Hello Guest September 29, 2024, 00:15:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: How many people would buy the ShipDriver controller for EUR 199? (Discussion)  (Read 11017 times)

maritiem

• Forum member

i would like to buy this one. looks much better than shipdriver. but unfortunatly it costs way too much money.

http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod_scu
it's called ship control unit and it looks more professional than what shipdriver has too offer.

maritiem

People can almost do anything, The only thing they can't is forgive each other.

Capt.Bluebeard

Depend of the price seems expensive out for a toy, mouse and keyboard are enough
TJK
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:47:48 by Capt.Bluebeard »

Jayshum

• Forum member

Firstly, it's far too small. Secondly, it looks like a children's toy. Thirdly, it's far too expensive.

Ballast

• Global Moderator

At least it should have a usb connection instead of a serial connection
It's the crew that makes the difference

TerryRussell

Looking at that page, it only talks about Ship SIm 2006 being suitable.

And it says that the release date is "Winter 2006". No indication that it ever got released. The linked site at www.simw.com says it will be released November 2008, and if you click on the "Technical Info" link, it says "required: USB port" and nothing else. Total shambles, in my opinion.

An organisation that leaves it's sales adverts so out of date and poorly constructed would worry me too much to buy expensive products from it. Thumbs down, I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 14:32:33 by TerryRussell »

Ballast

• Global Moderator

Lol, the page that Maritiem provided says "TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: 1 free serial port"  ;D

It's the crew that makes the difference

TerryRussell

I'm not even sure that my PC has a serial port any more.

maritiem

• Forum member

Lol, the page that Maritiem provided says "TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: 1 free serial port"  ;D

i don't even know what that is!  :D ;)  i'am not so good with computers.

maritiem

People can almost do anything, The only thing they can't is forgive each other.

saltydog

• Forum member

Fortunately there are adapters of all kinds: here's one that goes from 15-pins to USB 
It is meant to be able to connect older controllers to new computers.. :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 18:36:21 by saltydog »

Denis

• Global Moderator

I doubt such a hardware could be released today with a serial connection !

1. most PC don't have a serial port any more,
2. Serial devices aren't plug'n play.

The link maritiem sent is totally out of date. WilcoPub was working on this hardware two years ago, but they have abandonned it since (the page isn't available through Wilco web site). They don't build/sell any hardware.

eggy1991

• Beta Tester

A short message, shipdriver will come out 10-februari of this year. the price is to be annouced.

Hope to tell you more soon.

Gr,
eggy1991
15-5-2011 21:04 - PSN Back online. Congratulations Sony Computer Entertainment !
   (http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/eggy1991/)

TerryRussell

Look forward to learning about it.

thanks.

Master Captain

• Forum member

yea it does look good http://www.raildriver.com/products/shipdriver.php (http://www.raildriver.com/products/shipdriver.php) hopefully someone from the forum will get it and can give us a great review ;D

Multiplayer Ship Simmers Gaming Clan (http://www.mpssclan.co.uk/forum)  Sig By Agent|Austin

TerryRussell

I've just sent my wife an idea for my birthday....  ;D

Master Captain

• Forum member

I've just sent my wife an idea for my birthday....  ;D
hehe, perfect you can review it for us all ;D

Multiplayer Ship Simmers Gaming Clan (http://www.mpssclan.co.uk/forum)  Sig By Agent|Austin

Wande54

• Forum member

I have decided to build 2 different but very simple controllers:
1 controller for "standard" ships with 2 slide-pot's for engine control, 2 slide pot's for thrusters and a rotary pot (270 degree) for the wheel.
1 controller for azimuth ships with 2 slide-pot's for engine control and 2 rotary pot's (360 degree) for azimuth control.
I may delete the thruster controls, because they are easy to control with the mouse.

I find it almost impossible to control the Bugsier 2 with keyboard and mouse.
Having the azimuth propellers in the front does not make it easier, compared with azimuth stern drives.  :-\

Looking forward to the Shipsim 2010!!

Master Captain

• Forum member

sounds like a cool idea, hope it works out for you ;)

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member

I have decided to build 2 different but very simple controllers:
1 controller for "standard" ships with 2 slide-pot's for engine control, 2 slide pot's for thrusters and a rotary pot (270 degree) for the wheel.
1 controller for azimuth ships with 2 slide-pot's for engine control and 2 rotary pot's (360 degree) for azimuth control.
I may delete the thruster controls, because they are easy to control with the mouse.

I find it almost impossible to control the Bugsier 2 with keyboard and mouse.
Having the azimuth propellers in the front does not make it easier, compared with azimuth stern drives.  :-\

Looking forward to the Shipsim 2010!!

Interesting idea, I like the sound of that
DiamondEagleDB09rms On youtube! Now with New Playlist!
<br />Thanks to TJK for this awesome Sig!

TerryRussell

I saw the ones that Vstep had at their presentation of the PRO version on Tuesday. Metal, multi-screens, real size ships wheel and throttle controls, etc.

I WANT!!!

Shipaddict

• Forum member

I WANT!!!

Maybe if you are a good boy and do the hoovering for the wife ;)

TerryRussell

I think that this would involve being nice to the Mother-in-Law as well. I can't see it would give me much change from 8,000 Dollars/Euro.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 20:49:35 by TerryRussell »

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member

I think that this would involve being nice to the Mother-in-Law as well. I can't see it would give me much change from 8,000 Dollars/Euro.

I see someone has put a glass of what looks like a milkshake on top of the console.  :police:

Tsk tsk, what happens if someone knocks over the glass by accident?  ;) :P

Kev
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

TerryRussell

I hadn't noticed that. I guess it's all fairly "people proofed", though.

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member

I saw the ones that Vstep had at their presentation of the PRO version on Tuesday. Metal, multi-screens, real size ships wheel and throttle controls, etc.

I WANT!!!

Wow, how much |Id like to have one of those aswell! right next to my steering wheel and racing seat for PS3, and just by the 9 screen ultimate TV. Ooh, now thats a dream............ :)
DiamondEagleDB09rms On youtube! Now with New Playlist!
<br />Thanks to TJK for this awesome Sig!

Ncena1

• Forum member

We have now over 25million euro in our lotto jackpot  :D
maybe... nah i dont think so  >:(
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines