Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 20:50:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Are you satiesfied with SS Extremes?

Very much
Yes
Almost
Don't know yet
No Way

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank You !  (Read 15313 times)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
Re: Thank You !
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 20:19:29 »

Oasis, then USE 08 and leave sse players to enjoy it in blissful ignorance... ;)
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 22:10:08 »

How nice to have our first Extremes poll.. ;D

Oasis

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 22:13:18 »

Oasis, then USE 08 and leave sse players to enjoy it in blissful ignorance... ;)

Then where would that lead to? Turn your back and make out that SSE is perfect to VSTEP?
Yes probably the majority of SSE's users have no problem's with it, but if there isn't dislike, then how can it be improved, if your 100% happy with it, then why does there need to be another service pack / expansion, when you have just said that the game is perfect as it is? Why a V1.1? When V1.0 was perfect, as I saw people saying when it was launched?

Let's look at the example from Flight Simulator, FSX gets launched, yeah you had some players who LOVED it, "it's perfect..." "you can't get much better than this", then you had the other players who went back to FS9, who did Microsoft listen to? FS9'ers and launched two service packs for it.

Or another example, SSE gets launched, people angry about the STEAM version not working, VSTEP launch an update to fix it.

Without the negative, you can't get a positive.

No one wants Ship Simulator to do badly, nor VSTEP, I bet the people who work there are lovely guys and girls. It's not like they wanted to launch a glitchy game. But without the negative feedback, without the users demanding for fixes and dislikes, then how can the game improve? Get Fixed?

When I say SS08 is better, it's because to me, in my opinion a better game at this current time as I cannot find £24 worth of better improvements and updates to that of SS08, and for the love of word how many times did I post along the lines of "The only different is there's a couple more ships in SSE, compared to SS08" and the first person to reply, writes exactly what I had just said  ::)

I would rather have 100 people writing negative feedback on the forums and then get a service pack to fix most of the problems, than 100 Ship Simulator fanboys, cursing and striking lighting at you if you dare say anything against it and celebrating it.

And no matter how you put it, nor how you describe it, there are bugs and glitches in game, there is lag in game and these things need to be fixed.

Thank you for reading,

Oasis

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 22:17:36 »

Moaning doesn't really help much..
Here's a topic where you can post your complaints..http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,20128.0.html

Oasis

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 22:24:08 »

Moaning doesn't really help much..
Here's a topic where you can post your complaints..http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,20128.0.html

Thank you for reading none of what I had just put, man your helpful.

I wouldnt be moaning as you put it, but so far from the results of the poll, there are clearly more "No Way" "Alright" people, than "Yes" almost double in fact.

So before you push me aside, and think your some what better than me, or have a right to tell me were to litterally 'jog off' I am speaking from looking at the evidence, and if you want that evidence you just to look in the SSE sub-forum, not even that, this topic to see people are not happy with SSE.

Oasis

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 22:26:03 »

Yes, but VSTEP know that it needs improving - a patch is already underway...

what more do you want them to do?

Edit: And no one has claimed the game is perfect either

Oasis

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 22:36:50 »

Yes, but VSTEP know that it needs improving - a patch is already underway...

Edit: And no one has claimed the game is perfect either

I know that, but then that leaves me with two questions, why launch a game if VSTEP already knew it had bugs and glitches? And two, they say a patch, but a patch to fix what? Could be anything? Make the water look darker? Make the sky look brighter?

What are they fixing?

I think you guys get the wrong end of the stick I am trying to say, I just want VSTEP to be a bit more open. An apology would be nice, I've spent my good earned money on a game that by what you are saying, the developers already knew had problems in it.

I am not a hater of the game, I don't want to have an agurement with people on here who post tips, help me out a lot when I get into problems, make me laugh etc... I really hope SSE become's a milestone in Ship Simulator History in the long term, the Dover port is beautiful.

I just want VSTEP to admit that they have done wrong, and say "Were going to start fixing this, this and this..." so I know that when I install SSE again, I can play it at it's true protenial.

Now I think I have to say an apology as well, I am deeply sorry to anyone who has read my posts and disagree's with it, or finds it rude. It was not my intention to start an agurement or moan, but just to say I want this to be changed.

I totally started my posts wrong, in an aggressive mood and for that I am sorry.

Thank you for reading,

Oasis
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 22:38:54 by Oasis »

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 22:47:17 »

Perhaps the game was released too soon, perhaps there were reasons we don't know about for that..
As far as I'm concerned, it's water under the bridge..  It is here, imperfect as it may be..
All we can do is try to make it better with constructive criticism..

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 23:37:28 »

Perhaps the game was released too soon, perhaps there were reasons we don't know about for that..
As far as I'm concerned, it's water under the bridge..  It is here, imperfect as it may be..
All we can do is try to make it better with constructive criticism..
I totally agree with that, how could i not? And to Oasis I would say: If you are so displeased with SSE, why not put it away, unregister your copy from your profile, and please, stop to annoy us with the same complaints over and over again.
Tnx for understanding (I hope).
Regards
Aad
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

Oasis

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 23:49:19 »

I totally agree with that, how could i not? And to Oasis I would say: If you are so displeased with SSE, why not put it away, unregister your copy from your profile, and please, stop to annoy us with the same complaints over and over again.
Tnx for understanding (I hope).
Regards
Aad

Look, I said sorry, what more do you ******** want? Seriously, you make out like im some sort of a ****, which I find highly disrespectful. I have every right (as you do) to share my opinion on these forums about a game in which I brought.

I was clearly putting my opinion into a detailed respone, instead of just going "its rubbish".

I've installed Ship Simulator Extremes again and actually liking it, and would agree with you that, and say thanks to VSTEP, I see many improvements over SS08. It really is a nice sim, and enjoying the greenpeace missions alot. What I don't like, is when I get a person like you who thinks they can treat me as a 3 year old idiot.

Like I said, im sorry for "hijacking" your thread and posting negative things, it was stupid of me to do, but to write like that in that manner I find very low, and go's to show how much respect you have to a fellow Ship Sim user.

Good Day,

Oasis

Removed bad language, please try to use normal words. :o

Traddles.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 11:11:08 by Traddles »

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2010, 11:02:14 »

Add more simulation - that's what VSTEP should do. Some even call this simulator a "screen saver" (well, the graphics look good...and..?).

For now, I'm not a part of the fanboy-league here that some might think, and I don't really understand why some are so harsh to negative feedback? I suppose that some easily forget that we are customers, we are paying real money for something, and we don't want to be cheated.
Now, cheated is a strong word and I don't feel myself cheated in this case, but very close to this, because I thought that Extremes was a big step ahead from the previous version, especially on the part called simulation-

It is great that some continues to compare SS with FSX..in fact, if we look at the horizon trough time, the goal for VSTEP would be to develop a soft version of a professional simulator, as much as Microsoft took the step to develop a soft version of a professional flight simulator. "So far so good"...but..

The way I see it for now, is that VSTEP skips the simulation parts and throws it in a pro version and tell us to pay a great price for that one, a version that is not made for this group for customers, but for so called "professional training". But don't get me wrong here, because I don't want VSTEP to just throw a pro version in our faces and tell us "hey, there you go.. pro-version for reduced price". I just know that FSX doesn't cost as much as Nautis, and FSX mostly got it all (generally spoken).

On the optimistic side, there where so many expectations, wishes and demands for this simulator before Extremes, that if they keep this wheel spinning, we might end up with a great simulation product over time.
Anyway, on the other hand, the attention may fall a lot if VSTEP just makes some minor changes from version to version and hypes it sky-high to draw a lot of attention on a new version. I mean, what where you thinking first time when you heard the tittle "EXTREMES"?

Some might call this version "a flaw", and I'm almost one of those. There are dozens of suggestions about new features that was suggested by users of Ship Simulator 2008 far before the development of Extremes was announced. Before it was delayed people where almost going crazy just to get a view of what was coming. Now the whole thing is released. There where also some complaining about the activity at this board..oh yeah. Well..did Extremes change the activity? Sure...at the first day of release. But over time? Probably not..

Some may call this a rant, others may call it trolling, and others again may call it moaning. Whatever it is, it's what that must be written by those who pay the price for a product. A company that makes a product got to deal with their customers, whatever the customer might say about the product, good or bad. There is no room  to improve a product if there is no room for product reviews.

So for this time, I'll say "Thank you VSTEP. Hello VSTEP???" (and that doesn't mean that the world is falling a part). It's just another regular customer that will think twice next time VSTEP got another "extremes" version under development. I'm not so impressed of what VSTEP made this time, some may just call it "a screen saver" and I agree with that. It's eye candy, visually perfect but badly simulated.  Those are the words of how I see Extremes, and I'm probably not the one.

Well, keep on rocking.. :P

(And to fanboys..please don't claim this place as only yours. It may get a little bit overheated from time to time . Kudos to the mods ;))
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 11:05:43 by JHB »

mvsmith

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2010, 13:04:54 »

Hi JHB,

I agree that SSE seems to have shifted somewhat away from simulation, and toward the “gamer” end of the spectrum, at least as far as the supplied missions go. I hope that after the ME is released we will see more challenging and rational missions from the experienced SS 2008 creators. The mission and logic editors show real potential.

As for ship behavior and handling, it’s a mixed bag that can be expected to improve with time. Adapting existing ships to operate in the new sea has been a daunting task. The new controls need refinement in some cases. One problem for many is simply that things are different.
I have seen complaints about the “slow response” to changes in rudder or throttle. I think you would agree that it is one move in the simulation direction.

There are some features missing that would have been useful, such as a sighting compass or pelorus.
On the whole, the new architecture has promise of delivering more simulation, if the main potential market is perceived to lie in that direction.

Thanks for your thoughtful criticism, delivered without rancor. I think that the plethora of vituperative rants has, perhaps, over sensitized us to criticism.

Regards,
Marty

BigBravo21

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2010, 16:09:18 »

I think lack of AI traffic in Free Roam is a major omission and kind of takes the shine off it for me......

osterob

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 18:25:05 »

I'm happy with what I have so far and I'm one of the fortunate ones that hasn't had any problems running SSE so far, knock on wood.

I do feel that the product we currently have is by no means a simulation but more a game. The ME may help get some of that simulator atmosphere back. In my opinion, until and if VSTEP implements some of the feature requests such as a more detailed bridge, AI traffic, and buoys and markers, only then it will deserve the word
simulator that is in its name.

With that said, so far I'm happy with what I've got so far. I don't feel cheated but I do feel a little disappointed. I think in time, with right amount of attention from VSTEP, it has the potential to surpass what we've seen and played so far.

Chitch

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2010, 21:49:19 »

Yeah, but "Ship Game Extremes" is kind of clunky to say  :doh: ;D ;)

Jim

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2010, 22:21:27 »

In time we all will see who's right and who's wrong. For the time beeing I say: SS Extremes is as good as it possible could be in the short time the developers hat to give it to the publishers. Sure, I also see the glitches, buggies, wrong colours etc. etc. But all will be OK with one ore more patches.
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines