Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 20:01:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: new horizons  (Read 55933 times)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: new horizons
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2008, 23:01:30 »

No i can buy all 6 ships and not the two new ones.

???

You allready have those, don't you? The 6 "old" addon vessels?

Fred

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2008, 23:04:11 »

???

You allready have those, don't you? The 6 "old" addon vessels?

Fred

Yes I do but doesn't the new horizons come out this week? And then you can get the seprate ships in april? Ill just buy all "8" ships this week and not wait.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2008, 23:07:47 »

Yeah, you basically only need the 2 new ships + Cornwall...

But they are planned as seperate downloads for the SS06 addon customers to buy, planned for April, not right away.

It (NH) does come out in a few days, if all goes according to plan, but for you, being in the US, only as a download so far. Which you allready know though, no doubt.  :)

Fred

TerryRussell

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2008, 00:23:03 »

I've already decided that I will buy Hew Horizons, even though I have the Add-on pack.

reasons are:

(1) I understand that the ship dynamics have been improved in NH. So' if I only buy the 2 new-to-me ships, then I won't get the newly improved vessels will I?

(2) I think that the horns will work in the NH vessels? Same reason, then. I want all 8 to have horns.

(3) I think that Vstep, having put so much time and effort into this update and provided so many free updates, should get recompense from me (and everyone else, but I can only control me - somewhat)

(4) I want the new environment (Cornwall) to play in.

(5) I don't want to wait.

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2008, 00:45:36 »

Hello Terry,
You are right,
(1) but there will be later a patch to correct the dynamics
(2) and yes, the horns will work
(3) of course, you do as you like
(4) Padstow is indeed very nice, specially the small harbor
(5) and hmmm  ;D that is the main reason probably ?
Regards,
Luc

TerryRussell

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2008, 00:49:35 »

You know me too well....

But a new harbour does have a big attraction as well.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2008, 01:44:09 »

You know me too well....

But a new harbour does have a big attraction as well.

Same with me. I think it will be nice to have a proper environment that doesn't have many 'concrete' walls for example. I can't wait to dive into Cornwall on the classic cruiser. Looking very much forward to creating some nice tourist missions too :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2008, 01:49:32 »

Yeah, you basically only need the 2 new ships + Cornwall...
I understand.

But they are planned as seperate downloads for the SS06 addon customers to buy, planned for April, not right away.
I don't want to wait... :p + If I buy NH then VSTEP gets more money right? :)

It (NH) does come out in a few days, if all goes according to plan, but for you, being in the US, only as a download so far. Which you allready know though, no doubt.  :)
That should be no problem, i only had ss06 boxed (had a few problems with the store >=() but I trust VSTEP, (AND YOU!!!!) :) So download + money = yippe i get in a second once my mom's microsoft mail server does something intelligent.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2008, 01:58:42 »

So download + money = yippe i get in a second once my mom's microsoft mail server does something intelligent.

Bill Gates server by any chance?  ;D
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2008, 02:07:26 »

Bill Gates server by any chance?  ;D
That would be the problem. It actually goes though a personal email server that then forwards it into microsoft, since my mom didn't want to use her microsoft email to buy games. :p

Cobrattack

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2008, 04:07:48 »

Yup I have the add-on as well and will be buying the full New Horizons since it will mean having the ships , environment, and everything 1 month early (wise choice by VSTEP btw to maximize profits off this I was hoping they would do that) plus yes you are buying basically the same thing twice but if enough people do that then VSTEP will have enough funds to continue upgrading and expanding Ship Sim  ;D

ACR

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2008, 00:27:49 »

i,m currently not sure if i will buy new horizons or not... i was very happy with shipssim at its day of realease, but now  i,m also a little dissaponited that users have very little possibility in "playing" with settings like ships dynamics , wave height etc. the dynamics seemed to make a step back with 1.3, any chance to increase wave height was blocked by coding the files. i understand that shipsim in its current version is not designed to deal with waves in the winter atlantic, but i do not understand that the community is blocked to try improving it...

with no chance in finding new ways to improve the game and only waiting for a new addon , sitting in some few closed enviroments, i really do not know if i should invest further money in this sim or to quit it with some months of playing.

i wish vstep that this sim becomes a "hero" like e.g flight or trainsim, but i hope that they will "open" the game.

cheers!

Rotary

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2008, 00:53:59 »

I cant wait for the New Horizons add on....! With much improvements Vstep made from the first release of ss06 to now, if they keep this pace up, I bet Vstep would be top 3 sim games in few years. :D

Admiral-of-the-fleet

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2008, 21:49:22 »

Have to ask.... Of all the harbours and ports in the world why padstow.  Beautifal place dont get me wrong i lived in Cornwall all my life... only just moved away but if you were looking at a picturesque small harbour somewhere like Newlyn would be a good one or even better Falmouth... home to a lot of RFA's with its dry docks.. ship building yards and the worlds 3rd deepest natural harbour yet the fantastic village of flushing across the the ability to handle largish ships like the POR in the middle of a fantastic harbour or you can take the new luxury speedboat up the river fal and see some absouloutly fantastic scenery.  But padstow... well i aint gonna knock it till i try it but on paper it just doesn't look right!
"Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard at it!"

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2008, 22:00:03 »

Hello Admiral, Sir:

That very question was raised before:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,5904.0.html

No clear answer, cause the real reasons are with VSTEP, but a few nice speculations.  ;D

Regards,
Fred

mvsmith

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2008, 22:57:24 »

This is just a wild guess, but perhaps VSTEP wanted to include a beautiful small-boat harbor that didn’t have a shipyard or dry-dock to spoil the ambiance. They do try for variety.
With the exception of Phi Phi—which was pretty much wiped out by the tsunami—the other harbors are large and industrialized.
Maybe they wanted a place where no one was likely to try to put a VLCC.
My choice for a small-boat harbor would have been Depoe Bay, Oregon.
Marty

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2008, 01:01:17 »

This is just a wild guess, but perhaps VSTEP wanted to include a beautiful small-boat harbor that didn’t have a shipyard or dry-dock to spoil the ambiance. They do try for variety.
With the exception of Phi Phi—which was pretty much wiped out by the tsunami—the other harbors are large and industrialized.
Maybe they wanted a place where no one was likely to try to put a VLCC.
My choice for a small-boat harbor would have been Depoe Bay, Oregon.
Marty

Marty I entirely agree with your comments about industrialization in harbours. Sometimes it's nice to be able to "Pootle" (Norfolk saying ;D) around the harbours in a smaller craft designed to 'cruise' along. I'm very much looking forward to the Padstow harbour. I welcome all different varieties of harbours too, as this will in turn attract a wider audience to ship sim :)

Jayshum

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2008, 01:29:17 »

On a random note guys, is NH now available to buy? I saw somewhere that it's out in Germany already, just wanted to know if it's true or not, and if it's now available in the UK?

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2008, 01:32:48 »

Hi Jayshum,

Nope you have to be patient a little bit longer, Germany just has the first release...

It should be available on the 22nd of March in/for the UK.

Regards,
Fred

Admiral-of-the-fleet

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2008, 01:34:48 »

Yep... definatly agree... Got to say Padstow is a picturesque litlle village for tooteling around in your luxury cruiser.  Can't wait to see it!
"Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard at it!"

Cobrattack

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2008, 01:53:17 »

Any idea if it will be available for download thru the Ship Sim website on the 22nd as well??  Don't wanna sit here all day hitting refresh waiting if it's gonna be only a box release.

Jayshum

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2008, 02:08:44 »

Hi Jayshum,

Nope you have to be patient a little bit longer, Germany just has the first release...

It should be available on the 22nd of March in/for the UK.

Regards,
Fred

Oh great, it's only a day then. Just been watching some fantastic videos on youtube from Bottman.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2008, 02:16:35 »

Those Bugsier clips eh?

I love the Bugsier 2  ;D

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2008, 02:41:10 »

Wow released tomoz? Seems to have come round rather quick  ;D

Better get that dusty bank card out again  :D

TJK

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2008, 04:09:28 »

one day to released ;D i hawed preorder it so i will wheal not get it after Easter :(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines