Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 15:53:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delay in introduction of Nautis Home  (Read 41560 times)

Cob

• Forum member
  • Captain Cob
Re: Delay in introduction of Nautis Home
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2021, 17:58:39 »

Good evening everyone, finally a small update from Nautis Home, let's hope well, the important thing that they do a good job.
Greetings and good wind to all

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2021, 11:46:17 »

Great to receive the latest newsletter from Vstep. They are continuing development of Nautis Home and are hoping to have it ready to go in 2022. I hope that it will be not too long as I am getting very old now. I have missed the contact with members of the forum,  even though I still sail all three games from time to time in order to feel in touch.

Kind regards to all,

Angus.

Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Cob

• Forum member
  • Captain Cob
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2021, 19:49:35 »

Hello yes I also received the notification from Vstep, they have started working on the software again, but before 2022 we will not see results, we just have to wait, I'm really curious to see the difference from the professional training software and what will be a sort of video game ;-)
Greetings and good wind

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2021, 15:08:29 »

Interesting to get an Email from Tania at Vstep introducing us to three of the vessels which will figure in Nautis Home. However, she mentions that we have already had information about environments which will be part of the game. Sadly I have had no such information, and wonder if anyone else has heard anything?
Regards,
Angus

Saltie

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2021, 16:59:33 »

Hi Traddles, good to see your still active in the forums.

I have received the NAUTIS Home Environments Newsletter and am including it in zipped screenshots for you.

Enjoy.

Saltie
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 18:41:08 by Saltie »

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2021, 17:22:00 »

Only three environments in Nautis Home, I hope that Nautis Home will contain as much environments as Ship Simulator 2008/Ship Simulator Extremes 2010.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2021, 20:04:50 »

Thanks Saltie, that was very kind of you. I Emailed Tania again and she sent me the port files but for some reason the photos were missing.  However, as she says this is just the start, I feel certain there will be more than three environments.
Kind regards,
Angus

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2021, 23:34:51 »

Hello Angus and friends,

Did you also receive a Nautis 3.8 commercial  offer? That is a good one, isn't it? Last time I have been in contact with the team about Nautis itself was mid-June 2014, more specifically the Iskes simulation. That is more than 7 years ago. Nevertheless, the details are interesting by themselves.
Sorry also for my rare interventions, I still need some more time to overcome my grief.

Kind regards,
Luc 

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2021, 09:02:15 »

Hello Luc,
I did indeed get the Nautis 3.8 offer. However I cannot accept it for obvious reasons!!
I find that even after four and a half years I cannot forget, nor stop grieving for my wife Beryl. I fully understand your feelings, it is hard to let go of the love of a lifetime. At this time of year it gets even harder to deal with the isolation and sadness. I think about you often and hope that you can manage your grief.
It is good to hear from you, even in sadness, as there are few of the old gang still about.
Best wishes and very kind regards,
Angus.

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2021, 15:21:05 »

Only three environments in Nautis Home, I hope that Nautis Home will contain as much environments as Ship Simulator 2008/Ship Simulator Extremes 2010.

What environments do we have?

I did see the email about the new ships we have, I would have liked to have seen a RORO ferry and a wider range of ships, however I do understand that they take a significant amount of work.
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2021, 22:23:43 »

So far three environments have been shown, Rotterdam, Rio de Janeiro and Hong Kong. there will be more I am quite certain. See Salties post above.

Angus.

Cpt. Obvious

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2022, 18:33:43 »

I hope they will make the AI act more intelligent and according to the rules of sea. This means that it should hold back for you under certain circumstances. As it is with previous editions, the AI acts more or less as a suicidal maniac.

I know this is hard to program, but VSTEP should use some of their expertise from the professional simulators.

SeVeN_NL

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2022, 10:40:47 »

latest news letter:

Here it is, the first update on NAUTIS Home of this year! We have been receiving an overwhelming response and appreciate your enthusiasm and patience.

This time you will discover more about why we develop NAUTIS Home, who NAUTIS Home is for and we answer your FAQs. Happy reading!

NAUTIS Home is full speed ahead

The development team is working hard behind the scenes for you. As we speak, they are discussing the UI design, creating more content and determining further planning.

You will receive more visual updates as soon as we can share them. For this time, we can share a sneak peek at the on-screen controls(see attached image), which are configured per ship type. Full speed ahead!   

NAUTIS Home mission
What drives us to develop NAUTIS Home?

As you might know, we are ambitious at VSTEP. Our "why" is to ensure that at least one third of the maritime industry has obtained their skills through our simulation technology.

However, we noticed that access to a professional location-based simulator is not always a given, due to time or cost constraints.

If you put the covid 19 travel restrictions on top of that, a huge demand is created for a simulation training solution accessible from home.

We at VSTEP are driven to use our expertise and 20+ years of experience to develop THE solution to this demand: NAUTIS Home - the maritime simulator that enables you to learn from home or onboard.

NAUTIS Home is for you!
With NAUTIS Home we make it our mission to enable ship simulator enthusiasts and professionals to experience realistic ship simulation, anytime and anywhere.

NAUTIS Home is a standalone ship simulator desktop solution with standardized content for individual nautical training and assessment.

You will be able to follow scenarios with briefing and debriefing or choose to free roam. It offers a realistic, immersive simulation experience since it is based on our professional NAUTIS software.

NAUTIS Home will be available for individuals as well as organizations! 
So, if you are

a professional who would like to train his/her nautical skills further at home or onboard.

a (soon to be) maritime student who wants to dive into simulation training.

a hobbyist or maritime enthusiast interested in ship simulation.

a school or organization that is looking for an accessible home-based training solution for their students or employees.

...then NAUTIS Home is for you!

Q&A - Your questions answered!

We received many questions. We picked the most frequently asked ones. If your question hasn't been answered, no worries! We will answer it in our later communication.

“What PC requirements are recommended?” 
We are confident NAUTIS Home will run on a typical Windows PC or Laptop with a recent GPU. 

“Can we use controllers?”
 You can connect USB controllers to your PC or Laptop.

“Is NAUTIS Home for personal use only?”
NAUTIS Home will be available for organizations as well as individuals.

“What will the price be?”
When we have an update on this, we will let you know. 

“Will there be missions to complete?”
Besides free-roaming, NAUTIS Home will have scenarios you can complete. The scenarios are based on the aspects of nautical training. 

“Can I see pictures of NAUTIS Home?” 
We understand you are curious and excited to see NAUTIS Home. In next month's update, we will include sneak peeks and...

...the brand-new logo for NAUTIS Home!

Stay tuned 😊

Yours sincerely, 
NAUTIS Home Team

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2022, 20:06:00 »

The pictures apparently refer to the engine control. Looks like it is based on the  on screen engine controls of SS2008 and SSE.
It has been a long wait but I hope it is coming very soon.

Angus.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2022, 12:22:23 »

It's interesting that VSTEP seem to have decided not to market it solely for enthusiasts. That appears to be a departure from their way of thinking with the old Ship Simulator games.

Mike

CapnCrane

• Forum member

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2022, 00:43:21 »

It's interesting that VSTEP seem to have decided not to market it solely for enthusiasts. That appears to be a departure from their way of thinking with the old Ship Simulator games.

Mike

I’ve seen this happen a lot with more professionals with an enthusiasts base - it’d be cheaper to have 1 flexible binary than 2 separate binaries. I bet you the enthusiast version will have all the features, just some of them, (such as analytical data and maybe accuracy for assessment) similar to how windows 11 and windows 11 pro work.
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines