Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 11:12:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: First bridge interior screenshots released for Ship Simulator Extremes  (Read 33115 times)

clanky

• Forum member

That is why I say that there shouldn't be to much instruments.
It is to much for a normal person who plays the game.

I think that that would be much to difficult. Biceaus you have to know a lot about ship stability and pumping ballast takes a couple of hours.

The developers are doing a great job. They are not making it to difficult but still interesting enough.
Working winches is something I would be more happy about.

^^^This

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member

Yeah, that would be cool!  ;D
Everything what is connected with Ocean Star is cool...  ;D

EDIT: in some way, that's true...
But Ship Sim is also a game where we are learning, so we can learn something from this game, the more options we got, that much we will learn, because we will need to learn it if we want to ride a ship...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 22:13:48 by Captain. Mitch »

Sam

• Forum member

You want to ride a ship?  ;D

Before you are able to operate those instruments you most learn a lot of theory. So I would start by buying a lot of books  :P

All the instruments that you need to navigate a ship are allready in the game!
If you really want to sail a ship, get some paper charts and use the instruments you allready have.
You have a gps, with wich you can plot positions into a chart. And maybe, in ss extremes, you can take bearings and distances on your radar.
I think that that is the most important! And not looking at some screens and pushing some buttons.

But you keep saying, 'I want more instruments.', but wich instruments?

RMS Canada

• Forum member

Incredible details.
All ahead full!

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member

There are some instruments in this topic already before...

But you'r right...
Maybe it would be to dificult to enjoy simulator with al these instruments, a lot of us are not a captain.

I would like to sail the ship... But there are some problem, first i need a lot of expirience, second is my eye problem, and first i should ride a boat and then to sail a ship...

I wanto to ride the boat so badly!!!! But i'm only 15. My mother is calling me on the cellphone every 5 minutes when i'm going on an Island wich is 5 km away from shore...
How should she react if i'm riding the boat... she don't let me to go in the boat school... i'l need to wait my 18... :'(

I love to sail boats very much...
Year ago, we had an speedboat, my dad gave me to ride it sometimes... i enjoyed very MUCH!
But we sold it last summer  :-[ :-[

But in a speedboat there are 5 instruments maybe... and on the ship there are a lot more instruments, and for that how you are sayng the book is necessary!

Kind regards.
Capt. Mitch

JHB

• Forum member

Those instruments would only become a part of a PRO-version anyway. I doubt that VSTEP would make a standard version of this game with sophisticated accurate bridge instrumentation. If they did, oh well...they need to attach a 500 pages manual at least for operating all the knobs and buttons, screen menus etc.

What would be interesting is to simplify those advanced instruments to something easier, virtual reality but not as sophisticated as the real instruments, you know what I'm saying?

Now, Flight Simulator got almost full simulated cockpits with all the knobs and buttons that you may operate (I'm not saying that you can operate it all!), so I don't see a note at the FSX packages where they 'require you to be a real flight captain before buying this simulator'. That sounds ridiculous. Anything can be learned, and you don't land a B737 just like that in FSX first time you run this game, it needs some practice and knowledge if you are going to land that aircraft "in a pro way", at least - don't forget to activate the landing gear :p

In the mean time after SSE maybe VSTEP can go for other controls or simple things like adjustable search lights, mast light patterns to control the lights, or even cargo handling for cargo ships, virtual passenger transportation using ships with car decks and where you operate the hatches, mooring gear etc. 

Autosail would be nice feature, at open sea, if you are sailing a route plotted at the chart and there is no way to set the sim rate (like making the time go two times faster). :)

McGherkin

• Forum member

Those instruments would only become a part of a PRO-version anyway. I doubt that VSTEP would make a standard version of this game with sophisticated accurate bridge instrumentation. If they did, oh well...they need to attach a 500 pages manual at least for operating all the knobs and buttons, screen menus etc.

You should see the amount of documentation for Orbiter...
Almost never here, try here.

JHB

• Forum member

You should see the amount of documentation for Orbiter...

I've seen it :P

oceandream

• Forum member

There are some instruments in this topic already before...

But you'r right...
Maybe it would be to dificult to enjoy simulator with al these instruments, a lot of us are not a captain.

I would like to sail the ship... But there are some problem, first i need a lot of expirience, second is my eye problem, and first i should ride a boat and then to sail a ship...

I wanto to ride the boat so badly!!!! But i'm only 15. My mother is calling me on the cellphone every 5 minutes when i'm going on an Island wich is 5 km away from shore...
How should she react if i'm riding the boat... she don't let me to go in the boat school... i'l need to wait my 18... :'(

I love to sail boats very much...
Year ago, we had an speedboat, my dad gave me to ride it sometimes... i enjoyed very MUCH!
But we sold it last summer  :-[ :-[

But in a speedboat there are 5 instruments maybe... and on the ship there are a lot more instruments, and for that how you are sayng the book is necessary!

Kind regards.
Capt. Mitch
Sam is wright.
Captain mitch the books are required due learning how to use the instruments and swichtes in the correct.
in the newer simulators to train to become a captain alot of op people  think they know what there doing but they are doing it completely wrong.

even last year...the  time when i went on the boeing 777 simulator i thought large planes require maximum power on take off.
and how wrong i was, i heard the large 777's require 81% of there power for take off.
And that happend cause i did not finish learning my lessons from flying

So captain mitch i suggest the books to learn from them
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 20:50:58 by oceandream »

Join Greenpeace virtual today
We need more members too keep out forum active

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member

You'r right.  ;D

Sjoerd92

• Forum member

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers

Eh, its spelled "right"  :thumbs:

not being offensive, but it sounds like Sjoerd92 tries to correct Mitch  :)

Back to subject...

I think it should be on the right level, more controls are nice, but to many will make it to hard for new players, and the game will lose many players that ain't really shipfans
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 21:35:43 by Tomaten »
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

oceandream

• Forum member

and maybe there be "LEVELS" in sse?
Beginner
Intermade
Advanced
and last but not least Expert.

Tomaten do you agree or disagree

Join Greenpeace virtual today
We need more members too keep out forum active

McGherkin

• Forum member

I like the current rankings, myself... But maybe more realistic...

Tea Boy
Tea Boy
Tea Boy
Tea Boy
Tea Boy
Tea Drinker.
Almost never here, try here.

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers

and maybe there be "LEVELS" in sse?
Beginner
Intermade
Advanced
and last but not least Expert.

Tomaten do you agree or disagree

That's one way to go, and it's quite nice accurately, but it may result in problems during MP.

//Tomaten  :P
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member

I think the main overall thing that would be nice would be to have more functions - and things to actually do whilst you are onboard/in port. Or something to keep the people who like to be always doing something busy.

For me personally I think it would be nice to have VHF Radio...the only problem being is that some people may not wish to use it, and might cause problems with communication in that sense...

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

JHB

• Forum member

At least, bring us a working coffee machine, with working buttons (and yeah, I like tea too). :thumbs:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines