Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 04:04:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Do you support my Protest?

Yes
Sure
Undecided
Nahh
No.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: So many Bugs, Come on Vstep.  (Read 13411 times)

dexter7

• Forum member
So many Bugs, Come on Vstep.
« on: February 04, 2012, 06:14:32 »

Hmph, how many bugs since 1.4?* I'll give a Random guess.. Maybe Twenty.. But really! I am not going to buy any Addons until, the main game is Fixed. Which that means MP bugs, AI bugs, Vstep Mission issues, Crashes, Countless other bugs... :-\
Sure addons are nice but, Vstep should start focusing on fixing bugs and crashes, then I might buy some Addons.

Now, I might get Banned, but It's true, I might come across these bugs, I will not be happy.
* In the Bug report topic.. Not to mention the countless topics in the Tech support board..

Dex :)

Geez, I need some bug spray! :doh:
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

wiqvist

• Forum member
Re: So many Bugs, Come on Vstep.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 19:08:39 »

Yes of cource. I totaly agree with you.
And if you should get banned cause of this thread, which I have hard to belive, so should at least I leave the forum together in protest.

When the last update came out and I of many took up a lot of things as were reported but not fixed by the last update, we were all told that it was not the last update and that it should come more update. Now it has as usuall come more bugs in the game with the two ships released after that update. And as usuall we have got the information that persons are working on it, and now they have worked another halfyear with no news or any info about an update. If only one person had worked full time with this game, he had worked many hours sinse September. So this update must be realy big.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 19:34:26 »

Hi Dex!
Nobody will ban you, if you are talking about issues in the game. VSTEP knows them and they are still working on another patch. I don't know, if it will fix all the bugs you are thinking about, but I fear it won't. Guess some minor bugs are acceptable since they don't disturb the gameplay itself. Other bug reports are under construction or even fixed, but in beta status. So, don't give up too early - we all fully understand your frustration.

Best regards
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 19:41:25 »

I'm not sure why "minor" bugs would be acceptable. I belive that most people (including myself) would like to See Vstep throw as much man-power at SSE as possible, so that NO bugs remain. Because, after all, NO bugs is the ONLY acceptable standard. I doubt this is going to happen, word on the "street" is that SSE only has a active development team of 5. That number apprently includes the 3D artists  ::)

Can someone offical (IE swenson) Give us there word that the patch is going to be released on X date, and give us a idea of what is going to be fixed? (IE a changelog). It might help restore some of the community's faith in Vstep to fix what they've broke.

@dex,
I don't think a bug spray would work, try a flamethrower or something  :doh:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 19:44:41 by danny »
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 20:53:56 »

So, don't give up too early - we all fully understand your frustration.

Bottman, it is nothing against you or any other moderator, but the game have been out for one and a half year about. So I think it would be totaly understandable if most persons had give up on this game. Also add that from Vstep it is not coming many words about the future plans.

Danny, sadly I do agree with all you add, but I do not think you will get a public answer on all this questions from Vstep.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 22:51:19 »

I'm not sure why "minor" bugs would be acceptable.

Well, I play SSE almost every day and I'm above-average in posting bug reports to VSTEP since I've joined the community in 2006. I hate every single bug as much as you do, but in general I'm able to play the one and only realistic ship simulator game. Several things could be done better, surely. But I can't believe, that this game or any other software will become bugless at all.

@wiquist: No problem, I'll never take any critism personally. We moderators are here to keep the contact between the community and VSTEP. Sometimes it works good, sometimes better.. ;)
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 23:12:14 »

But I can't believe, that this game or any other software will become bugless at all.
Whilst its true that no software is bug-proof, most companies which develop software will throw as many resources as they have at there disposal to fix the bugs. Take Vehical simulator for example, its not great software (infact its rather sucky) but they release regular bug-fixes, when compared to Vsteps 4 patches....

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 03:11:51 »

There seem to be a number of bugs in Extremes..
I think it would be a shame if VStep gave up on SS2008 MP because:
a: my humble computer copes with the game quite easily
b: I meet other players there that seem equally interested in and capable of handling their ships.. :)

Only major bug: the 'jumping' of ships sailing faster than 5-10kn..
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 03:55:00 by saltydog »

Tinchu

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 12:03:37 »

The ship simulator's fans we have an incredible patience. But this patience is because there is no other ship simulator in the market.

After six or more years of development is incomprehensible this software be so insecure, short of performances, short of sceneries...

Is impossible the developers don't see the program and the consecutives updates and patches have new bugs, and however they have the audacity to put them on the website; like freeware o payware.

I know ship simulator is only a game. But is a business product too. It's a lack of seriousness. With any other product Vstep could have judicial denounces or with consumption associations.

I insist here again with a question: If Vstep is making simulation software for corporative market and professional institutions and they have a ship simulator professional so nice, why they are selling to us this deficient product. And I'm using the word deficient, because I'm a well-mannered person.

Please Vstep. Talk to me about your strategist. How many Ship Simulator Professional units have you sold?
We deserve better treatment. We are being mistreated.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 16:51:32 »

Tinchu, I of cource agree also with you.

One thing I do not understand with that company, it is often said that Vsted is a small company, but they act like they should be a big one. Big companies are more often known for that they do not care about their customers, if they loose one or 100 it does not matter cause they will have 100 new the same day. But small companies like Vstep are usually more interested in keeping their customers, and show interest in what the customers have to say.

And may it also this time happens the same as all other times when customers have protested, Vstep come out and post some 'news' about their product and after a week they step back and you hear nothing again. It seems like they do not care and they do defenetly not learn.

If Vehicle simulator worked a bit with the graphic and the behavior of the ships, I think most would leave this game directly.

And again and finaly, SSE is the third in the serie of Shipsimulator game. The first game, Ship Simulator 2006, the controle the player had over the simulated vehicle was steering and speed, the same in SS 2008 plus that you could turn on and off the engine. In the last game, at least I thought they had developed what the player was in controle over, but no, instead they had taken a step backwards and have removed that you can turn the enging on and off, and we are back to the beginning. I have never heard of a company given out a new game in a serie and have removed what you are in controle over on the vehicle as is simulated. That graphic become better is just natural, more and more persons got better computers.

And sadly but truth:
Vstep, not a release without a new bug added.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 17:07:12 by wiqvist »

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 17:38:05 »

The professional version of the ship simulator NAUTIS is based on SS08, but quite advanced in every direction. It seems to be successful not only because it is cheaper than those of the competitors. Well, compared to SSE it is of course very expensive. And it needs a lot of manpower to be successful at all. At the other hand it generates more profit than the game, 100 SSE customers more or less...
You are right, we all hope for more information, more bug-fixing patches and even more and new gameplay elements. Maybe we could ask VSTEP what they are thinking about this?
SSE was completely new, no SS08 enhancement. That's why so many things got lost, like ships and several details (engine on/off, console speed indicator...). Instead of those we've got many new features by means of the new mission editor for example. It is much more complicate, than before. But it allows much more exciting elements to play with. We've got new vessels, a better wave'n wake model...
I don't want to open another bug report topic, but what are your major requirements to get fixed in the near future? And I don't ask for little texture failures or missing hand rails. Maybe some of the officials can tell us, what we could expect for the upcoming patch?
Best regards
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 19:03:04 »

Nice to see my comment has been deleted. Which smart donkey did that?

Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 19:06:37 »

Bottman

Perhaps that is one final clinching proof that what vstep is feeding out is nonsense. If ss08 is good enough to turn into nautis, it's good enough for the game engine.

However, a slightly updated version of 08 wouldn't have had all these chaps digging into their wallets to pay vstep money. SO, vstep starts again from scratch on something half as good, and gets them all digging into their bank to buy it.

As for your argument that nautis makes 100 time more profit for vstep per unit, might I inquire as to whether or not sse sales figures outnumber nautis 100 time or more? I suspect it does...
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 19:08:49 »

Nice to see my comment has been deleted. Which smart donkey did that?

[ninja face]
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 19:15:32 »

Hi,
first of all: I've not deleted any post in here!
With "100" I've not meant the revenue, but the number of customers to SSE. As far as we've been told, NAUTIS is lucrative, SSE not really. But I have never taken a look into VSTEPs accounts  ;)
And yes, they tried a new start with SSE to fulfill more of the users requests according to the missions than possible with the old one.

Best regards
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 02:08:30 »

"As far as we've been told, NAUTIS is lucrative, SSE not really"

I think the above qoute has "hit the nail on the head". Vstep is supporting NAUTIS because its the "bread winner" of Vsteps products. the SS series was/is/was a "bit on the side". However, SSE could have been a great game, provided Vstep put the effort into developing a game which did what the end user wanted it to. Otherwise they wouldn't be in the situation where They now have members of there own Userbase developing there own Simulator!
Also, Vstep isn't a "small company" anymore, they also have a office in converty, so they could be considered a TNC (trans-national-company)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:10:38 by danny »

Sunseekeringo

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 09:46:42 »

I would also say that you shouldn´t expect that all bugs are being removed.

In general I must say that I have big respect to VSTEP that they still put efford in the SSE because your (and other) votings show the little numbers of customers. I couldn´t even imagine that SSE is running very profitable...if it does, then it´s worth putting more effort in it and spend more time and money...but it seems that users for SSE are a small niche and so there cannot working so many people on it as in other games.

But I agree that there are still some major bugs which really disturb the game play. Especially I have witnessed in the last weeks a couple of vessels and environments where I could sail through the quay..such bugs are in my opinion very important to remove.

cheers
Ingo

Swenson

• Ship Simulator Community Manager
  • Forum member
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 10:01:06 »

Hi all,

Thank you all for expressing your concerns. As you all know we are working with limited resources to improve the game where we can. We already did a lot of bug fixing regarding the major issues. We are still busy with a next patch that will solve most of the multiplayer issues.

If you have time, please send me (PM) a list of issues that are, in your eyes, major bugs that need to be fixed.

Meanwhile, have fun with SSE! There are enough positive features, gameplay, vessels and missions to enjoy yourself.

Swenson
Stay up to date by following our social channels!
http://twitter.com/shipsim
http://www.facebook.com/shipsim

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 17:05:20 »

Swenson, you're right.

SSE is a great game, and you guys at Vstep are working hard to fix the bugs.

I think some people here are being a bit pessimistic, focusing on the bugs and not the good parts, people should just realize that SSE is just a game, not a 100% realistic professional simulator.
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 17:52:52 »

Bottman,

I wasn't at all suggesting YOU deleted my comment.

As for the 100 factor.

1 nautis sale same value as 100 sse sales?

But I am told there are some 300,000 sse units sold. Are there more than 3000 nautis sales?

larsdehaan

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 18:05:58 »

Hi all,

Thank you all for expressing your concerns. As you all know we are working with limited resources to improve the game where we can. We already did a lot of bug fixing regarding the major issues. We are still busy with a next patch that will solve most of the multiplayer issues.

If you have time, please send me (PM) a list of issues that are, in your eyes, major bugs that need to be fixed.

Meanwhile, have fun with SSE! There are enough positive features, gameplay, vessels and missions to enjoy yourself.

Swenson
The problem is most people dont seem to understand this, then they keep ranting [/endrant]
Anyway good to hear that a new patch is on the way!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 18:16:29 »

larsdenhaan,

who, prey tell, are you to determine whether or not people have a right to complain about the software?

I'm afraid in modern commerce it isn't really a good enough excuse to say "we're working on sorting it out..." this long after release.

For my point, I have chosen not to buy sse on principle; the cost is neither here nor there to me. But a lot of young chaps here have saved damned hard to afford these pieces of software and it is perhaps understandable that they are so bitterly disappointed. I can tell you now that if vstep were in MY industry instead of software, they'd not last a week.

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 18:27:41 »

1 nautis sale same value as 100 sse sales?

But I am told there are some 300,000 sse units sold. Are there more than 3000 nautis sales?
It is more complicate than your calculating example. There are a few more earner on the way from VSTEP to your PC, but not for NAUTIS. So you can't compare the sales until you know about the net profit of each game.
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 20:56:37 »

@Swenson:

The next patch should not only be an incremental patch but a full patch for the original 1.00 version of SSE2010. Otherwise bugs introduced within the previous patches could cumulate.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 21:14:03 »

We are still busy with a next patch that will solve most of the multiplayer issues.

I hope this patch include some more than just the multiplayer issues, even if they also have to been fixed.
Before the ferry-pack so did Vstep send out information email's where there were lists with what was included in the next patch or download, but after the ferrypack so did that stop of some reason. And this lists came as news so the customers could read it and say if they miss anything or even help Vstep, now we get such information after the download/patch is finished and released, that is in my opinion a step backward.

Well, if you do not give me a better reason I will not do that, cause there is thread where all bugs have been reported. MadFred started it I have all time have the thought that it was a thread for you guys at Vstep or what was else the meaning of that thread??? So I think you should read throw that thread and if you need more information about bugs I will send it to you.
One thing I asked for about a year ago, was that all steering positions should be looked over, like on one boat you could not use from the pilot view, cause it is too low. And it is a shame that such things have not been fixed one and a half year after the game was released.

I have not played the game since November/December when Winner came out, and I only drived around with her for about five minutes then I got bored, cause even that ship you could not do anything else than steering and drive forward and backwards with, except for the eye-candies like deploying Rhib's and the watercannons(which is a bit unrealistic, you can take out an engine fire 900 meters away, even if you find a water cannon that can shout that far so will the water be so spread at the landing so you can not take out much of the fire on that distance.

And you guy's who are telling that this game is good and that we who complain are too negative, remember that it is our opinion that it is not so good, and it is your opinion that it is good, none is more right than the other. I am used to Microsofts flight simulator, Codemasters F1 2010 and F1 2011 and also Vehicle simulator, and this games work with realy few bug's. At flight simulator I have the last three months only used aircrafts from one developer, a small company even smaller than Vstep, but they have another philosofi, that no update and patch should be needed after release even if they have published update's. Their philosofi is that all addons they produce should be as accurate they can be, and they do not produce aircrafts they do not have personal access too. And I talk about A2A-Simulations. Yes their add-ons are expensive, cost more than SSE cost, but then you know you got a perfect product. At one aircraft for example they had over 200 beta version's, such information should be interesting to get from Vstep.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines