Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 14:18:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: how do you rotate the ships in mission editor help please  (Read 10492 times)

Douglas123

• Forum member
how do you rotate the ships in mission editor help please
« on: January 02, 2008, 05:43:56 »

i cant figure out how to rotate the ships in 2008 ship sim in the mission editor i click on them but they dont turn Help please! ??? ??? ???
The fishies wait for you when your sailing incase you sink <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

mvsmith

Re: how do you rotate the ships in mission editor help please
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 06:02:54 »

Douglas:
When you click on a vessel to select it, you should see a green and a blue arrow for moving the ship.
You should also see a curved double-head arrow. Move the mouse pointer over the curved arrow; it should turn a brighter green. Hold the left mouse button down and drag the curved arrow to rotate the ship.
You will find more information in the tutorial PDF that is in the Tutorials section of FAQ and Announcements:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,3653.0.html
Good Luck
Marty

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 06:04:52 »

Hello Douglas123, and welcome to the forums,

When you have placed a ship on the map, click on it.

Now a big icon should apear at the ship's location.

it looks like this:

The arrows will light up when you roll your mouse pointer over them. When they do, you can use them by left-clicking and holding and then moving the mouse.

When you left-click and hold on that curvedd green two-pointed arrow and move your mouse , you can rotate the ships.
Do the same with the green arrow that points forward and you can move the ship front/back
Do the same with the blue arrow that points to the right and you can move the ship left/right
Click and hold on (or in) the white circle and you can just "pick" the vessel up and move it around.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,
Fred

*Edit* Marty beat me to it  ;D 

Douglas123

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 06:12:24 »

i clicked on the ship no arrows came up
The fishies wait for you when your sailing incase you sink <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Tavares Junior

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 06:53:24 »

hi Douglas,
Are you sure that you are into the SS08 mission editor ? OK.

So after choosing an area and selected a ship (From the player list) then choice your ship given a clik onto the ships name/type and then place her into the area (water) then you can see a yellow line (square) around the vessel/boat then click on the vessel with the left bottom of the mouse then a Green and Blue arrows shall appears. ( Mouse the scroll out going to be with the camera away from the ship try be very high and then the arrows will be biggers.

If do you find the arrows and then just follow the msg from Mad_Fred and mvsmith for sure you gonna have a nice help to create some nice missions, then just use your imagination.

Cheers, ;D
Tavares Jr
** Open Sea - Radar observer - SMCP - GPS / Chart Plotters / Certifyed yatch Master

foxmj

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 01:05:33 »

Hey all,

I had a similar problem just after I installed the game. If you have installed the latest original download (v1.1) and then the upgrade to (v1.3) you will not have the arrows! You must install (v1.1) then install the editor and finally install the latest update (v1.3)That's the only way I could get the arrows to show up in he editor!

Regards...

trust

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 20:22:21 »

i can't get the arrows up ether but i dont want 2 install everthing again plz make it sympler also we need more player ships

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 20:25:18 »

Hmm, I don't think VSTEp are going to make that change to the mission editor then let everyone download it again.

There is a LOT of player ships.

trust

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 20:31:23 »

well the player ships need to be more interactive

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 20:32:21 »

In what way :)

oggie

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 22:08:44 »

>:(same with me no arrows

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 22:12:15 »

Hello oggie, welcome to the forum,

I take it, you have installed the V1.0 to V1.3 patch?
There is a slight bug in the new editor that comes with the latest patch.
To have the editor working without problems, you will have to have the old editor installed too.

Install the patches and editor in this order to make it work again:

-Patch V1.1
-Mission Editor
-Patch V1.1 - V1.3

Grab what you need here: http://www.shipsim.com/downloads/patches.php

Regards,
Fred

TerryRussell

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 22:59:02 »

There is a slight bug in the new editor that comes with the latest patch.

LOL
LOL  ;D ;D

Hmmm.... Is the loss of arrows the only problem it causes, Fred? I think I might reinstall mine and see if that helps with my problems.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 23:36:43 »

Well.. there is another bug or two...  ::)

But still, your problems are a bit weird. It's not something that can be consistently seen with other creators. So there's more to it I guess.  It's come up before, but more often, the system works.

But now you mention it. A new install of the original mission editor and then patching the game again might work.

IIRC DJM had some problems with the new ME too even though he had the old version installed previously. (I think, I'm sure he'll correct me if I am wrong)

You could try it, if only to eliminate the possibility.

Fred

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2008, 00:20:22 »

IIRC DJM had some problems with the new ME too even though he had the old version installed previously. (I think, I'm sure he'll correct me if I am wrong)

No need for me to correct you my friend, you're correct ;)
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

TerryRussell

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 00:50:12 »

Well.. there is another bug or two...  ::)

But still, your problems are a bit weird. It's not something that can be consistently seen with other creators. So there's more to it I guess.  It's come up before, but more often, the system works.

But now you mention it. A new install of the original mission editor and then patching the game again might work.

You could try it, if only to eliminate the possibility.

Fred

Hi Fred.

I did reinstall and I think I did it in sequence, but I might not have innstalled the ME separately. I'll retry.

But, I think my problems may actually be due to two things:

(1) I think there is a bug in the ShipSim version that some of you big cheeses use  ;)
(2) I think that there is a bug in the downloader module of SS2008.

Item (1) because it only seems to be you big chiefs who can't run some of the missions I create. I have sent it to users with the standard version and they have no problems. I have then sent the same missions to people with different versions and they have problems. At the moment, I don't know if it is restricted to different language versions or some other variant, but I am homing in slowly.

Item (2) becuase I have compared the version that the CMMs have downloaded against the version I uploaded, and everything after byte 70 is corrupted.

I think this indicates that it isn't my installation at fault (since most people can play them), but I'll reinstall just to strike that possibility off th elist.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 01:00:10 »

Hi Terry,

Big Cheese..  heheh..  hardly!!   ;D

Actually, regarding your first point, I can say that I had the similar version you had when I tested the other mission that had a similar problem. I only recently installed a new one.

Plus, CMM's with the "non-big-chief"  version DO have this problem too. so it's not just the newer versions.
As I said, it's totally, well.. mostly, inconsistent.

As to point 2, yes, I think there is. As I have had a few reports allready from people who had weird things happening in one of my missions, that were solved when they downloaded it again. So the upload was ok. But when it's downloaded to the player, it got corrupted too.

This however, does not explain why I get CTD's with your mission (same when I was on 1.3) when I grab the zip that contains the very one that runs on your machine.  Logic would dictate it should work for me aswell, if we both run a similar version, right?

Anyway, yeah it would be wise to eliminate the ME version. You probably know the sequence. But just FYI, V1.1 -> Editor -> V1.3

Regards,
Fred

john morris

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 08:51:44 »

I have got round this problem by placing the required ship as near to position as possible. Add a suitable tug to the mission and push/pull ship to final position. Play the mission for a while and then save the mission.
Works for me.

TerryRussell

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 10:42:56 »

Hi Terry,

Big Cheese..  heheh..  hardly!!   ;D

Hi Fred.

I have you marked as the Grand Edam of ShipSim!  ;D

Actually, regarding your first point, I can say that I had the similar version you had when I tested the other mission that had a similar problem. I only recently installed a new one.

Plus, CMM's with the "non-big-chief"  version DO have this problem too. so it's not just the newer versions.
As I said, it's totally, well.. mostly, inconsistent.

Only a lot! When one of your CMMs went to test one of my hovercraft missions, it CTD. I re-uploaded, and same thing. But when I emailed him the same one that crashed for you, it worked perfectly  ::)

Confused?

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 10:48:51 »

Grand Edam..   ;D

Nah.. I'm just a rookie here..  A small piece of Gouda perhaps..  tops..

As for the confusing..  yes!  :)

Fred

TerryRussell

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2008, 11:29:44 »

No need for me to correct you my friend, you're correct ;)

Hi DJM!

What problems did you have?

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008, 11:31:55 »

Hi DJM!

What problems did you have?

Hiya Terry :)

The problems were mainly to do with Waypoints, some were being altered whilst saving the mission after editing, some were moved, some were reset to default.  Not too bad, just a little frustrating ;)
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 12:51:29 »

Terry,
I have the straightforward version of the game only. Bought from Amazon on CD and simply updated from the Vstep Website. Nothing else, I am such a little cheese I'm almost invisible, probably only a Kraft triangle  ;), but using the bog standard version of the game only. As you say, I could play your Emailed version of Holland Hovercraft challenge OK but not the Uploaded version. However I have had no problems at all with anyone elses uploads so how does that get explained? I certainly have no idea, but it is odd that I only have had a problem with your uploaded missions. ??? I should perhaps add that my computer is also a bog standard one, with nothing changed from when it came off the display unit in our local PC World shop. (I got it cheap as it had been used as a display.) Picture below.

Angus.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 13:01:28 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

TerryRussell

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2008, 12:53:50 »

The problems were mainly to do with Waypoints, some were being altered whilst saving the mission after editing, some were moved, some were reset to default.  Not too bad, just a little frustrating ;)

Good morning to you, oh Great Gouda of ShipSim.  ;D

Yes, that one is quite frustrating. No rhyme or reason to it that I can see. Also, the running order of the waypoints sometimes changes between saving a mission and reloading it.

And if you delete ships or waypoints, then all bets are off as to what gets swapped into the place of the one just deleted. Or what else may have been deleted or modified.

I know that the development time is stretched with new product developemnt, but in order to maintain the interest of players, good quality new missions are vital. All of the problems related to Mission Editor are working strongly against this.

I think the TrainSim community show what a fanatical level of following can be achieved if it is possible to create new models, new environments and new missions. (Sorry if my bobble-hat is showing). We really do need that level of fanaticism for ShipSim.

TerryRussell

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2008, 13:00:00 »

Terry,
I have the straightforward version of the game only. Bought from Amazon on CD and simply updated from the Vstep Website. Nothing else, I am such a little cheese I'm almost invisible, probably only a Kraft triangle  ;), but using the bog standard version of the game only. As you say, I could play your Emailed version of Holland Hovercraft challenge OK but not the Uploaded version. However I have had no problems at all with anyone elses uploads so how does that get explained? I certainly have no idea, but it is odd that I only have had a problem with your uploaded missions. ???

Angus.

Hi Angus!

Good to hear that so many people are working for cheeses.   ;D ;D

Actually, I think the problem you had was item (2) - the uploader or downloader bug(s).

No-one, including me could run the uploaded version. When I compared the version that you had downloaded against the one I emaile dto you, everything after byte 70 was corrupted. So that's a failure of the uploader (from me to Vstep) or the downloader (from Vstep to you).

If you downloaded it via a link (as in missions posted in the forums), then it is probably a bug in the uploader. But if you download via the Custom Missions Menu in Ship Sim then its a bug in the downloader.

All info is useful.  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines