Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 21:13:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 108   Go Down

Author Topic: Joke of the day  (Read 807440 times)

Rbsanford

• Forum member
Re: Joke of the day
« Reply #2075 on: October 19, 2011, 02:15:17 »

good one, salty ;D
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #2076 on: October 19, 2011, 09:13:40 »

A new CEO takes over at a struggling company and decides to get rid of
all  the slackers.
>
> On a tour of the facilities, the CEO notices a guy leaning against a wall.

> He can't believe this guy would just stand around on the job. The new CEO
> walks up to the guy and asks, "What are you doing here?"
>
> "I'm just waiting to get paid," responds the man. Furious, the CEO asks:
> "How much money do you make a week?" A little surprised, the young fellow
> replies: "I make about $300 a week. Why?"
>
> The CEO quickly gets out his checkbook, hands the guy a check made out to
> cash for $1,200 and says: "Here's four weeks' pay. Now get out and don't
> come back."
>
> The man puts the check in his pocket and promptly walks out. Feeling
> pretty good about himself, the CEO looks around the room and asks: "Does
> anyone want to tell me what just happened here?" From across the room
> comes a voice: "Yeah, you just tipped the pizza delivery guy $1,200."

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #2077 on: October 19, 2011, 17:25:31 »

Haha i had to read it 3 times through but i understand it now :D

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #2078 on: October 19, 2011, 17:35:33 »

Haha i had to read it 3 times through but i understand it now :D

Maybe you were the CEO, he didn't understand either!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #2079 on: October 19, 2011, 17:58:24 »

It seems the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has a unique device for testing the strength of windshields on airplanes. The device is a gun that launches a dead chicken at a plane's windshield at approximately the speed the plane flies.

The theory is that if the windshield doesn't crack from the carcass impact, it'll survive a real collision with a bird during flight. It seems the British were very interested in this and wanted to test a windshield on a brand new, speedy locomotive they're developing.

They borrowed the FAA's chicken launcher, loaded the chicken and fired. The ballistic chicken shattered the windshield, went through the engineer's chair, broke an instrument panel and embedded itself in the back wall of the engine cab. The British were stunned and asked the FAA to recheck the test to see if everything was done correctly.

The FAA reviewed the test thoroughly and had one recommendation: "Use a thawed chicken."

Since we British invented both railways and high speed aircraft I think it fair to say that the chicken test was ours actually. Probably originating around the time of the Comet 1 (the first commercial jet aircraft).
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #2080 on: October 19, 2011, 18:05:55 »

Come on, tell me your sailor jokes? ;)

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #2081 on: October 19, 2011, 19:09:01 »

Since we British invented both railways and high speed aircraft I think it fair to say that the chicken test was ours actually. Probably originating around the time of the Comet 1 (the first commercial jet aircraft).

You are quite right Stu, the British were the first to use the 'chicken gun'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_gun , but it's still a funny joke.. :)

Here's another interesting story..:
[Collected on the Internet, 1994]

Presumably you know that aerospace companies often fire chickens at test aircraft canopies to see how they would stand up to flying through a flock of birds during takeoff? This is true of British Aerospace also, however one time it went wrong.

Just before lunch, the engineers set up the chicken-cannon, loaded a frozen chicken into it, and left for the canteen. The chicken would be just about defrosted by the time they got back to do the test. When they came back, they got behind the protective wall, started the high-speed cameras (to play back in detail what happens), and fired the chicken at the canopy. Normally, it should just bounce off, or make a nasty dent. This time, the canopy was destroyed. Bits everywhere. Having checked the cannon, and looked through the (expensive) wreckage, they decided to view the film, to see if it would provide any clues. It did. During lunch, a cat had climbed into the cannon, lured by the smell of fresh chicken, became part of the test.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #2082 on: October 19, 2011, 19:36:52 »

THE TEST

There are 4 questions. Don't miss one.

1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?

Stop and think about it and decide on your answer before you scroll down.

The correct answer is:
Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe, and close the door.
This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way.

2  How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?

Did you say, Open the refrigerator, put in the elephant, and close the refrigerator?

Wrong  Answer.

Correct Answer:
Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door.
This tests your ability to think through the repercussions of  your previous  actions..

3...  The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. 
All the animals attend  .... except one. 
Which animal does not attend?

Correct  Answer :
The Elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator. You just put him in there.
This tests your memory.
Okay, even if you did not answer the first three questions correctly,you still have one more chance to show your true abilities.

4.  There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles, and you do not have a boat.
How do you manage it?

Correct  Answer:?
You jump into the river and swim across.
Have you not been listening? All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting. 
This tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes.

According to Anderson Consulting Worldwide, around 90% of the professionals they tested got all questions wrong, but many preschoolers got several correct answers.   
Anderson Consulting says this conclusively proves the theory that most professionals do not have the brains of a four-year-old
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #2083 on: October 19, 2011, 21:10:07 »

nice aad. fooled me. ;D
Today's weather:

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #2084 on: October 22, 2011, 09:40:36 »

Old Motor!

The marriage of an 80 year old man and a 20 year old woman was the talk of the town. After being married a year, the couple went to the hospital for the birth of their first child.

The attending nurse came out of the delivery room to congratulate the old gentleman and said, 'This is amazing. How do you do it at your age?'

The old man grinned and said, 'You got to keep the old motor running.

The following year, the couple returned to the hospital for the birth of their second child. The same nurse was attending the delivery and again went out to congratulate the old gentleman.

She said, 'Sir, you are something else. How do you manage it?'

The old man grinned and said, 'You gotta keep the old motor running..'

A year later, the couple returned to the hospital for the birth of their third child.

The same nurse was there for this birth also and, after the delivery, she once again approached the old gentleman, smiled, and said, 'Well, you surely are something else! How do you do it?'

The old man replied, 'It's like I've told you before, you gotta keep the old motor running.'

The nurse, still smiling, patted him on the back and said: 'Well, I guess it's time to change the oil. This one's black.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #2085 on: October 23, 2011, 10:59:45 »

WIFE VS. HUSBAND
A couple drove down a country road for several miles, not saying a word.
An earlier discussion had led to an argument and
neither of them wanted to concede their position.. 
As they passed a barnyard of mules, goats, and pigs,
the husband asked sarcastically, 'Relatives of yours?'
'Yep,' the wife replied, 'in-laws.'

TJK

« Reply #2086 on: October 23, 2011, 16:32:53 »

Pet Diaries: Dog vs. Cat

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!

1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!

7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

------------------------------------------
The Cat's Diary:

Day 983 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Jerks!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage. Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now.

TJK

« Reply #2087 on: October 23, 2011, 16:37:05 »

Brag about parents

An Army brat was boasting about his father to a Navy brat.

"My dad is an engineer. He can do everything. Do you know the Alps?"

"Yes," said the Navy brat.

"My dad has built them."

Then the naval kid spoke: "And do you know the Dead Sea?"

"Yes."

"It's my dad who's killed it!"

dexter7

• Forum member
« Reply #2088 on: October 23, 2011, 16:51:34 »

lol Thanks for sharing TJK!
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #2089 on: October 24, 2011, 09:22:55 »

Oxford University researchers have discovered the densest element yet known to science.
The new element, Governmentium (symbol=Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called pillocks

Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert.  However, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with  which it comes into contact.

A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take  from 4 days to 4 years to complete.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2 to 6 years. It does not decay, but instead undergoes a  reorganisation in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy  neutrons exchange places.

In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganisation will cause more  morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.
This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe  that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration.

This  hypothetical quantity is referred to as a critical morass. When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium (symbol=Ad), an element that radiates just as much energy as
Governmentium, since it has half as many pillocks but twice as many morons.

TJK

« Reply #2090 on: October 24, 2011, 09:32:19 »

A Good Chess Player

A man went to visit a friend and was amazed to find him playing chess with his dog. He watched the game in astonishment for a while. "I can hardly believe my eyes!" he exclaimed. "That's the smartest dog I've ever seen."

"Nah, he's not so smart," the friend replied. "I've beaten him three games out of five."

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #2091 on: October 24, 2011, 11:16:59 »

Oxford University researchers have discovered the densest element yet known to science.
The new element, Governmentium (symbol=Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called pillocks

Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert.  However, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with  which it comes into contact.

A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take  from 4 days to 4 years to complete.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2 to 6 years. It does not decay, but instead undergoes a  reorganisation in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy  neutrons exchange places.

In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganisation will cause more  morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.
This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe  that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration.

This  hypothetical quantity is referred to as a critical morass. When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium (symbol=Ad), an element that radiates just as much energy as
Governmentium, since it has half as many pillocks but twice as many morons.

now that is a good one  ;D

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #2092 on: October 24, 2011, 11:47:39 »

Yes and now there is a real risk that govermentium might mix with with eurozonium to cause a meltdown. A by product of this will be to release expense accountium and corruptium.

The effect on the population will be disasterous.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

TJK

« Reply #2093 on: October 24, 2011, 12:08:31 »

Tirsdager er Taxing!

"It's tax time. I know this because I'm staring at documents that make no sense to me, no matter how many beers I drink."
-- Dave Barry

"The number of words dealing with income taxes in the Internal Revenue Code and IRS regulations rose nearly tenfold between 1955 and 2005, from 718,000 to more than 7 million How is a mugger different from the Internal Revenue Service? Both take your money, but the mugger doesn't make you fill out forms."
--Jacob Sullum in Reason

"More than ever before, Americans are suffering from back problems: back taxes, back rent, back auto payments."
-- Robert Orben

"To tax and to please, no more than to love and to be wise, is not given to men."
-- Edmund Burke, 18th Century Irish political philosopher and British statesman

"Taxation with representation ain't so hot either."
-- Gerald Barzan, humorist

"Earlier today, the White House released President Bush's tax return. Not surprisingly, under dependents, the president listed Iraq."
--Conan O'Brien

"The IRS now says you can deduct weight loss plans off your taxes. You can write it off because the government has officially declared obesity a disease. And it's a disease, you can deduct medical expenses. That shows what a difference an administration can make. See under Bush, obesity is a disease. Under Clinton it was just sexy."

"The term "tax humor" is no doubt an oxymoron to many people; to the more cynical, it is an apt description of the entire tax code."
-- John F. Lekel

"You must pay taxes. But there's no law that says you gotta leave a tip."
-- Advertisement

"It's income tax time again, Americans: time to gather up those receipts, get out those tax forms, sharpen up that pencil, and stab yourself in the aorta."
-- Dave Barry

"If a person is an economic being and figures out the odds, then there is a very high incentive to cheat. That is, of course, putting aside honor, duty and patriotism."
-- Jerome Kurtz, former Commissioner, Internal Revenue Service

"The wages of sin are death, but by the time taxes are taken out, it's just sort of a tired feeling."
-- Comedian

Called in for an audit, Mr. Briggs was confronted by a surly IRS agent. "It says here, Mr. Briggs, that you are a bachelor; yet you claim a dependent son. Surely this must be a mistake." Looking him straight in the eye, Mr. Briggs replied, "Yup, it surely was."

"A fool and his money are soon parted. It takes creative tax laws for the rest."
-- C Bob Thaves

"The question is: What can we, as citizens, do to reform our tax system? As you know, under our three-branch system of government, the tax laws are created by: Satan. But he works through the Congress, so that's where we must focus our efforts."
-- Dave Barry

"Worried about an IRS audit? Avoid what's called a red flag. That's something the IRS always looks for. For example, say you have some money left in your bank account after paying taxes. That's a red flag."
-- Jay Leno

"If you are truly serious about preparing your child for the future, don't teach him to subtract - teach him to deduct."
-- Fran Lebowitz

"Day in and day out, your tax accountant can make or lose you more money than any single person in your life, with the possible exception of your kids."
-- Harvey Mackay

" In general, the art of government consists in taking as much money as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other."
-- Voltaire

"Our party has been accused of fooling the public by calling tax increases 'revenue enhancement'. Not so. No one was fooled."
-- J. Danforth Quayle V.P.

The more you earn, the less you keep,
And now I lay me down to sleep.
I pray the Lord my soul to take,
If the tax collector hasn't got it before I wake.
-- Ogden Nash

This guy walks into the tax auditor's office, the auditor looks at him and says, "Please Mr. Johnson, take a seat. We already own a piece of yours."

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #2094 on: October 24, 2011, 17:29:11 »

Ahoy TJK,
If this wasn't so funny, you could cry out loud for it. And if it wasn't so sad, you could laugh about it.
All by all, it's a sad fact.

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #2095 on: October 24, 2011, 17:41:51 »

Though you might like it! Not sure what Aad will think tho!

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #2096 on: October 24, 2011, 19:52:25 »

Though you might like it! Not sure what Aad will think tho!

For what it's worth:

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #2097 on: October 26, 2011, 09:35:54 »

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #2098 on: October 26, 2011, 19:01:03 »

god said "let there be light" chuck norris said, "say please."

chuck norris' tears can cure cancer...too bad he never cries.

chuck norris built the house he was born in

on thanksgiving, chuck norris came home and saw his wife crying in the kitchen. he said, "wats wrong?" she said, "i burnt the turkey, spilled the potatoes on the floor, and the rolls are too soggy." so chuck norris ate all the ruined food, went into the back yard, and barfed up a complete thanksgiving meal.

jesus was chuck norris in disguise. but the bible got something wrong... he cant die.

santa is chuck norris in disguise.

if chuck norris cloned himself and one ran to the north pole and the other to the south pole and the both jumped at the same time, they would flatten the earth.
Today's weather:

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #2099 on: October 26, 2011, 20:01:18 »

god said "let there be light" chuck norris said, "say please."

chuck norris' tears can cure cancer...too bad he never cries.

chuck norris built the house he was born in

on thanksgiving, chuck norris came home and saw his wife crying in the kitchen. he said, "wats wrong?" she said, "i burnt the turkey, spilled the potatoes on the floor, and the rolls are too soggy." so chuck norris ate all the ruined food, went into the back yard, and barfed up a complete thanksgiving meal.

jesus was chuck norris in disguise. but the bible got something wrong... he cant die.

santa is chuck norris in disguise.

if chuck norris cloned himself and one ran to the north pole and the other to the south pole and the both jumped at the same time, they would flatten the earth.

Ahoy Rbsanford,
Although it's not stated in the rules (I'm afraid that, just for You, I have to edit them), Jokes with religious contents and/or diseases are out of order. Therefore:

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 108   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines