Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 16:56:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Check out the SSE v1.3 Update Release Notes  (Read 38377 times)

itgl72

• Forum member
Re: Check out the SSE v1.3 Update Release Notes
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2011, 16:50:40 »

I have almost the same setup as you, ATI HD5870, 6GB ram and i7-920 2,8 GHz and I have no problems running the game.Just tested with Cutter in Antartic in heavy snow storm and it runs smooth at about 25 FPS.

Welp, go figure LMAO :-)

Stuperbob

• Forum member
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2011, 15:54:52 »

Has anyone checked to see if their PhysX is causing the slowdown? I don't know how it would slow it down but my game ran flawless on my Core i7 920 ~ 4X2.6ghz with 9Gb Pc8500 and a GeForce 260 216core with 896Mb, Up until I was sinking a coastguard cutter in the Atlantic and had to step away from the game for a bit. when i came back the game had fritzed out and now all the ships start with the control room view upside down for a bit and it runs really choppy even with the all the graphics options set to low and the res set to 1024X768. FPS show im still good but the game just responds real jittery. Tried to uninstall and reinstall Shipsim and Physx but no luck.

Bit long winded for a first post bit more info is always better than not enough. 

mvsmith

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2011, 17:03:42 »

Hi Bob,

Out of curiosity, why do you think that PhysX might be a problem?

There seems to be some confusion over the role PhysX plays in SSE. Apparently, only the physics routines are used—for ship dynamics, etc.—and they run only in the CPU.
So far as I know, no use of PhysX is made in rendering in the GPUs—and, of course, it can’t run on ATI cards in normal circumstances.

Off hand, it sounds like a sudden hardware failure.
Vin_sun will have more advice and instructions for posting your Dxdiag.

Regards,
Marty

Stuperbob

• Forum member
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2011, 17:40:52 »

Im not shure as to how much of the diagnostics info you want but all it says in there is that there is no problems. None of my other games show this problem. Heck i played a bit of Batman Arkham asylum with everything of full with max PhysX just to be certain and had no problems. heck i can force PhysX off onto the CPU and still have it playable. I also have many other sims and games that are i general much harder on my equipment that play way smoother. Railworks 2, X-plane 9, Farmsim 2011, UT3 with PhysX mods, ETC.... and yes i understand that it may not be a PhysX problem at all, but seeing as Ship sim does not even make my GPU, CPU, or Ram load hit 100% why does it lag so?

And again it was running Perfectly but now it won't. Im not a newb to computers i have built them since i was 12 and im now 25 i just don't have the time or the patience to screw with hours of finding whatever the problem anymore.

Edit: i just booted Ship sim and the main reason i say Physx is that the graphics such as the background and Rain and and thing that is just eye candy moves as normal but the ship acts jittery. like my inputs are delayed sometimes more sometimes less, like with the speed boat with the steering on instant it does not respond instantly.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 17:47:11 by Stuperbob »

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2011, 17:57:28 »

Hi Stuperbob,

Have you changed any hardware recently? Have you updated a driver for a particular device? Have you installed any software recently or changed any settings?

If you wouldn't mind posting your DXDIAG we can take a better look at things, but by the looks of it you seem to know what you're doing.

The game doesn't run as smooth as it should for lower end computers, but judging by your system you should be able to play the game perfectly.

Regards,
Adam
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Stuperbob

• Forum member
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2011, 19:18:26 »

Too far off topic.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 22:18:45 by Stuperbob »

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2011, 19:39:16 »

Hmm, no offence, but isn't this more of a Tech Support issue? doesn't seem to be releated to patch v1.3

Sorry...  :-\

leandfarmes2

• Forum member
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2011, 21:07:43 »

ok, I seriously need that Editor!
Come on VSTEP!
I'm getting Bored and more bored! xD
haha :P
and a Happy New Year everyone! :D

Stuperbob

• Forum member
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2011, 22:17:17 »

I just said my theory in my initial post and was just responding to questions.

There ya go Ferry Man took out the tech stuff.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 22:19:46 by Stuperbob »

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2011, 22:52:12 »

As I said, I didn't mean any offence, just the best area for help is the tech support part  :)

sondre-tide

• Forum member
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2011, 14:35:27 »

I feel like saying my opinion to you guys in vstep, I have NEVER experienced such slow work from a game maker, ever...  Are you still on  vacation or something?

I'm sorry to bring up this again, but not ony did you deliver a game full of bugs, weeks later you release a patch which didn't fix much to be honest, so I hope this waiting is worth it! I really do, because I've really had it with vstep now!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2011, 14:47:48 »

To be honest, I've seen many developers go much much slower, but I guess it's hard to judge if you haven't seen what's going on.

Bugs aside, which are well documented by now, they are working really hard and it's not particularly slow in my own gaming experience, and I have tons of games and followed many games throughout development. So it's about personal experience and perspective too. And maybe you don't want them to have a nice holiday season with their family, but hey they're human too you know.

And it's not Vstep that's holding things up atm, but I can't divulge anything without shifting blame and that wouldn't be nice.  :-\

If you've personally had it, I can understand that. I'm just saying, I've seen so much worse too that I can be patient and hopeful. I got one shelf in my cupboard just for games that didnt get ANY patching at all after a very buggy to unplayable start. At least Vstep is working hard to fix what is wrong.

Kind Regards,
Fred

sondre-tide

• Forum member
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2011, 16:19:58 »

Please do know, I DO wish them to have a nice holiday with their families ofcourse I do! :)
I'm just saying that if someone from vstep could update this post with some news! Thats all I ask for.

And Fred, It wasn't very clever of me to say those thing I said about vstep, I know that, and I guess I'm tired after starting school again... sorry

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2011, 07:30:40 »

No worries, I can understand that people are restless and want the next patch. It's only fair that people would like to see the problems that they have, fixed by this patch, so they can enjoy the game that they paid good money for. I would feel the same way.

At the moment there wasn't much to post in terms of news. The release notes are still accurate and it's hard to predict when it will come if it's not always completely in your own hands.

But, as a little indication, it is very close to release now. I know that still sounds vague, but it's looking good!!

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2011, 11:34:28 »

But, as a little indication, it is very close to release now. I know that still sounds vague, but it's looking good!!

close...

Would close be before or after the CCC deadline...?

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2011, 12:26:03 »

I can't answer that I'm afraid.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2011, 12:27:23 »

:'(

Hmm...

I will just have to send Spirit of the Solent off with her current lifeboats then...  :doh:

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2011, 17:07:23 »

Has nobody cocidered the idea that VSTEP is waiting with the Patch-release till the end of the CCC ?
I thought it might be a good reason to wait till the winner of the CCC-Vessel/Enviroment is known and the vessel and/or inviroment would be implanted into the patch.
Just my thought
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2011, 17:08:09 »

The patch is now out  :2thumbs:

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2011, 19:13:32 »

Yes the patch is now available. Enjoy! :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2011, 19:38:51 »

Yahoow!!  ;D ;D
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

freeciv

• Forum member
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2011, 21:06:36 »

;D ;D ;D
Gone fishing            Thanks pdpx7 for the great sig!

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2011, 22:10:05 »

Enjoy! :)
Enjoy what? A decresion of my framerate from 10 -12 FPS down to 5 - 6 FPS ?
Not to be enjoyable at all. And the worst has still to come, I'm afraid. Had almost no crashes with the 1.2.2 version, now I'm happy with 3 to 4 crahes on 6 attempts.
So, what I was afraid about in the first place when I read that the 64 Bit computers would be take profite concerning the memory access, the 32 bit computers don't. I think I have to re-install the whole and go back to 1.2.2, with all it's limitations.
In spite of some peoples opinion that my machine must be able to run with a 64 bit OS, I'm not sure about it.
Could someone have a look at my dxdiag and tell me what I really need to run the SSE v 1.3 with at least 10 - 12 FPS ?
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 15:03:37 by Aad The Pirate »
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

Kristian01

• Forum member
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2011, 22:40:13 »

I can't change the resolution from 1024*768 to 1280*1024  :thumbdown:
it's so annoying....

PS:Finally get it changed
FPS huge dropdown from 35 to around 10-15
Dissapointed  :( :'(
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 22:46:03 by Kristian01 »
Intel Core i7 2600K, @ OC 4.2GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2
MSI GTX 580 TwinfrozerII
MSI P67A-C45
Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB
Corsiar GS800 (800W)
Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 7

TJK

« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2011, 07:40:39 »

HI All

We CMM'r have also realist 9 new missions your can download in the download system in SSE, hope your like them, happy sailing and have fun with all the new things in this 1.3 patch

Tore
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines