Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 07:07:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: New patch  (Read 55482 times)

Subwolf

• Forum member
Re: New patch
« Reply #225 on: October 04, 2010, 16:16:29 »

Quote from the November issue of PC Gamer "[i]Ship Simulator Extremes - Valve pull it from Steam, saying 'It doesn't make sense to continue selling the game' until it's fixed"[/i]

Looks as though Valve are pushing all the blame on VSTEP, I find it very hard to believe that it wasn't pressure from Valve for the release the game that resulted in the game in its present state being released.

Metman

The game is pulled from Steam?? What a mess :doh:

dragongfx

• Forum member
« Reply #226 on: October 04, 2010, 17:15:16 »

I understand why VALVE took the game out.

Extremes was not nearly finished. But let us hope that some patches do the Sim to what it should be:)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #227 on: October 04, 2010, 17:21:35 »

What does this mean for Steam version owners?

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #228 on: October 04, 2010, 17:45:17 »

What does this mean for Steam version owners?

Well it looks like the game is still available on Steam, at least for European customers. I believe Valve is a gaming company in the US, but Paradox is the official publisher.

oilburner

• Forum member
« Reply #229 on: October 04, 2010, 20:54:08 »

Does anybody like it that there are bugs and the game doesn't feel polished at all? No, of course not. But, please realize that this is a niche game (ships) in a niche market (simulators) on what's more and more becoming a niche platform (PC). Obviously these guys aren't doing it solely for the money...if they were they would be making a zombie killing game for the xbox. Have patience and be glad that somebody is actually making a ship simulator at all.

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #230 on: October 04, 2010, 20:58:27 »

There is one 'friendly' bug in SSE that I really like.

A few times my playable vessel has been severely damaged or sunk by accident. Simply save the game and load the saved game. The vessel is now back to full health or floating again and I was able to carry on with my mission  :)

No doubt this 'friendly' bug will be fixed in the forthcoming patch.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #231 on: October 04, 2010, 21:15:16 »

Well it looks like the game is still available on Steam, at least for European customers. I believe Valve is a gaming company in the US, but Paradox is the official publisher.

So far one of our mods in the USA, and several US friends of mine have checked and they can just buy it from Steam with no problem. All fine up to the point of purchase.

Here in Europe it is also fine. I don't think Steam would be selective as to where they would and wouldn't pull it from, if they really wanted to halt the procedures.

Plus, it's illogical for them to hold up the patch release for weeks, and then complain that the game isn't ready and needs a patch. That makes no sense to me.

Also no other indications have been given by Vstep to us.

I think our legs were pulled, perhaps.  ::)

I have my doubts as to this info being accurate. Unless we see some official Steam announcement about it, I take it to be untrue.

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #232 on: October 04, 2010, 22:06:19 »

I tried to do a little investigation and asked some questions in the communities, to find out what this is all about. The game is indeed gone from the Valve site, if it was available from them in the first place, people say it was. Valve also use Steam, I guess this is the mix up. But it shouldn't make any difference for those who purchased the game from Valve, since they will get the update from Steam.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #233 on: October 05, 2010, 00:02:14 »

I have the Patch...  :o

Now have Billy Green and a Damage on/off tick box...

Edit: Printscreen

Edit 2: OS now has lifeboats  :2thumbs:

Edit 3: Freedom 90s Exhaust comes out of her thruster...  ???
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 00:14:29 by The Ferry Man »

Neo-ST

• Forum member
« Reply #234 on: October 05, 2010, 00:46:10 »

How come you have the patch when there's no patch on official website ?

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #235 on: October 05, 2010, 00:46:59 »

A advantage of having Steam...

Apparently there is one...  :o

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #236 on: October 05, 2010, 01:15:08 »

I tried to do a little investigation and asked some questions in the communities, to find out what this is all about. The game is indeed gone from the Valve site, if it was available from them in the first place, people say it was. Valve also use Steam, I guess this is the mix up. But it shouldn't make any difference for those who purchased the game from Valve, since they will get the update from Steam.

Well isn't Steam now independant even though it started off as the channel to market valve's game's with?

Steam itself still has it..  US and Europe.  :-\

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #237 on: October 05, 2010, 01:20:38 »

Vstep waited with the patch cause Steam users could not get it, now they get it first? Is this right? I hope I am wrong. If not, so have Vstep done another 'misstake' which will irritate other customers and the trust I have in that company have fallen even more. This game and what happens with it and around it now more and more seems like a comedy, so I hope for Vstep that this is not happening.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #238 on: October 05, 2010, 01:25:00 »

Steam might now have jumped the gun on Vstep, it would seem.  :-\

(you can't really control what a publisher/distributor does all the time, paradox handles that side, so vstep is also at the mercy of 'outside factors' at times.)

Tomorrow morning (well this morning actually) might hold the answer. Maybe the patch is due tomorrow and Steam is a bit early so as not to miss the release time due to the time difference. Better a few hours early than a few hours late, eh?

Too soon to tell. But Steam has had their share of surprises for Vstep so far.

You can at least expect an answer come business hours tomorrow,  I reckon.

flaviossa

• Forum member
« Reply #239 on: October 05, 2010, 02:36:26 »

ahhhhh... so i was right. C´mon Fred!
This is ridiculous. The hole thing this past 2 weeks was about "sincronized" release. Now STEAM got them before us? What is the point of that?
So VSTEP was concerned about STEAM users start to shout .... so what about us now?

Yes, i have a life and yes i´m not going to die because of that, but it´s really .... well i will be quiet.  >:(

So please, when can we expect our patch as now we are the "moan one's"?
At least someone from vstep could put a link here in the forum with the patch.

And i pre-paid my copy .... há!
Remember, that part of what makes a game a sucess or not is US!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 02:52:15 by flaviossa »
ShipSim 08 / ShipSim Extremes
Win10 Pro 64 - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H100i - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - EVGA GTX1080 SC - TrackIR 5 - SSD 960Gb + 480Gb Hyper X 3K

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #240 on: October 05, 2010, 03:16:47 »

Perhaps it's as simple as Vstep releasing this morning, and Steam being a few hours in front because otherwise the steam users will have to wait till the late afternoon here in europe, when Steam opens their doors again.

And I wasn't saying this is definate as we have just seen that another steam user DID NOT have the update yet. Maybe we should wait before we start to yell bloody murder.  ;D

Keyword timezone.

And it's not as easy as just putting a link up. there is a publisher also pulling strings. Everyone always has all the answers, but no one really knows the whole story.  ::)

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #241 on: October 05, 2010, 07:32:59 »

Mad Fred,

The V1.2.2 patch (as it is now called) is now available on the ShipSim website for non-Steam users  :2thumbs:
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Frank_VSTEP

« Reply #242 on: October 05, 2010, 07:40:48 »

Completely bull info...the game is prominently featured on STEAM: http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Simulation/

Jack Haworth

• Forum member
« Reply #243 on: October 05, 2010, 08:11:17 »

Its here!!!!

dragongfx

• Forum member
« Reply #244 on: October 05, 2010, 08:30:43 »

Thank you for give us the patch.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #245 on: October 05, 2010, 08:38:09 »

First of all: a very nice job with the new patch.. :thumbs:

One thing though, I can't see my ship or the environment on the chart..It's just a white blank square..
Also, it won't go to expanded view, or change to radar..Am I missing a hot-key..?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 09:02:52 by saltydog »

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #246 on: October 05, 2010, 11:26:28 »

I still haven't heard anyone else mention this chart/radar problem..Am I the only one..?

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #247 on: October 05, 2010, 11:28:12 »

Fred, you were right in your guess. The new patch came today.

But, now I wonder when will the next patch come. A patch which will solve the bugs in this patch(version 1.2.2).

So far have I find some things which worked before the new patch, the map is now only white. Before I could zoom in and out but that is not possible after the patch. I can not switch to radar.

I can still deploy boats, but I can not controle the deployed boats. The icon which before came up of the deployed boat is not there anymore. So none of the missions where I should deploy a boat are now not possible to solve.

One of the reasons why this patch was delayed was that this things should not happen. But, it happened anyway. So my suggesstion for now, is that Vstep take this patch back, and solve the problems with it and then release it again when all things are fixed.

The errors with this new patch, does not realy rebuild the reputation of Vstep. I understand that this things are difficult and the risc of errors are big, but it now start to become too many. And I do not care if other companies and games also have problems. When I was working so did I always compared me self with them who were better than me, so I could be that good too.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #248 on: October 05, 2010, 11:28:42 »

Appears to be just you - my charts work OK

smoe things I have noticed though:

*Red Eagle is still a knife - currently sailing through the IoW
*Freedom 90 has exhasut coming out her bow thrusters fans  ???
*Dover bouys?
*Pad still dissapears
A AI Red Jet 4 crashes straight into your ship when berthed in Cowes

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #249 on: October 05, 2010, 11:31:25 »

Yes, Freedom 90 looks like a right old diesel boat with that smoke coming out there.. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines