Hello Guest October 26, 2020, 13:12:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delay in introduction of Nautis Home  (Read 3854 times)

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Delay in introduction of Nautis Home
« on: July 23, 2020, 11:30:01 »

It was with some sadness that I received an Email this morning from Vstep saying that, due to the virus pandemic, further development of the game has had to be postponed until early in 2021.
Whilst fully understanding the situation, it is very sad that this has been the case. like many of us "old hands" I have been eagerly awaiting news, but of course, not this news.
Never mind, I will try to adopt the attitude that all good things come to he who waits!!
To put a lighter touch on the subject, I hope that, as I am so old now, I will still be around for the final introduction of the game!!!

Angus
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

eviss

• Forum member
Re: Delay in introduction of Nautis Home
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 15:38:11 »

Hello Angus,

Thank you for for informing us about:

"What is the progress of NAUTIS Home development?"

You've said it well and attached the feeling of many of us in your comment.

It was about time that VSTEP should inform all of the ShipSim community through the forum.

We are interested buyers of the previous products and likely interested in the annouced Nautis Home.

Not every one was able to subscribe to the testers group for various reasons and did not get an email to explain the delay or problems on the road ahead.

Since I am one of the "older" members like yourself / I hope to see this project finished, while I'm around and be able to meet friends again, sailing online .

Kind regards,

Erik

"Redfox" online
THX SF!
Redfox
"Dover-Calais in the same environement !"

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
    • The Guide to Shipsim
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 16:27:32 »

As someone’s who’s involved in software engineering it does not surprise me. We have found we are significantly less productive at home. A lot of software engineering requires you to talk to another person and being online makes it harder.
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

New182

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 18:54:16 »

Hi All,

Disappointing news for all via email on the delay, but understandable.

Is there any value of creating a crowd funding page where we could all put up a little money to allow VStep a chance to get in a "small team" for a short period to finish the work they have already completed or at least reconsider the decision.

I would certainly spend a little to gain a lot. Although my skills of "online crowd funding set up" is limited, well shocking really, but I am sure out of the many talented people in the forums across Europe we could do something to assist.

I strongly believe the drive is there within VStep but circumstances have, well forced the Company to make a decision for the greater good and longevity.

regards,
New182

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
    • The Guide to Shipsim
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 19:31:55 »

I honestly don’t think it’s financial problem as such. There is a computer science rule that basically says throwing more manpower at a project slows it down. The systems the use require such intermittent understanding it’s not worth getting more people. Say if there productivity dropped by 40% they are better off moving resources to current projects that they make money on than spending the spare resources they had on a new game.
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Cob

• Forum member
  • Captain Cob
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 17:59:49 »

Good evening everyone
I also received the email, sorry for the delay, but I'm not surprised by the decision taken by Vstep, unfortunately this pandemic has not spared any sector, we have seen that Smart working is not very productive, especially when there is more need for human presence in certain situations. I will make up for it and bring patience, I hope that in the end a good project will come.
Health to all and good wind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines