Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 15:38:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Purchased on Steam, Doesn't work and I have no Product Key to register!?!  (Read 58836 times)

laganviking

• Forum member

FYI, Fred does not work for VSTEP, he freely gives a lot of his time to help run this forum.

Dont come in all guns blazing. The issue here is STEAM. If you have an issue, please email VSTEP directly, im sure they would be glad to hear from you.
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

Raylon

• Forum member

What a bunch of friggin whining babies you guys are.  For the added convenience of steam, you can wait a day or two while the issues get flattened out.  Just think, if you had waited to order the game this late you wouldn't be getting the game for several days anyways.  It will work on steam very soon, I can guarantee it.

Biggles1975

• Forum member

I think the mods are going to be very busy banning people at this rate. There seems to be alot of people that don't know how to behave and have real anger problems. And Steam has been playing up today as people who wanted to buy a add-on for another game I have had to make 2-3 tries this is on top of it being released over 2 hours late.

laganviking

• Forum member

That is fine, but as a 'fanboy' i was just merely pointing out to a troll like yourself that Fred should not be taking your flack. Fred does not work for VSTEP, so why hurl abuse at him? He volunteers many many hours of his service to running this forum - free of charge!

If you have an issue, shouting on a forum isn't the way forward. Contact VSTEP directly for any proper solutions.
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

Q-Ryche

• Forum member

I think the mods are going to be very busy banning people at this rate. There seems to be alot of people that don't know how to behave and have real anger problems. And Steam has been playing up today as people who wanted to buy a add-on for another game I have had to make 2-3 tries this is on top of it being released over 2 hours late.

Yeah ban me, I'm not just blindly licking the developers nuts like you guys are with your boat signatures and avatars.

When I buy a game, I expect to be able to access it. Instead I paid 40 dollars to look at a CD key screen with no cd-key. I don't care if they fixed it tomorrow, the fact that it happened at all is just pathetic and shows the kind of developers you're getting.

Rac0r

• Forum member

Well, I have my product key from the boxed version, but I can't register it with Steam. The German Forum says steam will enable the activation between 4 pm and 12 pm on August 27th.... Guess what: time's up. In the meantime you see pictures all over the web by people who have downloaded the game illegaly and can play. Once again the honest customer is betrayed. Not once should they complain about piracy, but first fix their own failures.

Raylon

• Forum member

To the last 3 blind fanboy users who posted, you're all pathetic. You keep claiming it's STEAM, it's not STEAM, as I said, over 200 games purchased, lots of big name games, lots of small indie games, not ONCE have I encountered this issue with their service, I'm almost positive never again as long as I don't buy anything from these developers.

You can say I'm whining or whatever, that's fine, I'll gladly take my refund and never see view anything these people put out ever again. But till I recieve my refund, I'm going to make sure everyone here who purchased on STEAM knows about this crap.

Oh I love steam, but this is a Steam problem most likely right now. I have about a hundred games on Steam, and I will be getting ship sim soon, but most people who use steam know that the first few days are somewhat rough.

To Rac0r: You can't do that. Has to be bought on steam to use with Steam.

cherbert

• Forum member

To Rac0r: You can't do that. Has to be bought on steam to use with Steam.

Wrong.

That is exactly how it is. Many games now purchased off the shelf need to be activated on steam. Ship Sim Extremes being one of them.

laganviking

• Forum member

...pictures all over the web by people who have downloaded the game illegaly and can play. Once again the honest customer is betrayed. Not once should they complain about piracy, but first fix their own failures.

There was the option to either order the boxed version OR a downloaded version that could be downloaded from VSTEP. The download was fully legal.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member

I don't see what your getting at, as much as you love this precious STEAM.
Sometimes things like this can go wrong, the only problem that went wrong was STEAM not activating the activation codes. You can phone them up now and they will tell you it was THEM who had to delay it and not the developer.
The developer just makes it.
And as rightly pointed out STEAM did go slightly wrong, but theres no point trying to deny it, even if you are a die hard fan of theirs.

There really is no point trying to blame someone else  :thumbdown:
It will be fixed by tommorow.

No hard feelings mate, but we need to accept things like this sometimes,.

cherbert

• Forum member

There was the option to either order the boxed version OR a downloaded version that could be downloaded from VSTEP. The download was fully legal.

And your point is?

laganviking

• Forum member

In the meantime you see pictures all over the web by people who have downloaded the game illegaly and can play.
You had the option to download from VSTEP instead of buying the boxed version, making it legal. :thumbs:

cherbert

• Forum member

You had the option to download from VSTEP instead of buying the boxed version, making it legal. :thumbs:

I'm confused - exactly how is the boxed version not legal?

And anyway,  I didn't buy the boxed version. I purchased and downloaded it from Steam.

dodweb

• Forum member

Why go barking up VSTEP's tree? They are hardly responsible here?

Paradox is the distributor, they are responsible for getting the game out to various outlets, like Steam.

Steam is one of many outlets selected by Paradox (and not VSTEP), most likely thats where the error occurred. Would you go knock on the door of some Taiwanese sub-factory because your local E-Mart employee forgot to add that cable you needed with you Philips device?

Rac0r

• Forum member

Yeah, but the point is: honest customers who BOUGHT the boxed versions can't play, while others who have downloaded it illegaly can. It does not matter wether the legal downloaders can play or not. The fact is: some customers are at a disadvantage.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member

I dont get it  ::)

The illegal users operate differently, thats no ones fault.
They have uploaded the game illegally and more people download it illegally.

Im sure the people with boxed versions are quite happy knowing they havent got it illegally

cherbert

• Forum member

Why go barking up VSTEP's tree? They are hardly responsible here?

Paradox is the distributor, they are responsible for getting the game out to various outlets, like Steam.

Steam is one of many outlets selected by Paradox (and not VSTEP), most likely thats where the error occurred. Would you go knock on the door of some Taiwanese sub-factory because your local E-Mart employee forgot to add that cable you needed with you Philips device?

Because maybe they will realise after this they need to find a better distributor for their next game.

laganviking

• Forum member

RacOr...the game can be downloaded LEGALLY from VSTEP :doh: Boxed and downloaded LEGAL options were offered.

Honest customers are having issues with STEAM activiation. As far as im aware VSTEP have held their end of the bargin.

Rac0r

• Forum member

I dont get it  ::)

The illegal users operate differently, thats no ones fault.
They have uploaded the game illegally and more people download it illegally.

Im sure the people with boxed versions are quite happy knowing they havent got it illegally

Sure, but they also wish, they could play.

v.h94

• Beta Tester

RacOr...the game can be downloaded LEGALLY from VSTEP :doh: Boxed and downloaded LEGAL options were offered.

Honest customers are having issues with STEAM activiation. As far as im aware VSTEP have held their end of the bargin.

All peopel who have registerd are honset costumers since they have got a license key and it can't be registerd in more then 1 profile.

Rac0r

• Forum member

And who cares whose fault it is ? Fact is, it does not work. Everybody involved is responsible. VSTEP has contacts to Paradox and they have contacts to Steam. It is possible to get things moving fast.

laganviking

• Forum member

The issue at present is the vast scale of this operation. Its HUGE, worldwide! At VSTEP offices it is 0110am, in the Dutchlands, and STEAM is just after 1800 over in america. The time differences arent helping in this matter, but just be patient.

Shouting and moaning wont hurry things along ;)

Matthew Brown

• Forum member

Everybody involved is responsible. VSTEP has contacts to Paradox and they have contacts to Steam. It is possible to get things moving fast.
If a computer crashes, I highly doubt a phone call from anyone is going to make it go faster  ::)

We should leave it at that I think now, yes?
Everybody can play tommorow,and everyone is happy.

Theres no need to continue making bad comments about anyone or corporations.  :thumbdown:

No hard feelings to anyone, and happy sailing very soon  :thumbs:

cherbert

• Forum member

If a computer crashes, I highly doubt a phone call from anyone is going to make it go faster  ::)

We should leave it at that I think now, yes?
Everybody can play tommorow,and everyone is happy.

Theres no need to continue making bad comments about anyone or corporations.  :thumbdown:

No hard feelings to anyone, and happy sailing very soon  :thumbs:

Agreed.

I am downloading King Arthur the Roleplaying Game from Steam to calm me down.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member

Good thank you
 :thumbs:

I hope you enjoy your King Arthur game :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines