Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 05:26:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Was This Game Checked Before Release - What A Waste Of Money!  (Read 32191 times)

Maik

• Forum member
Re: Was This Game Checked Before Release - What A Waste Of Money!
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2007, 07:07:51 »

Console games are full of bugs. Ever played driv3r? That was a seriously ruined game because of a whole lot of bugs ;)

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2007, 08:38:47 »

Console games are full of bugs. Ever played driv3r? That was a seriously ruined game because of a whole lot of bugs ;)
flying cargo :( ;D

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2007, 08:49:12 »

haha, it looks like vstep aslo developed an flight simulator  :D

Captain Davies

• Forum member
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2007, 12:34:36 »

Exactly, just because console developers can't patch up bugs in the game after release does not mean they release games without bugs.  In fact it's worse, they release games, knowing there are bugs and knowing that nothing can be done about them unless you happen to be one of the people that buys later versions of the game.

ghj262

• Forum member
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2007, 12:49:31 »

little help please :). i installed SS08 today and it does work but the sea is plain black and the land is just white. probably need to get a new graphics card. i have an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX card at the moment and it runs MSFS 2004 great but not SS08. so could someone recommend a decent graphics card to fix the problem please?
thanks

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2007, 12:53:51 »

Hi,

The minimum graphics card is the geforce5900. I got the pc updated to the 7600 and it works great.

Have you registered your ss08 liscence key in your profile? Then you will have access tech support.

Hope this helps!

bazzaldonbond

• Forum member
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2007, 21:55:54 »

Don't release a product if its not ready for the market you will only damage your public view and it will hurt your pocket. I wonder how long it will be till you get your first slamming by the media.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2007, 22:04:45 »

Maybe,
But most people seem generally happy and have faith that it will be remedied. It's the companies that release software and DON'T remedy bugs that cause the problems.

It is true that there are some irritating glitches, but on the whole does it not appear to be nearly there? It is always problematic releasing new software and this is pushing the boundary quite hard.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Orinoco

• Forum member
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2007, 22:08:52 »

Maybe,
But most people seem generally happy and have faith that it will be remedied. It's the companies that release software and DON'T remedy bugs that cause the problems.

It is true that there are some irritating glitches, but on the whole does it not appear to be nearly there? It is always problematic releasing new software and this is pushing the boundary quite hard.

Stu

I'm certainly happy with it, the patches and new features will make it even better.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2007, 22:12:52 »

I'm certainly happy with it, the patches and new features will make it even better.

I second that ;D
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2007, 22:17:04 »

I would third it... But I can't count that far.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Marcel

• Forum member
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2007, 22:30:52 »

1. Almost all Games on new consoles get patchs!

2. Was it not the same way with ShipSim 2006? First almost nothing with a lot of bugs and after a few month less bugs and more content?

Captain Davies

• Forum member
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2007, 22:32:02 »

1. Almost all Games on new consoles get patchs!

How's that work?  ???

Orinoco

• Forum member
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2007, 22:32:34 »

How's that work?  ???

New consoles have wi-fi. My Wii and PS3 are always updating themselves.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2007, 22:34:32 »

Plus, they have hard drives and the ability to connect to a broadband router ;)
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Captain Davies

• Forum member
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2007, 22:35:28 »

Well that's good to know but the discussion involved previous generation consoles.

KPD

• Forum member
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2007, 22:42:02 »

You have Wii AND PS3? Lucky [bleeep]! :P ;D

Orinoco

• Forum member
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2007, 22:46:20 »

You have Wii AND PS3? Lucky [bleeep]! :P ;D

Lol, the Wii was a shared birthday AND Christmas present (no B/Day present for me this year  :() The PS3 I had to buy myself, after my bank tried to assassinate me.  :D

Maik

• Forum member
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2007, 05:39:52 »

Maybe,

Stu

I was happy to here that almost inmediatly a patch was announced for the problems. PLUS extra content. Don't know if anyone here plays Test drive unlimited. Well I DID.The game had so many bugs etc. etc. After a few motnhs they decided to annonce a patch. It should come out by the end of may I believe. It was released this monday and when I installed the patch I got 2 cars for free, also I got 10000000000 of bugs for free.

SO everybody here be pleased to here that they are inmediatly started working on the bugs. If you don't want to play this buggy game, nobody has a gun to youre head. Put the game on hold for a month or 2, download the patch and start playing then ;)

Biggles1975

• Forum member
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2007, 15:51:13 »

The thing to remember here is that any bugs we report they at least show some effort in trying to fix them there are alot of companys out there that don't and look at FSX that was so demanding that most computers could not run it so they had to do a major patch for that and flight sim has been about for 20years ship sim is still a baby compeared to that so things can only get better  8)

jf3000

• Forum member
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2007, 03:13:09 »

You know why such implements weren't added to the game and were listed as upcoming features dont you? Being a programmer I can tell you now that most programmers already have a main application that already does everything in the up coming features, or have it already planned out and ready to add to the game.

Funny thing here is everyone whinges about bugs here and there, and yet the developers know you will stick around and buy there software, because you keep raving about it.

Then when a patch comes out, it will fix most of the issues, but other issues will be caused by the patch which always causes other issues, its life, it happens.

If the original poster complains so much about it being a waste of time, why are you still posting and complaining, obviously there is something about the game that wasn't a waste of money otherwise you wouldn't still be here.

A patch will come soon enough, then there will be more whinges.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2007, 03:54:35 »

Same with my xbox360, half the time when I get new games it pops up and says "Updates Avaliable"

And just wait untill a patch comes out. It will be better then. You can never have a bug-free game, computers just don't work that way yet.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2007, 19:03:58 »

another terrible bug: http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,1192.0.html
that BETA testers did their best........ ::)

MHP

• Forum member
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2007, 19:08:39 »

...If the original poster complains so much about it being a waste of time, why are you still posting and complaining, obviously there is something about the game that wasn't a waste of money otherwise you wouldn't still be here...

I'm still here, despite having uninstalled the game because I am interested in how others are getting on.

Hope that's okay.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2007, 11:04:06 »

This game wasn't a waste of money. I got SS06 back in January and bought SS08 3 days ago. This is only there second ship simulator so I expected bugs, but with the people on the forums reporting and talking about them, on august 17th when the first patch comes out, most of the bugs you found will be gone.

I can live untill August. And it is fun playing with bugs and trying to find them all.

Oh and for this

Well, I'm a police officer, so I could arrest them  Grin

I am sure they are out of your jurisdiction.

And if your to "Dumb" to know what jurisdiction means...

The right and power to apply the law; the territorial range of legal authority or control.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 11:09:49 by Agent|Austin »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines