Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 11:11:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Update is coming...next year?  (Read 30576 times)

Simpsons05

• Forum member
Update is coming...next year?
« on: September 24, 2010, 21:11:29 »

Ive waiting all the week, for the update and now I read this...another week...
In my oppinion its really a shame what they do the hole time!!!!
They work on a demo and more and more guys buy this game, cause the demo is fine and they see all the amazing videos (like i did...) and when they have the game at home, when they play it the first time the Incredible happens:
the ship isnt working how it should, it turns the wrong way and on my game-i have the german version- when i want to reset a mission its says:"neu ustarten" its like "new wgame"! No fake! >:(
I have no idea when they start to do their job, but im hoping that we dont have to wait until next year for this update, or better: the update that fixes all our problems and bugs and only let my ship sailing the way I want!

Greetings Simpsons05
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 13:59:45 by Frank_VSTEP »

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: Update is coming...next year?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 21:15:42 »

Will waiting four or five days or so really make a difference to your life?

I think it is good VSTEP are thinking about it and intend to make sure STEAM users get it at the same time as everyone else etc, otherwise a new wave of moaning would only start. ::)

I'd rather wait longer and have a decent patch over a buggy one, wouldn't you agree?

Mike

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 21:19:22 »

At least this delay is a mere five days. The game itself was delayed by quarters of a year at a time. ;)

Simpsons05

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 21:30:18 »

It will not change my life but maybe it ruins my view to vstep completly...
I think really its a good thing, that they want to purchase this update for all game users, but really - i have no hope that this update will clear all the bugs...
and to your information...my game have so many bugs that for me its impossible to play it on...my ships turn suddenly to a different side and ive no idea why...i have nothing touched- only the up-button, the hole time!
And i wait until the game is released and i think really its a good thing that the update is coming, but why the hell they show a brandnew demo before the update? I cant understand it!!!

Simpsons05

ps: for delay the game quarters of a year it has already MANY bugs, or?
why do you think its another thing with this update...?

Tavares Junior

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 21:55:15 »

Simpsons05,
In part I agree with you....
But let's wait a bit more.
Unfortunatelly the world is not PINK as we use to say this here in Brazil.

The case is; We shall be pattient and wait for VSTEP dedication which they are taking along with such period., Certainlly they won't to have their clients complaining about their product.
Investinments they had made in order to offer a product with quality and now their developing the necessary patch in order to fix any bug, error and or missing behavior of the ship's and its components.

The main consideration that we have to bear in mind is that all necessary support and or doubt answers we are getting through this FORUN between users (SS Mates) and from whole VSTEP TEAM (CMM)

tell me now... Wich mission is your preffered one?

Best regards my friend and all the best  :2thumbs:
Tavares
Tavares Jr
** Open Sea - Radar observer - SMCP - GPS / Chart Plotters / Certifyed yatch Master

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 22:23:12 »

Simsons05,

I think you're being quite unreasonable. I mean come on.. do you not have the patience to wait a few more days?

The game is playable, and if you really don't want to play it until the patch comes out, go and do something which isn't on the computer :)

Waiting a bit longer isn't going to end the world, and I'm sure you can wait until next week. Sure it is dissapointing, I can understand that, but creating a new topic just to have a moan is not a good idea and will probably provolk others to do the same :-\
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Neo-ST

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 00:41:53 »

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 01:29:40 »

Not for everyone ;)

Well I was generally speaking for most people :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Sjoerd92

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 09:27:10 »

I can play the game easy.
There are some little bugs. Like in a rhib you see trough the waves.
But nothing to serious that i couldnt play the game.

Dont we al have the same game? Maybe its your computer/game settings?

Simpsons05

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 11:18:27 »

Only to make this clear, i cant play the game, its not so, that i dont want play it, cause i want it, but i cant!
And thats why im so angry!
Like i said, sure the world dont ends in this week and sure its good, that they will release the best update they can create, but they have so many time since the game is on market and they release a demo and new videos and all things like that and im questioning: why?
They have to work on this update and spend all the time on it they have!

Thats my oppinion and it will maybe change if the update is so fabulous like you hope!

Simpsons05

ps @Tavares Junior: I dont really know whats my prefered mission is, cause and i cant play the game further than greenpeace mission four  ::) :'(
(like ive describe in the topic ive created, but no one cares about it...)

Neo-ST

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 19:45:36 »

This is capitalism, nobody cares for you, but for your money ;)
And my best advice to you is... forget the ******* game and move on with your life....or just wait :)
No, wait...you have to wait anyway, so just move the ** on  :thumbs:

What a great pity that you are unable to express yourself without using bad language.
I have removed it.

Traddles.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 21:10:31 by Traddles »

Tavares Junior

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 13:12:49 »

Simpsons05,
Sorry it was not so clear to me  :-\

Captain Spencer:
His case is really serious.
He paid for the game and now he can't use it!

What kind of immediatelly action VSTEP can take to him?
Now is comming the opportunity to show the VSTEP respect with the clients and customers. Sincerelly it's what we expect for :thumbs:

Regards
Tavares Jr
** Open Sea - Radar observer - SMCP - GPS / Chart Plotters / Certifyed yatch Master

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 15:27:08 »

To Neo-ST,
In one of your posts you aswer on the question"the game is playable" you said "not for everyone".Well,First thing we ask than is put your DXDiag in an additional post.They we can see were some of the problems are.
Most of the common faults are from the capacity of some computers.Maybe they are just at the very minimum requirments for running the game.
Offcource we are also aware of the problems of the game itself,however that part we be taken care of,infact they are allready running on overtime to fix them.
Vstep is a company which has to make money,which is normal.But your opinion that they have the money now on their account,and let everybody behind is not true.
Just look at the way this forum works,we are all busy to help you all out.The problem is that some members have not the patients,so that we can help.You should have a bit more respect to,because we have respect for you.
Your attitude is not helping the forum and the game.To bad.
Regards
Marc
N

Neo-ST

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 19:26:20 »

To Neo-ST,
In one of your posts you aswer on the question"the game is playable" you said "not for everyone".Well,First thing we ask than is put your DXDiag in an additional post.They we can see were some of the problems are. Most of the common faults are from the capacity of some computers.Maybe they are just at the very minimum requirments for running the game.

Hi,
I've already put my dxdiag somewhere in someone's post, but that post has been deleted (can't find it via search). I've also explained my situation already here and there's nothing else to do but wait for the patch.

Offcource we are also aware of the problems of the game itself,however that part we be taken care of,infact they are allready running on overtime to fix them.
Vstep is a company which has to make money,which is normal.But your opinion that they have the money now on their account,and let everybody behind is not true.
Just look at the way this forum works,we are all busy to help you all out.The problem is that some members have not the patients,so that we can help.You should have a bit more respect to,because we have respect for you.
Your attitude is not helping the forum and the game.To bad.
Regards
Marc

Marc, I understand your efforts to be as good as possible to both Vstep and forum users and I respect that, don't get me wrong. I have shown enough of my respect by not asking for my money back, because, let's be honest, the game is loaded with problems and many of us can't even play it, in other words - it's unfinished. I can't have respect for unfinished products that I paid for, but as I said, I have respect for you because you, along with other administrators, are trying to make the best of this situation and defend Vstep at the same time.
On the other hand, you also have to understand us, the users. How would you feel if you bought a new car without windows? Obviously you can't drive it, would you be respectful to a company that sold it to you even if they tell you "we are working on the problem, next week we will send you the man who will put windows on your car for free, but until then please have patience". Then comes the next week and the man didn't come.
You're German, and German people are perfectionists, you should understand what I'm saying :)
Anyway, no need to argue anymore, we're all waiting for the patch and that's it  :thumbs:
Farewell.

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 19:48:29 »

Greetings,
Well, i'm not german but Belgian.
Not only shipsim has troubles with first releases,also flightsim of microsoft,and many other games.
We are not defending Vstep,however we try to help the forummembers with some solutions.
Like i said,by many the game is playable,while others have many problems.Look first to your computer,is he capable to even run the game.(DXdiag)might clear some problems if you send it in a post on the forum.We have guy's here who understand the problems and can help.
If your computer is strong enough to run the game,well than its something else.In the time since the release we are knowned by all the problems with the game.But that part will be fixed,also remember that the 2008 version was not running well in the beginning.
Marc
N

Neo-ST

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 20:06:39 »

Sorry, Belgian flag is similar to German and I sometimes mix colors  :doh:
My computer is Ok, as I said, there's nothing else to do but wait for the patch, thank you.

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 20:13:31 »

O.K.I hope that will help your gameplaying,so atleast you get happy to :thumbs:
Regards
Marc
N

*M*A*S*

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 03:54:14 »

I don't min waiting a week or even a month for the patch. I'm sure the game will improve with time once all the bugs are discoverded and fixed. It all takes time and patience. And moaning won't help. 
*M*A*S*
Ships Officer
U.S. Merchant Marine

svache

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 07:31:57 »

I think it is good VSTEP are thinking about it and intend to make sure STEAM users get it at the same time as everyone else etc, otherwise a new wave of moaning would only start. ::)
I'm kind of wondering what happens if STEAM wants to delay it another time ::)

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 07:48:52 »

Yep, i understand you.
I dont know,however if there is an agreement between Vstep and Steam,nothing else can be done than but waith.
Just to avoid the legal actions.
Just waith and see,what will come up.
Regards
Marc
N

Simpsons05

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 14:41:55 »

Is there any date for patch now?
Cause last time anybody has actualize it and now its still writte next week...I hope it means THIS week...
@Marc: i have post in an separat topic the crash report, which is showing when i play greenpeace mission 4, and captain spencer told me, that he is working on solution, but he cant do it alone and since this theres no response on it...no one cares about my problem...i  must create a topic like this to get attention, cause my problems dont get it...

i show you here my dxdiag and hope you can show me solutions...

Simpsons05

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 15:30:54 »

Hoy,
Yes, their is always someone to take care of the problems.Only it is possible that the guy's are not online when you post it.
Post your dxDiag and your post on the technical support,then someone might see it quicker.
Regards
Marc
N

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 18:38:24 »

And 2008 New Horizon ??? "A patch for New Horizon will translate it in your langage will be disponible in a few weeks." Do you mean : "a patch for New Horizon will be release, in some years, when we get back to work, but we aren't sure that we will do that, you bought so no problem, it didn't change us anything."

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 18:42:36 »

Errm.. I think that you perhaps mean the language patch?  That was released and could switch the game between several different languages.

Dooberry

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 18:43:29 »

Personally i believe that if this company has any plans to release DLC's for this simulator it should at least be free for the first couple of them due to the sheer dissapointment and false marketing they have done for this title. I feel i have been let down as im sure do others. A games company really does not want to **** their clients of at this stage of a release, do they?? It is the same with any product you buy from a shop shelf if you are unsatisfied with the product or if it is severely faulty then you take it back for a refund!! Those of you who have not had any issues what so ever then your really lucky!but i would say that the people who have had issues and the people who feel that they were miss sold this product due to false advertising have a dam strong point to put forward to the developers and producers of this sim. IMO this Sim was released to early and should have gone through some serious beta testing first instead of relying on your paying clients to do it for you after the release of the title.

Really no point in blasting my personel opinion because thats exactly what it is and certainly not aimed at any of you just the company that has sold this Sim.

Regards.

Edited for language.  If you had to censor it yourself, it wasn't really suitable to begin with. - Fred
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 18:45:34 by Mad_Fred »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines