Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 06:47:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Greenpeace/SS discussion  (Read 21949 times)

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
Re: Ugh Greenpeace
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 03:38:21 »

Or Gilato

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2010, 04:18:38 »

Perhaps throwing lots of Spaghetti Bolognese on the ship is their secret weapon..
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 04:21:36 by saltydog »

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2010, 04:22:58 »

LOL, Now lets stop insulting Italians Before we get in trouble!  ;)

I Have a New Signiture what do you think

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2010, 04:24:17 »

I like it.. ;D

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2010, 04:26:15 »

DO sense Sarcasm or is this true you like it

matt5674

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2010, 04:35:01 »

Looks like this topic is a bit of a war against Greenpeace fan Devin (MVEsperanza) and Sea Shepherd fan Scotty (Scottyk9).  :o ::) And it looks like bystanders were caught in it :doh: :lol:

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2010, 04:39:48 »

Looks like this topic is a bit of a war against Greenpeace fan Devin (MVEsperanza) and Sea Shepherd fan Scotty (Scottyk9).  :o ::) And it looks like bystanders were caught in it :doh: :lol:

LOL  THats what it was going to be but now its resolved I think  :2thumbs:

Scottyk9

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2010, 01:07:00 »

We're both looking for the same result.

And too GP's credit they have been ballsy in their tuna missions which has been nice to see and they are returning to the arctic next winter. Regardless of what they do having GP and SS down there spreads the Japanese thin having to worry about both groups. That can only lead to more whales saved.

The best results would be for SS and GP to work together even in short amounts of time. Hopefully some day it gets to that =)
Operation no compromise 2010-2011 Sea Shepherd anti-whaling campaign

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2010, 08:36:25 »

They could do alot more if they both partnered also check your PM's Scotty

Sjoerd92

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2010, 09:26:12 »

Hey Esperanza,

I would like to join Greenpeace Virtual in SSE.
Sounds like a awesome idea!

Are you going te make a own online server?
And stuff like that?

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2010, 19:18:21 »

Hey Esperanza,

I would like to join Greenpeace Virtual in SSE.
Sounds like a awesome idea!

Are you going te make a own online server?
And stuff like that?

Yes we have done that before, we hosted servers in France, San Fran and Phi Phi

Jammy

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2010, 22:55:44 »

This encounter is even more evidence why Sea Shepherd's ships should be in SS10, and not Greenpeace's. It's evident Sea Shepherd do more, especially seeing as Greenpeace no longer go into the southern oceans to fight the whalers anymore so why have Greenpeace and a whaling ship in the game?

But more on topic, kudos to Sea Shepherd freeing 800 illegal tuna, and kudos to Greenpeace for getting injured and refusing to be photographed, good old Greenpeace you never disappoint!

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2010, 00:08:47 »

Greenpeace no longer go into the southern oceans

EGHHHHHHHENT WRONG, They are returning!

And two Reasons i think Greenpeace Ships are Better than Sea Shepherd Ships Lets See Why

Comparing:

MV Esperanza: Ice Class 2nd Rate, Expedition Class, Long Range Better Fuel Economy, economically efficient propulsion system to reduce CO2 emissions 5 RIBS, Helicopter Capable, 2 × 2,938 bhp, 16 knots

MY Steve Irwin: No Ice Classification, Island class patrol vessel (Not meant for Long Range [hence why they have to return to Hobart for fuel allot]), 2 Ribs, Helicopter Capable, 2 x 2,100 bhp, 16.5 knots

MV Arctic Sunrise: Ice Classification, Research Vessel, 4 ribs, Helicopter Capable, 13 knots

MY Bob Barker: Ice Classification, Ex-Whaler,2 RIBS, Helicopter Capable, 20+ Knots

SV Rainbow Warrior III: Ice Class (Maybe), Expedition/Research, 10 knots, Helicopter capable, Sail Powered (ultimate Green), Electric Back Up Generator

RV Farley Mowat: Ice Class, Helicopter Capable, 2 RIBS (I dont know if theres 1 but ill say two)

Scottyk9

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2010, 00:39:17 »

EGHHHHHHHENT WRONG, They are returning!

And two Reasons i think Greenpeace Ships are Better than Sea Shepherd Ships Lets See Why

Comparing:

MV Esperanza: Ice Class 2nd Rate, Expedition Class, Long Range Better Fuel Economy, economically efficient propulsion system to reduce CO2 emissions 5 RIBS, Helicopter Capable, 2 × 2,938 bhp, 16 knots

MY Steve Irwin: No Ice Classification, Island class patrol vessel (Not meant for Long Range [hence why they have to return to Hobart for fuel allot]), 2 Ribs, Helicopter Capable, 2 x 2,100 bhp, 16.5 knots

MV Arctic Sunrise: Ice Classification, Research Vessel, 4 ribs, Helicopter Capable, 13 knots

MY Bob Barker: Ice Classification, Ex-Whaler,2 RIBS, Helicopter Capable, 20+ Knots

SV Rainbow Warrior III: Ice Class (Maybe), Expedition/Research, 10 knots, Helicopter capable, Sail Powered (ultimate Green), Electric Back Up Generator

RV Farley Mowat: Ice Class, Helicopter Capable, 2 RIBS (I dont know if theres 1 but ill say two)

Ugh just when I was starting not to totally hate GP they go and do this...

JUST over two years after Greenpeace last ran direct action against Japanese whaling in the Antarctic, the environmental organisation has joined calls for a deal - even if it is hard to digest.

The world's original anti-whaling group has signed on to a joint statement, with the World Wildlife Fund and the influential US Pew Environment Group, that would allow commercial whaling in the northern hemisphere.

In exchange, it wants ''a phase-out of all whaling in the [Antarctic's] Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary'', said Greenpeace oceans campaign head Sarah Duthie.

Greenpeace's change of heart surprised some. ''I think they're kidding themselves,'' said Darren Kindleysides, the director of the Australian Marine Conservation Society, in Agadir yesterday. ''They are giving up on the moratorium on global commercial whaling.''

But on the eve of what Environment Minister Peter Garrett forecast would be the single most important International Whaling Commission meeting in 30 years, the Greenpeace shift signified a spreading mood for compromise.

The outcome will not necessarily favour Greenpeace, or Australia, which wants a five-year phase-out of all Antarctic whaling.

In a split from previous trans-Tasman solidarity, New Zealand is being praised by a pro-whaling source for its ''true leadership'' in trying with the United States to broker a deal Japan could accept.

A key negotiator is former NZ prime minister Sir Geoffrey Palmer, whose work on the compromise began three years ago with the Pew Foundation in a meeting at the UN in New York.

He will be joined by more high-level ministers and officials at the IWC's 62nd annual meeting than ever before, in another pointer to a deal being made.

Japan's delegation will be led by the director-general of its powerful Fisheries Agency, Katsuhiro Machida, and vice-minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Yasue Funayama.

They will build on a proposal first put forward by the Chilean IWC chairman, Cristian Maquieira, who suggested 400 minke whales and 10 fin whales could be taken in the Antarctic for the next five years, in a total global commercial hunt of 1312 whales.

This is 200 whales fewer than were harpooned last year around the world through loopholes in the 24-year commercial whaling moratorium. In Japan's case, it would mean a cut of about 100 whales on last summer's protest-disrupted Antarctic hunt, and better than a halving of the 935-whale ''scientific'' quota it awards itself.

Tokyo argues that now it has made the tough decisions, it's time for Australia to make some too. But Mr Garrett said Australia was not alone in its hardline opposition, with Latin American and many European countries agreeing.

NO COMPROMISE, NO WHALING.

Not a attack against you MVEsperanza... just ugh... all the yrs of work and the progress just for GP to want to throw it out ?

Either way SS will be in the Arctic next yr.

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2010, 00:42:47 »

But you do know that im sure they are setting them up! They are going to say have whaling in the Northern Hemisphere and we can Intervine Maybe, but my reasons why Sea Shepherd Ship are not as Good as Greenpeace Ships are true

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2010, 00:44:35 »

"Two whaling officials at Japan's Fisheries Agency, which sets the national agenda on whaling issues, said the country will not give up its Antarctic hunts, with one calling them "crucial". Makoto Ito, managing director of Kyodo Senpaku, the company that runs the annual Antarctic hunt, said he didn't think they should end, as "we need to collect more data".

http://news.scotsman.com/world/Nations-set-to-go-into.6373401.jp

Scottyk9

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2010, 00:45:51 »

But you do know that im sure they are setting them up! They are going to say have whaling in the Northern Hemisphere and we can Intervine Maybe, but my reasons why Sea Shepherd Ship are not as Good as Greenpeace Ships are true

It's hard to set them up, Most northern hemisphere whaling will be done in the respected countries territorial waters, which neither SS or GP can enter.

And yes, of course GP has the better ships their budget is 20x over what SS could ever muster up. Greenpeace is very much corporate.

Scottyk9

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2010, 00:48:49 »

Also for the record the Farley Mowat is no longer a SS ship. The Canadian goverment sold it after impounding it ( with pauls premission )it wasn't suitable for more missions

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2010, 00:51:19 »

"Two whaling officials at Japan's Fisheries Agency, which sets the national agenda on whaling issues, said the country will not give up its Antarctic hunts, with one calling them "crucial". Makoto Ito, managing director of Kyodo Senpaku, the company that runs the annual Antarctic hunt, said he didn't think they should end, as "we need to collect more data".

http://news.scotsman.com/world/Nations-set-to-go-into.6373401.jp

DATA WHAT DATA, there sales revenue? They're only making money! Good Greenpeace's Proposal didn't work you can go back to liking GP again Scotty, So now they will return to the Southern Whaling Sanctuary This Year! Maybe next season of whale wars they will see a Greenpeace Ship In it! So Get ready Sea Shepherd the 2nd Calvary is on the Way!

And yes, of course GP has the better ships their budget is 20x over what SS could ever muster up. Greenpeace is very much corporate.

Thank you you agree

Also for the record the Farley Mowat is no longer a SS ship. The Canadian goverment sold it after impounding it ( with pauls premission )it wasn't suitable for more missions

Oh ok thats why she wasnt in SS Whale Wars! I thought she was off on her own campaign for Anti-Sealing

Scottyk9

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2010, 00:54:43 »

DATA WHAT DATA, there sales revenue? They're only making money! Good Greenpeace's Proposal didn't work you can go back to liking GP again Scotty, So now they will return to the Southern Whaling Sanctuary This Year! Maybe next season of whale wars they will see a Greenpeace Ship In it! So Get ready Sea Shepherd the 2nd Calvary is on the Way!

Thank you you agree

Oh ok thats why she wasnt in SS Whale Wars! I thought she was off on her own campaign for Anti-Sealing

Just having you guys down there will help. Keep the pressure on the Japanese and hopefully help keep a tail off us lol

The Bob Barker and Steve Irwin will be returning next winter. A 3rd ship is in the works but not much is known about it  it wont be another ady gil / earth race type ship not enough time to get one built but Ady Gil himself is funding a sister ship for later down the road.

SS has a ace up it's sleeve also, SS member Peter Brown has started a group of his own to take to the skies within the 200 mile austrailan EZZ. Hopefully will be able to spot the tail that Japan usually has waiting outside the EZZ and the Steve Irwin can avoid it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 01:00:17 by Scottyk9 »

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2010, 00:58:53 »

Just having you guys down there will help. Keep the pressure on the Japanese and hopefully help keep a tail off us lol

The Bob Barker and Steve Irwin will be returning next winter. A 3rd ship is in the works but not much is known about it  it wont be another ady gil / earth race type ship not enough time to get one built but Ady Gil himself is funding a sister ship for later down the road.

HUH Cool, Hopedfully in the 2011 Campaign we will have the RWIII with us

saltydog

• Forum member
Re: Greenpeace/SS discussion
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2010, 03:27:12 »

It would seem Greenpeace leans towards going along with the compromise that allows Japan to catch a limited number of whales in the Antarctic for a number of years..
That's like saying:

African Park Guard:  "Sorry, you can't shoot elephants here, they are protected"..
Japanese Hunter:    "But my people have eaten elephant meat for centuries, it is part of our culture.
                            Besides, after we kill them we also do research on them"..
African Park Guard:  "Research ?   What do you research ?"
Japanese Hunter:    "We research if they taste differently from former years"
African Park Guard:  "Well, if you promise to kill only 20 instead of your intended 100, I guess it's ok"..
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 04:11:35 by saltydog »

cptnchris

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 03:46:56 »

I wrote a debate paper in English class bout whaling. Basically my conclusion was, that whaling won't be stopped completely, until the International Whale Commission lowers the amount of whales that are aloud to be killed, step by step lowering every year. Greenpeace, I like. They are UN-violent, peaceful, and do not hurt the whalers in any way. Sea Shepard on the other hand in my opinion has gone to far. They have done ridicules things that are pretty much, all their fault, they are more violent. If you were a whaling worker, trying to make a living in japan to raise your family, and then Big o' Mr. Watson drives up and starts throwing some stuff on your deck that smells horrible and you are slipping all over the place etc. etc. etc. and ruins your day. I think Sea Shepard captain Paul Watson is just mad that he got fired from Greenpeace, and is trying to overpower them now. Greenpeace is better. Maybe he should have learned from why he got fired, HE'S TO VIOLENT!

Uh, thanks bye.  ;D

P.S. I know this kinda doesn't really go with topic but i had to get it out ;P

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2010, 05:05:20 »

The whaling commision did set a number of whales allowed to be killed in the whale sanctuary..
That number is 0..  Unfortunately they added a loophole called "for Research purposes"..
Under this guise the Japanese invade this internationally established sanctuary for profit..
This isn't really about Paul Watson and his amateur crew, nor about Sea Shepherd..
It's about Japan respecting international law..

cptnchris

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2010, 05:10:50 »

I see. Well why can't a government go to the whaling companies and just shut them down then!?! Then theirs the illegal whaling going on, but at least not the big commercial whaling industries..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines