Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 22:06:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: New patch  (Read 55178 times)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: New patch
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2010, 20:26:25 »

The we better plot a decent course and get this old lady back on topic.  :doh:

Dreadnought

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2010, 08:43:39 »

Hear Hear!! :2thumbs:

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2010, 08:48:34 »

So when late this week is the patch out I wonder?

Thurs?
Fri?
Sat?
Sun?
 :captain:

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2010, 10:18:40 »

who said anything about this week, the announcement clearly stated next week  ;D
It's the crew that makes the difference

PoRL

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2010, 11:07:03 »

who said anything about this week, the announcement clearly stated next week  ;D

:doh: I forgot the Golden Rule: "Always leave a get-out clause"!!!!

On my boat, the crew's job is to make the skipper look good!

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2010, 12:17:50 »

This is NEXT WEEK  :evil:

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2010, 16:05:53 »

This is NEXT WEEK  :evil:
Are you sure ??? ???
 :lol: :lol: :lol: ;D ;D ;D :evil:
Marc
N

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2010, 16:32:26 »

Ship Sim Extremes Update v1.2 due this week!  :thumbs:

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2010, 16:33:42 »

Ship Sim Extremes Update v1.2 due this week!  :thumbs:

that is what I have been saying...  :doh:

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2010, 18:50:44 »

yes it is this week.

But if I were to hazard a guess, I think it's going to be late this week.

My guestimation is Friday. (And then it can only get better, not worse, for the people that were expecting it on 9am on monday again, and don't understand that a week has 5 working days)  :)

Fred

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2010, 04:14:15 »

@Wiqvist,

The benefit of having this option, is that you can use your joystick, gamepad or ship control unit while you stand on the bridgewing. Besides that you can also use them on the Bugsier 2 while you are standing on the aft console overlooking the tow. In my humble opinion, that brings some extra realism in the game.

And as you see so does it in my opinion not bring this game more of realism. I for sure understand your view and can see why you like this update, so you do not need to defend it more, we have different views on this thing. My main point was the question about if it could be made possible to choose not to install this part of the update? 

I would like to choose which of this 'updates' I like to install, some do I like and some do I not like. So would it be difficult to make that choice?

It could be done like when the 'add's' were installed in SS 2008, like when I installed some of the missions the language changed to Dutch, and that did I not like, so I did not installed that part, but still I installed the new missions in the same add.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2010, 04:48:16 »

Hi wiqvist,

No unfortunatly that's not going to be a feature in the patch, it's all or nothing.

But in this case, as I said before, just don't use your controller in walkthrough and imagine you have no input whatsoever. That should not change anything for you then.  :)

I reckon the fact that you can use the controller of your choice when say, standing at ACTUAL controls on the bridge wing, is not unrealistic, cause.. the controls, are there to control. Easy as that. The same goes for working on the aft station of a tugboat, it's normal that you could control the ship from there, but you can't do that from helmsman mode, you need to be in walkthrough. How else are you going to do this in walkthrough then?  With mouse? Isn't that the same thing, just with a different device?

If one only ever plays from helmsman position, how's one going to dock a big vessel perfectly? Do you use external cams and the keys or a controller or overlay controls to achieve this, or do you only ever play in first person mode and only ever steer from the helmsman position?

Not critisizing, just wondering what methods you are using.  :)

Fred
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 04:50:35 by Mad_Fred »

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2010, 12:13:53 »

No unfortunatly that's not going to be a feature in the patch, it's all or nothing.

Yes I know this, as yoy can see in the thread so have another moderator already answered the same on the first page, maybe you did not understood what I ment. I know that this update will be all or nothing, so I bring this up as an idea/suggestion for future update/patches. So is it possible for future updates to give the user the choice which updates to install, as I suggested in the post above?

But in this case, as I said before, just don't use your controller in walkthrough and imagine you have no input whatsoever. That should not change anything for you then.  :)

Yes, I stated this in the first post where I brought up this "controle-update". So why do you suggest this for me when I started with saying the same, may you did not read my whole post?

And to your question about which controles and camera position I use. So do I mostly use helmet mode and walkaround mode. I play with a wheel and a gamepad, as much as possible.

I have no interest to discuss if this update is giving the game more realism or is a step away from realism. We have different views on that, so there is no one who is right or wrong in this topic. I have brought up three things I do not like to install in this update, this three can more be seeing as example to give a reason to make it a choice which part of updates a person like to install.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

mvsmith

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2010, 12:52:34 »

A “patch” or update replaces entire modules (dll or cgr) rather than making byte-level changes as was common in DOS.
Because more than one problem might be dealt with in a module, it is not feasible to have selective fixing of problems in an update. Having separate updates for problems is also difficult because installing one might undo changes made by another.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2010, 12:58:17 »

About the time for the release of this update. I think we all had liked that this update should come as fast as possible, most of us prefer to get it yesterday. But, I would rather wait another month before Vstep release this second update, if it realy makes the game better. I hope this update is not a fast prodused one, to calm persons and full of more bugs and misses. So I realy hope that this update is tested a lot and not cause any trouble, cause if it do, even less persons would have any trust in the company. My personal trust in Vstep is for the moment very,very low, but that can be changed. So if some of you who test the update see one thing which should not be there, I hope that the update will delayed.

But of cource so do I hope that this update will work well for everyone.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2010, 13:05:32 »

A “patch” or update replaces entire modules (dll or cgr) rather than making byte-level changes as was common in DOS.
Because more than one problem might be dealt with in a module, it is not feasible to have selective fixing of problems in an update. Having separate updates for problems is also difficult because installing one might undo changes made by another.

Mvsmith, I understand it when you talk about solving problems and bugs in the game, but such things as VHF-chatter, controles and other adds to the game, could they not be made as a choice if you like to install it or not?. Why was it possible in SS 2008 when we installed additional missions, there were often an oppurtunity to choose if you like the whole add or just some of it?

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2010, 14:12:27 »

Please have patience regarding the next patch, otherwise SSE2010 will get from bad to worse!

wigelz

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2010, 14:42:32 »

so are we getting this patch before friday??? would be nice to try it before the weekend! :captain:

mvsmith

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2010, 14:57:45 »

Why was it possible in SS 2008 when we installed additional missions, there were often an oppurtunity to choose if you like the whole add or just some of it?

Because that was a completely different thing; it was not a bug fix, and did not involve replacing modules. It added files, which could be individually chosen.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2010, 18:27:36 »

Yes, I stated this in the first post where I brought up this "controle-update". So why do you suggest this for me when I started with saying the same, may you did not read my whole post?

I thought I had to repeat myself since you obviously didn't read mine, where I elaborated on how it was perfectly realistic under the circumstances it is meant for and not different from any other control method you already might use. So you are entitled to keep repeating yourself, but I am not, you say?  ;)

If you only want to get your own opinion in and totally disregard the validity of those of others, who in your eyes never seem to get your points, then there's indeed no use to further discuss it, perhaps.   :P

coryt415

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2010, 20:44:10 »

damn guys they are comming out with a new patch and now yall are ****** about the patch..come on guys
if i were vstep i would wait till next week now just for the hell of it

edited for language - Fred
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 20:47:09 by Mad_Fred »

krisostend

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2010, 20:45:58 »

This comes from Frank VSTEP, what means this
NAUTIS for 250euro, instead of 4000euro:

Let me post on a side note that some users that come posting here expect the things you get in a €250K simulator in a €39.99 game. That is of course not going to happen, no matter how much we improve the game.
Frank

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2010, 20:49:28 »

Hi Krisostend,

the K stands for 1000. Just like with the Y2K thing, if you remember that. Which stood for Year 2-thousand.

so.. he meant a 250.000 (250,000 as some write it) Euro simulator. And that's not Nautis either, that's the 'top notch commercial systems'.

Which is what some people expect this game to be or become, and that never happens, indeed.  :)

Fred

freeciv

• Forum member
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2010, 21:53:37 »

so.. he meant a 250.000 (250,000 as some write it) Euro simulator.

Do I need glasses, I thought I saw 250,000Euros.
  If my eyes aren't deceiving me, Holy ****! That almost the cost of my house in USD!!!   :o  :o  :o  :o  :o
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 23:28:37 by Mad_Fred »
Gone fishing            Thanks pdpx7 for the great sig!

austin14

« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2010, 22:39:02 »

soooo um. nothing about working on the performance issues for us who have FPS issues with decent computers?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines