Hello Guest April 24, 2024, 17:25:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Do you think VStep would Like it???

Ohh Yha
- 17 (41.5%)
Maybe
- 5 (12.2%)
Ehh!!
- 3 (7.3%)
Another
- 1 (2.4%)
NO!!!!!!!!
- 15 (36.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: *Attention* Vstep Employes And Members  (Read 25464 times)

pjotr

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Forum member
Re: *Attention* Vstep Employes And Members
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 09:23:26 »

This TurboSquid model was the basis for the Ocean Star in the New Horizons add-on pack. Tony Wu made it, a talented 3D ship modeler from China. He optimized the model for use in the game, on our guidelines. We had to change it, as Carnival Cruise Lines did not allow us to use their name in the game, unless we would pay them lots of money. They seem to be very strict on the use of their brand name.
Please realise that adding a new vessel to the game is a long and complex process, involving 45 separate steps, of which the 3D model creation is just one...
So normally we are looking for sponsoring companies, who help us fund the development of the vessel, and not the other way round :)

MMMMMM

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 09:26:43 »

like maybe Royal Caribbean Would let you keep there name and maybe they will let ss use it but if not you can always repaint it

Nathan|C

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008, 09:28:13 »

like maybe Royal Caribbean Would let you keep there name and maybe they will let ss use it but if not you can always repaint it

I doubt they'll let VSTEP use the name for free..... And why do we need another cruise ship. As pjotr said, that is the exact model they used to create the Ocean Star. If i were you i'd give up, i don't see them ever using it in the game.

MMMMMM

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2008, 09:30:53 »

you mean modler but he does such a great job also cause thers like 6 diferant types of tugs and 3 container/tanker vessels why not 1 more luxy liner :-\ ???

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2008, 09:33:08 »

you mean modler but he does such a great job also cause thers like 6 diferant types of tugs and 3 container/tanker vessels why not 1 more luxy liner :-\ ???

i agree with you there are so many tugboats in the game, so why not another cruiseship.

maritiem

People can almost do anything, The only thing they can't is forgive each other.

MMMMMM

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2008, 09:34:23 »

thanks maritiem glad you agree cruise ship rock

Nathan|C

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2008, 09:35:02 »

1 Cruise ship is almost the same as any other.

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2008, 09:36:54 »

1 Cruise ship is almost the same as any other.

does the caribbean princess and the Qm2 have a look-a-like? i don't think so.

maritiem

MMMMMM

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2008, 09:37:12 »

no There totaly diferant Theres Flow rider on the back of Freedom of the seas and the vicking crown lounge and all of the things

Nathan|C

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2008, 09:45:36 »

does the caribbean princess and the Qm2 have a look-a-like? i don't think so.

maritiem

no There totaly diferant Theres Flow rider on the back of Freedom of the seas and the vicking crown lounge and all of the things

Did i say they looked alike? It's a little obvious that they look different  ::)

MMMMMM

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 09:51:53 »

no we know what u said carnival and royal caribbean are compition they will never be alike (Example. Shipsim Vs. Virtual sailor)

Nathan|C

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2008, 09:54:06 »

no we know what u said carnival and royal caribbean are compition they will never be alike (Example. Shipsim Vs. Virtual sailor)

EH!? You clearly didn't know what i said because you thought i meant the way they look. You're not making any sense?

OK Ok i Was only asking if they would be intrested, ok So stop being rude  ok Thanks  ;)

As ballast said, why ask for our opinions when you only want to hear what you like?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 09:57:20 by Nathan|C »

MMMMMM

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2008, 09:58:55 »

oh, sorry my mistake if 1 cruise ship is the smeas another than 1tug is the same as another

Nathan|C

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2008, 10:02:48 »

oh, sorry my mistake if 1 cruise ship is the smeas another than 1tug is the same as another

No because different types of tugs have different jobs. A cruise ships always have the same purpose.

*Sighs* Backup Please  ::)

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2008, 10:16:32 »

No because different types of tugs have different jobs. A cruise ships always have the same purpose.

*Sighs* Backup Please  ::)

so you think we don't need any more cruiseships?

maritiem

Nathan|C

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2008, 10:20:31 »

so you think we don't need any more cruiseships?

maritiem
Exactly what i and a few others (Read the first few posts of this topic) think.

Why would VSTEP be interested in a model from TurboSquid?
There is already a cruise ship, Ocean Star, in the simulator. There are a few dozen different vessels that they need to offer before they will do another ship similar to Ocean Star.

I doubt it. It looks just like Ocean Star. As Marty said, why would Vstep want to shell out good money for an almost identical clone of an existing ship?

And you haven't "bought the ship". You may have purchased a license to use its likeness in a restricted way, but not carte blanche to do as you wish. You'll remember that copyright issues can and will be an issue if you don't honour them?

Seems a rather pointless discussion...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 10:22:05 by Nathan|C »

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2008, 10:30:07 »

Exactly what i and a few others (Read the first few posts of this topic) think.

if some of your favorite ships wouldn't be in SS09 like ferries or tugs wouldn't you care about that.

maritiem

Nathan|C

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2008, 10:38:08 »

if some of your favorite ships wouldn't be in SS09 like ferries or tugs wouldn't you care about that.

maritiem

What has that got to do with any of this?

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2008, 12:22:28 »

I agree, another cruise ship would be good.. maybe a cruise ship with the 2 propellers instead of those azipod thrusters??

One thing I don't like with the OS, is the Azipods.. Yeah with a bit of practise its good.. But I personally don't like them, and would love to see a cruise ship with 2 propellers instead..

I agree, There is many many tugs in SS, but i also agree with nathan that they have different purposes, however, having a different propullsion on a cruise ship would be good.. Maybe a small/medium sized cruise ship?

We can't always have massive cruise ships all the time.. :-\
Regards,
James

mvsmith

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2008, 13:11:20 »

As I said at the start of this topic, when I tried to save 6M from wasting his money on something he could not use, the simulator tries to provide a wide variety of different vessel types—not an album of everyone’s favorite ship of the same type. One cruise ship of the Ocean Star type is enough.

Pjotr has made things very clear in this topic, and there have been many other posts on the subject of integrating models into the sim. I provided links to two of them earlier in this topic. Unfortunately, it seems that some people just don’t want to hear any truths that don’t fit their idea of what they want the simulator to be. Or, perhaps, reading with comprehension is not part of their skill set.   

mvsmith

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2008, 13:26:33 »

Hi James,
A cruise ship with conventional screws and rudder would be an oddity today. Cruise ships have gone to azimuth drives as an economy measure to operate without the need for tugs.
Just because the kiddies want modern cruise ships, but are not willing to develop the skill to handle them, is no reason for VSTEP to go to the expense of catering to their whims.
From the complaints about handling OS, and the lack of many good missions created for her, it seems that the devotees of cruise ships are more interested in looking at them, and walking about their decks, than in actually operating them.
Regards,
Marty

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2008, 14:57:58 »

Hi James,
A cruise ship with conventional screws and rudder would be an oddity today. Cruise ships have gone to azimuth drives as an economy measure to operate without the need for tugs.
Just because the kiddies want modern cruise ships, but are not willing to develop the skill to handle them, is no reason for VSTEP to go to the expense of catering to their whims.
From the complaints about handling OS, and the lack of many good missions created for her, it seems that the devotees of cruise ships are more interested in looking at them, and walking about their decks, than in actually operating them.
Regards,
Marty
Hiya,

I'm not saying that the azimuth controls are a stupid idea, and i like operating OS just as much as i do with lets say the POR.
What I'm trying to say is that there should be a variety of cruise ships, We have a cruise ship with azipods, now i think there should be a smaller, but medium sized cruise ship with conventional propellers and rudders..

If Vstep are adding a variety of tugs, then why can't they add a variety of cruise ships?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 15:19:57 by Jamesd01 »
Regards,
James

TerryRussell

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2008, 17:03:43 »

We have a cruise ship with propellors in the game already. Titanic...?

Nathan|C

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2008, 17:45:01 »

We have a cruise ship with propellors in the game already. Titanic...?

You can expect an angry RMS Gigantic if he ever find that comment  ;D

Titanic was an Ocean Liner, not a cruise ship...

mvsmith

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2008, 18:12:55 »

Today she is a cruise ship.

What I meant, Nathan, is that what was an ocean liner in her day is a cruise ship today. If a seaworthy replica of her were made, she would be in cruise service.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 19:57:02 by mvsmith »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines