Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 22:56:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Titanic in SSE  (Read 20458 times)

Conflict4ever

• Forum member
Titanic in SSE
« on: September 13, 2010, 10:46:34 »

I would like to see the Titanic in SSE, like in SS06 and SS08 becuase i think it's a very important element for the game.
Do you agree with me?

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
Re: Titanic in SSE
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 11:08:09 »

Hi Conflict4ever
First why is titanic so important to the game ?
Before all the titanic fans start screaming at me she has to be in the game there are allready
enought topics on this so I am not trying to start a post war this is my personal view.
The Titanic was in 2006 I enjoyed the missions with her but that was all
The same in 2008 I played and enjoyed the missions (the one made by marty was exellent)
I as a mission maker found very little to do with titanic regarding missions.
Extremes if she makes it in extremes a lot of people will be happy and I hope this happens for
them I know its what they want.

But my own personal thought is no she is not important to the game at all to me the ships
need to be able to be used  sherpa agile solution bugsier for example all ships people want
missions for.
                                                                                                Eric

jibemorel

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 13:22:35 »

Yep Titanic is just good to be sailed on a steady course in the middle of Atlantic, for the rest she is pretty useless (except to kill framerates). However she looks good.

Markus97

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 15:29:19 »

I would like to see the Titanic in SSE, like in SS06 and SS08 becuase i think it's a very important element for the game.
Do you agree with me?

Yes, I agree. I miss the Titanic and Elbe and all ships in Ship Simulator: New Horizonts.

I have e-mailed V-STEP and they say that the Titanic will come into SSE, but they don't know when. Next spring (2011), I guess!
And I hope that all add-on ships in SS08 will come into SSE, that's why I buy SSE for! For all ships and the new environments!

Regards,
Markus
Want to see "Ship Simulator"-videos and trailers in real full-HD? Click here!

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 16:30:30 »

Hoy,
I think the same,Titanic is a nice made model,however it is not "more"importent than the other vessels.
My idea would be to bring Titanic as a seporate program,however than you must be able to walk in every room were you wish.
Vstep was on the way to create it because in the very first version there were no stairways to walk in,i just think build it out.
Marc
N

shamuboy

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 21:51:15 »

Titanic and the ships of her time and past were THE original steam ships. C'mon. They are what gave people the idea of creating the new ugly ships and boats of our century. Titanic has so much importance it's almost magical! Bring her back in a patch or add on!

Birder

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 21:54:08 »

I watched several Youtubes before placing my order, according to the sales hype the Titanic should be in SSE

Youtube video, Jan 2010 but interview from August 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAWFnHKIX98

They clearly brag that the "Titanic is back"

goodles

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 22:01:58 »

I watched several Youtubes before placing my order, according to the sales hype the Titanic should be in SSE

Youtube video, Jan 2010 but interview from August 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAWFnHKIX98

They clearly brag that the "Titanic is back"

you never know it could come, just because ships are not in the game just now dose not mean they wont im sure there is a very good reason why its not just now  :thumbs:

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 23:45:26 »

It has been said several times around here, including by moderators, that she will be returning in Ship Simulator Extremes. It might be a few months, but she will return to her rightful place in the Ship Sim series: As a major gimmick :doh:

matt5674

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 23:50:38 »

Maybe with a few Easter Egg Modifications? Like Water cannon Cranes, Two collapsible life boats replaced with RHIB's, and maybe an easter egg where she on some occasions turns into a ghost :doh:

Puterboy1

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 21:21:51 »

I second the motion!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 21:29:32 »

SSE will probably be old by then. It'll probably be "ship sim 2013" by then :-S
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Smithacus

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 00:18:34 »

I'd lobby for the SS United States. But, if they do an old liner it'll probably be the Titanic as they've already got something to go off of to start with. Still...
If you name is not Rosie then stop counting rivets.

Titanic ship of dreams

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 14:15:52 »

Only reason i bought SSE was because of Titanic, and when i start up it's not even on there...I've played the game for about 20 minutes..

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 14:52:50 »

If any of you guy's forgoten how much the even touched peoples harts, listen to soundtracks, watch the movie, doco's even

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 15:18:47 »

Only reason i bought SSE was because of Titanic, and when i start up it's not even on there...I've played the game for about 20 minutes..

Hi there,

A quick read on the forums would have provided you with the answer. Why did you think she would of been in Extremes?
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 17:23:37 »

Yep Titanic is just good to be sailed on a steady course in the middle of Atlantic, for the rest she is pretty useless (except to kill framerates). However she looks good.

The Titanic is important for two reasons.

1. She is an icon of the Ship Simulator line up.

2. She attracts a great deal of maritime fans and enthusiasts - aka the people who purchase this product.

3. She is a example for new players to learn first-hand in a simulated since how much sailing and maritime operations has changed - she puts all the other ships in the game into a perspective.

Besides, the tug pilots need something to push around. Heh.  ;D
-Dave

Moderator, Ship Simulator Official Forums
Founder, The Ship Simulator New Vessel Design Group
Designer - Print, Branding, Fashion, Identity Systems

The New Vessel Design Group - Bringing gamers ideas to Ship Simulator

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 20:21:56 »

Yes and I need something to cure my insomnia.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Puterboy1

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 00:10:47 »

I agree because she is a piece of history.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 02:21:44 »

Why did you think she would of been in Extremes?
Besides the reasons listed above, I was also told by various mods leading up to the game's release that she "may or may not" be in the game at launch. Then I was told it would take as long as a month for her to be included. Then I was told that she would be the next vessel in the shipyard, after Sigita, that is, that she would be added in (presumably early) 2011. Then I was told she would be added on the centennial of her launch (Yesterday).

I kept on getting told that she would be getting added, and kept on finding postponement ::)

In my case, too, Titanic was the primary reason I bought Ship Simulator Extremes. I am still waiting here for her, and wondering what the latest developments on her are.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 02:25:23 by RMS Gigantic »

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 02:51:27 »

Same here, when I saw her in the distance, could not believe my eye

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 03:08:37 »

Can we get an official word from VSTEP on her progress, to put all of this gossip to rest?

Titanic ship of dreams

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 05:38:48 »

Hi there,

A quick read on the forums would have provided you with the answer. Why did you think she would of been in Extremes?

Cause she had been on the previous games. Why wouldent she be on Extremes?

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2011, 13:29:12 »

Besides the reasons listed above, I was also told by various mods leading up to the game's release that she "may or may not" be in the game at launch. Then I was told it would take as long as a month for her to be included. Then I was told that she would be the next vessel in the shipyard, after Sigita, that is, that she would be added in (presumably early) 2011. Then I was told she would be added on the centennial of her launch (Yesterday).

I kept on getting told that she would be getting added, and kept on finding postponement ::)

In my case, too, Titanic was the primary reason I bought Ship Simulator Extremes. I am still waiting here for her, and wondering what the latest developments on her are.

Nuff said

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2011, 13:38:28 »

RMS Gigantic,

As I said before, buying a game just because the chances of a certain ship 'might' make it into the game is not justified. The game has much more to do, and VSTEP NEVER mentioned that the Titanic was going to be in the game from release. Buying it on the off-chance is a silly thing to do.

You already have SS08 with Titanic, so why not go and play that?

Also, I don't recall a mod ever saying that the Titanic was ever to make it into the game yesterday (please feel free to post the quote saying so). Until VSTEP actually announces that the Titanic WILL be in Extremes, the better solution would be to assume it will not make it.
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines