Hello Guest September 21, 2024, 10:57:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Waltzing Matilda  (Read 18395 times)

Jammy

• Forum member
Re: Waltzing Matilda
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2010, 21:52:28 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfgPgnyX0ak&feature=player_embedded

A video before the Ady Gil was rammed, it proves that the attack by the Shonan Maru No. 2 was unprovoked, and that it had plenty of room but instead was turning towards the Ady Gil for a collision. Although from this video it is hard to tell whose fault it was at the last second.

PS: I notice the other topic was deleted, that's why I'm posting this here.

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2010, 21:57:49 »

ow! But I don't think that the Ady Gil is any less to blame, as the other videos show her surging forward prior to impact.
Almost never here, try here.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2010, 22:01:13 »

Yes, McG is correct on that... Taking each video in isolation will not help.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2010, 22:02:13 »

Here's another video of the Ady Gil when she was in one piece...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4sKyKh4AC8&NR=1

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2010, 22:03:12 »

She was trying to get out of the way..You can't seriously think she was trying to ram the Japanese ship..

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2010, 22:04:55 »

She was trying to get out of the way..You can't seriously think she was trying to ram the Japanese ship..

You can't seriously think it was making much effort to get out the way either.

I wouldn't put it past them to let the ship get hit just for the publicity. These people are quite, quite mad.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2010, 22:05:47 »

I wouldn't put it past them

EDIT: too late, Stu strikes again

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2010, 22:07:37 »

So she was sitting there waiting to be rammed for publicity..? Pull the other one..

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2010, 22:08:49 »

So she was sitting there waiting to be rammed for publicity..? Pull the other one..

SD, I have a high regard for you and your posts. So I really do not want to start an arguement with you at all.

So I won't hold your innocent naivety against you  ;D

Jammy

• Forum member
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2010, 22:09:11 »

You can't seriously think it was making much effort to get out the way either.

I wouldn't put it past them to let the ship get hit just for the publicity. These people are quite, quite mad.

You think they would waste $2,000,000 and put their crew in danger just for publicity? The boarding thing two years ago might of, but that didn't cost $2,000,000 and the two crew members were in full consent.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 22:11:01 by Jammy »

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2010, 22:10:26 »

Thank you for your kindness Stu, I won't hold your innocent naivety against you either.. :)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2010, 22:11:32 »

Thank you for your kindness Stu, I won't hold your innocent naivety against you either.. :)

I would hardly call me innocent or naive. Old and cynical, perhaps?

You think they would waste $2,000,000 and put their crew in danger just for publicity? The boarding thing two years ago might of, but that didn't cost $2,000,000 and the two crew members were in full consent.
Like I said. Quite, quite mad. It is either that or total incompetence.  YOU choose which then?

Jammy

• Forum member
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2010, 22:17:00 »

Like I said. Quite, quite mad. It is either that or total incompetence.  YOU choose which then?

I choose neither, if Sea Shepherd are to blame for anything, it would be a spur of the moment gone wrong. When a giant ice enforced ship is heading towards you, you don't think which direction you're going as long as you're going in some direction to get out of the way! Of course this changed when the Shonan Maru No. 2 changed course to port heading back into the Ady Gil's bow, that's where it went wrong.
Now you can't see any of those crew are incompetent, when there's 2 ex-policemen, 1 ex-navy and a professional fireman, the rest would be the camera crew presumably. What qualifications does the whalers have that make them more competent?

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2010, 22:18:40 »

Thats a fast manouverable boat; it could have moved if they tried

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2010, 22:21:59 »

You are so full of it..Go and read some more fairy tales..

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2010, 22:59:17 »

Thats a fast manouverable boat; it could have moved if they tried

Even if it does only go forward and has no reverse gears. They could have seen a giant harpoon vessel heading towards them and moved forward. Seems like they wanted to scare the japanese but didn't move fast enough.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2010, 00:24:11 »

You are so full of it..Go and read some more fairy tales..

Don't be so damned rude. I have gone out of my way to show you elaborate courtesy even though your opinions are tripe. :P
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 00:45:18 by Stuart2007 »

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2010, 01:19:00 »

We used to have a Clothes Washing Machine we called Waltzing Matilda, I earned the name because whenever it ran it walked across the floor for several yards before it disconnected it's self from the wall. :doh:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2010, 09:15:30 »

No the last video shows the crew just chilling before they where rammed !

Look how fast the harpoon boat arrives at the Ady Gill, the lads were just having a laugh and this boat blatantly turns up , turns towards them and turns the hoses on , what more proof do you need than this video .This could have been a murder case ....

Having a laugh? Having a laugh? Didn't someone here say they are a responsible crew of experienced people? ::)

No offence, Cawky. But I really do think people are biased with regards to blame based on their opinion of whaling. There are causes that I agree with in principle, but whose methodology is unacceptable.

TJK

« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2010, 10:19:27 »

From a Norwegian news paper
http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/artikkel.php?artid=586408

And they use pirate flag to, well this tell how serious this  organization "Sea Shepherd " really are, hide behind another country's flag  

The Norwegian flag is one of the newest weapons to the controversial organization Sea Shepherd to try to prevent whaling.

The organization ended up in the media spotlight earlier this week when one of their ship was crushed by Japanese whalers.

The Japanese have accused the organization of trying to sabotage them, while Sea Shepherd believes the Japanese engaged in illegal whaling.

On their website, type your organization how a Norwegian whaling ship is bought in to action against whaling, and that they also use the Norwegian flag to win the Japanese trust

http://www.dagbladet.no/2010/01/09/nyheter/hvalfangst/sea_shepherd/9840317/
Foreign Ministry protests against the environmental activists of Sea Shepherd sailed under the Norwegian flag in the confrontation with Japanese whalers in the Southern Ocean earlier this week.
Sea Shepherd ship Bob Barker met with Japanese whalers in Southern Ocean Wednesday, and tried to fool the Japanese by using the Norwegian flag, writes Aftenposten.

- The Norwegian flag fluttered in the cold Antarctic air, and the silhouette of the whaling ship signaled that the vessel was sent to support the Japanese whalers, Sea Shepherd writes on its website.

Norwegian Penal Code states that it is illegal to sail under false flags.

"Registrar of Ships as unjustified causes a Norwegian flag or other Norwegian nationality mark, or in Norwegian waters, leading some flag or nationality note that he is not entitled to be punished by fines or imprisonment up to 1 year", it says in the Penal Code section 423

State Department now has on this basis, designed a protest letter to Sea Shepherd.

- We have written a letter in which we make it very clear that we do not appreciate such a misuse of the Norwegian flag, "said Communications Bjorn Svenungsen in UD.

The letter was sent Friday. Svenungsen confirm that Sea Shepherds conduct is punishable.

- This law applies regardless of the waters Mon contained in, and regardless of nationality,
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 10:58:00 by TJK »

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2010, 13:56:20 »

No, Cawky and this is where you are getting matters wrong. NO ONE here, not even me, can issue statements of 'blatant fact'.

Perhaps this pointless exercise of each of us repeating our viewpoints is futile and we should await the outcome of the legal challenge in the Dutch courts.

I would say that sscs really will need better arguements than "we were blatantly rammed, M'Lord". I'm afraid that senior judges in all 'proper' countries will rarely be influenced by whether or not they LIKE each party!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2010, 14:09:55 »

Perhaps, Cawky, if you were to read my posts you will see that I am not saying that at all.

However, this is becoming really boring repeating the same thing, so if you will forgive me, I just simply agree with whatever you are saying about everything and anything. I am totally wrong, you're right.

I'm sure that the Judge in the compensation trial will be equally bored by it :)

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2010, 17:06:07 »

I have a feeling that whoever supports the party the judge rules against will moan that the judge ruled wrong.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2010, 19:33:20 »

I didn't mean to be rude, just jerking your chain in my own "naive" way.. :evil:    You can take a joke..
That my opinion is "tripe" has crossed my mind.. Awaiting your friendly poke at me.. ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2010, 19:37:51 »

I didn't mean to be rude, just jerking your chain in my own "naive" way.. :evil:    You can take a joke..
I know that, SD... If I thought otherwise I would have said something else... I'm not going to hold your naivety and inexperience against you.
That my opinion is "tripe" has crossed my mind.. Awaiting your friendly poke at me.. ;)
And other peoples mind as well...  :P

I have a feeling that whoever supports the party the judge rules against will moan that the judge ruled wrong.
That's what I mean... A Judge will rule on 'facts'. He/she won't be swayed by whether he likes each side or not.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 19:48:34 by Stuart2007 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines