Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 11:56:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Next Patch after V 1.35 What date can we expect it?  (Read 20037 times)

Bukko

• Forum member
Next Patch after V 1.35 What date can we expect it?
« on: June 18, 2011, 06:23:20 »

Hi Ship Nuts,

Anyone know when we can expect the next patch?

Don't say when it's done please  ;D

Is there a tentative list of improvements and bug fixes for us to see?

Craig

Bukko

• Forum member
Re: Next Patch after V 1.35 What date can we expect it? Mad_Fred??
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 23:34:19 »

Mr. Mad_Fred...... do you have any info on the next patch?

You da man around here!

Craig

Sunseekeringo

• Forum member
Re: Next Patch after V 1.35 What date can we expect it?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 10:48:11 »

Hi

It seems that nobody dares to say anything about further updates...forum is almost dead and even moderators are frustrated to keep us calm and motivated...

Would be really nice to get some information. VSTEP shall take enough time to make real improvements this time but hearingo nothing about this is demotivating. In the German forum I read they are working on it but nobody can say anything yet.

best regards
Ingo

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: Next Patch after V 1.35 What date can we expect it? Mad_Fred??
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 10:58:26 »

Mr. Mad_Fred...... do you have any info on the next patch?

You da man around here!

Craig

Well not really da man, not at all.. hehe.. just a volunteer like the rest of the staff - minus the Vstep lot of course.

But unfortunately it is still a bit too early to give out any specific information about the next patch.

Trust me, if there would be concrete information that wasn't prone to changes due to the phase it's in, there would have been some news about it already. It's just really difficult to give proper info when things might change and therefor ruin people's expectations, which then leads to dissapointment perhaps.. or even anger.

Details cannot be given, that wouldn't be smart at this point, but suffice it to say, they are not sitting around twiddling their thumbs, of course. I do expect some form of 'preview of what is to come' in the near future though.

Sorry that there's not much more to say. They ARE indeed working on it, that much can be said, and is logical. But also during testing a lot can still come up. So once the bulk of the news is reliable enough to make public, you'll all see it pop up here on the forum, in the newsletter and/or on the main website. That much you can be certain about!

Kind Regards,
Fred

Bukko

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 12:41:48 »

Mad_Fred,

Thanks for the reply......

Craig

Sunseekeringo

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 14:31:37 »

Mad, thanks very much...

They ARE indeed working on it, that much can be said, and is logical.

Meanwhile I am really not sure if this is logical. After such a SSE start I wouldn´t be surprised if they would close the game business and keep on focussing on professional solutions. I can´t imagine that the SSE in its form brings enough profit, therefore too many people have been disappointed. Only the hard core ship freaks keep on sailing and hoping..

cheers
Ingo

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 15:04:05 »

Vstep must release a patch which will fix all the problems we have encountered since the release of SSE. So SSE will regain its popularity.

I fear that Vstep will abandon the Shipsimulator line and switch to the professional circuit.

Tinchu

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 16:54:15 »

It would be really sad that you are saying. Always I`ve been very critical with "the strategy" of VStep with this software. But nowadays is the only one we have. Again turns back the polemic about if the Ship Simulator we have and the Ship Simulator that VStep sells to the professionals are really two different products. I`m not a software professional, but if you see "both" products... If something walks like a duck, flies like a duck, it has beak, wings, feathers and talk like a duck, huummm! I´d say is a duck. But it seems VStep doesn`t want to admit it.

I don`t know if this situation is making problems to VStep not only among us; the ship fans and the simmer community. I`d like to know if this situation is making problems among the professionals and VStep be encouraged to take a decision; painful decision.   

Swenson

• Ship Simulator Community Manager
  • Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 08:32:18 »

Vstep must release a patch which will fix all the problems we have encountered since the release of SSE. So SSE will regain its popularity.

I fear that Vstep will abandon the Shipsimulator line and switch to the professional circuit.

Hi MokMok!

We are working on a big patch that will fix multiple issues such as the shore bumping, multiplayer towing and others. This patch needs time to be developed because it's important for us to make a big blow against the problems, just like we did with patch 1.3.

We'll get there!
 :2thumbs:
Stay up to date by following our social channels!
http://twitter.com/shipsim
http://www.facebook.com/shipsim

Sunseekeringo

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 08:48:00 »

Hej Swenson,

I think this is also necessary...The users don´t need a further patch which fix on the one hand some bugs and bring on the other hand new bugs so that in the end users are only more frustrated than before. So it is better to wait with the update until you are sure that it is a real improvement...but I don´t hope that it will come not before 2012...

cheers
Ingo

Swenson

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 08:53:21 »

Hej Swenson,

I think this is also necessary...The users don´t need a further patch which fix on the one hand some bugs and bring on the other hand new bugs so that in the end users are only more frustrated than before. So it is better to wait with the update until you are sure that it is a real improvement...but I don´t hope that it will come not before 2012...

cheers
Ingo

It will be before 2012, that's for sure!

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 13:08:14 »

thats good news...

just slightly annoying that nearly a year after the release, the main problem with the game (bouncy quays) Still has yet to be fixed...  :-\

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 13:46:59 »

I hope that the next oncoming patch will not introduce new problems, like the 1.3 patch did with the problems with very low FPS.

Swenson

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 13:55:07 »

I hope that the next oncoming patch will not introduce new problems, like the 1.3 patch did with the problems with very low FPS.

The 1.3.5 patch upgraded the performance big time? We have reports of 15-20 FPS improvement.

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 14:13:43 »

@Swenson:
The 1.3.5 patch upgraded the performance big time? We have reports of 15-20 FPS improvement.

Yes, the 1.3.5 patch improved the performance very well! I mentioned the performance problems of the 1.3 patch.

Bartolomeus

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 13:52:10 »

Before 2012, Sounds great!  :2thumbs:

Marko

larsdehaan

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 14:24:17 »

Hi MokMok!

We are working on a big patch that will fix multiple issues such as the shore bumping, multiplayer towing and others. This patch needs time to be developed because it's important for us to make a big blow against the problems, just like we did with patch 1.3.

We'll get there!
 :2thumbs:
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Snakebyte92

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 15:07:51 »

Before 2012, Sounds great!  :2thumbs:

Marko

Would be nice if it atleast gets before 22 december 2012. When the worlds gets to her end  ;D (atleast according to the maya calender  :-\)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 16:03:19 by Snakebyte92 »
Cadet Holland America Line

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 15:47:32 »

i think the FPS increasing must have high priority for the next patch, even the computer i'm using now with specs high above recommended and people with similar systems do not get more than an average of 30 FPS.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 17:14:08 »

do not get more than an average of 30 FPS.

How about 120 fps..?   ;D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 17:24:17 by saltydog »

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 18:02:34 »

i think the FPS increasing must have high priority for the next patch, even the computer i'm using now with specs high above recommended and people with similar systems do not get more than an average of 30 FPS.

And what if you switch off the FPS count, does the game feel smooth to you?

I stopped using fraps for that reason, although i had a very low framerate on a high end machine, the game still ran smooth in rainy weather and in busy traffic. It's just playing with your mind  ;D
It's the crew that makes the difference

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 18:07:44 »

How about 120 fps..?   ;D

Do you have a monitor with a refresh rate of 120 Hz at a usable resulution.  Most peoples LCD monitors refresh at 60 Hz  at high resolution.

the Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ: 120Hz LCD Monitor is nice and supports 3d hoiwever its a bit pricy.
We're all buddies in boats

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2011, 18:09:19 »

And what if you switch off the FPS count, does the game feel smooth to you?

I stopped using fraps for that reason, although i had a very low framerate on a high end machine, the game still ran smooth in rainy weather and in busy traffic. It's just playing with your mind  ;D

Thats a good point, both system wise (its another program running) and psychological too (You notice because its being pointed out)

Easy way to fix it too...

BRING BACK THE SS08 CAMERA  !:)

*If we ask for it enough maybeVSTEP will finally listen... after all we got the daylight night now...  :doh:

Snakebyte92

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 18:12:36 »

Do you have a monitor with a refresh rate of 120 Hz at a usable resulution.  Most peoples LCD monitors refresh at 60 Hz  at high resolution.

For getting 120fps you don't need a 120hz screen. Hz and fps can be seen seperate. And most of time you don't notice. But with some monitors and high fps it's not working proper anymore, so they came up with Vsync.

Cadet Holland America Line

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 18:19:01 »

For the record, I usually get about 10-15 fps, which is ok..
Seems to me some people get fixated about their framerates.. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines