Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 13:51:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: how do you rotate the ships in mission editor help please  (Read 10494 times)

NathanC

Re: how do you rotate the ships in mission editor help please
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 13:17:58 »

I have this problem. I'm not going to go back to 1.1 though, i don't really want/need editor anyway

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2008, 13:40:03 »

Good morning to you, oh Great Gouda of ShipSim.  ;D

LOL, I wish ;D

As for your points about development, I can assure you that all the testers are working closely with the development team to resolve issues in many different areas, including the Mission Editor :)

Any issues that are reported on the forum, are relayed to the team (if they haven't been spotted and reported already) ;)
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

TerryRussell

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2008, 13:43:50 »

As for your points about development, I can assure you that all the testers are working closely with the development team to resolve issues in many different areas, including the Mission Editor :)

Any issues that are reported on the forum, are relayed to the team (if they haven't been spotted and reported already) ;)

Just have to clone a few more programers... Failing that, you could organise a programmer hunt. You can generally find them hidden in the basements of buildings. They don't come out in daylight and only leave when it's dark, so that they can feast on the blood of double-glazing salesmen.

Written from the underground desk of the Emperor Gorgonzola. Best eaten with marmite.

TerryRussell

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2008, 14:56:28 »

Terry,
I should perhaps add that my computer is also a bog standard one, with nothing changed from when it came off the display unit in our local PC World shop. (I got it cheap as it had been used as a display.) Picture below.
Angus.

Hi Angus.

The PC I'm using is almost identical to yours (mine is the 2019UK). I very much doubt it's PC related.

TerryRussell

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 14:57:18 »

LOL, I wish ;D

Carl, I love the new image!

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2008, 14:57:38 »

Good to hear that so many people are working for cheeses.   ;D ;D

;)  *Cough* Avatar *Cough* ;D

Carl, I love the new image!

I thought you might ;D

Edit:  This Avatar is only a temporary measure, until tomorrow......just having a laugh ;D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 15:13:41 by [RWP]DJM »

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

TerryRussell

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2008, 16:00:13 »

But now you mention it. A new install of the original mission editor and then patching the game again might work.

IIRC DJM had some problems with the new ME too even though he had the old version installed previously. (I think, I'm sure he'll correct me if I am wrong)

You could try it, if only to eliminate the possibility.

Fred

Hi Fred.

All re-installed. I started with the original download
Installed V1.1
Installed Mission Editor
Installed V1.3
Installed Add-on Ship pack

I think I will also re-install Vista (Yeuk) on this PC and set up a separate environment. They can share the same Custom Missions folder, but have different installations of ShipSim.

TerryRussell

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2008, 19:57:28 »

Hi Carl and Fred.

I have now installed Vista on this PC. Dual-boots with XP Pro. And managed to get back to this forum (loud cheering)  ;D

I have re-installed ShipSim2008 on XP and clean installed it on Vista.

Sequence:
original
V1.1
Mission Editor
V1.3
Add-on Pack.

So, I will retry some of the missions later.

This also has the added benefit that if a user reports a technical problem which involves Vista, I can now try reproducing it here.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2008, 21:32:37 »

Hmm......Vista eh Terry.......have fun :P ;)

Joking aside, I hope it all works ok for you now :)

TerryRussell

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2008, 21:49:31 »

Well, I have Vista running.

But SS08 just shows as a blue window. Hmm...

I'll figure it out, though.

I can always go into XP (made sure of that!)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2008, 21:57:53 »

Always a good idea to have a backup plan eh ;)

I haven't had a dual-boot since 98/XP in 2003, Vista needs 3rd-party software to DB right?

TerryRussell

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2008, 22:04:34 »

Ok. Fixed it.

My fault, as I have redirected "documents" to the wrong place (that's the Vista replacement for "my documents". ShipSim2008 needs it for the userdata files etc. Without that information, it waits with a blue window.

I haven't had a dual-boot since 98/XP in 2003, Vista needs 3rd-party software to DB right?

No, so long as you install to another folder or drive, it handles it for you, quite well. There isn't a "boot.ini" file any more, but you just change the setttings from "System Properties" dialogue.

I am going to get another machine to sextuple boot, with Windows 95, 98SE, ME, Win2K, XP and Vista. That just leaves NT4 and Home Server to go. But I have those running on other machines here.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2008, 22:07:54 »

Multi-Boot eh......PASS ;D

I couldn't go back to '95 (or OSR2) ever again, or '98 for that matter ;)

TerryRussell

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2008, 22:26:19 »

Actually, I liked 98SE. I had it running very reliably and very fast. It took a lot to swap to Win2k.

But I like consistency. I now have Vista looking pretty much like Win2K.

oggie

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2008, 23:10:21 »

TerryRussell

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2008, 01:01:15 »

Hi DJM.

Now that I have installed Vista and ShipSim2008, both from scratch:

I have re-done one of the missions that was proving problematical. I have renamed it and modified a few waypoints, added some static ships and then saved with a different name and (fanfare of trumpets) uploaded it for the CMMs. "Tanker Troubles".

Let's see if it works OK from a vanilla installation within a Vanilla installation of Vista. .....  ::)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2008, 01:06:22 »

Hiya Terry :)

Up to now, everything seems fine, environment ok, no CTD ;)

Not had chance to test it yet, but looking good so far :)

TerryRussell

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2008, 01:18:15 »

Yippee!

Fingers crossed. If this works, then I can do it from Vista from now onwards. I would much prefer to doit the QA way.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2008, 05:49:37 »

About this thing that it isn't possible to rotate the ships in Mission Editor: I am only now "getting my feet wet" with the Editor, and I found that it isn't enough to click on a ship to get the arrows. I had to doubleclick on the yellow square that appeared underneath the ship, only then did the arrows appear.. :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 05:55:14 by saltydog »

mvsmith

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2008, 09:04:12 »

Yes, Dawg, that’s a good point that I should mention in the Tutorial. I always work with the view rotated to straight down, so I never noticed. Thanks for bringing it up.
Regards,
Marty

BrianG

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2008, 07:28:57 »

Douglas:
When you click on a vessel to select it, you should see a green and a blue arrow for moving the ship.
You should also see a curved double-head arrow. Move the mouse pointer over the curved arrow; it should turn a brighter green. Hold the left mouse button down and drag the curved arrow to rotate the ship.
You will find more information in the tutorial PDF that is in the Tutorials section of FAQ and Announcements:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,3653.0.html
Good Luck
Marty

Hi Marty,

The above quote has nothing to do with this message, I am using it to get my reply to a PM from you as the forum has moved.
 It was bought as a gift to me from Amazon (Invoice date 27NOV2007. I started using it 15Mar2008. I don't remember what version it was originally was but have a note that I updated it to 1.3 on 15MAR2008.

I have just started my Mission Editor and it has no version or build number in the bottom LH corner of the first screen I attach jpg. (My ship sim 2008 does have V1.3 and buuild 101 in that location. Regards BrianG
I only see so far because I stand on the shoulders of giants - Isaac Newton

mvsmith

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2008, 08:17:04 »

Hi Brian,
If the CD was made back in November, it is definitely not 1.3.

I would suggest removing all traces of SS08 except:
1. Save any missions you might want to keep.
2. You should be offered the option to keep your profile.

Install from the CD, which should be 1.0.
Install the 1.1 update.
Install the 1.1 Mission Editor and try it to see if you can move objects.
Install the 1.3 update.

It is important to have the 1.1 ME before you update to 1.3 because the 1.3 ME uses part of the 1.1 ME.
Good Luck,
Marty

Jayshum

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2008, 19:02:45 »

Just thought I'd add some info, hope it's helpful (if not without needing payment!).

I had the same problem as the poster of this topic did, but because my computer couldn't run shipsim very well, I wasn't too bothered. After I installed New Horizons, it worked fine (and especially now with my new GPU as well). I've made a ton of 'scenarios' for towing, and just having loads of different boats etc. So to sum up, New Horizons appears to fix this as well.

TerryRussell

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2008, 20:07:45 »

Yes, in NH they changed the  Mission Editor so that the section that was only in V1.1 ME was also included in the NH / V1.4 version.

There are a couple of threads about that if anyone is interested. Sorry, I don't remember where they are though.

BrianG

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2008, 21:12:40 »

Hi Brian,
If the CD was made back in November, it is definitely not 1.3.

I would suggest removing all traces of SS08 except:
1. Save any missions you might want to keep.
2. You should be offered the option to keep your profile.

Install from the CD, which should be 1.0.
Install the 1.1 update.
Install the 1.1 Mission Editor and try it to see if you can move objects.
Install the 1.3 update.

It is important to have the 1.1 ME before you update to 1.3 because the 1.3 ME uses part of the 1.1 ME.
Good Luck,
Marty

I reinstalled SS2008 from my disk and it is V1.0 Build 1000.

The V1.1 and 1.3 updates are over 500mb each. My 500mbs connection estimates they will take 4 or 5 hours each to download so I will try again when things are quieter. Regards BrianG
I only see so far because I stand on the shoulders of giants - Isaac Newton
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines