Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 03:17:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Are you satiesfied with SS Extremes?

Very much
Yes
Almost
Don't know yet
No Way

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank You !  (Read 15515 times)

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
Thank You !
« on: August 30, 2010, 18:44:46 »

Ahoy Ship(sim)mates.
After sailing around with the new sim for a few hours I've had it. Yes, I'm really fed up with all those Nag-Nag-Nag to the address of VSTEP.
In spite of the problems about the new Simulator like late delivery (who's to blame? Not VSTEP) the STEAM problems and the minor buggies inside the game I can't do anything but to say one thing on the address of VSTEP:
THANK YOU !!
:2thumbs: for an awsome Ship Simulator. :2thumbs:

I hope that a lot of the members around here agree with me and show their gratitude right here.
Kind Regards
Aad a very happy Pirate
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 21:10:48 by Aad The Pirate »
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

Chitch

• Forum member
Re: Thank You !
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 19:04:41 »

I concur with your statement 100%....very nice sim, great graphics, good physics (used to the old iffy ones from SS08 - ships don't turn on a dime like they did in 08  :lol:).

Overall, I think it's a really good sim, and considering all the things that VSTEP has to juggle to get the sim to perform properly....I'm kinda amazed they got it out as soon as they did.

Jim

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 19:13:19 »

Hear hear !   Compliments to the VStep team for a job well done.. :thumbs:

Roger

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 20:15:23 »

Absolute agree to Aad Piraat!

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 20:21:26 »

Come on, boys and gals.
84 views till know and just 3 comments? That can't be true.

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 20:22:53 »

a toast to Vstep!
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

Cpt. Simmo

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 10:17:04 »

WELL DONE VSTEP! Awesome simulator.  ;D Sure its got a few small bugs, but thats what patches are for!

Carl ov plymouth

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 10:28:09 »

I can not understand why you all think it's an "Awesome simulator" I think ss08 is better than this junk, I mean, danny you are having a toast to Vstep but yet "still not able to play SSE....
(paradox boxed edition)" Are you nuts? how can you be celebrating something that doesn't work?

Who do I have to speak to or contact to get my money back as in my eyes I have been sold something that doesn't work!

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 10:39:26 »

I'm very much pleased with the SSE,much better graphics,more ships and good detailed,specialy that pilotboat.
It looks close to real. :thumbs:
However,the game need some patches to do the repairs.I'm pretty sure that Vstep is very much involved,and will repair the bugs & errors in time. :thumbs:
Overall, i say again,i'm very pleased. :2thumbs:
Vstep did do a very good job so far!!!! :2thumbs:
Marc
 :2thumbs: :captain: :2thumbs:
N

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 11:00:31 »

I can not understand why you all think it's an "Awesome simulator" I think ss08 is better than this junk, I mean, danny you are having a toast to Vstep but yet "still not able to play SSE....
(paradox boxed edition)" Are you nuts? how can you be celebrating something that doesn't work?

from the videos and pictures i've seen, and the ocean were the menu should be, this game is one heck of a step up from SS2008, and yes, i'm slighty "nuts"  :P
sorry to here the game didn't work,
Vstep:
Keep up the good work!
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

kiwikid

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 11:10:31 »

;D
I received my copy of Extremes this afternoon and have just installed it , plus the update, and the bonus craft.
Vastly different from previous versions, and will take a bit of getting used to.
Would like to add to other comments and say a big THANK YOU to the developers. I might have to stock up on mal-de-mer pills, as the graphics are rather awesome.

Regards, Benjamin.

Team Namami

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 12:17:45 »

Who do I have to speak to or contact to get my money back as in my eyes I have been sold something that doesn't work!
Indeed.
Well, yes. The activation key problem during the installation has been solved, but how come the game won't start? No matter how many times I hit "start" button, the steam system shows this 'unable to connect key server' message and won't let me play. How do I solve this? Do I have to wait for another few days to get fixed or what? ???
It was much better in the past versions when all of us were able to install and start the game in like 10 minutes or so...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 12:20:24 by Team Namami »

jim.smith

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 12:27:35 »

100% agree with you Aad,no problems on instalation,enjoying the missions a few things missing but I'm sure VSTEP will overcome this and also a big thank you to VSTEP from me. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 14:58:38 »

Indeed.
Well, yes. The activation key problem during the installation has been solved, but how come the game won't start? No matter how many times I hit "start" button, the steam system shows this 'unable to connect key server' message and won't let me play. How do I solve this? Do I have to wait for another few days to get fixed or what? ???
It was much better in the past versions when all of us were able to install and start the game in like 10 minutes or so...
Ahoy Team Namami,
Although I respect your opinion, but your problem has nothing, and really nothing to do with VSTEP. In this case it's all to blame to Paradox/STEAM
Thank You Very Much !
Regards
Aad a very happy Pirate
P.S.

Maybe registering your copy here in the Forum in Your Profile would help!?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 16:03:21 by Aad The Pirate »

david payne

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 15:16:30 »

i would like to thank V-STEP in recktafieing the problem whit why i dont have my copy of SSE but that has now been sorted  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: So thank you V-STEP and look forward to playing the best game on the market  :captain:

huang yu po peter

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 15:23:34 »

A few glitches and missing features that will be patched for free and nothing prevents me from rating SSE 100%

thassos

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 09:53:05 »

I haven't had my game yet but the first thing I will do if it "doesn't work" is check the muscle of my computer and how much memory is not being used by other processes........ Just a suggestion - it's going to require a lot of RAM.
The right to speak does not include the right to be taken seriously.

Creator on Creators Forum

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 12:19:12 »

The game itself is an excellent platform that I think has a lot of potential...with the upcoming patches and buoys, I think it will make a very nice game. But I still have mixed feelings at the moment!

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 12:32:38 »

The game itself is an excellent platform that I think has a lot of potential...with the upcoming patches and buoys, I think it will make a very nice game. But I still have mixed feelings at the moment!

Jack.
Ahoy Jack
For just that reason I added the Voting-Option "Not Yet" amongst the others in the Poll.  :)
Kind Regards
Aad the very happy Pirate

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 14:59:45 »

Come on, boys and gals.
84 views till know and just 3 comments? That can't be true.
The counter, after 10 days, reads 619 views, 75 votes, 19 replies (including mine).
A bit more enthousiasm, please.

goodles

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 15:51:49 »

i agree a massive thank you love the game!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 17:31:25 »

I still stand by the idea that an unfinished product should not be on sale (or 'sail'). However, I live in the real world and accept that without revenue from sales future editions won't ever happen.

So whilst I am not really impressed by another unfinished product, I will support it by buying it and hope that in future vstep finishes products before release. Somehow I doubt the unpopular steam will be permitted to infect installations in future events.

So I have a choice, either wait until I'm next in Europe and buy a boxed copy or wait until the broadband is working (again) before downloading... decisions.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

pigdog

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 17:57:22 »

Well I bit the bullit and purchased the boxed version even after reading all the problems people were having, I installed it no problem but can't really see the benefit yet as I need to upgrade my graphics card but it does look promising, at least my ship controls work as they are supposed to now (on some ships).

We did go through similar problems when SS06 and 08 first came out so I'm not too worried it will get better with time it's a bigger leap forward in the series so far but that doesn't excuse the fiasco some people are experiencing.

I'm in the "I don't know yet" group I just hope it's worth the price of the game plus the extra 80 odd quid for a new graphics card!

Pigdog
[img width=585 height=150http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9431/panddax5.png]

Oasis

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 18:46:55 »

You guys can toast away and celebrate playing a glitchy, unfinished product. I'll be sailing the same thing nearly litterally, I almost have all the same ships as SSE, almost all the same harbours and areas, and no lag what so ever in SS08.
What? You going to tell me that SSE has major improvements over SS08? Can I ask like? (Other than ships and different playable areas) SS08 has Multiplayer/Missions/Free Roam.

And before you say the water textures are better, doesn't really bother me, I don't hold a class of water up and go "o my word, my glass of water is more clear than yours!" if it's blue and looks like water, im happy and I think SS08 does just that, nor should I have to pay £24 (which I did) to just get a water texture improvement (it should be launched as a patch/update), and you can't say the dynamics are better, from what i've seen on the forums, the minute your ship hits the wall in any harbour it sinks, so that can't be 'better/improvement' can it.

I have nothing to celebrate in SSE, when I got it I litterally just said to myself "SS08 in another box"

This is just my opinion, and I agree that everyone has their own.

Oasis

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 18:52:54 by Oasis »

goodles

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 18:58:52 »

SSE is far better, with improved graphics even from what SS08 has

new boats, and improvements to boats from SS08

Still has Multiplayer/Missions/Free Roam like SS08

glitchy and unfinished I have not seen that at all
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines