Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 01:29:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: banned for a week  (Read 17211 times)

Sir oDD

• Forum member
banned for a week
« on: February 21, 2008, 20:47:42 »

Why do people try to spoil the fun for someone else,and why are the moderators give notice to that behavior.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: banned for a week
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 20:50:30 »

Hi :)

Very nice poll! :D ;D

Some people just want to spoil it for other I suppose. I think there will always be people like that.

SA

Sir oDD

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 20:52:02 »

but why is there no more investigation because i am really a victim off some childs playing kids

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 20:56:00 »

There are logs of everything that happens on the servers. VSTEP investigate it. We as members, don't see this.

Sir oDD

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 20:58:45 »

oke

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 21:02:26 »

You have probably been kicked too many times. I know for a fact that you also have been reported for bad behaviour on the servers.

This was most likely investigated by VSTEP and the punishment you have received is probably a result of this.

Regards,
Fred

Sir oDD

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 21:09:33 »

could it not have been that the one that report me was self beheaving whery badly and all the players getting really sick of this guy.

Sir oDD

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 21:10:56 »

btw i wass kicked 1 time others the see a votekick and the quit connection soo you never get kicked

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 21:20:30 »

could it not have been that the one that report me was self beheaving whery badly and all the players getting really sick of this guy.

The logs will have shown what happened. But I do not see those, that is up to the MP admins. So I cannot say what really went on. I will not disclose anything else about reports and such.

Regards,
Fred

Sir oDD

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 21:27:05 »

A log is  a log example i was towing whit another tug attached to eachother when this guy saild around us real close you dont read that in a log? he was really trying to get me to hit him and that happened soo he,s screaming you hit why!!!!!!
And that you cant see in a log how athors behave i find it really sad that things go like this.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 22:02:51 »

Well I cannot say anything about incidents that I have not witnessed.

But if you think you are being treated unfairly, then you can always PM me, or any other moderator, with your side of the story.  In such cases, it helps if you make a screenshot for example. When something happens on the server, snap a few pictures, because a picture often tells a lot more than just someone saying "so and so, did this and that.."   :)

We don't openly discuss incidents and players on the forum, but if you think you have a valid case and you can prove something, I will be happy to try and help.

Regards,
Fred

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 00:11:47 »

I HAVE TO SAY THAT I HAVE BEEN ON THE MARSELLIES SERVER WITH SIR ODD AND I MY PERSONAL oppinion
 Sir odd has allways been helpfull and tryed to enjoy the game.
                                                                                       Eric
I hope some one do'es get the truth

tman

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 03:19:37 »

same with me
one time i did get mad at him but later found out it was someone else so i tryed to apologize
sorry :-\

Sir oDD

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 10:39:56 »

Thank you whery much i really appriciate guys for the support.

white runner

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 20:21:50 »

what do u mean your quiting shipsim?????????? u are a cool guy whats going on

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 08:53:28 »

And to all its concern Sir oDD is history bye my friends it was nice playing.
IF YOU QUIT THE OTHER GUY WINS that is not what you want stick with it
when the truth is out he may get a lot more come on man week nearly up get back
to you'r real friends .           
                                 Eric

JoMach

• Dutch Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 09:44:05 »

He man 100% agree with Sadsid ;)

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 11:38:45 »

Greetings,
Stepping out of the game,is not realy a good idea.I think if Wout read all the good comments about you,and there is realy nothing that you've done wrong.He can give you back you right to play.
You can be a victim of someone else,who wanted to nail you.
Next time allways take screenshots,when you start to play,then we have a clear view of the situation.
When finishing the game you can easy delete them again.
If you step out,they win(or he).
Marc
N

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 11:48:46 »

Okay, I don't want to play the bad guy here, but just to put things into perspective, the ban was justified.

There was proof of a violation, and that has been dealt with.
A violation is a violation, no matter if it's 'justified'  because someone else is behaving bad aswell.

Leaving the game because of it is no solution, that much is true. for everyone's infomation: Report bad apples to a moderator! Do not take matters into your own hands, do not confront and fight these people, because that will just come back and bite you in the behind.  ;)

Regards,
Fred

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 12:12:23 »

Okay, I don't want to play the bad guy here, but just to put things into perspective, the ban was justified.

There was proof of a violation, and that has been dealt with.
A violation is a violation, no matter if it's 'justified'  because someone else is behaving bad aswell.

Leaving the game because of it is no solution, that much is true. for everyone's infomation: Report bad apples to a moderator! Do not take matters into your own hands, do not confront and fight these people, because that will just come back and bite you in the behind.  ;)

Regards,
Fred

Provide some multiplayer moderators with gun ships and we will see if they do a come-back! :P

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 12:19:23 »

;D

Heheh... good idea..   8)

TerryRussell

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 16:46:46 »

Hi Fred.

Can I apply for position of Captain of the Gunship? I promise to let you play as well so long as you salute me properly.  ;D

Any chance of thermonuclear devices?

No? Aw... Spoilsports.  ::)

OK,moment of madness over. Before this thread gets drowned in "No guns in Ship Simulator" comments, we were all just joking, so don't comment please!

Thank you. (Hey, no icon for blowing kisses).

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 17:29:08 »

The forum rules are in FAQ and Announcments ;) But I don't know if there is anything for multiplayer :)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2008, 18:16:38 »

There will be soon. (MP rules)

I had made a list a week or two ago, but it slipped in between the cracks in these busy weeks, I guess.

Even so, I would think that people allready know these rules anyway, as they are common and logical..

Things like no swearing, no crashing, not taking matters in your own hand, no cheating... that's the rule for any game on any server. If a person can't imagine these allready, then there must be something wrong with their attitude to begin with.

Regards,
Fred

Terry, you can be captain of the gunship, as soon as it is released. If you don't mind waiting untill pigs achieve flight.  ;D

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 18:36:44 »

Well, I "must" do nothing, but I agree, the rules are needed on the forum.  ;D

I would think it's pretty logical though, that certain things would be against the rules. These rules are no different than many rules on many levels in our life. Simply common decency type rules, mostly.

But you have a point about the reporting system for sure. Even though it has been mentioned here and there, a lot of people are not aware that there are other "tools" to use, when confronted by "bad apples"

So the rules will be up on the board soon. Keep in mind though, these rules apply to VSTEP servers. We cannot police user made servers, once the server software is released. The hosts of these servers will make the rules as they see fit, although I doubt VSTEP will stand by doing nothing, when proof of very bad violations against common decency woul be available...   :)

Regards,
Fred

* Edit *  this post may look out of place, but it seems the one I reacted to has been deleted..  ::)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 21:34:43 by Mad_Fred »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines