Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 10:59:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: what do u guys think of SSE  (Read 11353 times)

huang yu po peter

• Forum member
Re: what do u guys think of SSE
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2010, 07:56:47 »

As high as EBPR.jpg

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2010, 08:28:43 »

@soup55,
Prohably it has to to with the release dates.They did not want to delay it more further intime.I pretty sure that the patches and updates will come in time.
Regards
Marc
One thing is for sure,the graphics are very good,better than the 2008 version.
N

huang yu po peter

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2010, 09:20:17 »

Need free patches....

Birder

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2010, 09:20:27 »

You didn't have a tutorial mission in SS08 too. To play this type of games, you should have at least a minimum knowledge abut ships. What is a bow thruster, Azipod etc. In the SS08 you have several tutorials, that could help in SSE too. :thumbs:

I bought it as i sold my Sealine F43 a year ago so i have a good enough knowledge, the reason for the tutorial would not be for just me, my point is why say there is one when there is not one

Andysim212

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2010, 09:55:25 »

Im in two minds about it as it is out of the box so to speak, it feels unpolished but then most things do when they are brand new.  I too get very low performance I mean I dont have a supercomputer but it never struggles to run other games even FSX runs at 70fps or 32 fps with a complex addon (VRS Superbug FA-18 ftw!) but this is going to need twice as much performance to run SSE smoothly.

I just hope an update/patch comes that can help as it is I will not be able to play untill I get a new PC.

Frin63

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2010, 10:54:19 »

I bought SSE because SS2008 was utterly unstable on Windows 7. Overall I think they did a good job on the ships and the environments. It looks like the missions are allowing some more complicated scenarios which is a great improvement on SS2008. I also like the imptoved visual stuff but for me that's not the most important thing. It does seem a bit buggy; for instance when grounding a ship the effects are more humoristic then real.
I'm also missing some basic displays, like the time of day and the amount of damage to the ship.

I think it's a good product so far but I'm hoping for some patchwork in the near future!

CornishChris

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2010, 11:09:24 »

Having spent many years in the IT industry I can spot when developers are getting users to PAY for testing the software.

This should have had a Beta release (FREE) to selected users and all the bugs fixed prior to release.

What you have done with this software is simply dishonest you are expecting users to PAY to do the beta test.

And now we are told that our computers are not up to the task, this should have been made clear before purchase.

And NO MISSIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take me back to 08, at least it worked.

GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2010, 12:24:56 »

And now we are told that our computers are not up to the task, this should have been made clear before purchase.

Ahoy Chris,
I agree with most of your comment, but for that piece of it I'm quoting:
"It was stated in the minimal system requirements what kind of hardware was needed.
So, when people don't bother to read those publications they are not in title to complain of "Not having known".
I've seen in your profile that you are not one of the 'angry Young Ones' so therefore I can say this to you, I hope!?"
Kind Regards
Aad the ANGRY Pirate.
BTW, I'm in no way allianced with VSTEP, I have my grieves too  :captain:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 12:30:00 by Aad The Pirate »
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

dio

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2010, 17:51:44 »

overall, this game is big fail. after 3 days of using i seriosly think about refund...

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2010, 17:58:29 »

overall, this game is big fail. after 3 days of using i seriosly think about refund...
You dont have registered yourself,i can see that??
You need to .
Marc
N

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2010, 18:10:22 »

@CornishChris:
Having spent many years in the IT industry I can spot when developers are getting users to PAY for testing the software.

This should have had a Beta release (FREE) to selected users and all the bugs fixed prior to release.

What you have done with this software is simply dishonest you are expecting users to PAY to do the beta test.

That is also my opinion. You should report all the bugs and annoyances you encounter while playing. We are like being a Beta tester for a game we have purchased. It is just like Microsoft with their Windows Versions which came out the last twenty years. The first version of a new Windows OS always have had some nasty bugs and Microsoft had to release patches and servicepacks for the Windows OS'es. Windows 3.0, 95, 89 and Windows XP are very notorious with bugs and annoyances.

After some time SSE 2010 will reach maturity by applying patches and upgrades, just like SS 08 did with the 1.42-version. SSE 2010 suffers now teething trouble.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2010, 18:30:52 »

I feel in some ways that it would be like going to a car dealer...looking at a car, and saying "I'll take it"...you go to collect your car, and it only has 3 wheels insted of 4.

Even if Paradox are to blame for the early release, the overall system is NOT right. If you bought something from a shop, that was advertised as having 5 things in it, and when you got home and opened it and it only had 2 - you'd go back and ask for your money back. The company would also be doing something very much against the law...I can't remember the phrase, but pretty much conning people into buying a product that isn't the one advertised. Moreoever, why should anyone have to pay 30-40 Pounds for something that isn't finished, and has things literally missing from the game?

Even if V-STEP are saying that they will release patches, you don't go to Argos and buy a PS3 and only get the Controls when you open the box. Argos aren't going to turn around and say to you "We'll send you the console later when we've made it". As I said earlier, the system is totally wrong. I have the right mind to ask for a refund, as anyone would do if if you used my examples above.

I am not a happy bunny at all. Even though SSE is enjoyable, and the general foundations of the game are good, I feel the game is a beta in a box...as Chris also pointed out.

Jack.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 18:51:58 by IRI5HJ4CK »
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Dreadnought

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2010, 18:47:10 »

I too am disappointed with SSE and totally agree with Jack. However I plan to stay with it as I am sure things will get better.

One big improvement for me is the game runs well on windohs7 64 bit unlike SS08. Though I am having trouble with getting top quality antialaised graphics despite having 2x nvidia glx 260 cards in sli mode. Frame rates are pretty good.

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2010, 18:49:09 »

i think i now where it is
but i cant get it as the sorting office is closed  >:(
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2010, 09:27:33 »

You dont have registered yourself,i can see that??
You need to .
Marc

Why the hell does he need to register the game to his forum account.
If he does that he can basicly forget about a refund.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2010, 12:58:38 »

I'm so far satisfied with the game. Since I'm sitting on a high-end system, I expected that this game would run on this system and it did (lucky me  :D)
I'm satisfied with the new ocean system that I find unique for this type of simulator. The only game that got similar ocean system is Silent Hunter and the ocean system plays an important role when it comes to the forces on the ship and how it visually looks when the ship under command.

The graphics plays a not so important role in my opinion, but VSTEP proves that they want stuff to look realistic in a visual way compared to other titles in the same genre. Therefore I give this game a high score when it comes to graphics.

I'm impressed when it comes to the controllers/gauges and how they visually look. I have not in any other nautical simulators for home PCs seen this kind of instrumentation made so well.

Still I find some of the wheelhouses and bridges at some of the ships quite empty, like the bridge at Fairmount Sherpa. Some more stuff on the bridge could bring a atmosphere of work space even if this would populate the bridge with more 3D stuff that might influence the performance of the game.

I miss the exhaust from exhaust pipes, but that will hopefully be fixed in patches/updates by VSTEP.

So far I have played a lot of free roaming and I'm looking forward to browse the rest of the game in the days to come. :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines