Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 11:27:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Next Patch after V 1.35 What date can we expect it?  (Read 19944 times)

Thor2

• Forum member
Re: Next Patch after V 1.35 What date can we expect it?
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2011, 13:13:34 »

Thank Sadsid,

I agree with you, today a good graphics card is not enough , more and more processes are transferred from the CPU, Hard Drive and memory. PhysikX and DirectX 11 are further evidence of this. Therefore It Is important that a system fits together to avoid a bottleneck.

I known that most problems lie with the user, a modern game needs a modern and well-configured PC.

For me the Schiffsim runs at around 25-27 fps with high settings, this is not so much but It's ok, finally I have an old graphics card.
I run Shipsim on core 3 and 4. The other programs are using core 1 and 2.
I've been running shipsim with 2 x 3Ghz, both cores are working equally. A test with 2 x 3.6 does not bring more fps. At 1x 3 Ghz it runs only 2-5 fps slower.
Why NVIDIA Cards are running only at 30-35% in the Port. The same but 10-20 Fps more, with GTX  470 and GTX 570.

The water uses Nvidia PhysikX technology, clear that the card works with 100%. But why not in the port, what draws so much power in the harbor.
Sure, all the Objects and textures need to be processed by Hard Disk, CPU, Ram and GPU, but with a modern and well-configured Gaming PC, this should be no problem!!

Is there something wrong with the programming?

Or is the software  already more advanced than the hardware!

Whatever it is, a comparable ATI graphics card can handle it better and get 5-10 fps more. At sea she is 5-10 fps slower than NVIDIA. I've tested the Ati Card on the same system.

It's no problem to buy a new graphic card every 1-2 years. But It is difficult if the old is 70% under her Limit.

I'm looking forward to a solution.

Regards
Thor
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 13:16:07 by Thor2 »

Sunseekeringo

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2011, 13:27:49 »

Hi,

meanwhile we are a bit off topic, but as we already talk about frame rates...I often experience that the frame rate is good for 1-2 seconds and then SSE breaks for about 0,1-0,2 seconds (loading) and then it is going on with a good frame rate, then he is loading again...etc...

that´s sometimes a bit annoying...and I have to sail at good weather, then it is better...

cheers
Ingo

Sunseekeringo

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2011, 09:56:03 »

Hi,

I just thought about a next patch and the time frame between the last patch...that was several months ago....if they really work that hard on it...guys, then I think we can at least expect somethink like a super pack!!!

If they need so much time for a next patch, it must be fully filled with incredible improvements (and probably also the environments and vessels from the CCC)...I expect somethink like birthday and christmas at the same time...  8)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Have a nice summer...and hope that you can apply the practised experience from the SSE in the real scenery (I can´t...)

cheers
Ingo

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2011, 03:38:05 »

super pack, eh? now i'm excited! you could be right about that though. the last patch was released quite a while ago. hopefully we might have the next patch and/or ccc winners in a month or so. (but thats what i thought 2 months ago.)
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

assassinator2.0

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2011, 07:20:32 »

Hi,

I just thought about a next patch and the time frame between the last patch...that was several months ago....if they really work that hard on it...guys, then I think we can at least expect somethink like a super pack!!!

If they need so much time for a next patch, it must be fully filled with incredible improvements (and probably also the environments and vessels from the CCC)...I expect somethink like birthday and christmas at the same time...  8)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Have a nice summer...and hope that you can apply the practised experience from the SSE in the real scenery (I can´t...)

cheers
Ingo

i think thats why they also shut down the servers....to test the new ships and add the new environments  ;D
"He that boasts of his own knowledge proclaims his ignorance" -Author Unknown

"If a tidal wave hits LA just grab a fake boob for safety" -Sarah Michelle Gellar

Sunseekeringo

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2011, 10:12:25 »

...this would be an acceptable argument...  :captain:

larsdehaan

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2011, 11:10:36 »

Hmm run this trough Google translater (this is an official swenson post)

Het is natuurlijk helemaal niet gek om te vragen wat de status is van de updates die er aan zitten te komen. Wij betreuren het ook dat we op het moment niet meer aan Ship Simulator Extremes hebben kunnen werken.

Natuurlijk zijn we niet helemaal gestopt met het doorontwikkelen, langzamerhand komen we steeds dichter bij een nieuwe patch die het leven van een Ship Simulator Extremes schipper een stuk aangenamer moet maken. In de volgende patch hebben we de irritante bug van het kade stuiteren/lanceren gefixed en hebben we de multiplayer bugjes de nek om gedraaid!

Helaas kan ik nog geen definitieve datum aan de patch hangen, hier hangen nog even te veel dingen van af. We blijven er aan werken en zetten waar het kan extra mensen bij om de patch zo snel mogelijk af te hebben.

Ik hoop dat dit wat onrust wegneemt, het is in ieder geval zeker iets om naar uit te kijken.

Veel plezier op de zeeën!
Het ShipSim Team!

Greetings from norway

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2011, 11:55:32 »

Hmm run this trough Google translater (this is an official swenson post)

Greetings from norway

It is of course not crazy to ask what the status of the updates that have to sit out. We regret that we currently do not have anymore Ship Simulator Extremes work.

Of course we are not completely stopped the further development, gradually we are getting closer to a new patch that the life of a Ship Simulator Extremes skipper a little easier to make. In the next patch we have the annoying bug of the bouncing dock / launch gefixed and we have the multiplayer bugjes the neck twisted!

Unfortunately I have no definitive date for the patch hang, hang here a little too much stuff on it. We continue to work and put it where it can more people to patch as soon as possible to have.

I hope this takes away lot of unrest, at least it's definitely something to look forward to.

Have fun on the seas!
The ShipSim Team!

"We regret that we currently do not have anymore Ship Simulator Extremes work."

I don't like the sound of that... Does this mean that they have given up then?

"Of course we are not completely stopped the further development"

So what exactly are they doing then?

Ralphy

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2011, 12:27:32 »

Seems like Fred clarified that a bit more, so hopefully Fred is right

I think Swenson referred to "more" as in, even more than they already do. (There are obviously some on holiday in this period, like everyone else, so the manpower is reduced)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2011, 17:38:03 »

Google translator did not do a good job on that cause it indeed seems a lot more like 'there's no work done' when it's put into english like that. But that is not the right interpretation of the dutch sentence. And the rest of his post shows this too.

Of course they're working on it.. it's just hard to do the same amount, let alone a lot more than you normally do, when some of the staff are on holidays.  :)

So yeah dont worry, work hasn't stopped. A new patch is on the way, as Swenson said!

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2011, 17:39:47 »

Ahhh

Got to love somethings Google Trans;late comes up with...  :doh:

But that is good news - thanks Fred :)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2011, 19:38:20 »

No problem!  :thumbs:

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2011, 22:57:42 »

A VStep guy on holiday.. ;) :lol:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines