Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 19:53:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Costa Concordia Disaster  (Read 30303 times)

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
Re: Costa Concordia Disaster
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2013, 17:17:12 »

Thing is that the poops now hit the fan and that the shipping companies are trying to use an umbrella to cover them but to flick all the trouble to the staff. They probably know that the costa Concordia does that rout athough they don't say it officially as they know that I'f it was offical they be in so much poop.
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2013, 21:00:46 »

Think you may have just battered the nail on the head with a large sledge hammer there CC!

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2013, 22:19:01 »

Think you may have just battered the nail on the head with a large sledge hammer there CC!
:P
Try my best
Captain Cadet

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2013, 00:59:57 »

The ship has been there so long, it has been added to Google Earth..

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/07/haunting-images-of-costa-concordia-shipwreck-show-up-on-google-maps/

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2013, 09:44:05 »

I think I saw it from the plane but I wasn't sure as we did fly past the island. Not sure but I think I did.
Captain Cadet

Trampship Man

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2013, 13:36:42 »

Hi Clanky,
`A blast from the past`. Re` your post 13 of Sept`26th 2013 [sinking of Concordia]. I cannot help remembering some of our past exchanges in which I mentioned among other things the possible confusion arising from different languages aboard such vessels. [Quite apart from your comment that the grounding was due to a helmsman applying wrong helm because he did not understand the language in which the helm order was given] I watched the full videos of the event on TV, and was not in the least surprised to see hundreds of passengers wandering willy nilly this way and that way totally confused and some in a state of panic, and mostly apparently completely without competent crew members to guide them. In fact the apparent lack of competent seamen was very noticable throughout. There were also examples of a few frightened passengers [who did come across crew members], asking for guidance only to find that the crew members could not understand a word they were saying.

It was fortunate in a way that this event occurred on the edge of land. It is almost certain that if this ship had been sinking far from land there would have been much greater loss of life.  As for the Captain and MAJORITY of crew, then it seems to have been a pretty shameful affair. Though of course no blame can be attached to crew
on the basis of language, and of course these guys are simply there trying to make a living. Blame here in my opinion lies with a system [for want of a better word] that creates crew lists where half of them can`t understand what the next guy is saying. [ Of course it all comes down to the `cheapest labour`, and that very issue is responsible for many of the worlds ills today.]  
                                                                                                                                                        Clanky, this is honestly not along the lines of an `I told you so`. It is simply a reinforcement of my previous statements that `I, a well seasoned ex steam trampship man, would still not set foot aboard one of these modern floating monstrosities`.  There are of course much larger vessels than `Concordia`, and I still view them all as huge disasters waiting to happen.

Yep ! I`m stiill an old dinosaur Clanky.

I sincerely wish you all the best.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 17:10:30 by Trampship Man »
Trampshipman

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2013, 01:58:34 »

It is almost certain that if this ship had been sinking far from land there would have been much greater loss of life.  

If not for the favourable NE wind that evening, that is what would have happened. After the collision her momentum drifted her out to much deeper water, but she was fortunately blown back to land.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 02:28:12 by saltydog »

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2013, 10:21:41 »

If not for the favourable NE wind that evening, that is what would have happened. After the collision her momentum drifted her out to much deeper water, but she was fortunately blown back to land.

It is the Lord God Himself who provided the wind that made the CC was fortunately blown to land.

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2013, 12:50:54 »

It is the Lord God Himself who provided the wind that made the CC was fortunately blown to land.

Of course! Let's go back to the Middle Ages! Why did no one think of that?!  :o
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

Trampship Man

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2013, 17:23:49 »

Of course! Let's go back to the Middle Ages! Why did no one think of that?!  :o

Virtual Skipper,
Is your comment intended as mockery of MokMok`s post, or does it have another meaning which I have failed to grasp ?  If the former, then it is in extremely bad taste.  It is not good to mock the beliefs or ideals of others.
You of course have your own thoughts, and by that token you should allow others to have theirs ! [ Do you know what an internet `Troll` is ? ]

If some other meaning was intended then I stand ready to be corrected.
Trampshipman

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2013, 18:08:12 »

Virtual Skipper,
Is your comment intended as mockery of MokMok`s post, or does it have another meaning which I have failed to grasp ?  If the former, then it is in extremely bad taste.  It is not good to mock the beliefs or ideals of others.
You of course have your own thoughts, and by that token you should allow others to have theirs ! [ Do you know what an internet `Troll` is ? ]

If some other meaning was intended then I stand ready to be corrected.

I wasn't being an internet troll here (so do YOU know what one is? (but it doesn't have anything to do with this so it's pointless to talk about it)). I was just implying to keep religious blabbing out of something like this.
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2013, 18:40:02 »

By that logic then i assume he is also responsible for the deaths of those who didn't survive?

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2013, 18:46:38 »

By that logic then i assume he is also responsible for the deaths of those who didn't survive?

Nah, He did let 4,252 souls live but that didn't stop Him to still kill 32... That's the logic we are talking about right now.

Trampship Man

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2013, 20:19:54 »

I wasn't being an internet troll here (so do YOU know what one is? (but it doesn't have anything to do with this so it's pointless to talk about it)). I was just implying to keep religious blabbing out of something like this.

So it WAS a touch of mockery after all !!!  And "pointless to talk about it" presumably means `No real defence to offer`!!!  I DID say I stood ready to be corrected if I had misunderstood you, but it seems I hadn`t.

Anyway, what on earth are you getting `uptight`about ?  No offence was intended, though if I were MokMok and I thought you were mocking me as a `religious blabbermouth` then I`m sure I would be offended.  "Live and let live" and let`s all try to get on together.
Trampshipman

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2013, 20:30:41 »

So it WAS a touch of mockery after all !!!  And "pointless to talk about it" presumably means `No real defence to offer`!!!  I DID say I stood ready to be corrected if I had misunderstood you, but it seems I hadn`t.

Anyway, what on earth are you getting `uptight`about ?  No offence was intended, though if I were MokMok and I thought you were mocking me as a `religious blabbermouth` then I`m sure I would be offended.  "Live and let live" and let`s all try to get on together.

Ok, so you're saying you are offended because you think it is okay that people get killed by your Skygod. I see.
And given by this fact, I wouldn't even care if I did.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2013, 20:49:38 »

And that's why we should not bring things like religion or politics into these forums.

Because for some reason, people cannot handle that without a fight eventually breaking out.

So, kindly change course here and progress on a completely different tone without any further mention of all this, or we'll have to close the topic and send any person(s) that cannot show the proper decorum, on a short vacation.

I trust that is clear enough. Let's all keep it enjoyable for everyone.  ;)

Regards,
Fred

Trampship Man

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2013, 20:57:05 »

Ok, so you're saying you are offended because you think it is okay that people get killed by your Skygod. I see.
And given by this fact, I wouldn't even care if I did.

Look, I`m not looking to `fallout` with anyone here, so I`ll simply reply to this, and that will be my last word on the matter. [ No matter what else you choose to throw up afterwards ]

No, I did not say I was offended [ though I did imply that I WOULD be offended if I WERE MokMok ] neither did I say anything about it being okay that people should be killed by any sort of a "sky god". [What is that ?]  Those were your own words made of your own choosing, and pretty `nonsensical` if you ask me.

However, I see that you are only 17 yrs old, so I must make allowances for you.  Perhaps when you`ve had some experience of life then maybe your outlook will have broadened somewhat.  I do hope so for your own sake.  Now let this be an end to this nonsense.
Trampshipman

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2013, 20:58:02 »

^I'm not taking the effort to even read this because I don't care.

Further more,
Thank you, Fred.

Getting back to topic again, this is quiet interesting to look at.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2372320/Stunning-images-Costa-Concordia-captured-DRONE-reveal-work-underway-salvage-hulking-wreck.html

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2013, 21:33:00 »

Look, I`m not looking to `fallout` with anyone here, so I`ll simply reply to this, and that will be my last word on the matter. [ No matter what else you choose to throw up afterwards ]

No, I did not say I was offended [ though I did imply that I WOULD be offended if I WERE MokMok ] neither did I say anything about it being okay that people should be killed by any sort of a "sky god". [What is that ?]  Those were your own words made of your own choosing, and pretty `nonsensical` if you ask me.

However, I see that you are only 17 yrs old, so I must make allowances for you.  Perhaps when you`ve had some experience of life then maybe your outlook will have broadened somewhat.  I do hope so for your own sake.  Now let this be an end to this nonsense.
OK leave it now please  :thumbs:
Anyway have they decided a date to rise her?
Captain Cadet

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2014, 14:04:47 »

Sorry to dredge this one back up but whats the point making a new topic?

Unfortunately this ship has claimed another life with a diver being killed when his leg was cut on some metal. He was taken to the island and then airlifted to hospital but still died from his injuries. :(

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2014, 18:04:34 »

Don't be so upset Danny...we're all worry about all those unfair (as we say in my country) deaths...We had been discussing about Titanic sometime which was the most fatal sea accident ever but there was none to say "Stop!" We are just refering to it and express our opinion  :thumbs:

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2014, 21:21:34 »

She takes another life  :thumbdown:
Sad to hear this but it's a reminder to us that these divers are doing very dangerous work, going into the boat.
Captain Cadet

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2014, 22:00:48 »

Sad to hear this but it's a reminder to us that these divers are doing very dangerous work, going into the boat.

Yes, I certainly wouldn't want to be them :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines