Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 01:00:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: So, you want the perfect storm...?  (Read 78349 times)

jonaskau

• Forum member
Re: So, you want the perfect storm...?
« Reply #275 on: July 11, 2008, 10:39:40 »

Well ive read some pages in this threads now and im not going to make them bigger , they look bad anyways.

Edited for language, DJM.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 11:23:35 by [RWP]DJM »

Shamateur

• Forum member
« Reply #276 on: July 12, 2008, 14:18:29 »

How this waves can be done in New Horrizon? Looks like vstep has restricted such "editing"...

TerryRussell

« Reply #277 on: July 12, 2008, 14:21:59 »

Hi Shamateur.

PLEASE take the time to read all of the comments above. You can't do it!

Bonanza23d

• Forum member
« Reply #278 on: July 14, 2008, 21:13:30 »

Do you think VSTEP will increase the wave hight in their next patch without other users voiding their warranty.

this will be great for people who want to keep their warranty.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #279 on: July 14, 2008, 21:20:00 »

I would think that it's extremely doubtful.  As already mentioned, the wave heights have a maximum setting for a reason :)

Carl.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Bonanza23d

• Forum member
« Reply #280 on: July 14, 2008, 22:12:38 »

I read this whole topic and there is a loop-hole. You can make weather presets in the game. This is the same as editing the file. it could be the same. Changing the wave height in a preset is like adding a new preset to the game yourself. instead of the game writing the script for you, you are writing the script yourself. you are just adding a new weather preset

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #281 on: July 14, 2008, 22:19:07 »

Trust me, that is not a loop-hole.  Editing a file isn't the same as altering your in-game weather settings......far from it.

If you edit files, you are changing something that is outside the in-game settings.  Those settings are there for users convenience within the boundaries of the EULA, editing files is definitely outside those boundaries.

Carl.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

TerryRussell

« Reply #282 on: July 14, 2008, 22:45:34 »

Brick wall.

Head.

Terry.

Thud thud.

So nice when I stop.  ;)

Bonanza23d

• Forum member
« Reply #283 on: July 14, 2008, 23:23:40 »

does anyone know VSTEP's website is?

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #284 on: July 14, 2008, 23:24:27 »

kalishnakov47

• Forum member
« Reply #285 on: July 19, 2008, 05:04:56 »

how do u get to the weather presets thing

TerryRussell

« Reply #286 on: July 19, 2008, 07:39:56 »

Hi Kalishnakov47.

Welcome to the Forum.

how do u get to the weather presets thing

You don't. Please read all of the above to see why not.

To make things easier for you, here are some links that you may find useful:

The Help Page.  To assist you with forum posting, and the more advanced features on the forum -
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php?action=help

The Forum Rules.  To help you make informed decisions regarding posting - http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,26.0.html

The Search function.  A very useful tool to help you find the answer to that elusive question -
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php?action=search

The Tutorials board.  Check here for guides that cover common questions -
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,35.0.html

The Technical Support board/s.  Got a problem with your game?  This is where you need to check first.

Ship Simulator 2006 Technical Support -
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,9.0.html

Ship Simulator 2008 Technical Support -
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,5.0.html

* Please note:  To access Technical Support, you will need to register your Ship Simulator licence key into your forum profile.  If you're not sure how to do this, please check the General FAQ's.

The FAQ's and Announcements board.  Check here for answers to commonly asked questions.  Also a useful source for the latest information regarding Ship Simulator development - http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,1.0.html

Any other questions you have, the Moderating team are always on-hand to help you.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 07:41:28 by TerryRussell »

marlin7

• Forum member
« Reply #287 on: July 20, 2008, 23:27:51 »

This is BS I cant do it anymore in new horizons. Ive spent over $100 on ship simulator. Please spare all the technicalities. I could care less about "void my EULA" nothing is going to happen to my computer. If it doesnt work then I reinstall. How is that a problem? You guys are taking the fun out of everything. Part of playing a video games is doing things that cant be dont in real life. Without freedom to edit a game, edit ships, waves ect.. I dont see a need to buy it anymore.  I have seen plenty of wave bigger than the max ship simulator allows.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 23:30:47 by marlin7 »

mvsmith

« Reply #288 on: July 21, 2008, 00:12:12 »

Anyone who wants waves that exceed the range of realistic ship dynamics is not a serious simulator customer in the first place. You should find a “video game” that is a better fit to your need for weird ship behavior.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 02:29:27 by mvsmith »

Captain Stelthon

• Forum member
« Reply #289 on: July 21, 2008, 04:01:35 »

i cant find the wetherprehix.xml thing ???

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #290 on: July 22, 2008, 08:53:03 »

Part of playing a video games is doing things that cant be dont in real life. Without freedom to edit a game, edit ships, waves ect.. I dont see a need to buy it anymore. 

I guess you're one of those people that also ruins the fun for other people with other online games by going onto servers and cheat with tampered game files to beat the other players, then? As that's part of playing a game to you....

This is a simulation game though. This is meant to resemble things that ARE done in real life, not things that can't be done in real life. Perhaps this indeed is not your cup of tea, but don't go calling perfectly normal policies BS, because you're out of line there.

The EULA is there for a reason, and you get what you paid for. You knew (or should know) what the license agreement said before you installed it. So where lies the problem? It's all pretty clear to me. These waves were not meant to be this big, these files were not meant to be tampered with. period. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EDIT IT. What part of this do you not understand?

If you want unrealistic stuff, then a sim is not for you. And I mean that with all due respect.

Regards,
Fred

TerryRussell

« Reply #291 on: July 22, 2008, 09:07:17 »

Just to add to Fred's excellent words, I'd like to repeat what I've repeatedly repeated ever since this thread started, so long ago. To save time, I've condensed it into the essentials:

Can't do it (V1.2 onwards).
Don't do it (no point, unreaslistic)
If you do do it, don't expect any help here in the future for any problems you get.

Terry
Wall
Head
Thud thud
Lovely when I stop...

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #292 on: July 23, 2008, 10:13:08 »

Well, after carefull deliberation, we have come to the conclusion that this topic has outlived it's usefullness, since this 'loophole' was closed down.

Those of you that wish to use this 'forbidden edit', can find the information you are after here in this topic. Other than that, everything that needed to be said, has been said.

Therefor, this topic is now locked. Any topic that is started about the same subject will be locked and/or deleted, since there is no more positive input from anyone anymore, but only moaning about this subject.

So for one last time: You are not allowed to reverse engineer the game, these big waves were never an intended feature, and as such are not "taken away from you".  If you want them anyway, that is your own choice and you do so at your own risk, but we will not support you when you run into problems as you lose all rights to technical support when you illegally edit your game.

End of story.

Topic locked!

Regards,
Fred
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines