Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 21:52:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Have you been on a plane before? Ever?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Planes  (Read 17141 times)

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
Re: Planes
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2008, 22:25:45 »

today i did nuffink today as have finish school so i put out a mouse trap in the shed to kill some mice as we put out bird food

TerryRussell

« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2008, 22:30:10 »

Chaps, please see the Forum rules at

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,26.0.html

which explain that short and off-topic posts may be considered to be spam.

Pauljanaway, I hope you read my similar message in the Titanic Mission thread.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2008, 22:31:42 »

we are i staded that plane travel is the safest form of travel but when thing go wrong the van go realy wrong so there is nuffin off topic as it is still about planes

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2008, 22:37:21 »

Hey, thats what my dad used to do. But after some time, the rats stopped comming becuase they were weary of the rat traps. Now, any rat that comes into the yard, I shoot them with my dad's BB-gun. About a month ago, a rat was right next to my dad eating birdseed that we put out for the birds. I went into the garage, got the gun, and shot him, from the other side of my yard. Marksman ship shot, right in the middle neck region, killing it instantly. My dad was amazed at my marksmanship and stared at me wide eyed. Dont forget how small a rat is and how inaccurate a BB-gun is. Also, I was at the complete other end of my yard, shooting over my pool and right in the rats neck! I think that was a pretty good day for me. My dad usually can ever hit a rat with the gun. But on my best try, a perfect shot.

By the way, dont think I go out and kill rats for fun or for a living, because I most certantly do not! ;D

By the way again, sorry Terry, wont happen again sir! :-[.

TerryRussell

« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2008, 23:28:03 »

And to keep this on topic, here are a couple of shots I took a few weeks ago. The one withe the Cyrpus airline plaves is at Larnaca airport (Cyprus). The other was taken as we came in to Athens on my way back to Gatwick.

Jango

• Forum member
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2008, 17:12:04 »

what was the altitud on the second picture :)

TerryRussell

« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2008, 20:49:50 »

what was the altitud on the second picture :)

Dunno. They wouldn't let go out on the wings with a tape measure....  ;D

We were about 4 minutes from touchdown, so I would guess around 3 - 4,000 ft.

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2008, 13:27:52 »

Looks like you flew in a <Boeing 737-300 extended range model>
With that knolage I was able to calculate that you would have been at 5500feet(ARL) if you were 4 minutes from landing.  The picture looks like less but I think that is because the airport is in a valley, so you really are 5500ft above the airports relative altitude.

==> The above was a huge sign of a waisted childhood. ;D <==
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 13:31:59 by llamalord »
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

TerryRussell

« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2008, 15:40:14 »

No, I wasn't in any of the planes in the picture.

This was only a short "hop" from Larnaca to Athens, so probably not in an extended range model. Could have been, though.

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2008, 19:57:04 »

I am going to north carolina on july 2 from florida. It is my first time flying EVER!, so I am expecting to get scared ;D.

Well, I had a great time on the flight :). When we were only meer inches away from the ground, my head felt like it was going to explode ;D. Seems that was only the pressure and my head getting used to it :D. After that, everything else was smooth. Now, all I have to do is wait 2 hours for the boarding of the plane. Then, the flight home for about another 2 hours. I am in the airport at the moment and it is quite busy. Not too much to do in the airport I see but wait. It is a good thing I have so much patience ::) ;D.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines