Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 00:59:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Check out the SSE v1.3 Update Release Notes  (Read 38255 times)

spitman

• Forum member
Re: Check out the SSE v1.3 Update Release Notes
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2011, 07:58:40 »

In spite of some peoples opinin that my machine must be able to run with a 64 bit OS, I'm not sure about it.
Couls someone have a look at my dxdiag and tell me what I really need to run the SSE v 1.3 with at least 10 - 12 FPS ?
Thanks in advance.

I think you most likely need a video card upgrade.  (I believe that your GT 240 is below the minimum requirements).  I think that will make a bigger difference than going to a 64 bit OS.  I'm running with the ATI Radeon 4850 in 32bit XP with a resolution of 1920x1200 and have the graphics settings in Ship Simulator maxed and am getting 25 FPS. 

I did reduce a couple of things on my video card though (Catalyst AI is disabled and MipMap is set to performance rather than quality),  so lowering the settings in Windows (not in the game) for your video card may help you also.

LoneWolfDon

• Forum member
« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2011, 09:45:50 »

I think you most likely need a video card upgrade.  (I believe that your GT 240 is below the minimum requirements). 
Though it's not a "top of the line" card, a nVidia 240 GT card is fairly decent, it should be fine and is a better and newer model than the Minimum-specs listed for nVidia of "Geforce 8800GT".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units

I have a GT 220 card in my old computer, and it seems to run SSE well enough for me to enjoy.

Aad the Pirate: Looking over your computer's specs, I think it passes all of SSE minimum requirements. It looks like you have DirectX and graphic drivers up-to-date.

Here's a post I made over on the Steam-forums about SSE and some general suggestions users might try to help get it up and running and may also help improve performance:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19966512&postcount=3

You might want to also try some different SSE's various graphics settings, fullscreen vs windowed mode, go to nVidia's Control Panel form your graphics-card and add a profile for SSE (I set mine for when QuestViewer is running) and try some different settings there as well, such as trying with or without VSync enabled, select Single-Monitor Display, etc... Hopefully you'll be able to find a good balance of quality and performance for SSE running on your computer. Good luck.
Each day is a gift. Enjoy! :)

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2011, 17:42:15 »

Ahoy LoneWolfDon,
Tried anything you suggested, the only result:
Multiple Crashes  :'(
Nevertheless, thank you for thinking along with me.
Next thing I'll do is a full re-install, and then a direct patch from 1.0 to 1.3
That's my last hope, otherwise the game has to go to the gameheaven till I can afford a Top-of-the-Bill System  :evil:
Kind Regards
Aad
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

LoneWolfDon

• Forum member
« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2011, 18:14:16 »

Apologies for the Tip & Tweaks information I had previous posted here which would have been more suitable to be on the SSE Technical forum.

I've now since made a new post on the Technical forum with the info over there:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,23438.new.html
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 20:50:08 by LoneWolfDon »
Each day is a gift. Enjoy! :)

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2011, 18:33:02 »

A supplement:

You can also use AutoRuns which is part of the SysInternals utilities suite or the services.msc aplet for disabling unnecessary services and programs when Windows starts up.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 18:45:23 by MokMok »

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2011, 18:47:30 »

Hi gentlemen,

would you please discuss technical subjects on the appropriate board ? Thanks in advance !

Hamdhan

• Forum member
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2011, 12:21:24 »

the ocean star needs more lights

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2011, 12:25:36 »

the ocean star needs more lights

You should better post that in one of the 1.4 wish lists because this topic has finished because the 1.3 is already out

Its Orient Star
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines