Hello Guest September 29, 2024, 00:15:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: How many people would buy the ShipDriver controller for EUR 199? (Discussion)  (Read 11018 times)

tom_baker1709

• Forum member

We have now over 25million euro in our lotto jackpot  :D
maybe... nah i dont think so  >:(

Its worth a try ;D 8)

firestar12

I think it looks cheap.

The Captain

• Forum member

I am going to say absolutely no, nein, no chance, and Ich leibst nicht denke so ;D. It looks to small in the picture anyway. Has anyone actually bought it?

firestar12

I am going to say absolutely no, nein, no chance, and Ich leibst nicht denke so ;D. It looks to small in the picture anyway. Has anyone actually bought it?
Anyways, trying to turn it probably makes the whole console turn.

Master Captain

• Forum member

dont think either controller has been released yet ;)

Multiplayer Ship Simmers Gaming Clan (http://www.mpssclan.co.uk/forum)  Sig By Agent|Austin

The Captain

• Forum member

Anyways, trying to turn it probably makes the whole console turn.

Yes, it looks like something really light that if you touch something, the whole thing goes forward.

dont think either controller has been released yet ;)

Oh. Thought it had.

firestar12

I don't know if it is me, but i vaguely remember a topic exactly like this one, but it wasnt the same topic.

Master Captain

• Forum member

probally was this topic as it dates back to quite a while ago ;)

Multiplayer Ship Simmers Gaming Clan (http://www.mpssclan.co.uk/forum)  Sig By Agent|Austin

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member

Revised release date for Ship Driver is now apparently set for early April, but still no indication as to how much it would cost.

Frankly, the lack of marketing and publicity for ShipDriver worries me.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

TerryRussell

We'll have to ask Vstep to go into production. The ones at their launch of Ship Sim PRO were most impressive!

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member

We'll have to ask Vstep to go into production. The ones at their launch of Ship Sim PRO were most impressive!

I was going to suggest that in my previous posting, but I didn't appear to be rude or harassing the good people at VSTEP, especially since they have so much work.

I've seen some screenshots of ShipDriver and there seem to be a lot of unnecessary bits added on such as onboard sub-woofer and rows of 20-odd buttons. It could be why Ship Driver is so expensive.

Maybe if Ship Driver had been trimmed down to just a simple console with a steering unit, twin control levers, 2 bow & stern thruster spring switches and a couple of spare buttons then I'm sure these would be more than sufficient for playing Ship Sim. Sound can be provided by means of PC speakers.

OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

TerryRussell

I think that the Vstep Consoles would be in the region of 5-8,000 Euros, though. They were made with some very professional gear!

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member

I think that the Vstep Consoles would be in the region of 5-8,000 Euros, though. They were made with some very professional gear!

Ooh  :o I didn't realise they would cost that much! Like I said earlier, if someone came up with a "no frills" console for Ship Sim and cost less than Ship Driver then I'd be happy.  ;D

Shipaddict

• Forum member

Perhaps the lack of price indicated it won't be cheap :-\

crysisfreak

how do u get multplayer to work?????????????????????

firestar12

how do u get multplayer to work?????????????????????
Hello crysisfreak, why dont you start a topic about this in Technical Support. You will get more help there.

Captain Tony

• Forum member

I wouldn't buy it. All of the things that I dislike about it have already been said. So the only thing I can add is that I had purchased the "train driver" console for MSTS, and I was very disappointed with it. You could save some money and possibly achieve the same performance with a programable joystick/throttle.

serkan

• Forum member

I probably buy it, looks good in the pic. I think shipsim would be nice to play with it.
www.3dship.net (http://www.3dship.net)

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member

Perhaps the lack of price indicated it won't be cheap :-\

Yes, that's what I'm worried about.

So far, the only place which I could find ShipDriver (on pre-order) is from a website in Belgium so even if I do place an order, there may be nasty surprise such as having to paying for custom charges and VAT too.   :(
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines