- I'm not. On this rare occasion I'm actually TRYING to help. Even other moderators are agreeing with this point (in PM, of course).

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2008, 15:59:47 »

BTW This is really off topic now- shouldn't you be issuing 'ill lock this topic' threats by now  :P
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines