Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 04:24:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Greenpeace/SS discussion  (Read 21948 times)

saltydog

• Forum member
Re: Greenpeace/SS discussion
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2010, 05:28:05 »

If only it were that simple, chris..I'm sure the Australian Navy could turn the whaling fleet, but I doubt they will..
I'm pretty pessimistic of the outcome of the conference in Agadir..Things will probably drag on for years to come..

Scottyk9

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2010, 05:40:20 »

The whaling commision did set a number of whales allowed to be killed in the whale sanctuary..
That number is 0..  Unfortunately they added a loophole called "for Research purposes"..
Under this guise the Japanese invade this internationally established sanctuary for profit..
This isn't really about Paul Watson and his amateur crew, nor about Sea Shepherd..
It's about Japan respecting international law..

Japan gets around the 0 quota with the research tag. They don't get around whaling where they do with that tag. They get around it by the Aussie goverment sitting on their hands and not giving a ****. Forcing a group of every day men who volunteer to do their job.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 08:12:52 by Mad_Fred »
Operation no compromise 2010-2011 Sea Shepherd anti-whaling campaign

Scottyk9

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2010, 05:42:14 »

Japan gets around the 0 quota with the research tag. They don't get around whaling where they do with that tag. They get around it by the Aussie goverment sitting on their hands and not giving a crap. Forcing a group of every day men who volunteer to do their job.

Let me add it disgusts me Obama is on with this compromise. He lost my re-election vote.

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2010, 06:02:15 »

you know we are forgetting one other The Australian Customs & Fisheries Patrol Department and thier ship the Oceanic Viking, They are Semi Violent and Are armed

You have to have seen her before scotty if you remember tell me where

Scottyk9

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2010, 06:25:48 »

you know we are forgetting one other The Australian Customs & Fisheries Patrol Department and thier ship the Oceanic Viking, They are Semi Violent and Are armed

You have to have seen her before scotty if you remember tell me where

The oceanic viking was sent to the southern ocean this past winter for pangarion tooth fish studies ( spelling ? )

More famously she was sent down in 2007 to pick up Pottsy ( the other members name escapes me ) after he Boarded the Shonan Maru #2 and was transfered from the viking to the SI.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2010, 06:28:25 »

It all boils down to: Japan is a strong economic power..Let's not upset them too much..

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2010, 06:29:43 »

It all boils down to: Japan is a strong economic power..Let's not upset them too much..

True

And Scotty

Benjamin Potts

and

Giles Lane

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2010, 06:33:09 »

Hoy,everyone
I follow this conversation some time from a distance,and its very interesting to.
I realy like the difference in ships compair to Greenpeace and Sea Shepherd org.
It seems that Greenpeace has a complete different approach to the problem than Sea Shepherd org.
I'm also against whaling no matter were its done on this planet,and we all know that it's a big lie that it only for science.
Japanese realy love fish(any fish)look to the tuna,that fish is also almost gone from the earth.And look at this problem a bit further to.
Japan is also one of the causes on the piracyproblem.One  guy from there gave an interview and said:Years ago we were fishing in our coastal area,and suplied fish for the local market,and made money.
Now when they put their nets into the water,big factory sized fishingvessels run over them that they loose alsot of gear and money.The local fishmarket has gone and also the fish now.
BTW,its not only the japanese,also spanish vessels go around the world.The problem is not only whaling it goes further you see.
One country is realy defend their fisherygrounds(area's)very strong,and thats Iceland.If any vessel is going near or cross the "border",navyships are there in a short time,and afther some warnings they even ram the intruder,no matter what.
Regards
Marc
N

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2010, 06:39:47 »

Hoy,everyone
I follow this conversation some time from a distance,and its very interesting to.
I realy like the difference in ships compair to Greenpeace and Sea Shepherd org.
It seems that Greenpeace has a complete different approach to the problem than Sea Shepherd org.
I'm also against whaling no matter were its done on this planet,and we all know that it's a big lie that it only for science.
Japanese realy love fish(any fish)look to the tuna,that fish is also almost gone from the earth.And look at this problem a bit further to.
Japan is also one of the causes on the piracyproblem.One  guy from there gave an interview and said:Years ago we were fishing in our coastal area,and suplied fish for the local market,and made money.
Now when they put their nets into the water,big factory sized fishingvessels run over them that they loose alsot of gear and money.The local fishmarket has gone and also the fish now.
BTW,its not only the japanese,also spanish vessels go around the world.The problem is not only whaling it goes further you see.
One country is realy defend their fisherygrounds(area's)very strong,and thats Iceland.If any vessel is going near or cross the "border",navyships are there in a short time,and afther some warnings they even ram the intruder,no matter what.
Regards
Marc

Wow I'm supprised to see you join into this converstion! You make a good point and its the same exact thought i had the other day what if WHaling Ships from Japan Crossed the Pacfic to the California coast and started to Kill our State Sea Animal the Grey Whale! My dad said im sure our coast guard Cutters (Bertholf and Boutwell) would be out there Shooting Warning Morters Across their Bow

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2010, 06:51:57 »

Yes, a lot of problems about fish..We are emptying the oceans, and also the other day I watched a docu about all the plastic in the oceans..It's a big problem..
I am sure the Japanese would not dare to venture into American waters..
In the Antarctic it is relatively safe.  No one to see what they do, except those pesky Sea Shepherds.. :)

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2010, 06:54:44 »

Yes, a lot of problems about fish..We are emptying the oceans, and also the other day I watched a docu about all the plastic in the oceans..It's a big problem..
I am sure the Japanese would not dare to venture into American waters..
In the Antarctic it is relatively safe.  No one to see what they do, except those pesky Sea Shepherds.. :)

Well What do yo think the we would do if they came into our waters?

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2010, 07:01:06 »

If your flag is your true colours, I would imagine you would give them a motivation to leave.. :)

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2010, 07:06:17 »

If your flag is your true colours, I would imagine you would give them a motivation to leave.. :)

I dont get it you mean like Shoot them

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2010, 07:10:26 »

That would be rude..There are more subtle ways of motivation, like asking/telling them.. ;)

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2010, 07:13:10 »

That would be rude..There are more subtle ways of motivation, like asking/telling them.. ;)

Rude and Harmful Lol, Yha that would work

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2010, 09:03:02 »

I hate whaling, really hate it. But what if tuna or cod becomes endangered? Will we stop eating it? I very much doubt it.

What if Japan wanted us to stop fishing? We're as bad as they are.
Almost never here, try here.

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2010, 09:04:21 »

I hate whaling, really hate it. But what if tuna or cod becomes endangered? Will we stop eating it? I very much doubt it.

What if Japan wanted us to stop fishing? We're as bad as they are.

But i mean whaling its not like we cast a line and go Hey Dad I caught a.... Fin Whale?

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2010, 09:07:38 »

No, I meant offshore fishing.

We are fishing the seas at a rate which is higher than the rate at which fish stocks replenish.

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2010, 09:08:21 »

well CA banned Salmon Fishing or was it tuna or Both IDK

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2010, 09:09:59 »

That's one place. Not enough.

We're in the same position, but with a different type of fish. It just happens that they catch big, blubbery ones.

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2010, 09:13:11 »

See im Fish Friendly I dont Fish or Eat Fish, I eat Sushi but rarely and its mostly California Rolls Rice, Cucumber and crab and sea-weed, Made by japaneese not my problem LOL

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2010, 09:15:46 »

See im Fish Friendly I dont Fish or Eat Fish, I eat Sushi but rarely and its mostly California Rolls Rice, Cucumber and crab and sea-weed, Made by japaneese not my problem LOL

?

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2010, 09:18:46 »

?

They killed the Fish, I ate it, Plus Crab in it not extinct

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2010, 09:23:45 »

Well, in eating it, you are supporting it.

Fine if it's not endangered, but if it is...

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2010, 09:25:55 »

Well, in eating it, you are supporting it.

Fine if it's not endangered, but if it is...

Ok..... Anyway, I dont eat Fish, I think the crab in it is Also Artificial so Maybe its Fake
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines