Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 16:06:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Update is coming...next year?  (Read 30578 times)

jeanfla

• Forum member
Re: Update is coming...next year?
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 18:51:59 »

Good, thanks Fred, why didn't they write : Ship Simulator 2008 New Horizon language patch. That's intelligent, without writing new horizon, it's not

Simpsons05

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010, 18:53:01 »

I see it a bit like jeanfla...
Cause you see, i posted my crash report in the technical forum, and its there since i get the report, means since a pair of days after i get the game (precice 31.08.)! and there are 20 views and no answer!
And look at this topic: 24 Posts and 1085 views!
Now tell me: who cares about my problems and who cares about my povocable subject?
Iam a little sad about this numbers cause that show me, that my problems are secondary...

Simpsons05

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2010, 18:55:47 »

Well you're partly right indeed, Dooberry.  :)

But if you had seen how much work the largely volunteer group of beta testers have put into it, maybe you'd grant them a little more credit and respect, cause they didn't cause any bugs. They only found em. Did they found more than could be handled in time, well.. it would seem so, yes. But that doesn't mean there hasn't been rigorous testing by a lot of dedicated volunteers.  

And well, indeed.. as with any product, people should have the right to complain if they're not happy, and demand their money back if needs be.

But it's not like Vstep intentionally ticked off their customers. That's the last thing they'd ever want to do, obviously. That's why they're working round the clock to fix the things that are wrong and add new features that people have requested.

There's only two options. Either one waits and sees, and hopes that their expectations are met or approached. Or one takes the game back and demands a refund, like with any faulty/undesirable product one could have bought. And one forgets about it and moves on. There's not much else to do I am afraid.  :-\

But hey, at least you can vent a little on the forum, to get your opinion out, whilst deciding which street to pick.  :P

Regards,
Fred
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 18:57:47 by Mad_Fred »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 18:57:10 »

Good, thanks Fred, why didn't they write : Ship Simulator 2008 New Horizon language patch. That's intelligent, without writing new horizon, it's not

Maybe because it's not just for NH but was for Shipsim on the whole, so to name it just for NH would not make sense then... I don't know the specifics on that, sorry. But would suppose that was a main reason.. 

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 19:37:25 »

Sorry, Belgian flag is similar to German and I sometimes mix colors  :doh:

Not quite, see attachments. Top is the Belgian flag
Bottom is the German flag

BTW, the Dutch flag is almost similar to the Croatiën Flag.  ;D
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

Birder

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 20:09:07 »

Well you're partly right indeed, Dooberry.  :) 

And well, indeed.. as with any product, people should have the right to complain if they're not happy, and demand their money back if needs be.

But it's not like Vstep intentionally ticked off their customers. That's the last thing they'd ever want to do, obviously. That's why they're working round the clock to fix the things that are wrong and add new features that people have requested.

There's only two options. Either one waits and sees, and hopes that their expectations are met or approached. Or one takes the game back and demands a refund, like with any faulty/undesirable product one could have bought. And one forgets about it and moves on. There's not much else to do I am afraid.  :-\

I must agree with fred on this as like many i was not satisfied with SSE, so I asked for a refund and it was given within 3 days, these are your rights and V-step will honour them

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 22:12:30 »

But you seem to have forgotten to unregister your license keys then since you're still here as registered extremes user...  ::)

Those keys might now come up as invalid for the next owner, which is an oversight on your part perhaps. I've gone and blocked them, since you won't be playing the game after you got your refund, obviously, cause that would be illegal.

Regards,
Fred

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 22:53:51 »

Maybe he thought he could have his cake, and eat it too.. ;D

pdpx7

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 23:34:01 »

Really people, stop swearing! It's not life or death ok?

Buzinga!

freeciv

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2010, 23:35:29 »

Yuck! That cake has jelly in it!

It's ruined  :'(
Gone fishing            Thanks pdpx7 for the great sig!

Your_A_Nation

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 02:54:07 »

the cake reminds me of portal.   :2thumbs:

svache

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 03:25:46 »

BTW, the Dutch flag is almost similar to the Croatiën Flag.  ;D
If you want to get really strict to it, then the Croatian flag is similar to the Dutch flag, not the other way around, this because the Dutch flag is older ;)

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 03:28:37 »

Come to think of it, the Luxembourg flag looks a bit like the Dutch flag.. :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 03:59:07 by saltydog »

Simpsons05

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2010, 17:17:30 »

I have decided to give the Game back to Vstep, for the refund i will by a game that works...like Darksiders or f1...i dont know...
But how can i give it back, when i bought it by gamesload? I have only the serial and the download files...
Please give a hint, i dont want it anymore cause i cant play it...

Simpsons05

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010, 17:21:00 »

Hi Simpsons05,

Why not wait another couple of days and see if the patch changes your mind about the game. There is supposed to be quite a bit in this patch that will address many issues discussed here.
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Simpsons05

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010, 18:22:44 »

Yeah i know ive read the terms written on the update topic, but i dont want to wait anymore! I have this game for so long and i was really happy to buy it, but there was only dissapointment...and i wanted to play it but i couldnt and now i dont want it anymore...my patients is over...sorry...
So please tell tell me how to do it...

Simpsons05

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2010, 18:33:28 »

I really cannot believe you can't wait two days at most until the patch is out! Seems a bit nuts in my opinion, give it a try, and then next week if it isn't to your liking then contact VSTEP about refunds. :thumbs:

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2010, 19:25:39 »

It might also be wise to contact support at gamesload.de, I am sure they will have some form of sytem in place for refundsand such. Only, it might be on a time limit after purchase, so it's best to check sooner rather than later, then.

Since you have bought the game there, you could perhaps already get a good answer if you check out their 'house rules', for when it comes to returning a product that's not to your liking.

If that doesn't work, then you can also check with Vstep ofcourse, but since they didnt sell it to you directly, and they are also not the publisher, the 'paperwork' might have to be done over at the actual selling point.

Regards,
Fred
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 19:27:15 by Mad_Fred »

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2010, 19:28:30 »

Yeah i know ive read the terms written on the update topic, but i dont want to wait anymore! I have this game for so long and i was really happy to buy it, but there was only dissapointment...and i wanted to play it but i couldnt and now i dont want it anymore...my patients is over...sorry...
So please tell tell me how to do it...

Simpsons05

I guess the general rule is when you purchase a broken product is that the seller can deny a refund if they offer repairs. I wanted to return the game as well, but since I know repairs are coming I decided to give them a chance to fix it. I think you should do that too, and you can certainly wait two more days.

Tavares Junior

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2010, 20:07:40 »

Hi Simpsons05,

I think you should not give up now!
Take a time out of the game and maybe with another game., They are working on the patch it's take longer certainly they won't to have an updated with bugs which may not attend the game's correction in good order as we all and VSTEP wants.
Image that at the other side there are people working.... ;)

Take a time go to a BAR and enjoy it and or enjoy the end of the summer. (Find more things to do)

Or go sailing;

Maybe read a book:

JOKE  :2thumbs:

Sincerelly in the midle of 2007 I got the SS 2006 as a gift from a Dutch Friend (A Big Brother to me) www.portpictures.nl after 2 or 3 years of contact through email with him. As at that time I had nor any visa or credit card to buy it on the internet. Then this friend just send me the game, as he knew I was planning to becomes a harbour pilot and this simulator could increase my inspiration on my dream. and later he gave me the SS08 and now I got by myself the SSE.
Sincerelly this is not a case that change my life.... But here is the real friendship that we can build into this forum.

The game is not everything for our daily life but it have to represent something very positive at anyway and anytime to each one of us.

I have no idea how old you are. But I can tell you. I'm at the south of Brazil and for anything what I which to order I have to wait a bit longer every time.... And the life still going on every day..... :2thumbs:

Holpe I can get a chance to play into the multplayer with you....

Best regards from Brasil
Tavares Jr
Pics removed by Ballast. Please keep it suitable for all ages  :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 20:46:19 by Ballast »
Tavares Jr
** Open Sea - Radar observer - SMCP - GPS / Chart Plotters / Certifyed yatch Master

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2010, 20:14:22 »

:o :o :o

I wonder if this is too much for Fred ;D

Good thing you have her at the helm, as least you can say she's shipsim related ;)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 20:18:53 by Subwolf »

Tavares Junior

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2010, 20:16:52 »

I think he can tell us  :evil:
Tavares Jr
** Open Sea - Radar observer - SMCP - GPS / Chart Plotters / Certifyed yatch Master

Birder

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2010, 08:50:26 »

But you seem to have forgotten to unregister your license keys then since you're still here as registered extremes user...  ::)

Those keys might now come up as invalid for the next owner, which is an oversight on your part perhaps. I've gone and blocked them, since you won't be playing the game after you got your refund, obviously, cause that would be illegal.

Regards,
Fred

I have removed the game from my system but if they do fix all the bugs then i will buy it

I had no idea i had to remove anything on the forum and cant see how i do it.

By the way i way trying to say that you and vstep had been fair and proper to me and hope that the program is fixed.

Regards
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 08:55:00 by Birder »

TJK

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2010, 09:02:09 »

no need to remove anything from the forum, but if you will delete the key  go into you forum profile and delete you key's easy to do so joust click on the unregister  key on the right side or under it
TJK
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 10:14:46 by TJK »

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2010, 10:50:52 »

I wonder if something will happen today, another "next" week is almost gone ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines