Hello Guest April 30, 2024, 06:12:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: You were REAL close, Vstep, but not quite....  (Read 30761 times)

mvsmith

Re: You were REAL close, Vstep, but not quite....
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2009, 03:35:32 »

I have just made an appointment with a psychiatrist because I find myself agreeing with three consecutive posts by Gloat!

I am not against Titanic per se, and I know there are some who would like to use her as is, without complaint. However, that ship seems to be taking over the forum.

It would be unfortunate if VSTEP were to divert resources from more important improvements to things that are of real concern to only a half-dozen vocal people.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2009, 03:40:56 »

It's not that I do not want any other improvements, it's that I don't KNOW of much else that can be improved, really. That's why I have nothing to say in threads on other ships: I don't know HOW they need to be improved.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2009, 04:23:15 »

You don't know of much else that can be improved ON TITANIC.

There are many things on other ships that could be improved.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2009, 04:31:44 »

If I read the first sentence, right, that is false.

The second sentence is my point exactly: WHAT are those things that need improvement?

mvsmith

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2009, 05:28:32 »

You keep missing the point. It is not entirely about improvements to specific existing ships; it is about improvements to the simulation environment—specifically to the sea model. These will most likely make demands upon the systems that may preclude any additions to Titanic that place further demands on the system. She is already marginal for many of the user’s systems. That is one reason she is seldom used in mission of any consequence. Tech support still fields complaints that she disappears or loses her funnels, etc. She simply may not be viable in the new sea, even in her present state.

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2009, 09:14:09 »

But... such tiny mistakes can be lived with... Unless you are RMSG of cource. Who cares if the ship stoppes a bit earlier/later then the origional? How are you going to know that the Origional Titanic was different? It happened almost 100 years ago!

Titanic does indeed seem to be taking over the forum... mostly with silly topics like this complaining about the slightest difference. Instead of thanking Vstep for their great programming, people like you, RMSG are simply moaning about a couple of minature errors which can be fixed while Vstep are working on something FAR better - SS2010!

Speaking of SS2010, in order to keep the forum clean, can Vstep please look into REMOVING Titanic from 2010 or introduce her in a later add-on?

Does it matter that the Titanic stopps differently to what it says in a BOOK? Does it matter if propellers turn the wrong way (That one really made me laugh at you) and others.

RMSG: In conclusion, please avoid starting topics which are about any small error you find on any ship, especially Titanic. It only lifts the nervs of other members of the forum.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 18:57:40 by Gloat »

Come and join us at the ship sim wiki! www.shipsimulator.wikia.com
Head Aministrator at Ship Simulator wiki.

LukeL

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2009, 01:39:25 »

In my opinion the titanic is just fine, maybe if it was missing a smokestack, no pilothouse, or it didn't turn left, these would be important issues.
Not is the hull is not a specific color black, or hallway doors are inches off, or what its stopping distance is too long.
Everyone that uses the titanic seems to be very happy of its function

It seems that this is the only ship that the design causes trouble with.
I've yet to see anyone complain about whether the Fairmount Sherpa has the correct window dimensions, or if the taxi boat has the right number of seats.

I think Vstep should take the titanic out of the new 2010 game.
because in every forum i see there is something about the titanic
and i really don't care about it anymore.
It is a cool ship, but if it can move and turn and Honk its horn, then is fine, i
t needs no more fine tuning it is O.K. the way it is.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2009, 03:15:30 »

It seems that this is the only ship that the design causes trouble with.
I've yet to see anyone complain about whether the Fairmount Sherpa has the correct window dimensions, or if the taxi boat has the right number of seats.
Wrong, actually. People DO find faults in other ships, it's just that not as many people study the other ships.

Nathan|C

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2009, 17:29:35 »

Please be grateful of the amount of work and effort that goes into the ships. Considering it sank just under 90 years ago, the stopping dynamics are very accurate for the information still around.

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2009, 18:57:20 »

Lets leave this thread to rot like it desrves.

RMSG, I/we beg you to cease starting topics about Titanic unless it is a major bug you are talking about. I don't want to be mean, but no-one really cares if the propellers turn the wrong way, or the ship stopes unlike the real version. With a major bug, I mean one which is no minor then "the horn doesnt work"

I think Vstep made a mistake in even accepting Titanic into the game. They should of forseen what it will do - simply rampage the forum with tiny, tiny little errors.
Like Nathan, be thankful.

And PS: People may find faults in other ships, but they dont really give a (searches for suitable word, but cant think of any) Damn. Vstep did a really good job on this game, and instead of compliments, we get complaints that the Titanics propellers turn the wrong way (OMG!) And this game is for having fun steering ships - Not "studying" other ships to find errors - that is not the point. People, if they have found an error, should just ignore it to make the game realistic.

I hope, you are done with informing us with every single error about Titanic. And I hope you have seen that they dont really do anything - ever seen a patch which includes a fix to an error you pointed out?

TerryRussell

« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2009, 18:58:41 »

Titanic Stopping Dynamics:

• Full speed ahead
  • Head-butt an iceberg
  • Dead stop
  • Sink

Quaysider

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2009, 18:59:31 »

• Full speed ahead
  • Head-butt an iceberg
  • Dead stop
  • Sink

;D ;D ;D

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2009, 19:13:30 »

• Full speed ahead
  • Head-butt an iceberg
  • Dead stop
  • Sink

OR:

• Sink
  • Dead Stop
  • Head-butt an iceberg
  • full speed ahead

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2009, 19:22:03 »

OR:

• Sink
  • Dead Stop
  • Head-butt an iceberg
  • full speed ahead

ah, gloat, always working in reverse.............  :D surprised your not called taolg
DiamondEagleDB09rms On youtube! Now with New Playlist!
<br />Thanks to TJK for this awesome Sig!

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2009, 19:24:25 »

.toalg dellac ma I

Nathan|C

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2009, 19:30:41 »

.toalg dellac ma I

.suoivbo eht gnitats rof uoy knaht.

.cipot ot kcab teg dluohs ew kniht I

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2009, 19:41:52 »

eno cinatit diputs a cipot siht eergassid I

TerryRussell

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2009, 19:44:13 »

!cipot-ffo yaw ngitteg er'uoY

Time to stop...  ;)

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2009, 19:48:37 »

Ok, back on topic...

I dont want to retype my on-topic opinions again, so lets go to the spam-way of things.

Lets leave this thread to rot like it desrves.

RMSG, I/we beg you to cease starting topics about Titanic unless it is a major bug you are talking about. I don't want to be mean, but no-one really cares if the propellers turn the wrong way, or the ship stopes unlike the real version. With a major bug, I mean one which is no minor then "the horn doesnt work"

I think Vstep made a mistake in even accepting Titanic into the game. They should of forseen what it will do - simply rampage the forum with tiny, tiny little errors.
Like Nathan, be thankful.

And PS: People may find faults in other ships, but they dont really give a (searches for suitable word, but cant think of any) Damn. Vstep did a really good job on this game, and instead of compliments, we get complaints that the Titanics propellers turn the wrong way (OMG!) And this game is for having fun steering ships - Not "studying" other ships to find errors - that is not the point. People, if they have found an error, should just ignore it to make the game realistic.

I hope, you are done with informing us with every single error about Titanic. And I hope you have seen that they dont really do anything - ever seen a patch which includes a fix to an error you pointed out?

Nathan|C

« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2009, 19:49:32 »

Enough of the backwards chat!

Was about to post that before a moderator (Sorry, Admin..) got in...

Again, 250m is not worth making a fuss about and is probably not getting fixed anytime soon. I bet for many of us, it's close enough. And why does anyone really "care" about stopping distances....

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2009, 19:54:45 »

agreed, rotting time.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2009, 22:38:57 »

Please be grateful of the amount of work and effort that goes into the ships.
You're one to talk, Mr. "Remove the vessel in the game that had taken the longest to develop"

I have praised Jason time and time again for his work, and have tried to make it clear that I deeply enjoy Titanic, yet people still overlook it.

And Gloat, I already said that starting a new topic was a mistake.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2009, 22:43:18 »

I have praised Jason time and time again for his work, and have tried to make it clear that I deeply enjoy Titanic, yet people still overlook it.

Somehow, I don't see how that is possible.. hehehe..  :P

Seriously, this topic is not turning out great... I'd like to see a bit more happy remarks and a lot less bickering, or maybe it's best that it gets locked. Chill out everyone, it's just a model of a ship in a video game..

Fred.

Nathan|C

« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2009, 18:05:09 »

You're one to talk, Mr. "Remove the vessel in the game that had taken the longest to develop"

No, I created a poll asking who wanted the vessel to be removed. I never said I personally wanted it to be removed...but I do  :P

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2009, 19:11:13 »

Nathan, I am sure you have heard the expression "dense in the head"

RMSG: One moment you are moaning and complaining about a ship which has taken the longest to develop, and instead of being thankful you are bickering about some tiny little mistakes, and giving us more reason to hate it, and now you want to keep the vessel in 2010.

If you had even read the posts submitted to this thread, you would have used that brain of yours to work out that the only way of keeping this vessel in the game is to stop moaning about tiny mistakes about it!

By posting these useless moans, you are accusing Vstep of their work, and no, you are no-were near praising Jason about his work, because as you post more bickerings on the forum, Vstep are going to remove it because everyone is fed up with complaints. So: If you want to praise Jason about his work, I think it would be a good idea that Vstep didn't remove it so Jason got more praise.

I want to make this as CLEAR as POSSIBLE:

1: You post Titanic complaints onto this forum
2: Members go grumpy
3: Vstep see that members are grumpy because Titanic seems to be taking over the forum.
4: In 2010, Vstep remove it in order to keep forum clean
5: Jason gets upset because his wonderful model has been excluded.
6: You are the one to blame - because you keep posting Titanic complaints.

I hope that makes sence. You are NOT praising Jason for his work at all.

Hi Fred: Didn't see your post there! Sorry, I don't see any thing positive to post in this thread. I'm not trying to be harsh, I am just trying to let RMSG know that he is in no way praising Jason - If he did, he would rather try and get his model to STAY in the game.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines