Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 14:41:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: what do u guys think of SSE  (Read 11407 times)

John1000

• Forum member
what do u guys think of SSE
« on: August 28, 2010, 20:00:47 »

im not impressed i think its a 5

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
Re: what do u guys think of SSE
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 20:07:46 »

Well...to me it feels unfinished. But I can understand why; because V-STEP have dates to meet. Even though I do feel the game just isn't quite good enough to be put on a shelf...In some ways I feel like i've paid over 40 pounds for a beta in a box...

In a lot of ways I prefer SS08...but hopefully with patches things will be resolved.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

John1000

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 20:10:20 »

i also prefer ss08 wish they just could add the SSE ships to ss08 and call it done

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 20:12:57 »

After some patches, SSE will be better.
For me, it looks quite unfinished. But hopefully is it to be fixed

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 20:14:30 »

I hope so!

At least there are some nice new features...and some good imrovements. I guess they just need to be built on with patches.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 20:18:20 »

On a scale from 1 - 10 I'll give it an .......................Drums ROOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
there it comes
except for the missing manual, the missing Radio-slider in the sound-options menu and the missing single missions the game itself is great.
Only one thing:
I have to play in a windowed screen.
Whenever I play it full screen and the one or other application kicks in, for instance a Virus Checker or Auto-Update or what so ever, the game drops to the background (like in SS08) but jumps back before I can say VSTEP.
But then it's a graphical mess and there is no way I can abort it except with a hard reset.
Could be nice if that was mentioned in the manual
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 20:21:21 »

Please we need patches!  :doh:

Biggles1975

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 20:34:42 »

I guess this is a good example of why not to give release dates. The pubisher will want the game by release date if it is finished or not. That then means game gets bashed by unhappy customers and the devs will have to get to work on patches instead of making more content for the game. I call it the FSX virus it seems to of effected almost every simulator game that has been released sinice FSX. But unlike some companys there is a chance of Vstep fixing it and getting there sooner rather than later.  :thumbs:

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 20:42:09 »

As we all know, VSTEP is a company which not only produces consumer games. So they have a face to loose.
With all the very negative and very undeserved critics on amazon.de (and maybe other so called relaiable sites), I'm quite sure that VSTEP will do anything to keep us gamers satisfied. Their fault or not. Period.

jtm22

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 20:48:52 »

While I can't really play the game yet, the small 5 minutes of choppy play I did play was pretty good.

The controls are nice an intuitive. The scenery (what I can see, anyway) looks good, in the correct place. I like the feel of the game so far, I just wish I could play it at more than 5fps.

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 21:00:29 »

0 for reales date and i dont have it
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

dio

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 21:15:33 »

old candy in new package.  >:( i'm was very dissapointed. same ugly and stupid AI traffic, same fake gauges in command bridge (if is difficult to make "live" radar on screens, like a map? or working fuel gauges? or even simple clock or barometer?) no binoculars, no Titanic, yet poor textures of vessels decks-i have a long list- all of this things are inheritance from old versions. personally, i can't see any new game, in maximum- large add-on. this purcase-just money waste.
PS: Microsoft Flight simulator dinasty- is a good example of DEVELOPMENT from generation to generation
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 21:19:04 by dio »

Birder

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 22:15:22 »

Tried SS08 demo 2 weeks ago and its was ok

Read all the hype about SSE so placed my order

For a new user, the manual is poor, there is supposed to be a tutorial mission but its missing so i am a bit lost to what i should be doing.

I am amazed at just how many posts there are about bad performance and low FPS and no answers from VSTEP, I am sure they realise something is wrong so why not say something.

They should also make a statement about the extra content as that seems confusing

As a new Ship Sim user, the download, and install is OK but i am not impressed with the game.

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 22:23:37 »

Tried SS08 demo 2 weeks ago and its was ok

Read all the hype about SSE so placed my order

For a new user, the manual is poor, there is supposed to be a tutorial mission but its missing so i am a bit lost to what i should be doing.

I am amazed at just how many posts there are about bad performance and low FPS and no answers from VSTEP, I am sure they realise something is wrong so why not say something.

They should also make a statement about the extra content as that seems confusing

As a new Ship Sim user, the download, and install is OK but i am not impressed with the game.

You didn't have a tutorial mission in SS08 too. To play this type of games, you should have at least a minimum knowledge abut ships. What is a bow thruster, Azipod etc. In the SS08 you have several tutorials, that could help in SSE too. :thumbs:

Usernme

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 22:39:34 »

There are a lot of hotkeys that seem to be missing, and I'm not quite happy about the specs needed to run SSE. But to be fair, after playing 2 hours of .5 FPS (I barely got through the chem trails mission) I can truly say that all this game needs is a good computer and a good captian. A lot of us don't have stellar computers, so a lot of us are missing out, but I feel like the game is truly a masterpiece, despite a few dropped things from SS08.

gibby12

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 22:43:57 »

to make your FPS higher go to your graphic options in SEE and lower your graphics a bit or a lot untill it runs a bit more smooth and your saticfied with the graphics and peformance :)

cuz .5 FPS is pretty damn low

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 22:49:26 »

Hoy,
I'm quite happy with this first result,i can give easy 8 out of 10.Yes,it needs patches to make it better,and i'm sure they will come.

@Dio,
Flightsim was in the beginning also not like it is now,remember FS is already more than 20 years around.Shipsim only 4.
Marc
N

Chitch

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 23:22:31 »

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it...yes, it's a little buggy and needs some patches, but so does every other sim that's come out.

We could definitely use more AI traffic...even some static ships tied up to the piers in a harbor would dress it up a lot.

But as far as gameplay goes, the trip through the Antarctic really had me going....talk about tense situations!  Nearly no visibility, heavy snow fall, fog, chunks of ice floating around with big jagged teeth on them and you try to get through the mess unscathed....it was the best part of the sim so far....the work on the sounds is excellent.  I sideswiped an iceberg, and I hear a heavy thud and screaming steel as the ice slides by....talk about realism!  Scared me to death when that happened.  I loved every minute of it....it was really draining to get through the maze, and when I finally popped out at the entrance of NY harbor, I was genuinely relieved.

That part of the sim gets a solid 10 from me, the need for AI traffic and some patches....I'll give it a 6 or so.  Overall...not too bad for a first release.  I nearly gave up on Flight Sim, and the Truck sims were just awful when they first came out...so, don't loose sight of the end of the line....look at all the goodies we have for SS08...they didn't happen overnight, so let's give this one some time.

Jim

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2010, 23:24:30 »

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it...yes, it's a little buggy and needs some patches, but so does every other sim that's come out.
Jim

I couldn't be more agreed with Jim  :thumbs: Well Done

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 23:25:54 »

Thanks for sharing that, i enjoyed reading it Jim!

austin14

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 23:26:57 »

all i can say is im waiting for patches and im gnna continue with ss08. im not very happy with my purchase. iv spent so much of my money on building this computer and upgrading it here and there. runs pretty much all games great. they went to far with all these fancy graphics that most people cant use and have to deal with the unpleasant medium settings. they shouldve stuck with the ss08 type gui. for example the controls layout is weird. i couldn't even operate the red eagle because there is no turn gauges like there was in ss08. and that new chat window. LOL. ss08 chat window showed you everything. what ship they were in there speed there forum name. this shows nothing.

im not hating on Vstep. they did a great job on the ships and physics and all that stuff. but theres some things they kinda alienated us with.

please vstep make some patches fixing all the bugs and helping the performance out a bit.  maybe some new control layouts like ss08 had and some new horns. :)

Chitch

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2010, 23:28:59 »

Thanks....I've written some programs in the past, so I know that when a sim (which is way beyond me) comes out, there's going to be hiccups, and bugs that were missed in the initial release.  A lot of the folks on the board seem to forget that the programmers are human too....they make mistake just like we all do.  Just because someone makes a mistake is no reason to start yelling "Off with their heads".....things develop over time.  Maybe because I'm a geezer I have more patience.  If people want perfection, then they're in the wrong line of interest and the wrong reality.

Jim

soup55

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2010, 23:37:06 »

Overall, I am disappointed.  This is my first ship sim, I'm usually into flight and racing sims.  It does, (as other readers have noted), feel unfinished.  NO Missions? C'mon!  And in this day and age of fast, capable CPU's & GPU's, I was expecting to have fully functional radar, GPS, depthsounder screens, with some buttons and knobs to put to use at the helm.  I am really blown away by the almost crude helmsman stations.  I took a chance, but now wished I had not.  My only hope now is that SSE will be improved upon, patched, etc..

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2010, 23:57:22 »

It's wekend for those VSTEP guys too, you know.  :doh:

austin14

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 01:00:30 »

true
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines