Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 20:30:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Have you been on a plane before? Ever?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Planes  (Read 17140 times)

The Captain

• Forum member
Re: Planes
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2008, 22:28:00 »

BTW fun flying at night and seeing all the little ants on the freeway.  :P
LOL! ;D. Isint it nice that all the ants wont bite you 3,000 feet in the air? :D.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2008, 22:28:58 »

LOL! ;D. Isint it nice that all the ants wont bite you 3,000 feet in the air? :D.
Yeah best part is I leave early in the morning so I can take some nice photos. With sunrise and such.

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2008, 22:37:16 »

Ohh so you do get to see the sunrise. My dad has been flying to columbia for years now but I havent goten the chance to go on an airplane to meet my family there :-\. All the reletives I know are from my moms side of the family because they are american and they all live in florida. My mom said that she will take me on a plane to columbia some day, so, I am still hoping ;).

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2008, 22:51:05 »

Ohh so you do get to see the sunrise. My dad has been flying to columbia for years now but I havent goten the chance to go on an airplane to meet my family there :-\. All the reletives I know are from my moms side of the family because they are american and they all live in florida. My mom said that she will take me on a plane to columbia some day, so, I am still hoping ;).

Well ticket prices are high right now, just because of fuel prices. And ever since 9/11 security takes HOURS, you get like no food onboard so bring money to buy some at the airport and take it on. Liquid restriction are dumb for us NON-BOMBERS.  ::) It just got worse. I liked it when the whole plane was open to do what ever.

TerryRussell

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2008, 22:53:13 »

Have a great time, A|A.

Hi, The Captain.

Like you, I have a lot of relatives in Florida (Mother-in-Law, Sisters-in_law, Brother-in-Law, neices, nephews). My Mother-in-Law went to Ireland two years ago. So we went there, stayed in our cottage near Galway for a couple of days, met up for an afternoon, then we went home again.

Then last year she went to Scotland, so we drove up and went round with her for a week or so.

I've never been to Columbia (so far), though. Maybe, one day.

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2008, 20:37:21 »

Hmm, I really would like to go to columbia, and as a/a said, gas is very expensive. Its not that my family cant afford it, its just that columbia is the death capitol of the world :o! So tell me, how would you like it if your kid was in the death capitol of the world for a week? How do you think it would feel as a parent :P.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2008, 21:08:19 »

Hmm, I really would like to go to columbia, and as a/a said, gas is very expensive. Its not that my family cant afford it, its just that columbia is the death capitol of the world :o! So tell me, how would you like it if your kid was in the death capitol of the world for a week? How do you think it would feel as a parent :P.
Lol  :P

I would probably commit an act of violence. Maybe you should go somewhere else like Hawaii.  :P

Edited by Terry. Description of act of violence removed
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 21:11:21 by TerryRussell »

TerryRussell

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2008, 21:09:18 »

My son has been there. But like me, he goes to a lot of dangerous places.

I don't think Columbia is the "death capital". Many war zones are far worse. I've been to some of them.

As with all things, taking sensible precautions, not going to places known to be risky and not doing things that mark you as a target will help a lot.

But, not going to dangerous places, unless you really HAVE to, makes a lot more sense...

Anyway, you Americans don't really know about high prices for fuel. You should live here, in the tax capital of the world. I paid about £1.10 per litre today. There are 4.5 litres per gallon, so that's £4.95 per gallon. There are about $2 = £1, so that's about $10/gallon.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2008, 21:14:50 »

I don't think Columbia is the "death capital". Many war zones are far worse. I've been to some of them.

As with all things, taking sensible precautions, not going to places known to be risky and not doing things that mark you as a target will help a lot.

But, not going to dangerous places, unless you really HAVE to, makes a lot more sense...

Anyway, you Americans don't really know about high prices for fuel. You should live here, in the tax capital of the world. I paid about £1.10 per litre today. There are 4.5 litres per gallon, so that's £4.95 per gallon. There are about $2 = £1, so that's about $10/gallon.

Diesel is just over $5/gallon here now.

TerryRussell

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2008, 21:42:26 »

I'm not sure about the price of diesel, but I know it's even more than petrol (gas).

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2008, 22:38:27 »

you kdding were i live just out side london petrol is £1.39 a leter

TerryRussell

« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2008, 22:47:28 »

Phew! That's $12.50 a gallon.

I know prices went up with the tanker driver's strike over the past few days. Maybe I paid more than 1.10 per litre.  ???

I stopped worrying some while ago. I have to travel to do my job ad the fuel costs whatever it costs.

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2008, 22:52:17 »

Filled up with diesel in Hampshire today and it was £1.319 per litre!! Gold dust might be cheaper!

TerryRussell

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2008, 22:58:11 »

Just checked my petrol receipt. I filled up at Membury Services on the M4 today and yes, that was about the same price.

As I said, "you Americans don't know about expensive fuel" (yet).

My mother-in-Law is American and she rings me every now and again to ask what the price of fuel is over here.

I once asked her why and she said "It makes things look so much better here in Florida!".   ;D

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2008, 00:32:54 »

Just checked my petrol receipt. I filled up at Membury Services on the M4 today and yes, that was about the same price.

As I said, "you Americans don't know about expensive fuel" (yet).

My mother-in-Law is American and she rings me every now and again to ask what the price of fuel is over here.

I once asked her why and she said "It makes things look so much better here in Florida!".   ;D

Actually our oil provider stepped up production and prices are going down for us now.  ;D

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2008, 01:52:51 »

last time i checked for diesel the price was about one pound per kilo

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2008, 09:10:36 »

Not really that is cheap for a plane.

What size llama? Is it yours or do you rent it? Is it paid off are are you still paying off the loan?

Not really 'Cheap for a plane', You can buy a fairly decent plane for that amount, like the one shown. It also depends what you are buying, Cessna's - Few hundred thousand. Jabiru's -$50 000 AU.

Choppers (R22) $10 000 (Kit) - $50 000

Bell  (Jetranger 406) A few million.

AB A380 - $100 000 000's...

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2008, 10:55:16 »

hang on it will check

no i dont have a fue million in my pocket right now i will check behind the sofa maybe it there   ;D

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2008, 10:57:51 »

hang on it will check

no i dont have a fue million in my pocket right now i will check behind the sofa maybe it there   ;D

Don't forget to check under the cushions.

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2008, 20:46:40 »

Yes, I quite sure that columbia is the death capitol of the world, what with the gurrilas and all. Its just the small detail that I could get kidnapped by them. War zones are worse, but then again, the jungles in columbia are pretty much war zones because of the gurrilas.

You know, in the last 200 years, 100 new TAXES have been added to america. Back then, we were the most prosperous country in the world. I wonder why we arent now ::).

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2008, 20:47:51 »

Yes, I quite sure that columbia is the death capitol of the world, what with the gurrilas and all. Its just the small detail that I could get kidnapped by them. War zones are worse, but then again, the jungles in columbia are pretty much war zones because of the gurrilas.

You know, in the last 200 years, 100 new TAXES have been added to america. Back then, we were the most prosperous country in the world. I wonder why we arent now ::).
7 days from today I will be on a plane. So a week from today videos will be uploaded.  :D

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2008, 20:49:18 »

Good to know.  You will tell where they will be, right?

Jackobaker53

• Forum member
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2008, 20:50:16 »

:O 16 days and ill be on a plane, btw have any of you seen an airbus a380? the new double decker one? i had the morning off scool and drove past heathrow to see one flying right in front of me :), they quite big
Gypsies call themselves travellers,but most of their caravans dont have wheels

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2008, 20:52:09 »

:O 16 days and ill be on a plane, btw have any of you seen an airbus a380? the new double decker one? i had the morning off scool and drove past heathrow to see one flying right in front of me :), they quite big
No because they suck. We have never flown on airbus.

I also know some. If you have a plane that can only land at 5 airports world wide because of size. What if you need to make an emergency landing? A 737 can land at almost any international airport world wide and if needed can land on any expressway. Notice anything?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 21:12:20 by Agent|Austin »

Jackobaker53

• Forum member
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2008, 20:54:33 »

airbus looks good ;D
Gypsies call themselves travellers,but most of their caravans dont have wheels
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines