Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 14:41:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Do you think VStep would Like it???

Ohh Yha
- 17 (41.5%)
Maybe
- 5 (12.2%)
Ehh!!
- 3 (7.3%)
Another
- 1 (2.4%)
NO!!!!!!!!
- 15 (36.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: *Attention* Vstep Employes And Members  (Read 25468 times)

MMMMMM

• Forum member
*Attention* Vstep Employes And Members
« on: August 29, 2008, 01:05:37 »

What im going to Buy this Model From Turbo Squid Do you Think Vstep would be intrested

Description:

Model:
The model looks very much like the real ship(google it if you don't believe), but does not 100% resemble the real ship parts.
=====================================================
Material and Rendering:
Preview pictures are rendered by Vray But the model is devrayed to make it compatible with most 3d applications. We have properly named the materials. So for visual enhancing materials like GLASS,CHROME,POOLWATER. You should replace them with materials of your own liking. I am sure you have plenty in your matlib:-) I also recommend adding some falloff reflection to most materials.

There is no multi_material used in the model for better compatibility with all 3d application.

Seawater(just a big plane) and HDRI cloud used in the renders are not included in the package
Naming & SmoothingGroup:
models are all properly named like (center chairs 1,2,3...) (aft_pool_parts1,2,3...) By combining with 'select by material' you can select any parts quickly in any 3d application.
All objects are edge-splitted based on smoothing group assignment. So even if some applications don't treat smoothinggroup nicely can handle this model. Of course this will increase the vertex count but you can weld it back if you like.
poly count: 284124
triangle count: 605358
vertex count(before split of smoothing group): 368435
vertex count(after split of smoothing group) :579401

Above are statistics of the model without decoration deck chairs.
Chairs as shown in the render is in a seperate file which you can download in the ACCOMPANYING PRODUCT FILES section. It is in obj format.
======================================================
Contact support should you have questions. We will try to address your concerns as prompt as possible.
======================================================
Ship Fact: Freedom of The Seas (Royal Caribbean International)
length 339 meters,width 56 meters . tonnage 158000

She Was $199.99

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 01:54:43 by MMMMMM »

mvsmith

Re: *Attention* Vstep Employes And Members
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 02:03:30 »

Why would VSTEP be interested in a model from TurboSquid?
There is already a cruise ship, Ocean Star, in the simulator. There are a few dozen different vessels that they need to offer before they will do another ship similar to Ocean Star.

MMMMMM

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 02:08:48 »

Ok Nothing Negitive Please Ok Thankyou  ;)

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 02:42:58 »

It looks great ;) I would love for it to be in the shipyard...

Would be nice to have more ships/enviroments in there by now.. ::)
Regards,
James

MMMMMM

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 02:49:48 »

yha thanks for the kind comment

Ship Sim

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 02:52:29 »

Why would VSTEP be interested in a model from TurboSquid?
There is already a cruise ship, Ocean Star, in the simulator. There are a few dozen different vessels that they need to offer before they will do another ship similar to Ocean Star.

Vstep has bought acouple of models. I herd a Developer say on the old fourm that it is cheaper for them to buy a model on Turbosquid and retexture it than to pay someone to make on from scratch. I think Id check with Vstep before I spend that much money into something. ;)

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 02:54:51 »

I think this is a great thing you are trying to do here M6 But I think there are some leagel things that just don't fit.  For example even though you "Bought" the model, V-STEP doesn't own it.

Sorry, Sorry, only positive comments. ;)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

MMMMMM

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 02:57:45 »

its ok lamalord but now technicaly i Own the model with the few people that have it, let alone afourd it um if any one that this coment was rude please tell me thanks but i getting Copy right Today

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 09:23:17 »

Sorry, but, i can't exactly put out a posative comment here. The good thing is, she is nice. The bad thing is, V-step won't be interested, if v-step were interested, they would have bought it by now.

Sorry, but being posative she is nice. :)

Jack
p.s. she would be nice in Virtual Sailor ;) and its possable to add vessels into Virtual Sailor easily.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Nathan|C

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 10:07:27 »

p.s. she would be nice in Virtual Sailor ;) and its possable to add vessels into Virtual Sailor easily.

I think the poly count on that is way too high for VS   :-\

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 11:02:53 »

i have a question what, can you actually do with the model when you have bhought it?
BTW very nice ship would like to see her some day in SS.

maritiem

People can almost do anything, The only thing they can't is forgive each other.

Nathan|C

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 11:25:00 »

Be careful - if you spend that much money and your computer can't handle it, it will be a terrible waste. Obvious i know, but you need Gmax for that model too.

speedy70

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 12:16:57 »

As it appears that members are asking for more ships and this one looks better than the present cruie ship with horizon or from the shipyard, yes I for one will buy it.However the ships I would like would be of smaller size and to the quality of FURIE which is by far the best ship in ship sim.How about a proper deep water lifeboatsuch as the  ;DBritish Arun class or similair.We have wind how about a yacht.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 12:59:33 »

Ok Nothing Negitive Please Ok Thankyou  ;)

What's the point of asking our opinion if you only want to hear what you like  ???

Mvsmith gives you a good reason why he thinks this ship doesnt bring extra value to the game. i totally agree with him.

How do you want to get the vessel in the game anyway, you only buy the "outside" of the ship. To make it ready for SS you need 40-60 hrs of progamming the ship dynamics.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 13:06:22 by Ballast »
It's the crew that makes the difference

MMMMMM

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 15:36:36 »

no it's because my last post everry one was arguing

Nathan|C

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 15:41:46 »

no it's because my last post everry one was arguing

erm.....no they weren't  ???

MMMMMM

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 15:48:08 »

I in my last post about iphone

TerryRussell

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 19:17:41 »

What im going to Buy this Model From Turbo Squid Do you Think Vstep would be intrested

I doubt it. It looks just like Ocean Star. As Marty said, why would Vstep want to shell out good money for an almost identical clone of an existing ship?

And you haven't "bought the ship". You may have purchased a license to use its likeness in a restricted way, but not carte blanche to do as you wish. You'll remember that copyright issues can and will be an issue if you don't honour them?

Seems a rather pointless discussion...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 19:22:59 by TerryRussell »

Nathan|C

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 19:26:21 »

Doesn't this mean you can't use it:

Members submitting content to TurboSquid have warranted that they are the copyright holders, or authorized agents of the copyright holders, for all content submitted. Violations of this warranty will not be tolerated by TurboSquid, and typically will result in the permanent expulsion of the person who submitted the work.

TerryRussell

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 20:10:54 »

No, that particular bit means that you can't submit something that isn't enirely your own work and copyright.

The two are not always the same. For instance, my written works are my own (obviously) but I have a copyright Agent who takes care of some of the copyrights. So I can't just do what I wish with those books. I have to clear it with her, first, even though she works in my interests.

mvsmith

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 21:16:11 »

MMMMMM,
The first link that I posted earlier tells what you must do with the model before it can be submitted to VSTEP. Are you prepared to do that work? Do you have a 3D program like 3DS MAX, or Act 3D, that can even render a model that size and allow you to work on it?
What do you intend to do with that model? You can’t put it on your mantel or play with it in your bathtub.

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 22:23:57 »

I think what we are all trying to get at is that M6 needs a poll option labeled "Hold your horses Buddy" ;D

I think that much money is better spent on a 3D modeling system and some tutorials so you can create your own models at no cost after the fact. :-\
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

MMMMMM

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 05:49:41 »

OK Ok i Was only asking if they would be intrested, ok So stop being rude  ok Thanks  ;)

Nathan|C

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2008, 09:11:32 »

As i said in my PM, these models have WAY too many polys to be used in VS.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines