Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 02:48:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greenpeace/SS discussion  (Read 21947 times)

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
Re: Greenpeace/SS discussion
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2010, 20:06:27 »

Lol,  ;D Nicely put Fred.

Although people seem to confuse things a little. Sea Shepherd don't intentionally go " Ohhh!!! A whaling ship lets go full speed and ram it!!!"  It's just unfortunate that it's always the same...
-Steve Irwin draws up alongside the Shonan Maru
-Steve Irwin makes VHF announcement "You are here in these waters illegally"
-Shonan Maru doesn't listen

I stand by my point: Steve Irwin as a shipyard vessel, to not Ram ;) but intervene and then accidently get caught up by the Shonan Marus CRAAAZY captain!

-Steve Irwin shouldn't be anywhere near the Shonan Maru in the first place.
-The Steve Irwin has no authority to do anything, or question them. If the Shonan Maru was fishing illegally i'm sure people in high places wouldn't be overly impressed...
-Shonan Maru is fed up of being tormented by them. It's no surprise they do not listen.

Shonan Maru's crazy Captain? Have you seen Paul Watson?? Ramming other ships and claiming that something in his top pocket saved his life from gunfire? Don't think so...

There is no "confusion" about it. Sea Shep are interested in the cameras, and if the competancy of the crew and captain is anything to go by, I think it's fairly clear to say that there is a big problem...
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2010, 20:09:34 »

I disagree on that, but I'm not going into it any further  :)  I've expressed my views and I stand by them.
We all agree on something, or something different. That's fine.
I prefer different ways of intervention to get things stopped than other people, but hey we all have the same goal!

Regards

Matthew :thumbs:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 20:13:19 by Matthew Brown »

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2010, 21:08:20 »

As i see whale wares on television,i have to say.
That also Fred has right,the captain of the Steve Irwin,is not realy thinking of his crew,when he starts to act.
It's been on tele many times now,everybody  could see.
If you also listen to the captain when he says something about safety,well actions come before safety.
Ramming vessels is not realy the way to do something against whaling to.On this matter also the icelandic navy does do ramming to other fishingvessels,afther several warnings.In a way it's the same as Sea Sheperd.
Some day it will go wrong on the Steve Irwin,if he keep on doing like he's doing.Who will take responsability than,captain Paul??his first mate,witch i will never trust,if i see him doing.
I think they should take some more experienced people onboard,instead of students.
Thanks to the first mate,the zodiac turned upside down while launching,i dont know if you have seen it,second time the first mate needed to steer trough an icefield,and he could not understand the degrees/heading from his crewmembers.However he blames everytime someone else.These are not the people i want on a boat with.
Marc
N

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2010, 21:54:59 »

Ok all i have to Say Matt is that when you first joined this forum you where in love with the Esperanza you even asked to be On Greenpeace Virtual Captains as her joint captain and you loved Greenpeace and you thought they were better than SS

Now youve turned into the Major SS Fan with all these fact well all i have to say is Good Luck because SS Ships will probrably not be In SSE thats Pretty much it

Fred is right get your facts into place, before you post!

Also i think that SS Virtual and Greenpeace Virtual might be in a competition Now i dont know why but i think its coming

Sea Shepherd Virtual (Not owned by Me) Mathew Browns Virtual Company

http://seashepherd.forumotion.com/

Greenpeace Virtual

http://www.greenpeacevirtual.com/forum.htm
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 22:01:05 by MVEsperanza »

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2010, 22:18:09 »

I didn't like the fact that organisations got mixed with shipsim in the first place.

Shipsim used to be about manoeuvering big and small ships, it still should be!
Not about a campaign about illegal fishing on whales. I think a lot of people don't even care about the whales, they just care about a black ship ramming other ships and that is 'cool'. Or blue ship that you see on television.

Luckily there still are other campaigns in the game, but I think the Greenpeace campaign is allready pulling to much attention.

In my eyes, this is just like the Titanic fans. They care the most about only one thing.
And that is their ship being in the game.

Now it is about Sea Sheperd or Greenpeace.

I hold my heart for multiplayer ::)

Scottyk9

• Forum member
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2010, 23:03:32 »

Ok all i have to Say Matt is that when you first joined this forum you where in love with the Esperanza you even asked to be On Greenpeace Virtual Captains as her joint captain and you loved Greenpeace and you thought they were better than SS

Now youve turned into the Major SS Fan with all these fact well all i have to say is Good Luck because SS Ships will probrably not be In SSE thats Pretty much it

Fred is right get your facts into place, before you post!

Also i think that SS Virtual and Greenpeace Virtual might be in a competition Now i dont know why but i think its coming

Sea Shepherd Virtual (Not owned by Me) Mathew Browns Virtual Company

http://seashepherd.forumotion.com/

Greenpeace Virtual

http://www.greenpeacevirtual.com/forum.htm

I'm staying out of the middle of this one and going free-lance lol.
Operation no compromise 2010-2011 Sea Shepherd anti-whaling campaign

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2010, 23:51:09 »

The Esperanza is Not on TV

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2010, 00:00:23 »

The Esperanza is Not on TV
I think your missing the point Devin...and I agree to a certain extent. Its neat to be able to captain REAL vessels, however with the whole organizations/competitors being mixed it as sam said we may have 'forgotten' the true point of ship SIMULATOR

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 05:25:36 by Mad_Fred »

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2010, 06:18:58 »

I think your missing the point Devin...and I agree to a certain extent. Its neat to be able to captain REAL vessels, however with the whole organizations/competitors being mixed it as sam said we may have 'forgotten' the true point of ship SIMULATOR

Your rught, Ok after all this is Ship Simulator there is nothing we can do to stop GP Ships from being put into the game realy, or even adding Sea Shepherd Ships in game its all up to Vstep, not us! We can give ideas and Suggestions but when it comes down to it they make the decissions.

So Back on topic Everyone talk peacefully amongst our selves and keep it in Order! So Greenpeace and Sea Shepherd I wanna take a vote and dont get All riled up..

Whos Ships are better

Greenpeace?

or..

Sea Shepherd

I choose Greenpeace for these Reasons take a look:

Comparing:

MV Esperanza: Ice Class 2nd Rate, Expedition Class, Long Range Better Fuel Economy, economically efficient propulsion system to reduce CO2 emissions 5 RIBS, Helicopter Capable, 2 × 2,938 bhp, 16 knots

MY Steve Irwin: No Ice Classification, Island class patrol vessel (Not meant for Long Range [hence why they have to return to Hobart for fuel allot]), 2 Ribs, Helicopter Capable, 2 x 2,100 bhp, 16.5 knots

MV Arctic Sunrise: Ice Classification, Research Vessel, 4 ribs, Helicopter Capable, 13 knots

MY Bob Barker: Ice Classification, Ex-Whaler,2 RIBS, Helicopter Capable, 20+ Knots

SV Rainbow Warrior III: Ice Class (Maybe), Expedition/Research, 10 knots, Helicopter capable, Sail Powered (ultimate Green), Electric Back Up Generator

RV Farley Mowat: Ice Class, Helicopter Capable, 2 RIBS (I dont know if theres 1 but ill say two)

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2010, 06:56:05 »

I don't really consider myself going off-topic.

I don't realy like greenpeace and certeighnly not Sea Shepherd.

I just like the game without them!
But now Greenpeace is in, its not bad offcourse. I just know that to much people will keep on having arguments about Greenpeace and/or Greenpeace. So I hope not to much attention will be put into them.
Like in ss08 people started to get annoyed from Titanic fans asking for to much.

Scottyk9

• Forum member
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2010, 09:07:59 »

Your rught, Ok after all this is Ship Simulator there is nothing we can do to stop GP Ships from being put into the game realy, or even adding Sea Shepherd Ships in game its all up to Vstep, not us! We can give ideas and Suggestions but when it comes down to it they make the decissions.

So Back on topic Everyone talk peacefully amongst our selves and keep it in Order! So Greenpeace and Sea Shepherd I wanna take a vote and dont get All riled up..

Whos Ships are better

Greenpeace?

or..

Sea Shepherd

I choose Greenpeace for these Reasons take a look:

You do realize it's comparing apples to oranges right ?

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2010, 09:43:27 »

You do realize it's comparing apples to oranges right ?

I would say terrorists to campaigners myself. I think a lot of seamen would agree.
Almost never here, try here.

Scottyk9

• Forum member
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2010, 12:45:37 »

I would say terrorists to campaigners myself. I think a lot of seamen would agree.

I wasn't comparing the 2 organizations in terms of their tactics you narrow minded ****.

But since your on the subject, at least it gets results. Damn good ones at that.

Edited for language - Fred
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 13:00:32 by Mad_Fred »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2010, 13:02:32 »

Well, you all have scotty to thank for once again getting this particular subject shut down.

Topic locked, and any new 'GP vs. SS' discussions are off limits, we will delete them again from now on.

There always are some that do not want to play nice, and this game is not about the domestic issues of a couple of environmental organisations.

When well informed arguement does not come into it any more, and the namecalling starts again, we draw the line again.

Regards,
Fred
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines