Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 20:54:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: new horizons  (Read 56153 times)

TerryRussell

Re: new horizons
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 12:42:42 »

Hi Marc.

As I say, I think he was joking.

Surely no-one could actually be that daft and that rude? I thought he was being ironic about the level of posts that seem be placed on the forum recently.

As you say, it is difficult to know sometimes.  ;)

budbud

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2008, 05:13:55 »

Hi!
I would just like to say : maybe it's a joke or not, in any case, I don't think using capital letters and no emoticon at all, is a good way to let everybody now you are joking...
I disapprove this kind of behaviour, and would like also to thank our mods for their good job!  :D
C'est curieux ce besoin que les marins ont de faire des phrases!

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2008, 07:38:13 »

It's all kinds of freebies out there that want everything for free no matter what.
It's not something new really since its almost common that some expect that software should be free just because it is a virtual product that you only see on a screen. The same goes for computer games. What they completely ignore is the work that lies behind. Large teams of people are working constantly to make new games and software and it's not a cheap process, its expensive!

I don't think he was joking. He was proudly expressing his  demanding statement that the New Horizon should be free....with a small ambition that another freebie on the forum would support him on this.
Marc is right about the big letters. We don't need to analyze that so much don't we...

I proudly pay for it as I have paid for anything else that have been released by VSTEP for this game. I support this game 100% and will do that if I even have to sell my car. :P

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2008, 12:11:23 »

I agree with all you say  ;D but sell the mota  :-X

TerryRussell

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2008, 21:34:13 »

Yep. Just sold the wife into slavery to pay for New Horizons. There's going to some tricky times ahead when she finds out....

Cobrattack

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2008, 09:13:03 »

LOL Terry,   You too huh,, maybe she'll be "assigned" with my wife and any future kids that we may have.  I'm in the US and since it isn't comming out here until G Knows When I'll have to pay the outrageous Euro rate (it's actually the same price in Euros as it would have been in dollors so we Americas pay 1.5X more for it!  But I think it is worth it definatley, I rank Ship Sim up with the top name MMO's and they charge per month so no probs here paying a couple extra bucks.  Just hope the wife likes her Anniversary Present of New Horizons on my computer  ;D

TerryRussell

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2008, 10:42:23 »

LOL Terry,   You too huh,, maybe she'll be "assigned" with my wife and any future kids that we may have.  I'm in the US and since it isn't comming out here until G Knows When I'll have to pay the outrageous Euro rate (it's actually the same price in Euros as it would have been in dollors so we Americas pay 1.5X more for it!  But I think it is worth it definatley, I rank Ship Sim up with the top name MMO's and they charge per month so no probs here paying a couple extra bucks.  Just hope the wife likes her Anniversary Present of New Horizons on my computer  ;D

LOL LOL FOTFL.

Although we live in the UK, my wife is from Edison, New Jersey. The language around here when she finds out will make the Sopranos look tame. Actually, I think her cousin is called Vinny. Oh-oh!

You actually pay 2.08 times LESS than we do in the UK.  :o Every time you pay a dollar, we pay a pound. "Rip-off Britain" as it's known locally! A continuing gripe over here. Just don't get me started on petrol (gas) prices!

PS What's a Euro? Is that that strange non-sterling money those Europeans use? Peculiar things happen over there....
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 10:43:58 by TerryRussell »

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2008, 22:50:12 »

Some times using the magic word ( Please, Could, Can and Thank you) All steps work much better for you. ;)

But I don't think the it will be for free due to such a large number of new vessels and a new environment too.
Cheers
well. actually. the 8 ships include the old add on ships from SS06. the pushboat and the tug add up to make 8. adn there is the new enviorment. i also heared that who ever owns the first add on gets the new horizons at a cheaper price. this is all i know right now. don't ask me for more info. if i find out, i will tell you?

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

Muttzcuttz

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2008, 23:04:35 »

I NEED THE NEW HORIZENS PATCH FOR FREE NOW ON THE 20th OF FEBRUARY 2008

I think you need to grow up and realise that these good people need to make a living, and probably have families to feed. Stop being so tight fisted and stump up the cash, and stop being ungrateful.

Personally I cant wait :D My pre-order (£14.99) has been down with play.com for a month now I think and im excited  ;D ;D

TerryRussell

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2008, 23:24:51 »

Hi Muttzcuttz.

That was an old post (two and a half weeks ago), and it's quite possible he was joking (being ironic). Perhaps not.

Still, I suppose this gets your number of posts up a bit more? (I remeber the candles on the cake when you made post 100!)  ;)

Muttzcuttz

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2008, 23:46:54 »

I need to look at the dates of posts dont I  ::) lol
Mind you, im still excited about it  ;D

thassos

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2008, 08:57:23 »

Just sold the wife into slavery to pay for New Horizons

I trust you checked whether you are going to be paid in cash or VSTEP vouchers.   
My kids loved it when the camels arrived but the neighbours weren't amused.
The right to speak does not include the right to be taken seriously.

Creator on Creators Forum

TerryRussell

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2008, 09:49:05 »

Hi Thassos.

Strictly cash (used 10p coins).

Went on the TV program "Wife Swap" with the first wife, once. Got a Ford Cortina and a goldfish in exchange.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2008, 10:46:09 »

Just a relevant question (more on-topic this time..). Will the barges take damage if you hit them accidental? :)

Graeme Heddle

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2008, 13:15:30 »

Could someone please reply to JHB's Question? I can't answer it because I have not got New Horizons, YET!

thanks to Captain Bluebeard for the sig

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2008, 14:23:43 »

Just a relevant question (more on-topic this time..). Will the barges take damage if you hit them accidental? :)
not as far as i know but like other ships handle with care

Graeme Heddle

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2008, 16:23:09 »

I never thought this post would be so popular, none of my other posts have been this good. :) ;)

thanks to Captain Bluebeard for the sig

Rotary

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2008, 16:43:52 »

Is the New Horizon is the SS08 add-on pack that we download from shipsim.com or is it something else?? ???

TerryRussell

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2008, 18:15:14 »

It's the "soon to be released" next set of Add-ons. There are loads of threads about it.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2008, 19:20:23 »

I never thought this post would be so popular, none of my other posts have been this good. :) ;)
You never can tell here, Graeme.. ;)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2008, 21:04:48 »

There is no "ss08 addon" people. It is new-horizons. The addon pack you may have is the ss06 one that you then got the free upgrade for ss08. And no, if you already have the ss06 > 08 addon you can still get new horizons and get a new tug, pushboat, and enviorment! THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2008, 21:08:58 »

And to add to that.. if you allready have the 6 ships from the old addon, upgraded for SS08, then you can get the additional addons that are present in NH as single downloadable addons aswell, in April, so that you dont have to pay twice for the 6 ships you allready have.

Regards,
Fred

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2008, 21:39:47 »

And to add to that.. if you allready have the 6 ships from the old addon, upgraded for SS08, then you can get the additional addons that are present in NH as single downloadable addons aswell, in April, so that you dont have to pay twice for the 6 ships you allready have.

Regards,
Fred

I can't wait that long. No patience. :p

TerryRussell

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2008, 21:48:02 »

I can't wait that long. No patience. :p

Not much you can do about that!  ;D

I guess you'll have to burst quietly or something.  ;)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2008, 22:59:55 »

Not much you can do about that!  ;D

I guess you'll have to burst quietly or something.  ;)
No i can buy all 6 ships and not the two new ones.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines