Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 02:56:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Waltzing Matilda  (Read 17777 times)

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
Re: Waltzing Matilda
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 15:46:44 »

Didn't do much good did it... :C
Kind Regards,
Jack.

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 15:59:55 »

What on earth was he thinking?

I've found this statement, which sounds a bit more credible...

Watson has said that it will be used to intercept and block harpoons.
Almost never here, try here.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 16:09:00 »

Intercept and block harpoons? ???

Are they going to get someone and put them in front of the harpoon...? :lol:...That'll intercept it..
Kind Regards,
Jack.

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2010, 16:13:39 »

Intercept and block harpoons? ???

Are they going to get someone and put them in front of the harpoon...? :lol:...That'll intercept it..

I think they mean try to block harpoons by driving between the whale and the harpoon ship...
Almost never here, try here.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2010, 16:28:13 »

I can't really see how that would work, to be honest...

All seems very much "For the camera", to me..
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 19:58:35 »

As discussed before, these bunch of people are more interested in playing up for the camera (fictitious shooting of the captain etc).

One wonders why Captain Pugwash was expelled from Greenpeace...
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 20:23:10 »

There is another topic for opinions, this one is for the facts.. :)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 20:37:50 »

I'm up for that method of thinking... Who judges what statements are solid facts and what are merely opinions?
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2010, 20:54:12 »

Yes, we must keep a lid on these things, you know.. ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2010, 20:58:09 »

That is a matter of opinion!

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2010, 23:56:47 »

It is no longer a choice, as the other topic has been locked..
Please keep your opinions civilized.. :)

Jammy

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2010, 00:07:17 »

Lets just compare the tactics that the whalers and crew of Sea Shepherd use against each other.

Sea Shepherd throws stink bombs, the whalers throw nuts, bolts and flash grenades.
Sea Shepherd ram a ship bigger and stronger to theirs, the whalers ram a catamaran smaller to theirs and made of carbon fibre.
Sea Shepherd uses a laser light against a ship, the whalers use an LRAD against a helicopter, twice.
Sea Shepherd asks for permission to enter French territory, the whalers don't.
Sea Shepherd aims stink bombs for parts of the ship unoccupied, the whalers aim high powered hoses at Sea Shepherd crew members trying to wash them off board.
Sea Shepherd offers help to whalers when looking for a man overboard, the whalers don't offer help to mayday calls.

Now see that as bias as you want, but all of that is true fact. Now who was the most aggressive one again?

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2010, 00:19:54 »

Just sat and read the now locked topic... (because someone didn't agree with peoples point of views)

Could an SS expert or disicple please answer these questions:
o) Do the whales really need people in flimsy catermarans ramming jap merchant vessels?
o) What benefits are there to saving the whales?
o) Who ACTUALLY cares!? (seeing WM appears to be absent ;))
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

Jammy

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2010, 00:31:03 »

Just sat and read the now locked topic... (because someone didn't agree with peoples point of views)

Could an SS expert or disicple please answer these questions:
o) Do the whales really need people in flimsy catermarans ramming jap merchant vessels?
o) What benefits are there to saving the whales?
o) Who ACTUALLY cares!? (seeing WM appears to be absent ;))

1) The idea was to catch up quickly to the Harpoon vessels and hover in front of them whilst they're chasing a whale so they can't get the shot.
2) To stop them from going extinct, and protecting an environment that decades ago the entire world swore to not exploit for resources, to leave one part of the world untouched by man.
3) I care.

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2010, 00:39:43 »

If the Whales are harpooned...

... will the world as we know it stop spinning on its axis and vanish from our solar system, only to turn up in a neighbouring galaxy?
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

Jammy

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2010, 00:41:02 »

If the Whales are harpooned...

... will the world as we know it stop spinning on its axis and vanish from our solar system, only to turn up in a neighbouring galaxy?

If I killed you would it have the same effect? No obviously not, but it's still killing an innocent living being, assuming your innocent of course.

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2010, 00:45:20 »

Of course it wouldn't have the same effect...im a human and its just an animal.

I hit a badger the other night (what a mess), I regularly have a fly splattered car during the summer (what a mess) does that mean im going to be rammed by the SS land equivilant?

Jammy

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2010, 01:01:00 »

I hit a badger the other night (what a mess), I regularly have a fly splattered car during the summer (what a mess) does that mean im going to be rammed by the SS land equivilant?

Road kill is an accident, but the deliberate action of going out to slaughter a living being is different. And are you actually saying that it's okay to kill animals, because you're a human? Okay then, do you have any pets because I'll kill them saying it's just an animal, it doesn't matter! A whale might not be a household pet, but it's still an animal with feelings.

Okay maybe the slaughter of farm animals such as cows, pigs and lamb is never going to end, but there's an endless supply of those. But the killing of a marine animal that's in a sanctuary is different, especially when one of the three wanted whale species is endangered.

bsm2003

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2010, 01:12:48 »

Man is nothing more than an animal on a single branch of the tree of life. Man is still hunted by other animals in the wild all the time. I like to hunt for food myself. I think it's a shame that the Chinese eat cats and dogs but you don't see the animal rights groups going to extremes of stopping that by force. People need to get off their high horse and leave other people alone. I really dont think the Japs will hunt down every last whale until they are gone.

my 2 cents.
Never get caught with your head in the head.

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2010, 01:14:16 »

Road kill is an accident, but the deliberate action of going out to slaughter a living being is different. And are you actually saying that it's okay to kill animals, because you're a human? Okay then, do you have any pets because I'll kill them saying it's just an animal, it doesn't matter! A whale might not be a household pet, but it's still an animal with feelings.

Okay maybe the slaughter of farm animals such as cows, pigs and lamb is never going to end, but there's an endless supply of those. But the killing of a marine animal that's in a sanctuary is different, especially when one of the three wanted whale species is endangered.
Genises, scene one act one, the dawn of time...
Animals are always going to be second to humans.
Humans have feelings, animals have instincts.
Humans kill animals to eat. If you have any brothers or sisters (if not then your mum or dad) would you rather they starve, than killing an animal? Knowing that the animal doesn't give two hoots about you? and when animals die thats it...end of...they dont come back as that annoying fly constantly buzzing around McDonalds. I've yet to hear tell of animals existing in the afterlife.

Why should whales be any different? Whaling is morally wrong, but im not losing any sleep at night over it all.
I have 2 dogs at present. If you killed them, the worlds not going to end is it?

Its the same for all these environmental organisations. They are constantly medeling in affairs that they shouldn't be.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2010, 15:56:20 »

As the other topic is now unlocked, your opinions can in future be posted here:

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,17290.125.html#top

This topic will remain for facts and news.. ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2010, 16:29:12 »

Sea Shepherd uses a laser light against a ship, the whalers use an LRAD against a helicopter, twice.

Jammy, whatever else may or may not be true, that video showing a 'laser' is a total fabrication. Laser light does NOT act in the way shown on video. Not at all... Just think about it for a minute. Go back and look at the video- download it into an editor and zoom in... it's faked (not to say they haven't used real ones at other times!)

Then look up laser on wikipedia and you will (or should) see why it is 100% faked!

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2010, 16:34:34 »

Read the above post and resume your discussion there.. ;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 16:36:29 by saltydog »

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2010, 16:44:05 »

Read the above post and resume your discussion there.. ;)

I'm sorry?

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2010, 16:45:54 »

Sorry Stu..It's a bit of a mixup lately..Trying to get things back to normal here.. ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines