Hello Guest July 27, 2024, 13:58:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Was This Game Checked Before Release - What A Waste Of Money!  (Read 32094 times)

Harry G

• Forum member
Re: Was This Game Checked Before Release - What A Waste Of Money!
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2007, 22:53:05 »

It is a bit puzzling why it was released almost prematurely, but I'm relatively happy now with the Patch and Mission Editor installed.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2007, 23:01:42 »

Hi Harry

The problem is that- whether we like it or not- publishing deadlines are just not flexible. It is a matter of fact, not an excuse.

So why did Vstep not programme faster?As an intelligent chap, I won't insult your inteligence on that one ;) but yes, some others have actually asked it.

If you consider all that has to be done by the supplier- burn the cd, print the packaging, instructions, even put the cd in the box, then send to various countries and one big point- retailers normally allocate shelf space for new releases and if you miss the deadline...

Failing to publish on time can cause software to fail commercially, or just not get released. I'm sure Vstep wasn't thrilled that they didn't complete it in time and they have had a bit of stick... but they kept to their word and I think the patch is a credit to them.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

mvsmith

« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2008, 01:00:28 »

What kind of idiot would bring back a topic over a year old and say nothing intelligent? If you keep that up, you will be on everyone’s “Ignore list”—if you don’t get banned first.

TerryRussell

« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2008, 03:02:51 »

Hi Marty.

Quite right. I've deleted both the post before yours (because it was totally pointless) and the response of the poster to your message, since it was also pointless.

Sorry if that makes your message seem odd.

For anyone reading this subsequently, Marty's post was the only one that made sense.

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2008, 04:10:38 »

ok then. i was gonna say....this a dang old topic. ::)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines