Hello Guest June 15, 2024, 23:39:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: New patch  (Read 56596 times)

Subwolf

• Forum member
Re: New patch
« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2010, 13:30:21 »

I can't say the Vstep folks ignore us, as metman suggests. They are in here reading and posting almost every day. And there is an updated thread about the status of the patch.

But what surprises me is their lack of planning, or if there are plans they are not very good ones. They seem to be taking day to day decisions, resulting in delay upon delay when it comes to this patch. I wouldn't do business this way because I would definitely lose sales.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2010, 13:37:28 »

Hi metman
Sometime's it is not a case of slow communication but that thing's change constantly
So even though we see it as wrong (its a case of play safe) If V-Step were to tell you
something and then it suddenly changed for some reason they would then have to tell
you it had changed (then people get upset) so better so say nothing until really sure
that all things are in place first.
There are a lot of people involved and things take time to make sure that all the right
things are done and then when its all in place to the satisfaction of all partys involved
they can tell us moderators and you the people that matter most.
                                                                                         Eric  
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 14:20:11 by sadsid »

metman

• Forum member
« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2010, 15:14:58 »

Thanks Eric.  Comments greatly appreciated.  I know that it is difficult for VSTEP to make sure everything is correct but a short message doesn't do any harm and is very quick.  Stops us the end-user getting all hot and bothered, you the moderators taking all the flak and all those at VSTEP heading for the bunker with their tin hats on!!!!

As I hinted at, poor customer service is something that most companies medium and large are guilty of, the failure to keep customers updated , small companies do it by necessity because if they don't they fail!!

Metman

ps Please tell Frank that he can come up to periscope depth now.........!!!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2010, 15:27:38 »

Might I add that the staff here has been posting many answers to various questions and have repeated often that certain problems are reported and under development for fixing and such.

We are the medium between you as end user and the developer, for the most of the time. Only problem is, as soon as something goes wrong, we seem to lose all our credibility as volunteers, and people just don't take our word for it and think we're in the dark too.

Well, the communication is there, from Vstep, through us. And the more important things they answer or announce themselves. But if you don't think we speak on their behalf and that we are only making stuff up to cover their tracks and thus not take our words for anything, then that's not a communication problem.  ::)

;D

Fred.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2010, 16:25:46 »

Hear hear Fred ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 18:59:14 by Captain Spencer »
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Markus97

• Forum member
« Reply #205 on: October 02, 2010, 18:55:05 »

Exactly when will the patch come? Just wonder.  :blush:

/Markus
Want to see "Ship Simulator"-videos and trailers in real full-HD? Click here!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #206 on: October 02, 2010, 19:30:42 »

There is no date set. You will have to be patient. 'First week of October' is what was announced.  

Weren't you angry cause they set dates in the past that they couldn't keep?  Didn't you suggest Vstep shouldn't give dates untill it's done, to prevent disappointment?

And now you want a date?  ::)

Please think about that for a second.  ;D

Fred.

Markus97

• Forum member
« Reply #207 on: October 02, 2010, 19:56:58 »

There is no date set. You will have to be patient. 'First week of October' is what was announced.  

Weren't you angry cause they set dates in the past that they couldn't keep?  Didn't you suggest Vstep shouldn't give dates untill it's done, to prevent disappointment?

And now you want a date?  ::)

Please think about that for a second.  ;D

Fred.

OK, the first week in October is now... hehe

/Markus

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #208 on: October 02, 2010, 20:46:47 »

Yes did you not read the new topic?  You commented on it with spam again yesterday, but you didn't actually read it then?  ::)

Fred

jfail

• Forum member
« Reply #209 on: October 02, 2010, 22:21:46 »

Looks like things are degenerating again Fred.
John
U.S. Coast Guard (Retired 1977)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #210 on: October 02, 2010, 23:50:35 »

Not for long though...   ::)

Markus97

• Forum member
« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2010, 10:58:44 »

Yes did you not read the new topic?  You commented on it with spam again yesterday, but you didn't actually read it then?  ::)

Fred

I read it, I did.

/Markus

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2010, 11:08:53 »

Then why the cheeky remarks again and the question about a date, if you already read it?  ::)

Nah dont bother answering that, it's clear you're trying to play a game with us. I'd advise against it though, cause there's only one prize to win, and you wouldn't like it very much.

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #213 on: October 03, 2010, 11:24:39 »

This topic should be locked. Please, be patient about the oncoming patch!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #214 on: October 03, 2010, 11:34:21 »

Why should one person ruin a topic for the rest?  :-\

Some serious and polite members might still have questions or remarks about the new patch that are worth posting and reading, so we're not locking it just because one kid tries to be a smartypants..   ;)

Fred

metman

• Forum member
« Reply #215 on: October 03, 2010, 12:12:55 »

Quote from the November issue of PC Gamer "[i]Ship Simulator Extremes - Valve pull it from Steam, saying 'It doesn't make sense to continue selling the game' until it's fixed"[/i]

Looks as though Valve are pushing all the blame on VSTEP, I find it very hard to believe that it wasn't pressure from Valve for the release the game that resulted in the game in its present state being released.

Metman

metman

• Forum member
« Reply #216 on: October 03, 2010, 12:20:46 »

In my post I stated that there was no DIRECT posts from VSTEP - I stand, or sit, by that comment.  I for one, and I'm sure there are others on the forum do not know who is employed by VSTEP as it is not obvious from their 'signatures'.  I therefore assumed in the absence of any other proof that the only VSTEP staff member posting was 'Frank'.  I'm not a mind reader, never have been and never will be, so I apologise if I have ruffled some feathers, but if you are speaking for VSTEP then please let us know.

Let's face it, all we both want at the end of the day is a fully working game to play .

Regards

Metman

Markus97

• Forum member
« Reply #217 on: October 03, 2010, 12:48:19 »

Then why the cheeky remarks again and the question about a date, if you already read it?  ::)

Nah dont bother answering that, it's clear you're trying to play a game with us. I'd advise against it though, cause there's only one prize to win, and you wouldn't like it very much.

I can't wait anymore...  :C :C :C

/Markus

TJK

« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2010, 12:59:34 »

Do something else then, don't be a little sulking boy her

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #219 on: October 03, 2010, 13:11:08 »

In my post I stated that there was no DIRECT posts from VSTEP - I stand, or sit, by that comment.  I for one, and I'm sure there are others on the forum do not know who is employed by VSTEP as it is not obvious from their 'signatures'.  I therefore assumed in the absence of any other proof that the only VSTEP staff member posting was 'Frank'.  I'm not a mind reader, never have been and never will be, so I apologise if I have ruffled some feathers, but if you are speaking for VSTEP then please let us know.

Let's face it, all we both want at the end of the day is a fully working game to play .

Regards

Metman

The Vstep employees have 'ship simulator developer' as secondary 'title' under their name, apart from a moderator or administrator position. Easy to spot if you look closely.

Frank posts most of he announcement with the newsitem and updates, there's no need to have that done by a variety of Vsteppers. But they are here, looking and reading and posting. The rest is done via the forum team of volunteers.. That's the way it goes. They can often be considered to speak DIRECTLY for Vstep. What is so hard to understand about that, what does it matter who posts news, as long as you realise that it is coming from Vstep? You know who the team members are, and if not, you can find that in the forum faq topic in FAQ & Announcements.

So once again.. the forum staff of volunteers, when posting factual answers to your question about the game, can be considered to speak on behalf of Vstep, with the exception of when these individuals post their personal views and opinions. But those types of posts are easy to spot too...  ::)

We speak for them, so they don't have to put down their work to come post here all the time. It's an efficient way of working, and very common on fora.

I hope this clears it up a bit for you. It doesn't matter if the messenger is an employee or a volunteer, when info is posted, it can be considered coming from vstep themselves. We're in daily contact on many channels and are mutually informed about what they have to offer the public in terms of information, and what we have to offer them in terms of forum feedback. Easy as that.

Regards,
Fred

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #220 on: October 03, 2010, 19:05:41 »

At topic "Ankündigung Patch 1.2" http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,21544.0.html I read that the Multiplayer issues would be fixed in the Patch 1.3, not in the Patch 1.2.

@Sturmfahrt:
Der Multiplayer soll mit patch 1.3 verbessert werden. Da diese Arbeiten sehr umfangreich sind, haben sie es nicht in den Patch 1.2 geschafft. Es muste entschieden werden, entweder weiter und länger auf den patch 1.2 zu warten, oder aber einen Cut zu machen, um einen ersten patch freizugeben und weitere Bugs und Verbesserungen auf einen nächsten patch zu verschieben.

Gruss

Sturmfahrt

dragongfx

• Forum member
« Reply #221 on: October 04, 2010, 08:58:58 »

Markus.

What will u do if u cant wait anny more ?

I have a idea. Try to get outside a litle and get some fresh air. Maybe get u a girlfriend then u dont have time to tink about the patch :)

Or do as me work a lot. Then when u come home a rainy evening and look at shipsim.com there is a patch.

But i swear when the 1.2 patch is out. People begin asking and spamming for patch 1.3 and so.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2010, 09:09:56 »

Maybe get u a girlfriend then u dont have time to tink about the patch :)

Sounds like a good idea, but she may think it's stupid to be playing with boats on the computer..
 (Have you noticed how few girls there are on the game..? )
She will probably drag you off to go shopping.. ;D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:22:24 by saltydog »

thassos

• Forum member
« Reply #223 on: October 04, 2010, 10:34:27 »

Have you noticed how few girls there are on the game..?

I thought there were lots of girls on the game ;-) 

Maybe the girls/women playing this game are more patient than some boys.  Or maybe just more polite and simply get on to enjoy what they have until something new turns up.
The right to speak does not include the right to be taken seriously.

Creator on Creators Forum

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #224 on: October 04, 2010, 10:37:12 »

I thought there were lots of girls on the game ;-) 

Maybe the girls/women playing this game are more patient than some boys.  Or maybe just more polite and simply get on to enjoy what they have until something new turns up.

:o

hehe Don't get your hopes up...

:doh:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines