Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 13:30:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Update is coming...next year?  (Read 30577 times)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
Re: Update is coming...next year?
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2010, 10:52:39 »

yes

"new features" are being added to the patch, according to Frank

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,21543.0/topicseen.html

Why not leave some until patch 1.3...?

:-\

I new it wasn't coming out today...  :-\

TJK

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2010, 10:53:52 »

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2010, 11:03:38 »

So more stuff added, large patch this. We'll have to wait a few more days then, well it's okay as long as we're waiting for something good ;)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2010, 11:24:01 »

I can't see what the extras are though...

No sign of fixing Freedom 90 so she actually becomes a Hovercraft

Markus97

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2010, 11:30:38 »

content removed, spamming is not allowed.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:52:16 by Mad_Fred »
Want to see "Ship Simulator"-videos and trailers in real full-HD? Click here!

beat578

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2010, 11:38:58 »

Thank god another weekend I can spend on the Work i really should do instead of what i like to do...  :captain:

Maby so close before you release the patch you should freeze it's content by now or you will have the "Tablecloth" effect and while fixing one corner causing damage to another corner. There's still enough left for the 1.3 patch (like the ocean splashing sounds)...

Well, i am looking forward. Still i find it a bit odd that the whole community has to wait for a thing like steam, that we never wanted and lots of us (that are here and keep up to Shipsim since its first version) never will need.

But I see the point of releasing it simultanously of course.

So looking forward for the new 1.2, hope it's coming soon enough.

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2010, 11:39:58 »

I can't see what the extras are though...

No sign of fixing Freedom 90 so she actually becomes a Hovercraft

I understand there could also be some fixes not listed, so there's still hope :)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2010, 11:52:01 »

Markus, if you have to keep spamming and can't be patient for the good of the users and to get as best a patch as you can, then you simply can't be pleased one way or the other.

You posted about the bugs that you want fixed and the things you want to see changed, and then when they are fixing them you don't want to be patient and wait for it.

Well.. I repeat it again. Don't spam! Keep it worthwhile, or don't post at all. You've ran out of credit for these kinda posts, to be honest.

If you're just going to make one word posts with a bunch of smileys, then once again, I'll just keep removing these. Second spam warning, there will not be a third.

Regards,
Fred

Markus97

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2010, 12:19:53 »

Markus, if you have to keep spamming and can't be patient for the good of the users and to get as best a patch as you can, then you simply can't be pleased one way or the other.

You posted about the bugs that you want fixed and the things you want to see changed, and then when they are fixing them you don't want to be patient and wait for it.

Well.. I repeat it again. Don't spam! Keep it worthwhile, or don't post at all. You've ran out of credit for these kinda posts, to be honest.

If you're just going to make one word posts with a bunch of smileys, then once again, I'll just keep removing these. Second spam warning, there will not be a third.

Regards,
Fred

I'm just surprised.  :o :o

But... I'll wait.

/Markus
Want to see "Ship Simulator"-videos and trailers in real full-HD? Click here!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2010, 12:38:25 »

I hope this time you mean it then.  ;D

Don't get me wrong, post whatever you like, as long as it is worthwhile and polite of course.  :thumbs:

Fred

flaviossa

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2010, 13:16:39 »

I opened shipsim.com today with all my hope and happiness looking for the 1.2 patch!!
I´m a little disapointed now ...  :-\

So, after all the problem was not STEAM. The problem was other fixes.
As some indicated before it would be nice that they release the 1.2 version and 1.3 with this new features. See ya next week ....
ShipSim 08 / ShipSim Extremes
Win10 Pro 64 - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H100i - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - EVGA GTX1080 SC - TrackIR 5 - SSD 960Gb + 480Gb Hyper X 3K

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2010, 13:24:26 »

No the problem was not with other fixes alone. That's the wrong conclusion to draw.  ;)

They were made whilst waiting for the rest to be sorted. And I'll leave it to your imagination what the rest was/is.

But since they did have to wait, there were also some more changes/fixes made, that now also takes more time. Just logical really. But it's still the same issue as before.

Fred.

Simpsons05

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2010, 13:46:58 »

So its now "next week" and now im happy to play the update! ;D XD

??? ???

What? There isnt a patch :doh: ... wow, i had no imagination, that that would happen..... :evil: :thumbdown:

Well, maybe, the subject i created to provoque wasnt that wrong and we all have really to wait until next year, cause now there is not even a date to release it...

Really i dont understand it! For me that news about this update are only fake, cause when i work on an update and i think im pretty done and i think i can tell everybody a date to release it, then i cant delay two weeks or more, i would release it and these "new features" could wait until the next update, the important thing for me would be that the users can play my game and dont have to wait and to wait and to wait!!!!

I know its only my oppinion, but its the true!! :-\ :-[

Simpsons05

Max Power

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2010, 14:19:03 »

Komm runter ! Die Welt geht davon auch nicht unter. Ist zwar ÄRGERLICH :2thumbs: aber kann man nix machen.  ;)

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2010, 14:31:42 »

Max please post in English on this forum, not German ;)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

freeciv

• Forum member
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2010, 20:34:18 »

Komm runter ! Die Welt geht davon auch nicht unter. Ist zwar ÄRGERLICH :2thumbs: aber kann man nix machen.  ;)

Translated via. google translator...

"Calm down! The world is not like this also. Be a nuisance but can do nothing."
Gone fishing            Thanks pdpx7 for the great sig!

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2010, 22:56:14 »

So its now "next week" and now im happy to play the update! ;D XD

??? ???

What? There isnt a patch :doh: ... wow, i had no imagination, that that would happen..... :evil: :thumbdown:

Well, maybe, the subject i created to provoque wasnt that wrong and we all have really to wait until next year, cause now there is not even a date to release it...

Really i dont understand it! For me that news about this update are only fake, cause when i work on an update and i think im pretty done and i think i can tell everybody a date to release it, then i cant delay two weeks or more, i would release it and these "new features" could wait until the next update, the important thing for me would be that the users can play my game and dont have to wait and to wait and to wait!!!!

I know its only my oppinion, but its the true!! :-\ :-[

Simpsons05

tHE TIME THAT SAY vstep HAS TO BE x BY 52 SO / PATCH COME 2/10/111
Sorry for caps

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2010, 23:48:16 »

Jean,

Your post not only makes no sense, but also adds nothing to this discussion.

Please remember that for the future :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Yudax

• Forum member
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2010, 00:15:00 »

hahahahaha mad boys

wait a little bit guyz  :doh:

Dooberry

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2010, 00:49:04 »

:captain: Well i have decided to keep the sim and yes as you say this forum was just a way to vent out my frustration about the problems that have been had on this title.

psmith

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2010, 08:04:23 »

Over all I would say that I'm disappointed in the further delay of this update, but fortunately for me I play Second Life and go to school part time and am active duty USCG. In my case there is trouble with the online   multi-player which crashes the game right as you are about to dock your ship/boat. Other than that the damage threshold is far to sensitive which is included in the fix. Everyone that is upset with the amount of time it is taking to release this patch, while I understand your frustration, I find it trivial to loose your cool over a game. Once again I UNDERSTAND the frustration. I cannot stand when I am advertised one thing and given another.

Vstep and forum administrators, I would like to thank you and commend you for your attentive and positive attitude in regards to this topic. It is very difficult to answer some questions that have been posted and I'm sure that everyone dose in fact appreciate the feedback. Please keep up the positive and helpful answers and keep us informed as best you can as to the situation as I'm sure you will.

Best regards

svache

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2010, 22:58:26 »

Translated via. google translator...

"Calm down! The world is not like this also. Be a nuisance but can do nothing."
That's one wicked translation, it should've been: "Calm down! It's not the end of the world. It is really annoying but you can't do much about it"

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2010, 13:27:26 »

...and this is the reason we ask people stick to English in the English forums ;D

Tavares Junior

• Forum member
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2010, 14:26:24 »

Is out there any chance to VSTEP tell us a ETD (Estimated Time of Delivery) for the patch ????

I really would like to hear from VSTEP an estimation, then I will be waiting for such informed date. This is the point which all users also have to respect....

Sincerelly is a bit hard and is not very clear for all users when theres no estimation date for the new patch.,
Annoucements like next week and next week are just creating confusion between the users and giving ammunition to those whom just want to bombard you all (VSTEP)

guys:
Make a meeting between yourself and finally discuss internally when this patch can be FIRST delivery to the CMM and tested and how long days they need to test it. Then when will be the release date.  ;)

Best regards,
Tavares Jr
** Open Sea - Radar observer - SMCP - GPS / Chart Plotters / Certifyed yatch Master

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2010, 14:32:57 »

Tavares,

As discussed elsewhere on the forum VSTEP are now the ones waiting to publish the patch. They are waiting on Steam to integrate the patch into their network so that the patch is distributed to all SSE users at the same time.

As for the date, well VSTEP did publish a date, but unfortunately it had to be pushed back because of Steam. VSTEP have been keeping you up to date about the patch, would you rather they didn't? :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines