Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 01:25:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: banned for a week  (Read 17210 times)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: banned for a week
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2008, 13:07:03 »

Hi John,

No problem!

Are you sure that it was me, by the way, on the MP session?
Because, I haven't been on the Hamburg Server for weeks.. Mostly Solent and Marseille.  And I cannot remember anything like the stuff you describe to be honest. Either it was another Fred, or someone is out there impersonating me.. hehe  :)

Regards,
Fred

captain1

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2008, 14:54:15 »

OH NOW YOU'VE GOT ME WORRIED ABOUT MY MEMORY ::) I WAS SO SURE IT WAS MAD FRED AND ANOTHER BLOKE NAMED IGLO AND A FEW OTHERS WHO WERE BANTERING THROUGHOUT THE SESSION....BUT I WILL MAKE IT A POINT IN THE FUTURE TO WRITE DOWN NAMES SO I WON'T GET IT WRONG AGAIN SORRY FRED  :) I DO HOPE WE MEET ON LINE SOON THOUGH, SO WE CAN HAVE SOME MANOUVERS TOGETHER ALONG WITH MY MATES, SKIP AND KURT. I'M TEACHING THEM THE FUNDAMENTALS OF SHIP HANDLING, GREAT FUN FOR ALL AND THEY ARE BOTH VERY KEEN SINCE BEING INTRODUCED TO SHIP SIM. AM I RIGHT IN THINKING IT IS ONLY THE SMALL DOCK TUG WITH THE RUBBER BUMPERS ON THE BOW THAT ARE THE ONLY TUG TO BE ABLE TO PUSH SHIPS INTO LEVEL DOCKING FRED?
HONI SOIL QUI MAL Y PENSE

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2008, 15:27:04 »

Hey John,  :)

No need to apologize!!!

Well, basically you could push too with some other vessels.. but the harbour tug is the only one that can do it without much trouble with damaging/sinking the vessel you want to assist. And even then, sometimes, no matter how carefull you are, it will still damage the ship you want to push.

The damage model needs a few tweaks for sure.  ;)

Regards,
Fred

jamino

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2008, 15:52:23 »

why dos'nt someone set up a playground server, where the people who have payed there money for this product but want to mess about can, with other like minded people, not me i hasten to add, just i used to use air attack which had the same problem with kids etc, they set the noob server up and it seemed to work, just an idea... let then ram and sink to there hearts content without getting kicked, away from the VR world we try to produce....

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2008, 16:01:08 »

Hi jamino,

Well, the simple answer is, that there is no way for players to host a server yet, untill the server software is released. And when it is, then I would pretty much assume there would be more than jsut one servers set up for that purpose.  :)

But VSTEP is surely not going to set up such a server. They have created a simulation game, not an arcade  bash em' up game.  ;D

But when the server software is released, those people who do not want to play this game as it was intended to play, will have their own places to go and we will be rid of them. Well, apart from the rammers that do it to annoy us serious players. But they will just receive longer and longer bans untill they realise that they can't win.  ;)

Regards,
Fred

Koboi

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2008, 18:38:35 »

why dos'nt someone set up a playground server, where the people who have payed there money for this product but want to mess about can, with other like minded people, not me i hasten to add, just i used to use air attack which had the same problem with kids etc, they set the noob server up and it seemed to work, just an idea... let then ram and sink to there hearts content without getting kicked, away from the VR world we try to produce....

Very good idea of Jamino.
1 noobserver hosted by Vstep with at least the following 'ships':
Hoovercraft
Jetski
Ducky (we know it can be added in multiplayer too)
The powerboat
and some other ships

This will attract the youngsters who are messing up 'games' of other players on the other servers !
You can change the environment once and a while so they keep using it.

Kind regards,
Captain Koboi

[SJ]Stein

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2008, 20:20:41 »

Grinn.. just last saterday i got my Vermaas grounded on the docks of Marseille and hadda ask for help of two Towers.. one stuck to/with me and i parked the Vermaas to the left of the oncoming traffic (little unshallow part from the containerterminal to the exit of the harbour. One of them harbour respons vessils was naggin on my 6 by wanting to grab himself a towline on me.. on my STERN... whilst i was moving the other way.. so denied towline about ehr.. 7 times.. Then he quit but kept stalking me on my port, and quite close... one of the towers asked to connect and towed my bow to port, making my hull crash with the little one, sinking him.. and me.. i thought he knew what was happening.. and maybe move outtof the way.. as i saw my bow turn to port he just typed "Hey!" and didn't move an inch to maybe try and avoid an oncoming catastrophy... i didn't think my bow would turn that easily either! or that the tower was purpendicular to my position.. doh!  So the next second of impact the guy shouts in capslockletter "YOU SANK ME"  ... somehow i admit the mistake... but to be shouted at like that... for a towingjob gone wrong!?   Still got the screenshot... hahaha.. in case a civil suit gets planted... as far as i know i was on HIS starboard... does that count as "right of way" like it does on land.. hahaha... Uptill that moment it was only my second online venture, and the marseille server was really stable.. at least for me.    But just incase the little gnome complains.. ill find out if i'm banned for it once i try to go online again eh? And no.. i'm not a wrecker, lol.. even gave the tip to one of the guys that when responding to a possible sinking they should not steam directly to the ship in question at full speed.. but go to freewalk camera and controll the ship with the mouse, to be sure there is no-one in the way....look around and get situational awareness first..... as our HM got trampled in the chaos...  ;D   It was unfortunate, but heartwarming to see just about EVERY vessil in the facinity steam towards me and my crew and the other sinker. Awsome job guys.

Regards,

Frankestein
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 20:23:10 by [SJ]Stein »

white runner

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2008, 22:03:28 »

suck ups :-|

TerryRussell

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2008, 22:26:48 »

suck ups :-|

What do you mean by that? I don't understand you.

Please enlghten.

Thanks!

captain1

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2008, 10:51:27 »

Terry, please don't try to understand americanisms mate. Suck up in the normal world means to enjoy a drink through a straw, but we are stuck with those people who use the English language as a means to look `cool` ::) They don't seem to have the ability to put into words what they really mean :)
I just read that peice from SJ Stein and i must fully agree with what he is saying because i too experienced the same level of stupidity not only in the Marseilles session and last night in the Hamburg session too, but kids will be kids and untill we get a system like is used in `gamespy` where individuals can make their own sessions and police them then the kids will do their `thing` sorry to say.
I have experienced lately that there seems to be some self appointed HM's running amok lately too. The Marsielles `HM` behaving like a spoilt brat by closing down parts of the port and when the ships didn't let him have his power craze he kicked them. Then in the Hamburg session another `HM? shipwreck` was in the same frame of mind threatening to report a capt for useing caps lock, even though it was explained over and over again that the reason for caps lock at that time was because of eye sight problems, and if his Hm duties where carried out in real life he would have received a dishonerable discharge  >:(. can anyone explain to me how it is possible for these guys to be able to take on this role of power and disrupt the flow of common decency amongst the other more responsible ship commanders?

mvsmith

« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2008, 14:37:16 »

John,
Unfortunately, the kiddies see MP as one big sandbox.
Terry,
To “suck up” is to produce a pleasing vacuum at someone’s stern hawse pipe.
Regards,
Marty

[SJ]Stein

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2008, 18:42:54 »

Doesn't sound like a pleasure at all to me that pipe  :D

Suck up... i guess in the context it's about the same as my American buds call me "nuckin Futs"
And i fully agree on the "big Sandbox" theory.. but then again.. when hosting your own server, when available, how would you get some new captains in?  Probation or something? that means a forum has to be attached to your server, so that other members on your server will know what is happening and who's a good 'un... or just open the server a couple of hours every once in a while for recruiting purposes. Ah well.. we'll see.. as long as i dont get a nice bofors on my stern with a future update , it's not that bad yet.

Regards,

Frankestein

« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 18:47:53 by [SJ]Stein »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2008, 18:44:51 »

I have experienced lately that there seems to be some self appointed HM's running amok lately too. The Marsielles `HM` behaving like a spoilt brat by closing down parts of the port and when the ships didn't let him have his power craze he kicked them. Then in the Hamburg session another `HM? shipwreck` was in the same frame of mind threatening to report a capt for useing caps lock, even though it was explained over and over again that the reason for caps lock at that time was because of eye sight problems, and if his Hm duties where carried out in real life he would have received a dishonerable discharge  >:(. can anyone explain to me how it is possible for these guys to be able to take on this role of power and disrupt the flow of common decency amongst the other more responsible ship commanders?

Hello John,

If self appointed HM's are not behaving with the best interest of the other players at heart, yet seem to just want to enjoy a power trip, then you may report them just as you would report other disruptive players.

No one gave them any authority on these servers, I repeat, no single player that acts as a HM has any real authority on these servers.  (Did you get that, dear HM's??)

If they abuse their (non-existant) power, report them! If they abuse the kick function, report them! If they force players to do what they say and ruin the fun by doing so, report them!  This is not how this HM game is meant to be played. Simple as that!

Don't let a power tripping kid ruin the fun for experienced players that actually know what to do. Just report them to us. The chat logs will show any misbehaving, and if they cross the line to many times, or jsut far enough once, they can play HM in single player mode for a week, to start with.  ;D

Regards,
Fred

captain1

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2008, 20:01:37 »

SO AM I TO SUPPOSE FRED, THAT TO REPORT THIS UNSAVERY BEHAVIOUR I JUST HAVE TO SAY IT ON THIS FORUM, OR IS THERE SOME OTHER WAY? WHAT DID UPSET ME MORE THAN SHIPWRECK'S SELF APPOINTED DISASTER WAS THE WAY HE EVEN HAD THE AUDASITY TO MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE WITH EYESIGHT PROBLEMS.  " I'M BLIND" HE SAID AS HE WAS ANSWERING HIS MATE `FREDDY`... B Y THE WAY FRED, IT WAS FREDDY I WAS THINKING WAS YOU A FEW DAYS AGO :).... ALSO I AND MANY OTHERS I'VE SPOKEN TO, ARE FED UP WITH THAT MESSAGE ASKING IF WE AGREE TO KICK SO AND SO EVEN IF WE ARE NOT EVEN NEAR THE PERSON, SO HOW CAN WE AGREE ?   I HAVE NOTICED THOUGH, THAT EVEN IF I AND MY IN GAME MATES SAY NO,,THE PERSON IS STILL KICKED. I JUST WONDER HOW IT IS POSSIBLE TO DO THIS.. I WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO ASK IN THE FIRST PLACE.
ANY WAY THANKS TO ALL FOR CLEARING UP THIS QUESTION OF `POWER OF AUTHORITY`.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK VSTEP AND THANK YOU AGAIN FOR MAKEING LIFE MORE BEARABLE  :)

Koboi

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2008, 20:03:25 »

Shipwreck does not seem to be very smart.... (check his posts or replys on this forum and you will notice)

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2008, 20:14:06 »

Hoy guy's,
Well, i've seen his posts,and his behaviour.
I'm not very pleased,with this guy.
He had a open fight on this forum,now he's ruins the game by playing HM,as a dictator.
Well,he's been reported a couple of times,so i think he will be judged.
If this can help.
Regards
Marc
N

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2008, 20:33:10 »

SO AM I TO SUPPOSE FRED, THAT TO REPORT THIS UNSAVERY BEHAVIOUR I JUST HAVE TO SAY IT ON THIS FORUM, OR IS THERE SOME OTHER WAY? WHAT DID UPSET ME MORE THAN SHIPWRECK'S SELF APPOINTED DISASTER WAS THE WAY HE EVEN HAD THE AUDASITY TO MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE WITH EYESIGHT PROBLEMS.  " I'M BLIND" HE SAID AS HE WAS ANSWERING HIS MATE `FREDDY`... B Y THE WAY FRED, IT WAS FREDDY I WAS THINKING WAS YOU A FEW DAYS AGO :).... ALSO I AND MANY OTHERS I'VE SPOKEN TO, ARE FED UP WITH THAT MESSAGE ASKING IF WE AGREE TO KICK SO AND SO EVEN IF WE ARE NOT EVEN NEAR THE PERSON, SO HOW CAN WE AGREE ?   I HAVE NOTICED THOUGH, THAT EVEN IF I AND MY IN GAME MATES SAY NO,,THE PERSON IS STILL KICKED. I JUST WONDER HOW IT IS POSSIBLE TO DO THIS.. I WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO ASK IN THE FIRST PLACE.
ANY WAY THANKS TO ALL FOR CLEARING UP THIS QUESTION OF `POWER OF AUTHORITY`.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK VSTEP AND THANK YOU AGAIN FOR MAKEING LIFE MORE BEARABLE  :)

Hi John,

To report someone, you just send one of the moderators a PM. We prefer not doing this in the open, so we ask that people use private messaging.

In this PM, you can just give a brief description of the incident. Also, you'd include the;
1) Name of the culprit, 2) Name of the Server, 3) Date, and 4) Time.

If it concerns a report about ramming, it would be very usefull if you take some screenshots aswell, as proof.
A picture is worth a thousand words, and we often cannot judge a case by words alone anyway.
But if it is about things that are visible in the chat logs, then a picture is not really needed.

As far as the kick vote goes, a player will be kicked if at least 50% of the players agree. But as we have had some complaints about this feature being abused, we will be watching certain people on certain servers closely. Any abuse will result in the people responsible being banned instead!

And as you say you didn't know how to initiate a kick vote, you just click on the name of the player you wish to be removed from the server, in the player list. Then, when he/she is highlighted, you press "K". This will start a kick vote and now all the others will receive that message you mentioned.

This should clear things up I guess.

Glad to be of service. (btw, we mods are not VSTEP personnel.)  ;D

Regards,
Fred

TerryRussell

« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2008, 20:36:52 »

Terry, please don't try to understand americanisms mate.

I have to, my friend. The Missus is from New Joisey.

Terry,
To suck up is to produce a pleasing vacuum at someone’s stern hawse pipe.
Regards,
Marty

Thanks, Marty.

Now I understand. I'm more familiar with "to suck up" meaning to be extra friendly in order to gain an advantage.

TerryRussell

« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2008, 20:39:14 »

Hoy guy's,
Well, i've seen his posts,and his behaviour.
I'm not very pleased,with this guy.
He had a open fight on this forum,now he's ruins the game by playing HM,as a dictator.
Well,he's been reported a couple of times,so i think he will be judged.
If this can help.
Regards
Marc

Thanks Marc.

It sounds like he is intent on upsetting as many people as possible. Also sounds like you guys have things in motion now.

tman

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: February 29, 2008, 01:50:57 »

i think some people should have authoridy, such as moderits when they are online as long as they dont control people they would just have special powers to make sure people arent mean to other people such as when someone thinks they have complete control or when they swear. Also those moderits should have the power to warn people to give them a chance but then when they still do it ban them for a little while

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: February 29, 2008, 07:31:08 »

Greetings,
Yes,if we are on one of the servers,we are still moderators than.This means if we hear or see somthing,we will act as on the forum.
In some cases,it would be more easy to have a clear view of the problem.
On the otherhand,as a mod,we are in the game not all the time with a fast vessel to go to the place of delict.
I agree that would help to,but i like to steer the big vessels,and it is not very handy to go to that place with for example the "Latitude" ;D
Any way we keep an eye open ,when we are on the servers.
Regards
Marc
N

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: February 29, 2008, 07:33:18 »

It sounds like he is intent on upsetting as many people as possible.

Hello TerryRussel,
Have complete the same feeling about him.
And i'm not alone.
Regards
Marc
N

captain1

• Forum member
« Reply #72 on: February 29, 2008, 10:48:45 »

Shipwreck does not seem to be very smart.... (check his posts or replys on this forum and you will notice)

Well Cobi i will not be reading any of shipwrecks posts because i've seen enough of him to last me a life time, and from my vast experinces of life and suffering to this day I know shipwreck is the tip of the iceburg ( pardon the pun)....Only last night I experienced a speed freek in a session who asked " is your boat ram proof"? no names no pack drill... But it just goes to show `they` are out there ::)...But i have been pleasently releaved to have been reading all the good comments on this thread and iI am now more updated on how to see fair justice done ;)
kind regards to all and i hope we all meet on session soon :)

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: February 29, 2008, 10:54:42 »

Offcource,he is not alone on the forum/multiplayer,who makes the game no fun for the rest.
We al need your help to look for them also,which you all did sofar.
On the end they get problems anyway.
Regards
Marc
N

TerryRussell

« Reply #74 on: February 29, 2008, 11:09:53 »

I am in the middle of setting up a video monitoring system, which will record events on the MP servers as they happen. I will then start going on to the servers a lot more often than I have in the past. This way, if any rammers are upsetting people, there will be full video coverage of what happened.

This will also capture the swearing and other unacceptable behaviour.

I will not be using my "usual" name, as I have purchased another copy of Ship Simulator and will have a number of MP user names.

So, rammers and swearers beware. You'll never know if I am watching you! Not until I report you, of course.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines