Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 08:55:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47   Go Down

Author Topic: Which vessels would you like to see added to Ship Sim in the future?  (Read 660260 times)

Pilot of the Sea

• Forum member
Re: Which vessels would you like to see added to Ship Sim in the future?
« Reply #450 on: December 26, 2007, 17:59:47 »

In memory of the crew of the Flying Phantom tug that sank recently, it should be added in the future.

Also, vessels such as the P&O Pride of Bruges, and maybe the Stena Voyager high speed ships should be included.

Pilot of the Sea :)

www.getfirefox.com

flathog

• Forum member
« Reply #451 on: December 28, 2007, 04:52:24 »

The Sydney Ferries would be the best new ships for the game, there is no other ship like them in game so-far and they are great fun in the rough sea's of Sydney Harbour during a storm ;D

Here's the Inner Harbour Ferries

The Manly Ferries

And the Parramatta River Cats which go from Circular Quay up the Parramatta River

And not forgetting the Manly Jet/Super Cat which travels between Circular Quay and Manly

If V-Step do take up this project I'm certain there would be plenty of Aussie's supporting them  ;D

Tom
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 04:54:05 by flathog »

Rog2

• Forum member
« Reply #452 on: December 28, 2007, 18:44:48 »

If any of you use Trainz, an excellent railway simulator, you will know that as their community developed, talented members created locomotives, rolling stock, scenery etc. which are downloadable. The majority of it is free, but some of the creators charge for their work. Good for them, it takes many hours to create a complex item. At the end of the day, the choice is yours, accept what you are given with good grace, or pay.
I hope that this community develops in popularity, and creative folks do add to the ships available. It's early days yet though, let's keep positive.

chase 123

• Forum member
« Reply #453 on: December 29, 2007, 02:54:40 »

the queen mary two would be awesome

Tavares Junior

• Forum member
« Reply #454 on: December 29, 2007, 04:42:56 »

More powerfull TUG's just like ASD and ore VS tug, really different than what we have in the game today.

Considering the particulars of the small tug in the game she is not the best option to assist the VERMAS and LATITUDE today also the Russian Tug she is not good maneuvarable to act properlly during handling those big ship's.
As humors shows that a big bulk carrier can come into the game is important to have more powerfull and agile tugs as the ASD tug wich todays had they excense of commands into the OCEAN STAR, so would be a bit easy for VS to creat this type of tug, is important that she must act with behavior of a 60 and or up to 100 tons bollard pull tug. With fwd and Aft towing winches.

hope VS will hear us with they good job :)

Tavares Jr
** Open Sea - Radar observer - SMCP - GPS / Chart Plotters / Certifyed yatch Master

pattor

• Forum member
« Reply #455 on: December 30, 2007, 04:54:15 »

- Product tanker 110-150 metres length, 15-25 m beam, 7-9 m draught

- Feeder 100-150 metres, 15-25 beam, 7-8 m draught

- Small coaster 70-95 metres length

- Vermaas with NO containers - in ballast

More cargo ships rather than more small crafts like patrol boats and so on...

And yes - no "unclever" obstructions (like the missing window on the P&O Ferry making it impossible to see the bow from the bridge wings).

CPT Patrick

« Reply #456 on: December 30, 2007, 19:06:13 »

Me and a friend would like to see a boat like them they use on deadliest catch or a normally fishing boat :)
something like the fishboat in shimsim06 ;)
maybe a stonger tugboat to use in the harbours.
and maybe a yatch or sailboats..:)
If the fishboats is comming in to the game in the future we would be happy if it came missons with the boat. like fishing at night in hard weather.

And it doesent have mutch to do with this but I think it would be fun if it could be snow storms. and winter weather in some missions and in freeroaming:)
and that we could use the searching/navigation light on the boat:) that would be cool.:)
and a litlebit more realistic at nights so it was darker so we just could see the lights on the boat at the open seas;)

Norrøna

• Forum member
« Reply #457 on: January 01, 2008, 13:19:57 »

Do you like this ship???????

Brian Walker

• Forum member
« Reply #458 on: January 01, 2008, 16:21:41 »

I think conspicuous by their absence in Ship Sim, especially on the Solent, are pleasure craft.  Now wouldn't a lot of you guys prefer to elbow the engines and use your sailing skill, using only the wind facility surplied on multiplayer. To have a pleasant day out sailing your yacht, or maybe compete in organised races even, say from the Hamble to Cowes for instance.  I guess the server owner would set the weather conditions, so all would be in the same boat 'scuse the pun..Guys who prefer engines (Inshore life boat for instance) could always stand by to fish out weekend sailors who capsize.  Just a thought. Regards, Brian

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #459 on: January 02, 2008, 00:26:48 »

That would indeed be nice. But it is my understanding that the wind has no effect on the ships in SS08 and that things like wind and currents and such will probably not be implemented untill the next SS.

So the sail would be quite useless, unfortunatly.

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #460 on: January 02, 2008, 20:28:33 »

Well, I think sailing is verry complicated to implement.

Just to set sail and trim the sails isn't difficult, but the feeling you need for sailing wil never be possible to implement in the game.

And by the way, there allready are at least three companies who make sailing sims.
Virtual sailor
Virtual skipper
Sailsimulator

They have all allready done a great job.

josephmaul

• Forum member
« Reply #461 on: January 04, 2008, 20:00:03 »

i would like the "lusitania" to be in the next ship sim and titanic again, but this time you can go in the grand staircase and corridors through cabins!

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #462 on: January 04, 2008, 22:13:24 »

has someone heared about that new cruise ship? it's bigger than the QM2. about 100 ft  :o that is what i would like to see in future ship sim's

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #463 on: January 04, 2008, 22:17:34 »

I would like to see something that we haven't already got in SS...  ;)

groennegaard

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #464 on: January 05, 2008, 14:37:13 »

How big is this thread going to get?? It's just pointless and endless amounts of wishes. The likelyness of VSTEP introducing ANY of these ships is extremely remote.

Well, if it keeps some of you busy ;)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers
Re: Wich vessels would you like to see added in Ship Sim in te future?
« Reply #465 on: January 05, 2008, 14:50:33 »

Hello.
I would like to se the "Walona" from Gothenburg :)

It is a passengership which homeport is Skarhamn in Gothenburg.

Speed: 18 Knots.
Passengers: 250
Cars: No
Lenght: 30 M
Widht: 8 M

Here is also a link to get more pictures or info: www.walona.se

Enjoy.
Greetings
Erik Halvorsen

this ship is awsome!, I love it,, it's really nice to travel with  :)

We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #466 on: January 06, 2008, 01:49:36 »

I don't mean to be patronising, but why should ANY developer make things free? A patch to repair a bug, yes- but new features? Who is going to pay for all Vsteps costs if they give things away free? Do you not realise how much work goes into it?

Stu

I don't mind paying extra for additional features such as new ships or new enviroment if I really like them. Otherwise developers may see little point or incentive to make the Ship Sim game more enjoyable for us all. Plus they need to make an earning!

Even the National Health Service (NHS) is not free - we pay income tax & National Insurance towards it. Also there's no such thing as a free lunch - it just mean they want something in return from you! (as I have discovered too many times) ;)

Kev
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

mvsmith

« Reply #467 on: January 06, 2008, 05:50:31 »

Get the latest issue of LEKKO International and make every tug in it. Then start working on the back issues.
There is no real need for other ships except as things to tow. We already have enough of those.
Well…maybe some barges and garbage scows would be nice.

Captain Kool

• Forum member
Re: Wich vessels would you like to see added in Ship Sim in te future?
« Reply #468 on: January 06, 2008, 09:09:19 »

Hello.
I would like to se the "Walona" from Gothenburg :)

It is a passengership which homeport is Skarhamn in Gothenburg.

Speed: 18 Knots.
Passengers: 250
Cars: No
Lenght: 30 M
Widht: 8 M

Here is also a link to get more pictures or info: www.walona.se

Enjoy.
Greetings
Erik Halvorsen

I love that vessel! The first ferry (the only ferry aswell) I ever commandeered looked very similar to that.! :] Very beautiful

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #469 on: January 06, 2008, 12:19:02 »

When this topic have reached 50 pages I'm sure that it contain 50% of the world fleet that people want to see in the game. How many boats are suggested?
Well it will be a very long boat list that you can select from while picking a multiplayer ship or a ship for free roaming that's for sure :D

Maybe a dowmload base where people can upload their add-ons and where others can download them can be a nice feature in the future when this game finally supports "directly added add-ons"? ;)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #470 on: January 06, 2008, 12:35:25 »

Maybe a dowmload base where people can upload their add-ons and where others can download them can be a nice feature in the future when this game finally supports "directly added add-ons"? ;)

You make it sound as if it is a good thing!!  ;D ;)

How many times I have raised my fist in anger towards the pc monitor after another poorly designed user-made addon make my sims crash/underperform/lock up/get messed beyond repair... I have lost count.

Granted, there's tons of good stuff to be downloaded for other sims, but the majority is sub standard and even though you follow all the advice in their respective readme files, it goes wrong so many times. I'd prefer a software developer releasing them so that we can be sure of quality, or - if a bug does slip through the net - get proper support.

Regards,
Fred

mvsmith

« Reply #471 on: January 06, 2008, 13:10:44 »

Yes, Fred, there are still some who have not got the word about third-party add-on ships:
It is not going to happen.
Marty

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #472 on: January 06, 2008, 13:30:21 »

Yes, Fred, there are still some who have not got the word about third-party add-on ships:
It is not going to happen.
Marty

Good. That makes sense ;D

So what is the purpose to have a Development Corner and some VDG thing then? To inspire 3D modelers and CG artists to make ships and boats for this game? Well, that's not gonna happen. Just a few people will contribute their 3D models to this game + the majority of Ketchup users. :D

Oh yeah...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 13:34:32 by JHB »

mvsmith

« Reply #473 on: January 06, 2008, 17:29:43 »

Anyone who can produce a quality model that meets the stated requirements can submit it to VSTEP for possible inclusion in the game—possibly even get paid for their efforts.
The demands of this simulator are much higher than the train or flight simulators, and it is not practical to provide a way for third parties to fully integrate their creations into the sim.
The fact is that relatively few members have the skill necessary to meet the requirements.
The purpose of Developers corner, and NVDG, if there is a purpose, is to make information available to any serious modelers who want to play by the rules. Unfortunately it also attracts some self-deluding ketchup users.

Regards,
Marty
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 19:57:34 by mvsmith »

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #474 on: January 06, 2008, 17:36:44 »

Anyone who can produce a quality model that meets the stated requirements can submit it to VSTEP for possible inclusion in the game—possibly even get paid for their efforts.
The demands of this simulator are much higher than the train or flight simulators, and it is not practical to provide a way for third parties to fully integrate their creations into the sim.
The fact is that relatively few members have the skill necessary to meet the requirements.
The purpose of Developers corner, and NDVG, if there is a purpose, is to make information available to any serious modelers who want to play by the rules. Unfortunately it also attracts some self-deluding ketchup users.

Regards,
Marty

"The demands of this simulator are much higher than the train or flight simulators" - I like the sound of that!  ;D

This might sound like a daft question, but what is a 'ketchup user'? I've never heard of this before and I tried to google it but can't find a definite answer.  ???

Thanks
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines