Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 15:58:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: how do you rotate the ships in mission editor help please  (Read 10495 times)

mvsmith

Re: how do you rotate the ships in mission editor help please
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2008, 23:10:35 »

Brian,
Don’t forget to also download the Mission Editor; it is not included in the main 1.1 update.
Be thankful that you don’t have to update via 52k dialup, as I do.
Regards,
Marty

BrianG

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2008, 07:24:49 »

Brian,
Don’t forget to also download the Mission Editor; it is not included in the main 1.1 update.
Regards,
Marty

Overnight the downloads the 1.1 update and the 1.3 update were completed. I downloaded 1.1 Mission Editor this morning in a few minutes.
In order to retain goodwill I suggest VSTEP offers a CD Exchange to 56K connection customers when a 500mb download is needed. I am allright Jack.

Having downloaded the 1.3 update I suspect I have downloaded the wrong one! Luckily I had not installed it.There are two 1.3  downloads on the Download 'Patches' page 1.0 to 1.3 and 1.1 to 1.3.

So should the 1.0. to 1.3 download be removed from the page to stop it causing any more problems?

I will now download 1.1 to 1.3. and use that instead of 1.0.to 1.3. Regards BrianG

I only see so far because I stand on the shoulders of giants - Isaac Newton

BrianG

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2008, 11:04:24 »

Brian,
Regards,
Marty

Problem solved.

Decided where to save my downloads in case I needed them more than once. New folder on desktop will do but a more permanent folder may be preferred.

Went to SS2008 home page.
Clicked on heading to go to DownLoads
Clicked on option in lefthand column to go to patches.
Downloaded the SS2008 V1.0 to V1.1 update.(Best done overnight)
Downloaded the V1.1 to V1.3 update .(Best done over night maybe both together. Don't download the V1.0 to 1.3 Update by mistake.)
I downloaded Mission Editor V1.1.(This is quick.)

Uninstalled SS2008 taking option to save missions and profile.
ReInstalled SS2008 V1.0 from my CD.
Installed SS2008 V1.0 to V1.1 update.
Installed Mission editor V1.1.
Tested Mission Editor sufficiently to confirm that after placing a ship on the sea it can be rotated. OK.
Installed SS2008 V1.1 to V1.3 update.
Thanks Marty. Regards BrianG

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2008, 12:20:14 »

Hiya BrianG :)

So should the 1.0. to 1.3 download be removed from the page to stop it causing any more problems?

The 1.0 > 1.3 Update is required for some members who have an earlier version of Ship Simulator (prior to 1.1) :)

Regards.

DJM.

Edit:  To check which version you are currently running, start the game, then check the lower-left corner of the screen ;)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 12:22:28 by [RWP]DJM »
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

BrianG

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2008, 13:24:28 »

Hiya BrianG :)

The 1.0 > 1.3 Update is required for some members who have an earlier version of Ship Simulator (prior to 1.1) :)

Regards.

DJM.

Edit:  To check which version you are currently running, start the game, then check the lower-left corner of the screen ;)
Hi DJM,

It was applying the 1.0 to 1.3 update that caused my Mission Editor rotation problem and will presumably cause it to others. If there is a way to use it without causing the problem I suggest it is mentioned on the 'Patch' page. Possibly if I had installed Mission Editor v1.1 first it would not have happened but I don't know. Regards BrianG

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2008, 14:11:47 »

Hiya again BrianG :)

I think I may have misunderstood what was happening here, please accept my apologies for that :-[

Any technical problems like this are always answered on the forum in the Technical Support board.  Posting technical data next to updates could cause more problems, and the next update should be available soon, where this problem has been corrected ;)

It can be a little awkward if you have problems like this, but that's why the forum is here :)

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

BrianG

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2008, 16:19:15 »

Hiya again BrianG :)

I think I may have misunderstood what was happening here, please accept my apologies for that :-[

Any technical problems like this are always answered on the forum in the Technical Support board.  Posting technical data next to updates could cause more problems, and the next update should be available soon, where this problem has been corrected ;)

It can be a little awkward if you have problems like this, but that's why the forum is here :)

Regards.

DJM.

Thanks DJM,

I appreciate the point about technical support. I thought it was just me not understanding how to rotate a boat at the start and it snowballed. Regards BrianG

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2008, 18:38:15 »

You're welcome BrianG :)

I think we're all on the same page now eh ;)

Regards.

DJM.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines